Ex-mormon here

I am lost. I believe in Christianity to some extent... What religions should I check out next?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Members_Church_of_God_International
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer
catholic.com/tracts/problems-with-the-book-of-mormon
catholic.com/documents/pillar-of-fire-pillar-of-truth
relevantradio.streamguys.us/DM Archive/DM20150826b.mp3
allsaintsministry.org/Home.html
youtube.com/watch?v=7L8rcgP_jJY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Orthodox Christianity. Mormonism is a twisted and corrupted mimicry of Christianity. Please don't let Mormonism ruin the faith for you. You are loved.

I feel so betrayed though after learning that Joseph Smith scammed people and his apostles. Why couldn't have Jesus just done the same thing?

jesus was a kike that liked to trick people. the romans finally had enough of his shit and had him killed.

westboro

Non-denominational Christianity is best Christianity. No bullshit: just exactly what the Bible says in the Old and New Testaments (and no weird ass interpretations of it either).

Go Southern Baptist, mate.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Members_Church_of_God_International

Islam

Proof?

Hitler as the fifth prophet.

You should leave religion altogether.
Search deep down inside your heart, you know I'm right.

>What religions should I check out next?
Why should you?
I've decided to check the Sup Forums's meme about finding a girl at church and went to one.
The very first thing I've seen there was a banner with something like "God doesn't tolerate anti-muslim bigotry" I shit you not. Yeah, I've seen maybe 3-5 cuties out of a couple hundred people inside but they all were too young for me and with the family so whatever.
The most surprising thing for me in church was the people. They all looked like close-minded sheep who can't figure out life by themselves. I could feel absence of testosterone in the air, it was just pathetic.

So I'd like to repeat my question and ask why do you even need a religion in your life?

Why does Sup Forums never talk about reincarnation?'

>Dharmic religions predate Abrahamic religions by thousands of years
>There are reports of people who were murdered remembering their past life and leading the police to their murderer

What sect was it?

Fuck off Pahjeet

Presbyterian Church

Protestantism is cucked
hear Eastern Rrthodoxis good

Catholicism
>New convert in Utah

orthodox

The Year Without A Summer:
"The year 1816 is known as the Year Without a Summer (also the Poverty Year, the Summer that Never Was, Year There Was No Summer, and Eighteen Hundred and Froze to Death)[1] because of severe climate abnormalities that caused average global temperatures to decrease by 0.4–0.7 °C (0.7–1.3 °F).[2] This resulted in major food shortages across the Northern Hemisphere."

Causes
"The aberrations are now generally thought to have occurred because of the April 5–15, 1815, Mount Tambora volcanic eruption[20][21] on the island of Sumbawa, Indonesia"

"Vermont alone experienced a decrease in population of between 10,000 and 15,000, erasing seven previous years of population growth.[6] Among those who left Vermont were the family of Joseph Smith, who moved from Norwich, Vermont (though he was born in Sharon, Vermont) to Palmyra, New York.[29] This move precipitated the series of events that culminated in the publication of the Book of Mormon and the founding of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."

"In June 1816, "incessant rainfall" during that "wet, ungenial summer" forced Mary Shelley, John William Polidori, and their friends to stay indoors at Villa Diodati overlooking Lake Geneva for much of their Swiss holiday.[28][30][31] They decided to have a contest to see who could write the scariest story, leading Shelley to write Frankenstein, or The Modern Prometheus and Lord Byron to write "A Fragment", which Polidori later used as inspiration for The Vampyre[32] — a precursor to Dracula."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer

user, the case for the Catholic Church makes a lot of sense.

In brief, contrary to Mormon teaching but consistent with Christ's promises, the Church *didn't* fail, as discussed at greater length here: catholic.com/tracts/problems-with-the-book-of-mormon

The case for the Catholic Church is laid out concisely and accurately here: catholic.com/documents/pillar-of-fire-pillar-of-truth

That case, in a nutshell:

>Only the Catholic Church existed in the tenth century, in the fifth century, and in the first century, faithfully teaching the doctrines given by Christ to the apostles, omitting nothing. The line of popes can be traced back, in unbroken succession, to Peter himself. This is unequaled by any institution in history.

