What does Sup Forums think of Rogue One?

What does Sup Forums think of Rogue One?

It was at least better than 7. The first half was mediocre but the second half was pretty decent, I actually liked the last 30 minutes or so. The movie seemed mostly apolitical.

It's good. Much better than TFA.

everybody i know says it's awesome, but then again everyone I know is a fucking faggot

Pretty good, last 30 minutes or so was rebels getting btfo

Wtf I love Star Wars now

lmao

it's true, i had nasheeds running through my head when the turban rebels turned up and started firing at stormtroopers in the middle of a packed city

I liked it and I think the movie is pretty PC, considering the Empire is almost entirely white and is cited as being a White Supremacy movement, by the director (to which many disagree).

Despite that, there will still be liberals that claim it's racist.

First off, the "terrorists" in the city are clothed to obscure their race or color. You can't tell what they are, only they are wearing baggy turban-like clothing. They are attacking with terrorist-like tactics, because they don't want the Empire in their city and they are a gang-ruled community.

So while the basic connection is there, the "good rebels" aren't all white, either. They're mixed and for him to say that makes most of what he's said false.

my kinda ending.... so i give it a 10/10

seriously, same here

down to the architecture you knew that that scene was allegorical of that

5 > 4 > 6 > 7 > 3 > 1 > R1 > 2

Not even worth torrenting

It's almost like desert planets historically had hives of scum in the franchise.
Who'd have thought????

Anyways, the movie wasn't actually bad at all. I was worried about SJW bullshit being pushed in it, but it actually wasn't that noticeable.

This. TFA was absolute garbage.

>by the director
Pretty sure it was one of the writers.

It was generic garbage with a ton of fan wank

mediocre at best

7 has a small edge coming in at a 6.5/10 Rouge One is just as much of a nostalgia trip but less interesting overall

>Jon McinTosh
He should have Anita write his reviews so it would get more attention.

>wasn't that noticeable

that is actually a negative

propaganda works best when you don't realize the media is slanted

overt attempts at subversion are usually the least effective

Rouge One was literally just a war movie with a starwars skin..

So if you like starwars and military battles scenes then this movie is for you

Like I said by the books and fan wank

lucky for me I love military movies and starwars is not so bad so this was kinda my shit tbqh...

7> 3

What the fuck?

>Writers stick safety pins on the rebel logo, drag the entire film into the anti-Trump twitter war
>Leftists still can't shut up about how racist and sexist it is
When are they going to learn not to market to a group that's constantly eating itself?

When the rebels where charging up the beach I had thoughts of beach invasions of Peleliu

wouldn't know, refuse to give money to Jewsney if i end up seeing a pirate copy ill tell you

no-one gives a shit, any outrage online is corporate marketing in an attempt to spark a surge in righteous ticket sales out of spiteful retards

7 had a couple good Solo scenes.

3 just had one or two meme scenes.

7 shoud be last not 4th buddy otherwise pretty good list

>I'll swallow garbage just because I don't know how critisism works

look something can be terrible yet enjoyable, see In the Mouth of Madness as an example, but just because you enjoy something does not qualify anything about the movie itself other than you found it enjoyable.

You need to break it apart and actually take the film on it's merits.

Also
>War movie
>0 emotional investment
>I love war movies
You are just a paid shill

this is bullshit because the terrorist rebels were easily the coolest and most memorable part of the movie, and also a much more reasonable depiction of what insurgencies are like

this entire thread is

5>4>6>3>R1>7>1>2

>giving money to Hollywood

lol

You're right. Chris Weitz. My mistake.

>7 had a couple good Solo scenes.
Like what?

7 didnt have any people's limbs flying off though.

Boring. Battles were great, but characters were bland, uninteresting and ironically, the one with most character was a droid.
Ok movie, better than TFA, but it showed very well that if they don't really step it up with writing, Star Wars material is already exhausted.

>get owned by some random girl in your own ship
>ride around in your elderly mobility scooter with your smelly friend
>your angsty teenage son stabs you to death

wew

I thought it was pretty good. That ending was pure kino.

I have no interest in Nu Wars

>6 & 7 better than 3
Are you mentally ill?

I hated that fucking droid.

The only joke I liked was when the Rebels were being captured and the blind Rebel says 'Are you serious? I'm blind!' as he was having a bag put over his head. Other than that, it was a mediocre film.

I went into it thinking its going to be blatant SJW propaganda.
I loved it. Sure, it had all of that but much less than TFA. It was better movie overall too.

Oh and visuals were beautiful. The final battle was amazing.

