Hey Sup Forums, what are your opinions on autism...

Hey Sup Forums, what are your opinions on autism, specifically the drastic uptick in the rate of diagnosis over the past few decades? Pic possibly related.

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcnews.com/health/health-news/mysterious-polio-illness-paralyzing-u-s-children-n658766
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nobody cares who you are
We’ll beat you with a bar
Die, you fucking Barneyfag
You’ll gain many more haters
Your intelligence won’t save you later
Die, you fucking Barneyfag

And you’ll bask in the shadow of your past childhood
But jet fuel can’t melt steel beams
Fuck off, you manchild, you fucktard, you loser,
Fuck off, you master of lies and deception, and die!

Stop shilling your shitty toddlers' show

fucking die

pic was related!

Not really, you're only using it as an excuse to shill your shitty toddlers' show

so fucking die

we don't have autism. we're fat lazy cats and only a war or equal national action will fix it.

struggle sessions when

just get killed

Multiple factors are at play.

1. Increase in environmental toxins which effect childhood brain development.

2. Increase in births to older women due to feminist induced muh career degeneracy.

3. Increase is genetic load due to general dysgenic pressures in our societies.

4. Vaccines.

fugging die

What song is that supposed to be? And shouldn't you like mlp, I thought autists ate that shit up. Anyways, keep up the crusade.

Autism is directly linked to women having babies older and older. Look at the trend of autism versus female conception age, since the feminist revolution.

Of course autism is going to be diagnosed more now.

100 years ago, an autist would have just been labled a dummy, a retard or antisocial.

That's like asking why has there been an uptick in people being diagnosed with bacterial infections since the creation of germ theory.

quality post

It's supposed to be Shine On You Crazy Diamond.

Is wrong. Although women wait longer to start having kids, it's not as if they stopped at 29 back in the day. It's always been fairly common for women to keep having kids as long as they are able.

The truth is that autism is simply over-diagnosed. People spend too much time not communicating face to face, they aren't developing in-person social skills and that is being diagnosed as a neurological disorder. Doctors made the same mistake with ADD in the 90s. Kids were simply being overfed with sugary garbage and over-stimulated by a constant barrage of entertainment media and it was making it hard for them to calm the fuck down and focus. Doctors have no incentive to admit things like this are entirely the fault of the contemporary social climate because they can't charge you money to fix that.

I still hate degenerates

There is no uptick, we actually know what it is, and can recognize those impairements more readily compared to years ago.

I really do

kill them all

I hate them

why do you hate them

Labor stopped being physical and became mental

You're slipping. There's a thread on another board that might interest you.

A theory put forward on this is that humans use mirror neurons and social interaction for key developmental goals. The whole environmental advantage to such a long period of infancy and development is to use those mirror neurons and that time to learn behaviors that integrate us into the systems pre-existing to our arrival.
But the world has changed faster than we can evolve. We no longer learn by human instruction and observation and play with peers, but by interactions with machines (computers, television, gaming etc) this does not allow for the mirror neurons to successfully wire up our synaptic tree for social success. And once those neural synaptic accesses atrophy, they can never be used again.

TL;DR , too much matrix learning, not enough playing outdoors with other kids.

which one

Society is no longer allowed to function organically, families are fucked, single parents are common, no one can be mean to anyone any more and there are 436 genders; succeeding is bad and being a failure is good. Kids are programmed to seek boundaries to help them develop, without them they get stuck in a boot loop and become retards. Autism wasn't a thing in the 50's where kids had one gender, two parents and hit each other with sticks for fun.

Not "them", you, you fucking faggot

fucking die already

i dont get the mlp reference in the post

>had kid
>diagnosed with autism at 2.5 yrs old
>mother couldn't handle it and abandoned us
>first word at 6 years old.
>out of diapers at 7 years old.
>12 years old, can barely string together 3 word sentence
>can't bathe himself
>can't wipe his own ass without using baby wipes.
>can't be left unsupervised outside, even fenced in backyard

My observations.

First off, there is definitely a genetic component. My father, born in '44, has high-functioning autism but due to the nature of things back then he learned to mask it really well. Most of my family has a varying level of autistic traits, but not strong enough to earn a diagnosis. I have it, and was misdiagnosed as bipolar in 1996, but not until 2014 was I correctly re-diagnosed as high-functioning autism - and not nearly as well adapted as my dad. I can talk normally, but my brain turns to mush in public. My kid is the absolute worst with moderate-functioning autism and he will just never be able to get anything done.

I think a significant part of the "increase" (if not all of it) is just awareness and diagnosing are much ore acute. I am not convinced there is an increase of its existence at all.

I'll stick around and answer any questions if people have them.

