Heroin Awareness

Opioid dependence is a disease which has reached epidemic proportions throughout middle class white america.

Police demonize and arrest people in dire need of medical aassistance. There is a stigma associated with addicts that prevent them from admitting the problem and seeking help.

How do we change the opinion on addiction? These people need help, not jail time. Alcohol addiction is widely recognized as a medical condition, when will opioid addiction be treated as such?

Replying here in case other user sees it, thread got pruned.
While I did mean literal mothers would be growing, legalization would also open up a market for pharmaceutical companies and expert chemists to grow and sell. I think it would be possible to get good grade stuff without government intervention. Involving the government with regulation makes me think of the slow moving FDA, who prohibits dollar a pill generics from entering our country due to ass backwards (as it always is) bureaucracy. Is it possible to have good govt regs? Maybe. Probable? Doubt it.

It's interesting to hear your personal experience with heroin users. I'm an alcoholic (year sober) and know that feeling of wanting to quit drinking while I'm pouring my next one. My personal experience with addiction might be clouding my judgement on others--a "well I did it myself so can you" kind of subconscious thought. Something for me to think about.

I'll leave the prison argument because I'm getting ready to hit the hay, but I will agree there are way too many problems with the current system.

What you're saying does make sense and it's good to hear another viewpoint in what can certainly feel like an echo chamber around here. While I might disagree on the required amount of govt involvement with the process, I think I do agree with you on a lot of points. Thanks for engaging with me on the topic!

Opoid addiction is pretty easy to get over if you actually want to. I used heroin, and any pill I could find for years. Heroin addicts are all pussies.

I wouldnt recommend legalization of controlled versions of the substance, it would get more people hooked and once they cant afford the govt reg stuff, they'll turn to street alternatives.

Most of my patients got their first taste through legal scripts, oxy and the like. Once the script ran out they needed more so they turned to heroin. Id recommend removing all highly addictive opiate derivative painkillers from the market and start teaching new docs more about pain management. I had one young guy who came to me and said he went to the hospital with swine flu when it hit hard, and his er doc gave him an oxy script. His history showed he wasn't lying.

Doctors are as much the problem as dealers. Reform of the medical community is a must.

I know its winter break but its past your bedtime.

Methadone and suboxone can help save peoples lives unfortunately people are just trading in their addiction for another and going to the goverment troff for a fix . People are too scared to deal with the pain of withdrawl its crippling and mentally insane I went through it. Never will I take another pill in my life Car accident fucked me up then the pills made my life even shittier

Not him, clearly, but I did the same thing.

Dopesick literally only sucks for less than a week.

I'd recommend we legalize all drugs and start teaching people to take responsibility for their own actions but hey what do know? I'm only a former heroin addict.

The point of methadone/suboxone/subutex is that it blocks the neural pathways activated by heroin so there is no high anymore. That plus titrated dosages, counseling, support groups and regular evaluations aims to ween them off without throwing the chemical balances off so they dont have the deficiencies associated with relapses. Ive had patients get clean in 2 years and one patient whose been on for 16 years. Its an imperfect system but its better than nothing.

>troff

i was put on steroids by my doctor and that shit made me almost shoot up my school. steroids can fuck your life for 3 months plus i had ED for those 3 months and was suicidal for no reason

Let them sink further and closer to rock bottom, the ones who are worth while in society long term maybe even short term will rise out of the filth or learn to be productive regardless. You cannot help people who will not help themselves.

Glad you made it through but that result is atypical. Ive lost near a dozen patients due to arrests without withdrawal treatment. Heavy users have a good possibility of death during withdrawal.

Addict=/=professional.

So what? Not everyone is going to make it in life dickhead. Those who want to save themselves will.

What steroid?

Same could be said of a Sup Forums user. >Many such cases. Sad.

>hippocratic oath for 500 alex

You opinion is a large part of the problem.

>i did one thing once so everyone should be able to do it forever

Ok

Listen, son, I'm old enough to be your grandpap. I'm not proud of being an addict. I'm proud I'm functional and sober. I know what it's like to be a daily IV drug user. I know it so very well. If you want to stop, you stop. Its literally that easy. Getting your mind right and having a support structure (not enablers) is important, but that's it. Its all in your head.
Alcohol in the other hand, if drunks quit cold turkey they straight up die in a puddle of the most foul smelling shit you can imagine.

