He doesn't own land

>he doesn't own land

Friendly reminder that if you don't own land, you're about as cucked as can be.

Enjoy your complete dependence on (((the grid))) for literally anything you need.

I have a spring on my property, more than enough wood to heat myself in winter, and enough space to plant a garden that could produce all the vegetables I'd ever want.
Add a few rabbits and chicken for protein and I pretty much have everything I could need.

Land is cheap. Why don't you have any?

Explain yourself.

Other urls found in this thread:

thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/energy-environment/246408-the-epas-big-land-grab
hksassoc.com/listing/4611820/691-hurd-pond-road-unity-nh-03773/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm poor and saving up to buy land. This takes time.

Well, at least you're getting there.

What I don't understand is people who don't even consider it.

Which state are you in?

btw it's not like I'm rich either.

Git about 3/4 of an acre, what you got pasta user?

Also
>cheap land
It's not cheap unless it's shit land.

I live in Florida currently, though most of my family lives in Montana so I've considered purchasing land there.

holy shit, you own a little piece of forest! Must have cost you at least 600 bucks! Good job, lad....

I really need to.

It would be nice to have my own shooting range and hunting grounds

Land is only going to get more expensive as time goes on

My family owns a patch of wood in northern quebec, Saw mills are opening again, So we're wondering if we should lease the wood or build some "Mini cabins" such as Pic related

Any opinion, Lord of the lands?

Saving up now

rare

>i have a rich daddy:the post
Fuck off faggot. Not every can afford to own land
T.salty 20y old uni student

About 3 acres.

It's not flat whatsoever, but there is basically NO flat forested land left in italy, and I wanted forest.

There's a small creek too.

>Lord of the lands

kek

Personally I'd build the cabin, but just because I like it there.

true, in 100years it will be worth a whole 2k

Saving up and hoping to buy some land to build a house on that is near or preferably abutting a piece of land my parents own.

Thanks for the tip Ted. Enjoy your Supermax.

>vegasfag
>for being a desert, land is scarce
>job pretty much relies on development, so moving to the boonies would be a poor choice for a job

welp, whatevs. ill look for a comfy govt job in two more years. hoping AZ

>my dad left leaving me with around 400€ to pay in electricity bills
>rich dad

No, I bought it all with my own hard earned cash.

How much land is it? Just a few acres or a big piece?

>living in a desert

Why?
There's tons of places you could go in the US that aren't a desert, lad

Also in Florida. Don't buy fucking land here user.

>Land is cheap. Why don't you have any?
Its pretty expensive here in the USA

Like I said, not much, especially by 'murica standards. About 3 acres.

The nice thing though is that the parcels around it have no road access, to get to them the owners would either need to ask me to use my road or parachute themselves in kek.

As a result they never use it and I've been told they were up for selling it when asked.
Will probably buy in the future when I have the money.

'cause it's legitimately cheap all around. the only real gripe i could think of is property. i dig my job

>buy land
>govt says it supervaluable
>raises taxes
>work extra to pay dirt tax
>epa says you poluted land
>lose (((your))) land

Agree OP. Would like to own some land with provisions to live fully off the grid for 1+ year at a time before I'm 40

>thinks one can own land

Lolwut, land is incredibly cheap in the US.

You can buy flat land for like 1000$ per acre...
Here slopy terrain goes for 2-3000 per acre.
Flat? you're looking at 10K at least.

Nice. I hope you enjoy it.

>epa says you poluted land
>lose (((your))) land

youll just have environmental covenant or activity use limitation

>implying you incorporated your land
>implying any government in the world cannot just take it from you
>implying might doesnt make right

And you know what "rare" means...

Well, if you enjoy it. I'd probably never live in a desert... Vacation for a few days? sure

But living in it? Nah

>>buy land
>>govt says it supervaluable

>he thinks the government can just say the land is "super valuable" without getting massive backlash

Thanks m8

Hell no, I'm not going to buy the swamp land with limestone rock underneath. Land is also expensive as fuck here.

>thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/energy-environment/246408-the-epas-big-land-grab

This could be easily accomplished with 5-10 acres.

- 5-10 Acres
- Have house built.
- Have private energy source (solar powered).
- Have a well dug (for clean/private water source).
- Build chicken coup for 20-30 chickens (for protein).
- Other acres for farming (Potatoes, Beans, etc.).

If shit ever hit the fan, one would be self sufficient having this sort of a set up.

>only have 20k to my name
gimme a bit, senpai.

Property owners are often shocked when receiving annual notices attempting to re-valuate their property because their property tax values often rise dramatically from a previous valuation (increases in value by 40% or more are not uncommon in some jurisdictions).

How much should one spend to buy a parcel of land for the sake of self sufficiency?

In Aus, it's around $450,000

>thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/energy-environment/246408-the-epas-big-land-grab
that article is clearly a criticism of the waters of the united states, which i honestly agree with them on. blame the army corps of engineers, has nothing to do with contamination or impacted soil/water

Don't forget: barbed wire, mines, guns, ammo, guard towers (if shit hits the fan).

You can never own land. Owning land is an arbitrary, man-made social construct. Disprove this.

20K is enough to get at least 10-15 acres user

Depends in how many people you are, but I don't think you need THAT much actually.
In my woods I have enough wood that came down just from storm damage that I can probably heat for 5 years without felling any of the living trees.

>mfw it's gonna take me forever to clean it up

I spent the whole day chainsawing yesterday and only cleaned up a tiny patch.

Do you want some beads for your land?

they are/were literally giving away land for free in the yukon if you were willing to build a farm there. You had to be a yukon citizen for a year or so though.
thats what i want to do though, get some land and have cattle, sheep, and veggies.

