I just saw Rogue One last night and it was a pretty enjoyable action movie with more memorable characters than the...

I just saw Rogue One last night and it was a pretty enjoyable action movie with more memorable characters than the prequel trilogy. Out of curiousity, why exactly was the alt-right all pissed off about this film?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=NNrK7xVG3PM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

there was a brown person in it and that really triggered some feelings from the many emotional children that stink up this place.

Why would you think anyone would care?

I just watched it.
It was much better than TFA.
The blind ching chong was a bit much in my opinion, and I can see that they are really pushing the the film for the chink markets.
All in all, breddy good.

what I don't understand is that if the Empire has finally brought order into the galaxy, those SJW cuck degenerates want to ruin it everything. I mean what's the logic in destroying what's good?
...oh wait, there is no logic, they just conduct their sabotage for sport, just like in real life.

It was aight. Kinda lost at first.
And of course the empire was portrayed as all white, evil, old men with blue eyes. But besides that I didn't notice any SJW tier stuff. Other than the diversity of the main characters

>the alt right

Because ot didn't promote alternate right to abort infant ideology :^)

Because people on Sup Forums get ass-blasted any time white men are not represented occupying all prominent roles. Without realizing their hypocrisy when they condemn liberals for getting ass-blasted when prominent roles are occupied only by white men.

Mostly because people on Sup Forums, like all reactionaries whether liberal or conservative, are simple-minded, ignorant little creatures incapable of seeing beyond their own narrow points of view.

Not enough Jews

If you want a real response, the writers of the movie literally said that the Empire was a white supremacist organization (a lie), the they were anti-Trump and the movie is too, and most of the marketing for the film was about how it starred non-white people.

In reality, the movie has nothing to do with Trump. They just think minorities being in a film makes it "anti-Trump." All they managed to do was piss people off and drive away ticket sales.

It was a good movie, although it had its retaded scenes like pic related.

The KOTOR hammerhead made me chuckle though

>why did our made up controversy not generate any hype?

What did you pay? I'm not going because the last movie date I went on was $50 and then she spent an hour complaining.

One of the writers made this tweet, then deleted it. You can go to his account, and see him referencing deleting it, but the tweet is gone.
> hint, when any moron is mad at something they start rumours here. Boycott Pepsi, etc.

There is no such thing as the alt right. Jews invented that title.

these people brag about being anti-white
anyone who gives money to people that hate you is fucking retarded

>enjoyable action movie with more memorable characters than the prequel trilogy
Better written, I don't know.
But more memorable? Hell no. At least people hate Jar Jar and laugh with Spinning Sheev. RO team is just a bunch of tropes.

This right here. They should have kept the politics out of it.

On top of that the marketing was pretty poor for a Star Wars movie (which isn't a complaint from me). Part of the reason I didn't see Episode 7 in theaters was out of spite of all the marketing being shoved in my face everywhere I went. Even the roadway signs in my city had Star Wars references. I'm doing the same for this, mostly because I'm indifferent to the movie. If my family sees it I'll join. Otherwise I'll just wait till it's ready to rent.

I'll take ching-chong pushing over nig-nog pushing (like with the TFA) any day of the year

I didn't like it because disney keeps fucking with decent canon.

As faggy as the advertising was, I will say this is the first time they portray Darth Vader as the unstoppable executioner he is.

Movie 6/10
Ending Vader scene 10/10

>All they managed to do was piss people off and drive away ticket sales.
Hahahaha.

You understand that the vast majority of people who share your opinions cannot afford to go to movies, and that people who share your opinions getting butt-hurt helps sales, right? And that, as of this morning, it's on its way towards being the 4th-highest grossing movie of all time?

Wow it must be doing really bad if this level of shilling is needed LOL

Rey and Jyn are threats because when you can't get laid and you see a strong woman achieving things on her own, it shatters the last hope: that a woman will lower her standards to be with you because she needs caregiver

Checked, verified, and noticed.
Trips of truth.

Because the bad guys are all white men and the good guys are a white girl surrounded by dark men. It's hilariously transparent, m8.

>My paranoia has reached the point that I now think Sup Forums is the target of pro-Disney marketing campaigns
You understand that the only shilling that's ever really happened, on Sup Forums, is from Stormfront. Don't you?

Said ching chong is Donnie Yen, who's a pretty nice martial artist. Watch SPL Killzone to see more of him.

I'll bite anyway

>You understand that the vast majority of people who share your opinions cannot afford to go to movies
Movie tickets cost like $5-$7

>people who share your opinions getting butt-hurt helps sales, right?
Quite the opposite if you look at Pepsi, Twitter, multiple gaming companies, every mainstream media outlet, and Ghostbusters.

>And that, as of this morning, it's on its way towards being the 4th-highest grossing movie of all time?
You cannot judge by the opening week since movies always fall hard in the following weeks. The fact that a Star Wars movie didn't make twice its budget in the opening weekend is shockingly bad.