>mfw Forrest Whitaker's space taliban tho

5 > 4 > 6 > R1 > 3 > 7 > 1 > 2

Personally my main problem with 7 was that the cast didn't mesh

Rey was acting for the penny theatre

Finn was acting like he was on some cheap sitcom

Ford was acting... Ford did not want to be there and it came through in his delivery

Kylo was acting like he was in Episode 3 (and probably the best actor in the movie Star Wars wise)

What's his face the pilot seemed to be taking some sort of 40's detective persona

Overall just none of them fucking meshed so much so only about 3/4 of the way through it do you get over your confusion and realize that this is all really really fucking bland and not even a nod to but a complete rip off of Episode 4

Does the US military or mercs do part time shill work or what?

Is this movie particularly important from a social engineering perspective or something?

wtf i love rogue one now

I'm still waiting for a torrent to drop so I can decide why I hate this one

This is perfect.

V>III>IV>VI>VII>I>II
I haven't seen Rogue one yet.

Me too, nip

The extremist rebel faction did more to humanize empire than it did to shit on the USA by implying the USA is literally the Galactic Empire (which i guess it was supposed to do)

>judging a piece of entertainment media by anything other than its entertainment value

The Force Awakens was typical Jewish propaganda.

In Rogue One, the all-white-male Empire is portrayed as far cooler and more competent than the brown Rebel scum.

The Empire does have a non-white, ethnically ambiguous, light-skinned scientist—but it's revealed that he wasn't necessary whatsoever. And the guy is basically white, anyway.

I wouldn't recommend you give any money to Disney, but it's nowhere near as bad as TFA.

>Entertainment media
Get out here merchant. Your artless philistine ways give you away every time.

"Entertainment media" is no different than rap "music". It's just mindless bullshit that dumbs you down

>having any of the prequels in your top 4

When your enemy is critiquing and shaming (and shaping) media to fit their narrative, you'll be left behind if you don't do the same.

Honestly people injecting politics into this bullshit are ridiculous.

Yes, they have obviously gone out of their way to cast people from all sorts of backgrounds for the new star wars movies. But it doesn't really affect their characterization or role in the story.

There are far worse movies with forced political bullshit. Star wars is still more or less just star wars with vaguely nazi/british imperialist bad guys.

I don't care what you say, I love Revenge and I think Return is a pile of crap. THOSE FUCKING EWOKS REEEEEEEEEEEE

You can't satisfy a liberal, top kek.

this

glad that I went after TFA leaving a bad taste in my mouth

>Desert planet
>hurr durr yall racists they are wearing the most effective headgear in desert climates
>Extremist rebels are led by a madman, but surely they are extremists because they arent white
>lots of nonwhites and aliens in the so called good rebels

this guy is a broken macbook

>Normies talking about art direction and design in movies

What people don't understand is that everything is based on real life. If the concept artists made up some weird shit that nobody has ever seen before, it would be very difficult to suspend your sense of disbelief. These were all conscious design decisions that are in line with what is relevant in modern culture, to ground it in reality.

If you put a bunch of white people in suits in the desert, people will think that's weird as fuck. Nobody gave a shit when Lord of the Rings had Easterlings look stereotypically middle-eastern and hobbits were just a bunch of English middle class.

Were the empire in this one the dominant force in the galaxy or were they the fringe opposition again like in force awakens?

Because LotR came out during an era where people weren't so PC sensitive.

Compare LotR to the Hobbit movies and the differences are night and day.

You're missing that we live in a white man patriarchy that celebrates rape culture and racism tho.

Episode 2 is the best film, why do people hate it?

It takes place before 4 so the empire is the dominant force.

It's boring as hell.

Hope it shows. Only time you even get the tingling feeling the empire is actually in charge was in the very first two films.

Star Wars got ruined by PC faggotry. Anyone who goes to see it is a massive faggot. You can't even debate me on this it's just a fact of life

It is one of the few films that actually gives background to what is going on though

Just watched it with some friends.
Wasn't really impressed. If it didn't have the Star Wars name attached to it, I think it would've reviewed way worse.
Glad the ending turned out the way it did.

Seemed to sympathize a bit with extremist terrorists, but I couldn't tell if I thought that, or if it was the Sup Forums within me that makes everything look that way.

Cartoon Tarkin and Leia looked pretty weird.

What are yall smoking? The movie sucked, TFA was better simply for the fact that we actually get some jedi action. Think of who is alive during the rogue one timeline.. Yoda, Obi-wan, boba fette to name a few. They really missed out on the chance to play around with those characters again considering they won't have a chance to be in the new movies.

The next spin off will maybe be about one of them.

Obligatory

>Jedha
>Jeddah Saudi Arabia

Really made me think

This makes me very angry.

Good guys must be a multicultural rainbow or else raycism
Bad guys can all be white
Business as usual