Tfw can't find a job

>tfw can't find a job

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2016/10/07/lawsuit-yahoo-ceo-tried-to-get-rid-of-male-employees.html
youtube.com/watch?v=VTROCGb5qj8
youtube.com/watch?v=VTwSSTWfwuM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw had a meeting with equity partners as an investment analyst an hour after my final exam because three of my Finance professors vouched for my abilities
>2016
>white male
>can still literally walk into a career

>white males
>not hiring

That fucking sucks, why can't these white males get a job? All those women get to have jobs!

other people vouching for you isn't walking into a career you shitter

>"hiriing"

>doesn't know what networking is
Holy fuck dude.

Networking is fucking cheating. The normie system doesn't tell you "go out and make friends so they'll give you a job" the normie system says "go and apply for the job and be judged on the same level as everyone else!"

But then it rewards the "networking" and punishes the honest applying. It rewards being social over following the rules everyone else is supposed to follow.

They job website doesn't say "make friends with one of our employees!" it says "apply here!'... So networking is a roundabout cheat only sexually attractive socialites are allowed to use. It's not about who's the most qualified. And then we wonder why women keep getting hired.

>networking

This is part of the problem. A job search shouldn't be a popularity contest or a game of who knows who.

I honestly think companies should always hire males first because as much as society claims it's trying to get rid of "gender roles" it's not giving up the gender role where women get extra free shit from their male spouses any time soon.

A man NEEDS a job. He's usually expected to provide for himself 100% and even provide for other people, especially some girl he's fucking. For a man a job is about paying for his shelter and food and everything he needs to survive. For a woman, a job is about having bonus money she doesn't need to fuck a man for, because the man is usually providing her basic needs already. This also leads to higher turnover with women because they usually don't "need" the job, they're basically just showing up and doing the bare minimum so they have money to go out and buy the 160th pair of shoes they own. A man NEEDs a job or he starves to death, so he's more prone to show up and put in the work he needs to do.

Always hire a man first.

Knew a guy who made bank off that actually
>pretended to be gay
>hired immediately
>after while he stopped pretending
>company fired him for "deception"
>he sued them
>"he lied"
>"I chose not to be gay any more"
He made quite a bit of money off that, trying to find it in local news, (it was a few years back) , kinda surprised it did not hit any big news stations

>tfw this user will never be the HR administrator who hires me

Yeah it's always going to be a fat bitch because she's "good with people". I'm pretty for sure at this point if you work in HR you get a mandatory lobotomy too.

i thought USA teached meritocracy, i guess it fits with all the corruption in politicians/government/etc.

that's the way the world works nigger

you help out your friends because fuck everyone else

the thumbnail looks like homer and his family are lying face down on the bed in a pool of their own blood, with body parts strewn everywhere.

>tfw this week i turned my NEET card

They replaced all the workers at the Office Depot I work at with latina women. Literally all latina women, even the stock crew. Fucking sucks man.

I'm the only white guy, and I'm pretty sure they're gonna fire me because my new latina super thinks I have too many hours.

why would you want to be a wagecuck

Show them your pennis and also dicke and balles

But you CAN find a job. You can find a GOOD GOOD job..

>Schuss
Come on Sup Forums don't pretend you didn't see it

It's a test to weed out autist

>not knowing the ability make friends with new people is a key skill for getting any job done

You won't know everything but you need to be able to know a guy who does. Networking is generally the most important skill in any salary job. Some shit will come up that you have no idea how to solve and you need to be able to tap into your network to find a guy who knows how to fix it.

>Le ebin dank Jew-working MAYMAY

I have a master's degree in business. I became a real estate agent and didn't sell shit. I'm smarter than 99% of agents but the clients all went to the guy who would suck their dick the most. Fuck networking. You should kill yourself and every networking even should be bombed by ISIS.

stop blaming others for your failures you pussy

Fuck off nigger. Clients are fucking retards and nobody should become an agent unless they are giant sycophants.

>tfw to intelligent to sell shit to retards

I lucked into a really good office job but my company (with over 50,000 employees) brags about 60-something percent of our employees being female like it's a good thing and that triggers the fuck out of me because they kick and scream if any desirable company/field is over 50% male

>be on team of 14 people
>every morning our female manager emails out reports to show everyone's productivity from the previous day
>me and another fucking white male are the top 2 producers 90% of the time
>our manager says nothing positive to my fucking white male coworker or I on the days our productivity is 20%+ higher than anyone else on the team
>the 10% of the time we aren't the top producers it's usually because we have to spend all day fixing the shit that was fucked up by the women and coloreds and colored women on our team or training them to do shit that we mastered in a week and they still haven't learned in over a year
>manager praises Shaqwanda or LeJohnthony on those days when they have the most productivity and chastises us for not performing to our standard
>one day our manager's manager's boss sends out an office-wide email sperging out about how the office's filters have sensed someone smoking from inside the building on our floor (major fucking no-no) and says if they catch anyone doing it they will be immediately fired
>black employee is caught smoking in the bathroom
>surprise surprise he isn't fired or even reprimanded at all

My company is quite profitable as is but we would do so much better if you replaced most of the women and minorities with white men. I can't imagine how much more efficient the workplace was 50 years ago.