Because the writer has literally said that the Empire is a "white supremacist" that gets defeated by a "multicultural team"

It's the Star Wars wet dream of SJW's

>so retarded he doesn't realize marketers have been shilling on Sup Forums for years

>what I don't understand is that if the Empire has finally brought order into the galaxy, those SJW cuck degenerates want to ruin it everything. I mean what's the logic in destroying what's good?

>...oh wait, there is no logic, they just conduct their sabotage for sport, just like in real life.

congratulations, you have finally begun to wake up and realize the true nature of these disgusting creatures: they are a despicable cocktail of arrogance, sociopathy and racism.

Also, they should have used this chance to show obi wan vs Darth Krayt. Every movie that comes out that isn't the beginning of a Darth Krayt trilogy makes me hate disney

End Vader scene was indeed 10/10. Fucking brutal

The Empire literally blew up a PLANET just to test a weapon. How is that "order?"

Not that guy, but movie tickets are around 12 bucks now. 30 if you want a small popcorn.

In the expanded universe (before disney ruined it) the Empire wanted to protect against the Yuuzhan Vong (basically Tyranids except shit) but the rebels got pissy over something

Before:
>One token black character in a movie
>He dies first
Now:
>Full on SJW cast
>Every single one of them dies

I'm okay with this.

Disney seeded fake rumors about the reshoots that they were already doing anyway in order to get the alt-right to boycott the movie, and thus drum up even more publicity and ticket sales.

i was referring to the nature of "SJW". i didn't intend to make it sound like i thought the empire was right.

I don't think anyone was angry, I was mildly annoyed at the writer for trying to bait people with his revisionist nonsense bullshit.

I thought it was a perfectly good movie too, but it bothers me when minor staff on a film production go out of their way to politicize a film.

What I dislike more is when members of my own faction try to set up some half-assed "boycott" which then fails because Star Wars prints money.

Now Salon and Being Liberal are going to print endless smug articles about how they beat da ebil alt-white and how the culture war is still going their way because they were unable to sink the Star Wars franchise.

I'm glad you enjoyed the film. Fuck what these haters think

Did your wife's son enjoy it as well?

Girls can't lead in real life.

They have specificially said its an anti white movie.

Pretty silly considering the lead is white.If I was a non white person seeing this movie that would be pretty stupid.

Anyway the real reason that no one should watch this movie is that its a globalist american piece of shit and all the money goes straight to jews who are a type of European.

i saw the movie like 2 hours ago and i can't remember a single characters name.

The movie was also fucking terrible. The only parts worth watching are the last 10 minutes

no one was pissed

just fake news telling you that they were...

Any news source coming from a major corp is always going to be fake.

PERIOD

That's not true. In this movie white people rule the galaxy. You'd think we'd be happy about it but we aren't, because we don't believe we rule the world. We just want white countries to prioritize white peoples and we are happy when other countries of different ethnic origins do the same for their people, while also not meddling in the affairs of other countries. You're the one who is a hypocrite, and you are just plain fucking stupid. Edgy faggot

Cons:

> magical blind Asian
> cameos everywhere
> still too many plotholes

Pros:

> Vader going totally sickhouse on rebel scum while they shit themselves in terror
> breddy good ground combat
> better space combat

Solid 6.5/10

No. It's when the obvious push of left agenda is there for all to see. Just cuz a black person or female is in a movie doesn't mean we automatically hate it. I haven't seen RO yet so no comment

>Anonymous (ID: hI8I5NZU) 12/18/16(Sun)14:29:59 No.103436
People got mad because the director said the Empire was white supremacist and that the OT is about a multicultural group defeating white supremacists.

Somehow, people didn't realize how, regardless of political views, this is an accurate statement, to a degree. While the Empire is not cannoically all-white, they are meant to be nazis and it's painfully obvious. The rebellion is made of many species and the only place where non-white people are seen in the films (that is different in the EU). This is America in the 70s and they don't like Nazis. Nazis were and still are the universal, do-anything-you-want-to-them villain. The Empire is meant to be nazis and, for some reason, no one liked a guy pointing it out.

The movie was okay. I felt the first arcs were weak and I was honestly disappointed overall. It was a WW2 movie and, in that regard, it was good, but I wanted Star Wars.

I work for a PR company that does show launches / season launches for entertainment brands.

Not sure when this happened, but at least from the start of last year communication briefs had a "how to handle the trolls" section.

Not every show has it. If it involves SJW stuff or if it leads with edgy-progressive-liberal ideas we'll usually get a troll brief where we're supposed to come up with ideas about to handle trolls.

The Star Wars threads smell troll handling.

If there are other PRfags in here, back me up.

Sounds like i can enjoy that at home without funding zog.

>$5.75 matinee
>$12.00 IMAX
Who could ever possibly afford such an extravagant evening

The planet was full of sjws it was justified

The planet was full of racist white people.

> the only part worth watching is Vader

I like that they made Vader actually scary for once. Spinning Sheev and Emo Ren were shit. But Vader just ripping the shit out of a hallway full of Rebels like he was making a meat topiary? Oh, fuck yes.

Goddamn, pinning the guy to the ceiling, walking under him and casually gutting him in passing was literally worth the price of admission.