>i did one thing once so everyone should be able to do it forever
Absolutely. You have no right to another's agency of their body you megalomaniac.

You have a right to assist them if they request help, that's all.

>ghb id
>advocates legalization of all drugs
>vocal against addiction treatment

Tell me again why i should listen to a degenerate drug user like you? Some people want help, if you just want to do drugs without having to worry about legal repercussions, just od so the er docs can narcan your ass.

I was actually thinking about getting some scumbag arrested by the police in America. He's a known drug dealer at underage parties and sells heroin to kids. I'd like to report it to the police but will the police even care enough to investigate it past the point of "oh hello, we received a call about some things and we would like to talk to you"

I feel like swatting him and having drug dogs go through his home would find enough evidence in a sense that "exigent circumstances" could be the umbrella term to execute something of this magnitude.

Anyone have any experience reporting people to the police and getting good results?

How do I go about doing this without being vanned by cops for faking a call even though the guy is peddling drugs to kids?

Dont really work with dealers much, couldnt help you there, sorry user. Maybe try getting a deal on tape or vid? Idk, he might kill you for that tho.

When did I ever say I was against addiction treatment? What I said was I was against the prohibition of drugs and coercion of those that choose to use them.

Protip: 95% of those who tell you they want to get clean don't, they want to tell you whatever's it will take you to fuck off and leave them alone so they can get high. Leave these people the fuck alone and let them use their bodies the way they fucking please. If they really want to get clean they will call you. Don't keep throwing them in jail for no reason other than to coerce them into giving the answer that you want to fucking hear.

that won't work, I am relying on the police as a proxy but I need them to execute a warrant-less search on their premises.

and cop fags here lurking

You should mind your own fucking business.

What others do with their bodies is none of your concern.

Anyone dumb enough to put a needle in their arm to shoot drugs they bought off some nigger for $5 deserves all of the horrors of addiction and the loneliest of deaths.

Heroin has poisoned our society and does nothing redeeming. You can't trust a junkie even after they "got sober" or "found Jesus" or any of that horse shit. They'll go right back to it in a heartbeat.

I feel no pity for them and neither should any of you.

I love taking down criminal scum, I get off on it. If you want to inject chemicals into your own arms, fine. The second you sell it to kids, it becomes my problem and I will obsess on it until I see results.

Kill yourself

Are they your kids? No? Then it's not your fucking problem.

Worry about you.

third day sober after a 21 day bender of doing anywhere from 8-90mg daily of sweet sweet dilaudid longest was 6 months

its all mind over matter pure will power

I mean if youre really hardcore sure meth/sub aint gonna help since your brain is hardwired for opis but ya guess im lucky for being a high functioning junkie

kek

Did I trigger the heroin junkie? Let me guess, you're trying to cycle Kratom into your system because you have a probation meeting soon. Is that why you're up and can't sleep? :^)

For all you know, YOU may be the person I'm onto.

I've been clean for years. Years before I even knew kratom existed point of fact because believe it or not heroin is not that hard to quit.

That's the point, these people neither want or need your help. The fact that you think they do indicates that you're a faggot with a God complex.

Why don't you go around town giving strangers money advice and tips on their diet and exercise regimen. They're equally obnoxious and equally your business.

Its amazing how you can agree with people on pretty much everything, then a few ex junkies pretend to have any medical knowledge. Didn't know Sup Forums was a bunch of relapse waiting to happen ex users. Glad we got trump in, he'll probably fund a lot of my research. Now fuck off, probably have a few of you in my clinic. Look for the mug my daughter painted me, ill bring it in all next week. Please, bring it up. So long and thanks for the memes.

How is the withdrawal?

Did somebody say drugs?

>Years before I even knew kratom existed point of fact because believe it or not heroin is not that hard to quit.

THIIIIIIIS times a million. Holy shit you junkies on your crosses pretending society put you there. Well it did. Either die or climb down. If you don't climb you weren't worth saving. Many such cases. Sad.