You can get good land in the US cheap compared to what it would be in Europe, I'm sure. But the 1,000 dollar an acre land you speak of is almost always crap land. Very unfertile and whatnot

>pic describes his own post

You don't own any land. Stop paying the taxes on it and see what happens so to you

There's no such thing as property re-evaluations in Italy.

When registered values are reset it's done nation-wide by law.

The only way your property value can change is if you tear down or build something on it, for which you need to file a request to the competent office.

Everything is.
Not an argument.

the last of our homestead act was actually valid up until just a few years ago. no one homesteaded really rural alaskan land for over 150 years

It's only a social construct if you're a cuck that doesn't enforce his property boundaries.

I hope you have weapons to kill trespassing economic migrants.

Depends on how much land you think you need.

If it's 10 acres like the other user suggested, you can probably get away with 70-80K.

I paid my land 20K for 3 acres and it's got a house on it too.

The issue is that it's difficult to find big parcels here in Italy, the land is divided into very small lots that are usually owned by several different people.

Well, I'll take your word for it. I haven't researched it all that much desu senpai

Is that true, fellow leaf? Please find me a source.

That's my dream.

My lot is literally the last one at the end of a very long, narrow and winding road, in the outskirts of a village of 2000 people.

>not many migrants there

Best place in the US to buy land?

Alaska.

Yeah, sometimes you see large acreage for sale for about 1,000 an acre, but it's usually only useful for grazing. You need a lot of land to be able to ranch effectively, so you couldn't really do much with only a few acres of that sort of land.

>too poor for afford land
>parents have been looking to retire on land
>every time they see a place they wait too long and the place gets sold
>always looking for land
>Dad finally got a deer lease
Well, I suppose that's a start. I just hate having indecisive parents.

I wouldn't say there is a BEST place. Depends upon your needs, preferences, want, and concerns.

>buy land
>nothing grows on it

I'd say Oregon or Washington would be better. Not as cold.

id imagine you leafs have a version of our homestead act.

Well, if you're living in the US, you don't actually own anything.

All of your possessions including land are a privilege extended to you by the US Government.

At any time all of your possessions can be siezed and infact, your very being is not owned by you, as you can be imprisoned indefinitely without trial.

So I really find it hard to see the point.

Besides, there is a lot of evidence that the government will purposely harass and attack you if you go off grid and become self-sufficient.

this

property taxes are beyond evil

>tfw saving to buy land

it's fucking cheap where I live too, so it's just a matter of where I want to finally settle

I'm not sure, though. I'd love to find out more.

Stay the fuck out of the Pacific Northwest

Signing the papers tomorrow on 2.5 acres. Within a year I hope to have my earth sheltered house built.

>earth sheltered house
does that mean a literal hole in the ground?

>Relevant thread

I have been doing research on this and looking at doing this one day. I already live in Colorado so now looking around for land, the problem I have come up with is thinking I need more land than what I'm comfortable with, I'm looking at it like 40+ acres is what I want but that is prime realestate and I would be looking at 60k+ for areas like this. Might have to settle for like 10acres

I own 320 acres of forested mountain land in Montana. It even has a unabomber shack on it. Am I good?

>40 acres

enjoy literally everyone trespassing and eventually finding dead bodies on your property

Former Vegasfag here. Buy some land near Kingman, Az. It's still relatively cheap, and close enough to Vegas that you can come here on the weekends.

think, hobbit hole

yeah, thats what i was thinking of

OP is right, and to add on to OP's statement
If your parents didn't acquire as much land as possible throughout their lifetime and then leave a fair share to you upon their death then you are officially from a fucking cucked household.

If you weren't raised from birth to understand how to properly own, operate and make a profit from land then you need to be removed from the gene pool.

Nope. Look up earthbag construction.

Why?

Sasquatch

I'm working just so that I can own a comfy AF piece of land like
hksassoc.com/listing/4611820/691-hurd-pond-road-unity-nh-03773/

It hurts having to live on a 100sq ft room slaving away just to make ends meet. Soon I'll graduate tho and I'll make it...
We're all gonna make it

produce cuck sheds
canada will require them for trudeau

>Land is cheap
No where is land cheap.

You don't own land, you rent it from the state. Try not paying your taxes and see what happens.

I am so impressed!
Please fuck my girlfriend!!!

looks comfy af indeed

Well, OP here and actually I wasn't taught any of that at all.

It's my uncle who moved out into an extremely remote house in the middle of a forest, the closest neighbour is 1km of dirt road away.
Probably because of him that I ended up wanting a similar place.

Will you fuck off with this meme?

Everyone already knows that, stop trying to be a smart ass all the goddamn time.

whats your point?

If you know it, why don't you say it? Say you're encouraging someone to rent land from the state. When you say own, you're talking nonsense because when you ''buy'' land you also accept all the rules and regulations of the state.

We have a lot of that sort of many owner land in the southern US...mostly in black families. It's difficult to sell or buy because so many people are involved, it usually ends up benefitting no one.

And like I said, everyone already knows that.

There is literally no place left in the whole world where you can OWN the land in the way you're describing, not owing taxes or anything to anyone, so it's pointless to even bring it up.

I saw some houses like that built in south facing hillsides in Iowa. The only exposed wall is the front wall. They are extremely energy efficient.

Stupid burger
property taxes are a local government power
They try and raise the rates/reassess your property and then you go alluh ackbar their next meeting.

To live on a land you must have money to build a house and be near your work place. I have a land but it's fucking faaaar away from where I work

NH is great. Do it.

How do I make a profit off of forest land?
t. New England

What would happen? At least here absolutely nothing would happen to your land

how much space is your land ?

>Be you
>Police show up
>Arrested
>Government owns land now because fuck you.

you could sell timber and compost.