Alt right is a boogeyman term to categorize anyone with non PC views. It's not real.

All the hero characters die in the end.

With that spoiled, for you, I'll go ahead and say that the entire movie is shit except for some parts of the final battle, and please fuck my anus the best scene being Darth Vader's scene where he rampaged the ship.

>zog
lol, It was pretty shit honestly, better than 7, granted but none of the characters were memorable, the most emotional connection I had was to the robot.

It's largely ok, the problem was the fucking directors and producers shitting up twitter with
>THE EMPIRE IS WHITE SUPREMACIST
crap

Who knows if there is a conspiracy but its fun to pretend there is.

Fuck star wars.

This. They are stupid fucks. That stuff is not acceptable, red pill or no red pill.

You can bully WHITE MALES far too much because we are the lubricant of the west. Even if its fake outrage we do need to push back just a little.

Honestly it was a top 3 Star Wars for me, easily better than episodes 1,2, and 3

What is CTR

>with more memorable characters than the prequel trilogy

JHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA
HAH
AHA
HA
H
JAJH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I CAN'T BREATH

1/10 made me reply to this shit

The black trooper was funny a hell!

>someone has to cross the field under fire and activate the gizmo or everything is fucked
>sgt. black: "I'll do it!"
>starts to step from cover and gets domed before his foot hits the ground

You know, say what you will about the prequel trilogy, but the clone wars was an infinitely better setting than the empire era. I wish they would go in a different direction than to keep showing death stars.

Just saw it last night and I literally can't remember any of the names of the new characters.

(((Star Wars)))

What difference does it make? They're all dead. Every new character that got a name and more than 30 seconds of screen time was killed off by the time the dust settled.

The writers tried to politicize the movie

Meanwhile I´m waiting for this:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=NNrK7xVG3PM

> Jyn Erso
> Gyn Estro
> ESTROGEN

>I just saw Rogue One last night and it was a pretty enjoyable action movie with more memorable characters than the prequel trilogy. Out of curiousity, why exactly was the alt-right all pissed off about this film?

Non existent alt-right is not boycotting it.
Disney is facing left wing boycott because of Disney's union busting practices.

>Out of curiousity, why exactly was the alt-right all pissed off about this film?

Because some producer or writer or someone basically admitted sjw social engineering infected the writing.

>No grand admiral thrawn

I'm pissed user. I'm pissed. He even fits with the Sjw narrative because he's an alien leading the armies of the empire.

He's canon now because of star wars rebels. He wears white, and he looks like an evil fuck. Come on.

The problem is forced diversity for diversity sake.

This. The tweets by that nate guy fucked it up. TFA was pure crap, but this was better. Still nothing great though.

...There are so many things wrong with that.

Oh look. Its cuckchan's hourly Disney commercial.
You're all retarded. Congratulations.

Nope. It's the obvious propaganda.

Propaganda is always a reason to hate something. Propaganda is an insult. Propaganda alleges that you are gullible and dumb enough to not ask questions. For example, the question if it isn't kinda weird that all the main characters are first world minorities except for the protagonist who is a woman. When there are countless other movies and now games that do the same thing.

Night time Sup Forums is pretty awful, 40%-ican posters are by far the worst.

What kind of fucktard buys the popcorn

If you're too fat and gluttinous to avoid eating for 2 hours then you deserve poverty

>my faction

Back to TRS with you

> You understand that the vast majority of people who share your opinions cannot afford to go to movies

t. Suburban white liberal who's never left his state

IF you still care enough about star wars enough and go watch it with all the other normie shits when movies are basically designed to be for children then I think you are a consumerist scum and the reason why companies like Disney further pushes their agendas and making rich jews even richer

That looks terrible.

What kind of white supremacist organization kills its own people as casually as in this movie?

I'm fine with the Empire being ruthless, but here they were just comically evil for the sake of being evil.

It was a joke about prices at the concession stand.

Next thing you'll say is that jar jar was a bad character.

Fuck off watto, space jew.

>$5 movie tickets

Nigga where the fuck you live?

Saw the film last night. Whoever recorded that webm was using a using a '90s era camera phone, that had been re-soldered onto the board, through a telescope, from the other side of a fog bank.

So the problem is too many minorities and women characters.

It was manufactured controversy.

No it doesn't.

The problem is propaganda.

Not the quality, just the scene and what happens. Looks like something is missing, are they disabled?

It wasn't, left-wing media just says "wow the alt-right is so mad about this!!!" to get libtards to go watch their shit lol

this

This just reeks of a shill post

If you mean the first ISD, yes. Multiple waves of fighters dropped the shield generators, and the Y-Wings ion torpedoed it. If not familiar with ion torps, in SW they are used to disrupt ships by downing their power systems. In ESB, the rebels on Hoth used a planetary ion cannon to disable an ISD so their ships could escape past it.

There are countless wonderful reasons to live in the flyover states. Cheap movie tickets are one of them. I used to work in a theater with $2 Matinee showings back when they had real film and real projectors.