The answer is right here senpai. Worked for the people of Thailand.

You mean the few of us who actually went through withdrawals know what they're like?

Holy shit, no fucking way?!

have/had none

but after the whole 6 months thing I just felt like shit for 72 hours walked a lot and got my mind off wanting to shoot up

DIGITS CONFIRM
LARPING JUNKIES BTFO

>replying to a larp

He straight-edge mafioso, get fucked. TFW snorting H for YEARS. Pairs well with my NEET life paid for by (((investments))). Also skinny girls fuck more.

>Do drugs and don't be a cuck

I actually don't want to help him, I'm hoping for a misunderstanding by the police and then reading about his fatality on the news. Junkies are always so predictable. The stupid fucker would probably pull a knife on a heroic officer of the law and then he would unleash a few hollow-points into his cranial vessel.

Fuck the homeless, as well. If I was an 18-wheeler driver I would take great pleasure in turning them into road pizzas.

>snorting H
being this retarded

>i changed my windshield wipers, im a mechanic

>I've been clean for years
Confirmed for junkie. You know from the moment you shot up for the first time until the day you die (next week of an overdose), every word you say is suspect?

You could tell me "2+2 = 4" and I'd think you just stole a calculator from someone. You're a fucking dormant junkie just waiting for your next boo hoo moment to get back on the horse.

>be me
>be 23 male
>doing opiates since 18
>iv heroin feels better than injecting liberal tears
>don't have motivation to accomplish anything in life without opiates in my body
>all suboxone doctors only take cash no insurance
>trying to find the willpower to sober up and do something with my life
>feels hopeless man

And you have fun with your little fantasy. It's certainly healthy to obsess about the lives of others to such a degree.
This desu. Waste of money.

Just legalize it, pure 100% medical grade heroin at any gas station in the country

Create jobs and solve the epidemic at the same time

I'm glad it feels hopeless. Your only hope is to jump off a bridge.

Hi Junkies. This man would like to have a word with you.

Neat but I could also tell you I shot up ten minutes ago and it would be equally your business, which is to say not at all.

Here's a thought: if you keep your nose out of shit that isn't your business maybe you wouldn't have to worry or care whether that person lies to you.

read some shit about buddhism I aint even joking fuck meth/sub shits evil

Clean today...

Then don't broadcast your fucking poor life choices on the internet, junkie.

>Guys. I found Jesus. I stopped shooting dope. Anybody can do it through the power of friendship, guys!

Fuck you, junkie. Don't you have men to blow under a bridge or something? Gotta make money so you can score.

>Have problem
>Don't know how to solve it because shitskin
>Just use bullets

I don't see the difference between this and niggers shooting anyone who questions their authority.

>lol they're so alpha, killing people wihout having to put effort into it and wringing the life from their beaten bodies

Go to NA- worked for me. I run a rehab now...

>Then don't broadcast your fucking poor life choices on the internet
Sup Forums in a nutshell

I always wondered how much you'd have to drink in order to go through withdrawals that bad

Keep in there bro, surround yourself with positive support. There is a reason clinical treatment always includes counseling.

>These people need help, not jail time

No. They don't need help. The rest of our society needs help. We are sick. We are so very sick. We should be killing these addicts. More importantly - Heroin should be flooded onto our streets by the fuck ton. Heroin should be laying around on the sidewalk. It should be that easy to get it. And anyone that does it should be killed.

Natural selection at hyperspeed. You cannot fathom how much better our country would be if we could get rid of these parasites.

My life choices were just fine.

The best part about not spending ones life trying to play morality police is you don't have to know or give a shit about anyone's life choices at all. I suggest you give it a shot.

>1 post by this id

He'll move up to foil soon enough.

>fine life choices
>loves heroin
Pick one

They didn't effect anyone else but myself. They were just fine.

Ban weed and hallucinogens first. We all know the real reason those are sold is to get the people who think they're cool to buy herion later.

Fot the same reason, ban all references to weed in popular culture. We all know people smoke weed because they want to imitate rappers and comedians, and end up getting addicted to opiods after that.