>The Catholic Church has existed for nearly 2,000 years, despite constant opposition from the world.

>This is testimony to the Church’s divine origin. It must be more than a merely human organization, especially considering that its human members— even some of its leaders—have been unwise, corrupt, or prone to heresy.

>Any merely human organization with such members would have collapsed early on. The Catholic Church is today the most vigorous church in the world (and the largest, with a billion members: one sixth of the human race), and that is testimony not to the cleverness of the Church’s leaders, but to the protection of the Holy Spirit.

>catholic.com/documents/pillar-of-fire-pillar-of-truth

Protestantism is cucked
Catholicism has a few good churchs
Eastern orthodox is better then the rest

zen buddhism. as practiced in America. Vedanta. modern Sufism a la Inayat Khan. advaita hinduism. Gnosticism. aldous huxley and the Perennial Philosophy. shamanism. Rudolf Steiner's Anthroposophy. all these are relatively unburdened by dogma and ritual, and are closer to the truth. ALL OF THEM ARE FINGERS POINTING AT THE MOON, INCLUDING ALL CHRISTIANITY. try to see the moon, not the finger.

I'm slav myself and quite familiar with that religion. It is super close to politics and its followers are pretty dumb as well.

Ex MORON?
you should try to become next mentally chalenged scientolog

THat bad? how so?

The only new converts in Utah are the Somalis who the Catholic church keeps importing to the city like they were going out of style. Are you a Somali? I can already tell by your falling for the "MikeRoll" meme and then forgetting to clear out your name field before moving on to other threads that you're stupid as rocks.

In all honesty, and this is not a joke, look into Islam and visit a mosque. PLEASE approach with an open mind, at least give it a shot without unconditionally resorting to ridicule. Trust me the way things are headed this will be the only piece of red pill left on earth in the future.

>went to one.

Seriously, christian denominations are different from each other. And individual churches have their own personality and vastly different congregations.
You're the blind guy who touched an elephant's tail and decided elephants are like bristly snakes.

not religious, but I go to a PCA presbyterian church because the wife goes, and that's the tradeoff I made for a family-oriented woman of wife material. There are two vastly different Presybterian denominations. The PCUSA accepts abortion and homosexual marriage. The PCA says both are sins. That's a huge difference in just Presbyterians! The PCA has been one of the fastest growing denominations in the United States, supposedly because they want to get back to traditional church teachings.

Oh shit, I forgot, thanks for reminding me.

Nope, pure bread European, grandparents fought in both world wars and I'm going to enlist very soon.

Haven't seen any Somalis in Southern Utah though, maybe a few blacks but rare.

Jack Mormon here. They tried to cuck you. You're suffering from a post-propaganda haze. Think of how mysterious the church leadership actually is, and how wealthy it is. They almost got a mormon in the white house. First things first, listen to Mein Kampf audio book. Set your course from there, Brother.

I just love having a child molester as a prophet

Go Catholic. Literally, you're a Western man. Atheism is barbarian anti-intellectualism, and is completely irrational. Christ is the one true God, and you ought to just come home to the Church, because the Catholic Church is the ultimate source of spirituality for any European man. You need not believe in Marxist faggot Francis either. Traditional Catholicism is the ultimate red pill.

Seig Heil!

>try to see the moon

user, why not try to see that which *illuminates* the moon -- the light of the world.

>how so?
I'm not sure how it's in America, but in EE it is very close to the government and basically acts like a second hand of the ruling elite. Which is pretty close to all original religions where the church/temple was a way to keep people out of thoughts they should not have and just obey their management.

Other than that, it's not that much different from classic Christianity. The biggest different is the architecture, rituals, some other holidays and saints but that's about it.

No religion is absolutely necessary. You see the conditions by which people become enlightened depend SO much on environment, and those conditions are, unfortunately, not organic. Hence religion, though yes it controls people to a certain extent, acts to set up society so as to shape such individuals.

Doesn't matter just be a good person.

Orthodox fucking sucks. It's 2016 and the patriarch still says that "you are god's slave, prepare to be poor as it's the part of our "culture"", while having a fucking helicopter and personal bank. At this point, it's not even a religion, it's a circlejerk.