It's not what you know, but who you know.
It has always been this way.

keep not winning loser

Damn man, that sounds just like a place I was working at a few years ago. It is almost the exact same story of a call center I worked at

cnbc.com/2016/10/07/lawsuit-yahoo-ceo-tried-to-get-rid-of-male-employees.html

>Ard alleged that 14 of the 16 senior-level editorial employees hired or promoted by Savitt in about an 18-month period were female. He also alleged Savitt has publicly expressed support for increasing the number of women in media and has intentionally hired and promoted women, while firing and demoting men because of their gender.

To be clear, I enjoy my job and I'm very thankful for my job. I'm good at it, the benefits/pay are outstanding and I have a future here. I rarely have to do overtime and I can work from home when I feel like it. I make more than enough to live comfortably on my own and Pajeets won't be taking my job.

However, it really pisses me off knowing that I could double my department's efficiency overnight if HR, feminism and white guilt didn't exist. I'm also angry knowing that Sup Forums's involuntary NEETs could do this job better than 95% of our women and minorities. You just need basic computer skills and the ability to follow directions.

yea it's what keeps retardos like you out of the running and more room for alphas

>Finally found a great job after 5 months of search

>to intelligent
>to

Rate my plan Sup Forums

Already Happened
>went to public uni nearby to minimize cost
>math degree with emphasis econ to be actuary
>insurance concepts blow so I take an internship at company end of senior year
>they aren't taking internships so i get promoted to full time
>new manager comes in from hell and rejects application because lmao reasons (week before I would have started)
>can't find any work and the obly interview I had was for a pyramid scheme

Plan:
>learn java and c++ (and other stuff) to become app developer (I don't know shit about programming)
>intern while taking classes at cc
>get out of neet hell

Will work? Do I have the good wishes of Sup Forums?

not surprised, yahoo has become a shit stain on the Internet similar to buzzfeed.

You have to ride on sheer merit.
You are a white male. You won the genetic lottery. Whatever you do, you will probably be good at it. Whatever trade you get, whatever degree you major, whatever career you start, it will be easy for you. Just be smart about it, no one wants a gender studies professional privilege checker or a weaver of authentic polynesian baskets.

I just got a software engineering position at a major corporation even though I don't have a degree, any networking connections, and no references. I proved myself in the interviews where I demonstrated software I've developed, answered every question they asked (and elaborated further to demonstrate comprehension) and by overall being qualified.

Also, am a straight white male.

Just how far did he pretended to be gay?

I always wondered why diversity is pushed. It only causes problems. So I looked up articles on why diversity is good, and they were all bullshit reasons.
>meet new people from different backrounds!
>learn new languages!
>Women of color are the future of America!
>New ideas and experiences!
All bullshit reasons. I want ideas from people who are creative. If I hire Tyrone, I do it because he is a great help to the business and has good ideas. If I deny John a job, I do it because he is lazy.
I should not be forced to hire a bunch of lazy blacks and deny the qualified whites because of bullshit diversity quotas. Fuck.

>Born in the most prosperous nation in the world
>Can't get a job

Adapt or die you lazy shit

Just admit you're a Jew.

Butt devastated autists detected.

NEWS FLASH, dorks: Only half of business is your product, marketing, strategy, etc.

The other half is purely relationships and trust. If people don't like you, or they don't trust you, they won't do business with you. Work on your fucking social skills. They are business skills, whether you like it or not.

Programming is easy. Computer science is what you will be valued for.

Poo in loos are app developers. White first worlders are software engineers. Know the difference.

My recommendation would be to pay for Udacity plus and do a few nanodegree programs with job placement guarantees.

t. Senior Software Engineer, Computer Vision, Machine Learning

I didn't know that sucking your boss dick was called social skills. noted.

yeah nah

Job market is in a downturn, going to get worse, we are in the worst american job market in 100 years

It's a service economy now, you either go to tradeschool or you die.

>also millennials have the lowest net worth of any american generation by their age ever

>Tfw manjoring in CJ

A few of the math department guys (post-docs) all told me machine learning is where it's at.

This is purely based going off what I've read, conputer software seems to be what I want since I don't have an engineering background.

I'm also the type that never stops moving forward so this baby programming would eventually be taken further with actual cs.