And ofcourse, we should go full Duterte on the drug dealers.

I don't understand it, even as an addict. I guess it starts by drinking to skip being hungover, and then you're just drinking all the time? Its by far the worst addiction.

>implying bullets aren't a valid solution to the problem

Duterte is a hero who has the spine to make the uncomfortable choices. You call him a killer, but he's really a healer, excising the druggies from society like a surgeon removing a malignant tumor.

Now look at that child in the picture. LOOK AT HIM! He's fucked for life. How many kids would you have end up like him? His blood is on your hands libtard.

no benzos are I have seen some benzo addicts do some fucking insane shit

Heroin!

Why even bother then?

I mean if they're only just going to use drugs until they die anyway what's the fucking point in getting involved at all? Do you not have enough shit to do during the day or something?

Nearly 5 years clean. You're right, my recovery is multifacited, underpinned by 12 Step.

Because dope fiends turn everything around them to shit. Sure they die off eventually, but only after bleeding those around them emotionally and financially dry. And a few ounces of lead is a hell of a lot cheaper than "3 hots and a cot", and 10 years of methadone.

It sounds like you just are too weak to disassociate from those who are bad for you.

Maybe work on not being a codependent little bitch.

Proud of you, that takes incredible inner strength. Everyday is a battle, never stop fighting. Your life is worth it.

This.

Also, nobody answered my question as to how I effectively end this drug dealer's life who is peddling this shit to kids at parties. I can expect the typical response from the junkie who is on the verge of phoning his pathetic dealer for some, but in all seriousness, anyone have an idea?

>inb4reply from said junkie

when it doesnt cost anything to treat it. alcohol addiction is as simple as AA meetings

the tax payers will not pay the bill for drugy faggots to recover from self inflicted damage

possibly when you stop trying to police other peoples lives and grow the fuck up, realizing that they are responsible for their own decisions, and thus, not your goddamn problem, making their addictions: none of your goddamn business

I have little choice where my tax dollars go. Thank god Trump won. You libshits can't make me pay to house your dope fiend friends and their nigger dealers anymore.

>libshits
You literally have not listened to one fucking word have you?

OP is an addiction doctor from previous thread, its kinda his job.

>addiction doctor

MY SIDES

I'm considering applying to a police force just so I can btfo some addicts and watch them squirm when I throw them into the jail cell.

Actually i can trump the police if necessary. I hear one of my patients was arrested, i make a call, they get let out, sent to the hospital for an eval, then my clinic. Its called a TRUMP card for a reason bootlicker.

Thanks mate.

>patients
Good luck defending fabricated charges. You have no idea how to use the police in your favor, and that's understandable because you're a junkie.

Let the big boys handle their business, I pay taxes so that the police serve me. Serving me in the sense that they're going to savagely maim or kill some useless shitbird who was useless from the getgo.

>right wing death squads exist for a reason, copblocker

Junkie addiction medicine doctor? Doesnt seem like a good business model. Dont worry, i go through the sheriff so the cousin fuckin pd cant do shit. I love hearing them get all pissed off and bend to my every whim. Helps I've known the sheriff and his deputy younger brother for almost 30 years.

So that explains it. You're from some cousin fucking town who knows everyone.

Come to the city and you can expect to be thrown into an actual criminal justice facility.

We don't play games like you bumfuck inbred rednecks. Another reason why I love fucking you heroin users over. You're a disgrace to white people.

>implying all law enforcement agencies take after your 20 man departments
KEK

Theres 300,000 people in my city. Try again. All pd's are cousin fuckers.

Yeah, but they don't keep doing that forever until they're homeless.

that's a really small bumfuck city. You're probably from some shit hole Oklahoma city or Iowa.

Look at this nigger "muh dicking" with his city size.

Aaand your argument is invalid. Rest well, hope your mother gets the treatment she needs.

If she wont stop sucking off the dealer you want to kill, try buying it for her.

The only thing addicts deserve is an extra-judicial killing squad.

i dont think you are very smart...its showing user cover your shame

you know that you can be faggot at any age. iv drug user cannot cold turkey dumb ass.