Do you really think I care about those differences in sects? Whatever fairy tales people believe in, it's still unreal and ersatz version of morale system you should acquire yourself trough the trial of life experience.

Sounds like shit

Satanism... lol

.... All jokes aside this idea actually has some interesting things to it. Learning about what the Satanists believe and do will teach you which Christian denominations are true and what's bs.

Here's a satanist that converted to Christianity through an amazing miracle.
And for his conversion story, ff to 30 mins in: relevantradio.streamguys.us/DM Archive/DM20150826b.mp3

And his site:
allsaintsministry.org/Home.html

find an IFCA fundamentalist church.

You could try no religion. It sounds like you're there already (like how nobody converts to atheism, they just realize after a while that they are an atheist and have been for some time) and just want something to label yourself.

Op. You know the church is true. Look for the answers. I was once where you now are (roughly), and it gets better if you focus on the spirit :)

>prepare to be poor as it's the part of our "culture"
Being poor, obedient and cuck is the part of Christianity in general. Orthodox version of it is just the most conservative.

here we go again....

>Orthodoxy is bad because of the Patriarch and thats it
stop being retarded, the Ieaders of every sect of Christianity are either cucks are pricks, you just gotta focus on the message.
Orthodoxy is as weird and fucked as CathoIicism, and the rest of them are cucked, so Eastern Orthodox is best.

Whats that?

Orthodoxy
True, but good relative to Christ's teaching and acceptance of Christ as your Lord and Savior.

isn't as weird and fucked*

Not really religion but Taoism is the closest thing to objective truth there is.

so main streem Christianity is fucked

> (OP)
>You should leave religion altogether.
>Search deep down inside your heart, you know I'm right.
Texas atheists represent

Yes. Best one out there just don't go Westborough style. Try atlanta southern baptist

false, get cucked in hell son

Do not join the catholic church they practice idolatry and are filled with corruption and evil.
Look into Protestantism in particular reformed theology. Read about men like John Knox and John Calvin. Also buy a King James Version Bible. DO NOT BUY ANY OTHER VERSION AS THEY ARE NOT ACCURATE

This.
/thread

Dis getting interesting

>Atheism is barbarian anti-intellectualism
I thought barbarians were pagans

>What religions should I check out next?
Just read the bible, bro. Pray for guidance.

God bless.

>King James version
>leaving the Tetragrammaton untranslated and replaced with mere titles such as "God" and "Lord"
>like almost every other Bible translation out there
close but no cigar

Uh oh heretic detected
.Exodus 34:14
Stop treating Mary as if she is some God it makes God angry.
youtube.com/watch?v=7L8rcgP_jJY

Thats a good start

Wow how did I not see it before, your well rounded argument has converted me, as if god came and spoke to me through you. What a day

Get out leaf!

Read the Quran, brother.

Not easy to read such an unorganized book

Exmormon here

It's all false. Yes Jesus too

Indeed it is truly unique, but the Quran is plain to read.

>And for his conversion story, ff to 30 mins in: relevantradio.streamguys.us/DM Archive/DM20150826b.mp3

Thanks for the link -- that was good! Excellent, as a matter of fact.

There are some *amazing* stories of conversions related to the Miraculous Medal, particularly from -- OH! Just as I'm typing this, the host mentioned the story I was thinking of: Alphonse Ratisbonne. That is a great story. It's written up in an excellent book of conversion stories called "Honey from the Rock" by Roy Schoemann. Pic related.

Some holy person needs to give a Miraculous Medal to Styxenhammer666..

>open quran
>says that ants talked to humans and warned of king solomon's army approaching
>closed quran

Too much beauty for one day.

Islam it's like being a Mormon but you get to have more than one wife, not like how Mormons got chucked by us government. Also you get to kill people

Maybe stay away from religion for a while. Look into more universal spirituality, energy, qigong/chi kung, and connect to yourself, and yourself to the universe.

Atheistic Christianity. Appreciating the tenets of Christianity without any of the superstition.

Here's the story of Ratisbonne.

He went from being a banker, and heir to a large fortune, to becoming a priest and living in poverty for the rest of his life -- the next 30 years -- following his remarkable conversion.

Religion is just a tool to control sheeple. If you are here you don't need religion.