Get off your lazy ass and do some fucking work then

Diversity of ideas is an incredibly beneficial thing; diversity of skin color and genitalia is a useless metric.

>joining the dog pile
Dude you're lacking insight. All the other replies have covered the relevant points like. I just wanted to give you another (((you))) because your post was obviously written by a retarded faggot.

>Tfw digits know CJ is superior

I'm not talking about brown nosing, dummy. I'm talking about basic social skills. Forging business connections and relationships. Having backup plans at other firms if you get laid off. Water cooler banter. Sharing hobbies with coworkers besides basic happy hour. You know, just basic human interaction type stuff. It goes a long way.

Just major in criminal justice already

>moving the goalposts

The Udacity machine learning course is excellent. I would recommend taking it and working with OpenCV on the side for practice projects. If you know ML and CV, you will get hired.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw it.

>tfw Nazi Germany had a shortage of workers.

Why women keep getting hired? Nigger women, maybe. I can't get a job for SHIT , and everywhere that turned me down there's a black bitch working in there a week later.

Thanks man I'll look into.

Now to do something about the depressive brain rotting that's been going on this year.

All these autists buttmad that they need to stop being shut-ins and actually have people skills and suck up to bosses/clients.

> Wahhh but I got a degree and everything!

Tough shit, you entitled crybaby. Unless you're a lone wolf janitor or a backroom storage boy, you're going to working with and dealing with other people. Hitler didnt unite the masses with his Masters Degree in Fine Arts, why should anyone here who goes into the profession of working with people not work on their people skills?

machine learning seems really interesting. I have a bio degree in molecular biology and did a semester of med school knew it wasnt for me, but with a science background could I do something with this or do I need a strictly programming background? Looking for a career change

EoE is a codeword for white male genocide in the workplace

Agreed. But it's sad people think we need to forced women of color into someone's business meetings because magically due to their sex and race they will come up with the best ideas for a company that sells ice cream.

>all these people thinking third world style cronyism are "social skills"

kek, lets face it your grandparents and parents didn't need to do that shit, if they wanted to join a trade union they could, if they got a university degree they got a good job, fact is our economies are shit with dwindling prospects for the average person and the society is a shadow of its former self

No wonder economic growth gets lower and lower every passing year with all these fucking incompetent affirmative action and daddy's spoiled children running everything

>investment analyst
Literally modern day gypsy fortune teller.
It's like being a lottery number results "analyst."

lets just find this guy. he seems like a faggot., lets stop being shut ins and go visit this guy so we can share our tough shit with him.

>networking is cheating vs "honest applying"

When someone gains the upper hand through networking it shows that an employee that was already chosen to do this job recommends the other person from a pool of applicants. From the employers perspective, this is a good thing. They need to make decisions on who is going to be a good worker and this puts you on their radar. This does not mean the job is automatically given to you just because you know someone within the company. You just have a recommendation. That's how literally every series of judgements on you as a person has worked in life. getting a job is no different than applying to college, grad school, med school, the football team, the orchestra, etc. Someone recommends you because they know you are good.

What you assume is the unqualified get the position just because they are vouched for. again, a recommendation does not guarantee a job. You will be bumped up in the pool of applicants to be judged with whoever else is being considered.

A high GPA or all your pussy extracurriculars doesnt matter if you are a basement dwelling NEET autist with the inability to communicate. Just about every worthwhile job requires a person to be able to interact well with others. if networking gives the employer a guarantee you are capable of that, then you had a leg up all along. you just needed to let them know. "cheating"? sounds like you need to work on your communication skills bud :)

bp

What skills do you have?
Now refine the question: what skills do you have that a fat sub-80 IQ latina woman couldn't do for lower pay?

>Forging business connections and relationships. Having backup plans at other firms if you get laid off. Water cooler banter. Sharing hobbies with coworkers besides basic happy hour.
Things you can't do if you don't have a fucking job. Listen to yourself for once you colossal retard.

>39.6% unemployment
>massive outsourcing
>massive automating
>$19.6-trillion debt
>most prosperous

rofl

>tfw gonna make my own job so i can bail out of this crazy shithole before the republicans finish gutting it

Do you not have any fucking friends or family members with professional jobs? Network with them you colossal doublenigger

youtube.com/watch?v=VTROCGb5qj8

Many of the online machine learning courses assume no programming knowledge

Check Udacity, Coursera, codeschool, EdX, etc

Again, programming is not hard or particularly highly valued. Knowledge of high level Comp sci concepts is.

>Do you not have any fucking friends or family members with professional jobs?
I don't

>being this new

Machine learning is kind of the anti programming. You use ML in cases where what you're trying to analyze is not easily describable in typical programmatic terms.