Refer to pic related

Every single one of these points is wrong and has been proven to have zero affect on occurrence of autism.

It's on Sup Forums

>Autism is directly linked to women having babies older and older. Look at the trend of autism versus female conception age, since the feminist revolution.

This is wrong. It is regional, which appears on the surface to be related to birthing age because women in the USA have kids later.

In my opinion, it is in the blood lines of the US and been handed down for centuries, but is only now getting correctly diagnosed. Like Sickle Cell in black people.

What are you saying, it's genetic? Environmental?

>The truth is that autism is simply over-diagnosed.

this is a misconception. A symptom of autism is poor social skills, but without a sensory component, it is easily to rule it out.

Sensory issues are ... difficult to explain, if you don't have them. I'll give you an example. I was arrested when I was 17 for assaulting a woman in the waiting area of a quick-clinic in Walgreens. Her offense? She was chewing chips. Loudly. And it sent me over the edge because it was so incredibly annoying and offensive that I had to make her stop. I have no anger issues and am normally a calm person, but that shit sent me into a frenzy.

There are other things, like the feel of tight clothes. Can't stand it. Tight boxers, pants, shirts, anything. It all has to be lose. No exceptions. This is not a preference, it is a requirement. And I don't shave because stubble gives me a headache. Touching stubble against the grain literally makes my head hurt. And I have must have peace and quiet. No background noise. If anyone else has a TV or radio playing in some other part of the house, I put earplugs in because I can't stand it. It jumbles my brain and I can't focus or think.

These are sensory issues and it's the core trait shared across the board with all types of autism. If you don't have them, you don't have autism no matter how socially awkward you are.

The risk of chromosomal disorders increases exponentially in older women as they dry up dipshit.

based canadianon familiarized himself with MLP content so we don't have to.

Your sacrifice will not be forgotten.

I got diagnosed with Aspergers as a young kid.

Probably a mix of having my mom have me in my late 30s, and tons of Internet use

>What are you saying, it's genetic? Environmental?

I mean genetic, as in handed down from parent to child. But it is also easy to mask and learn to live with if you have no choice. All you have to do is tailor your environment around you perfectly.

As you know, women are said to have autism 1/4th the rate of men. I think that is bullshit and the number will change in the next few decades. Women are forced to adapt socially in ways that men aren't. Both because of their natural instincts and social pressures. Women are severely underdiagnosed because they have learned to deal with it. That's my opinion, not fact.

But the rule applies to people born in the last few centuries. Isolation was not an option. You had to learn to interact, learn to deal with offensive sensory issues ... there was no hiding in your room, or special ed classrooms, or medication to handle the mood swings (I take Lithium, by the way) ... so autism has been under the radar for a very long time, and been passed down in our blood for centuries. Which is why it's mostly regional now and the US is plagued hardcore with it. My opinion, again.

Vaccines

>Probably a mix of having my mom have me in my late 30s, and tons of Internet use

I'm not gonna get involved in that ... just gonna say you need to read up. There's a lot of literature out there (and medication) that can help you lead a much happier life.

Autism isn't a chromosomal disorder, dipshit.

>Vaccines

I swear to god Jenny McCarthy has done more damage to the world than she could make up for in a thousand lifetimes with that AntiVaccer shit.

It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

>the drastic uptick in the rate of diagnosis over the past few decades
We've just become better at finding it now. back in the day autists would just be called weirdos and nobody would think they have fucked genes

its good $$$ for the medical industrial complex expect more illness and fake treatments that force more idiots to foist extra heaps of their money. expect more walk-a-thons that do nothing to stop it. autism speaks it says why did you let them make me autistic when all they're after is their 4th mansion a 10th BMW?

The fact that this autist is still going on a rampage anytime anything remotely mlp related shows up just shows that he truly belonged in that class for retards.

He's 10x worse than any brony and has started to reach Chrischan levels of autism.

nbcnews.com/health/health-news/mysterious-polio-illness-paralyzing-u-s-children-n658766

Take a wild guess at where all this started.
Protip: Vaccines dipshit.
Do some fucking research and turn of CNN

You basically admitted that autism in you family falls under category 3, genetic load. In the past, most people with autism would not have reproduced, it is only through our dysgenic welfare state that autists are able to survive in our society.

Blame mods for banning anything pertaining to the show outside of 2 boards.

kill Barneyfags

get killed

murder degenerates

kill all Barneyfags

Barneyfags should die

fucking die

hang yourselves

hang yourselves

kill all

fight death

die

Die

Sorry lad. You must be culled for the good of the herd. Make some cool music first though.

Autism is more obvious these days because societal rules are so loose & people aren't forced into socializing like they used to be.
Boomers are 100% to blame for this.

Kill them