Why do you need religion? I find it exhilarating that there's probably no god. My life is only in my own hands. I think this scares a lot of religious folk because they've been dependent on an ideology for so long. You're you own man, seize life and manipulate reality for your own gain.

Disgusting. You should leave Texas, and stop living in a state that is one of the most religious ones, why not move to California, Oregon, or Washington? You can contribute towards the downfall of civilization in those states the fastest.

>let me just browse through religions to pick one
Americans believe they believe in a god, but then do shit like this.
What the fuck is wrong with you people?

That's an assumption on your behalf, the same thing could be said about anti-theists and atheists that are tying to seem intelligent and are scared of giving up their "intellectual" skepticism.

This. Nearly became full member of church if Satan but held off.

People should read the satanic Bible, it was revolutionary for its time the 60s.
Ideologies are for the weak. Jesus was a cucked pussy. Turn the other cheek? Kek

Anton Lavey was a smart man.

Ave satanas

Most "satanic" people are atheist, most of those people use it as way of mocking religions, similar to FSM.

Cultural Christianity would still make you an atheist. You are the parallel of people that identify as Jewish whilst not believing in the thing responsible for the existence of what they are "appreciating"

Not true. The difference is you make claims that are unknowable and unfalsifiable. I reject those claims. I don't put forward any of my own. There's hard atheism and soft atheism. Also don't generalise. I don't do things to sound intelligent thank you.

Yes that's true. Devil worship is not satanism. Too many confuse this. I'm atheist and like the existential message of church of Satan.

Yes it's true, you made an assumption in regards to what you think scares religious people.

Also, atheism isn't a neutral stance since it still asserts a position, the most logical position would be agnosticism. Literally every atheistic philosophical view would be counterintuitive towards the notion that atheism is the correct position, mostly because of the fact that those views would be reinforcing a share of ideologies amongst atheists.

If you are apatheistic or agnostic, then the whole debacle over theism v. atheism will most of the time make no difference.

Hasn't that got to do with the fact that (LaVey) Satanism is all about oneself? It's not a worshipping of the biblical Satan (which would be retarded, as one who acknowledges his existence would also acknowledge the existence of God - and thus siding with the losing team. No one wants to spend eternity in Hell, lol)

I was generalizing to mock what you were doing, reading comprehension skills do not seem like your type of thing.

How is that a virtue though? I never understood why the masochistic nature of Christianity. It seems as if it's all done to get brownie points with God.

Fuck god, he made humans to be slaves it would seem. God is evil.

I love how I see so many christies on fb praying for the people in Aleppo. "May God save them! His live will save them!' the same gid who let it happen in the first place? Christfags are so cucked it's untrue

Buddhism. Try Zen, there's a lot less flowery bullshit. No lamas, just niggas.

Exactly what it's about. Hyperindividualism. "Don't waste time on ingrates". It's truly Antichrist but that's a good thing. Christianity is a cult for slaves.

Based of off what I personally know about Satanism, that is one of the main components of satanism to most people practicing the religion, but there is a minority that believes in the biblical interpretation of Satan, along with acknowledging the consequences or rewards (according to some satanic people) that will supposedly await them.

Swallow the true redpill and embrace Deism. Dabble with Hinduism/Buddhism and begin to study stoicism and Confucianism.

It's not an assumption, I know it scares many, I didn't say all.

I just said there's a difference between hard and soft atheism. Soft atheism is agnostic. Atheism is neutral if were talking about sift atheism. I don't understand what you're getting at. I'm typing on a shitty small phone so may have missed some if yiur points

I am too far into the "work hard get money spend money buy more money" mode right now to get into Zen.

Looking at Calvinism.

Hyperindividualism is just true capitalism.
Then those people are genuinely fucking retarded...
>Sign up in satan's army! When he's defeated you too get to burn in Hell for eternity
People who believe in this, yet still deny Jesus. What the fuck? What the actual fuck?

It depends on the sect, most will preach against seeing God as some sort of get-out-of-hell card where you can simply do good deeds, or be forgiven and sin once more. There is also a scripture, which I believe it was written by Paul (might be someone else), that is used by some sects of Christianity to preach against said thing. Basically it varies.