Eg. Which one of these photos has a tree in it? (Captcha puzzle)

That's hard to put on a whiteboard and program by hand. So, you do assisted learning and train a neural network to identify trees.

ML is all about picking a good test set and refining accordingly. It's the opposite of purely algorithmic programming (algorithmic analysis is still massively important and the foundation of any undergraduate program)

Dude that shit died with Affirmative Action and Title IX second wave feminism.

I fucking hate reading these threads

I've got no fucking prospect at all, my best bet is to leave the west all together

I'm genuinely surprised that HR people are not being murdered in parking lots or at their homes yet, or their office at least the very first stop during a workplace murder spree.
I certainly know where I would go.

And whose fault is that? You made it through middle school/high school/college without fortifying a SINGLE relationship with someone that has a decent job? How?

>The biggest internet security failures in history
WOMEN CODERS

The retards who end up getting fired a year later because they're retards who spend more time parting and socializing than working? Because that's what I've noticed.

So hire the guy who's too incompetent to do the job on his own and keeps having to get other people to do it for him? Because he uhhh..,. watched cuck ball too? Or I know, he had ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES with a guy who works there too! Wow so qualified!

You could just hire the dude who wants to work and can do the job, not captain socializer who never gets anything done and has to ask for help all the time.

Dude, have the fucking time they recommend someone because they like that person socially. It has nothing to with them being good at the work, it means they like hanging out with that person. This is why so many companies and business fucking fail and have so much turn over because they put social values over shit like showing up to work on time and doing than the actual job.

I see this at my job all the time. My coworkers get "their boi!" hired and the guy can't work for shit. He can't cooperate with other people. He's just there to follow his friend around and goof off. Then he doesn't get called back and the coworker who recommended looks like an idiot and doesn't get called back either.

You guys need to watch this if you still believe the "networking" meme:

youtube.com/watch?v=VTwSSTWfwuM

It's literally just "hire who you think is the most attractive and social" not hire who's good at the job.

That's why I was talking in the past. I guess now it is better to lie on how much money you have, if you own a car,TV,etc and try to fit in the maximum amount of minorities/disabilities to get a better chance of getting employed than an efficient and honest white male individual.

if you can't find a job, it's because you're a sperg who can't handle the interview or write a resume. I say this as a highschool dropout who had to start from scratch in a "diverse" neighborhood

women and minorities don't work, and they especially don't work jobs of value (like ones you should be applying to) so if you're a normal, healthy human being you should be able to get a decent job

>daddy helped me get my first job

Fuck people like you.

>kinda surprised it did not hit any big news stations

>(((big news stations)))

Are you really that surprised?

>hiriing

Clearly they're hiring female cartoonists

>You made it through middle school/high school/college
Not only that, but I've been working for over a decade now.

>without fortifying a SINGLE relationship with someone that has a decent job?
Because I don't like majority of people I meet or we just can't find common ground.

Another problem I have in America is that I have no clue how to keep the contact after you meet someone. It was way easier for me back home

Thank you, data analysis is actually really big in biotech. Anything is better than managing anatomy labs.

>I'm the only white guy, and I'm pretty sure they're gonna fire me because my new latina super thinks I have too many hours.
So shut your dick holster, get fired, and live off of gibs for 6 months.

Transgenderism is a nice hack that will fucking destroy this bullshit.

1) Dude says he's a Trans-woman and deserves EoE benefits as such.
2) Doesn't have to change his lifestyle at all because to suggest he needs to act gay or have HRT is "hetero-normative".
3) Women find themselves fucked as they no longer get their reserved jobs.

Wow thats exactly what I thought it was too

>leave the west
You best believe in middle eastern cultures Mr. Bong, you're in one!

Probably because they have you pegged as an asshole who whines about niggers on a message board.

Always know that you are valued more when there is less competition. I went to grad school in NYC and was surrounded by people who were "passionate" about their profession (it's just job) and they kept multiple internships and p/t jobs and participated in clubs. When they graduated some got picked up and others didnt because in desirable city all professions are over-saturated. The best prospect I had was a project job (temporary) that meant sitting in a cubicle in a basement at a prestigious institution and being happy that I get to be there.

3 months after graduating I moved to NO,LA, a city full of in-bred dumbass educated Southern hicks and niggers. I instantly had a good job, my own office, money to buy a car and a 2bedroom house all by myself. In a desirable city, I wasn't shit and even if I was good at my job there was literally 100 people waiting to replace me. Here there are so few educated professionals that I actually feel valued and think I matter in a work force. All these bright-eyed younguns want to all move to the most desirable cities, but then complain when there's 1 million copycats that they have to compete with. Always keep an eye out for the less desirable places and your prospects are likely to be better.