Remind me, /leftypol/ how global warming is real please

Remind me, /leftypol/ how global warming is real please...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9tICL4Oyozw?t=5m41s
phys.org/news/2015-02-sun-wont-die-billion-years.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because thats one weather forecast of one country for one day and overall global average temperatures are rising

Texas here. Did someone turn the AC on?

Are you still alive lizard man? There is no sun to warm your blood.

The atmosphere lets the heat in but not out. If we could turn the atmosphere inside out then the heat would never get in and eventually would sap away from the earth leaving a frozen sphere.

Man, its almost as if changes in the carbon cycle are responsible for this.

>>It's currently cold somewhere

I had a slice of pizza earlier therefore world hunger is a hoax

Florida here.
Yeah, it's a bit nippy, but I guess we'll survive.

Even if it's not possible to prove that humans are causing this arguing against moving toward cleaner and renewable energies is retarded. Like lets just do nothing lol its not like our resources will run out either

How come I never see records being set on the morning news for highest temp?

>it's cold
>in december
>shills btfo

irrefutable logic

There's a reason that the expression "white christmas" exists. It's because, once upon a time, Christmas time would typically be cold and snowy. Now it's an anomaly.

Winters here have became much warmer. I don't think it has ever dropped below -5c this winter and I don't even live in south.

What do you mean 15 of the 16 hottest years have been this century

Because if it was called "black christmas" everything would be taken, not given.

on record*

10 degrees Fahrenheit and it's not even winter yet. I guess that is why they had to change fear trigger meme from global warming to climate change. covers allll the bases there. talk about hedging your bets.

>AZ
>Below 50

Stay warm anons!

What does "on record" mean? Does it mean you get to ignore the hundreds of millions of years when the climate was ten times as hot as it today?

Since 1880

It was -26 with windchill when I was driving home last night, I really need to fix my heater.

Fuck it, believe what you want. If we're doomed, we're doomed. Doesn't matter anymore.

>coldest first weeks of December in recent memory
>beaners still haven't left for warmer weather
GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I wonder why we would get the impression that temperatures increased since industrialization if we are only looking at post 1880. Is there any better way to frame a post hoc fallacy?

I have no scientific background to say that global warming is or is not real. That does not say that we have to pollute this world and destroy everything until it is proven it is or isn't. God gave us this world and we should take care of it at all cause.

That's some solid perspective. Makes those few weeks of -20 and windy from a few years back not so bad really.

>global warming
>it's getting colder

hmm...

I got a foot and a half of snow outside and not even at 44 degrees latitude and at sea level.

we use proxy measures to gauge temperature before the thermometer record see

you cheeky cunt

Save and repost. Sup Forums is going through a Stalinist purge.

the jet stream is fucked so now the cold air in the arctic spills out

youtu.be/9tICL4Oyozw?t=5m41s

underrated

Why only show 1000 years? Temperatures have been below the Earth's 500 million year average for the past 50 million years and on the decline. The timescale of 100 years or 1000 years doesn't give you the correct perspective

Got my oil filled radiator and wool blanket

maximum comfy lads

world hunger is kind of a hoax.

Oh my fucking god I'm done with this site. I'm not even joking this is absolutely retarded

Because using graphs like pic related that show the entire earths climatic history tell us very little about current temperature trends due to the scale on which the graph is presented

Back in 1980s
>temperature rose by 0.01°C
>GLOBAL WARMING CONFIRMED

2000s
>temperature lower, icecaps growing
>it's c-climate change...!

>temperature lower, icecaps growing
Temperature is higher and only the antarctic ice sheet is growing, global sea ice and arctic are melting

>

Check out Africa

>global average temperatures are rising
>record lowest temperatures of all time this year for my area and not a single high temperature record was broken for any season

No

>record lowest temperatures of all time this year for my area and not a single high temperature record was broken for any season
>my area
>global warming

Seemingly chaotic climate events are predicted and expected.

It's 30F in Houston. SEND HELP

because global warming impacts all types of weather. colder winters, hotter summers, stronger storms and so on.

read a book faggot.

how come they stopped calling it global warming? Now the mainstream term is climate change

Shut up nigger it's -10 in Iowa

>where i live is the only place that exists

kek confirms it

>In order to establish an actual human impact…an appropriate baseline must necessarily include millions of years of data to account for this variation
In order to establish actual human impact all that needs to be demonstrated is that humans may affect atmospheric CO2 concentration and that CO2 may in turn affect climate. The historical correlation of the two and the necessity of the greenhouse effect in the melting of the snowball earth and deglaciation confirms the latter and the former is confirmed by isotopic analysis of atmospheric CO2.
>We are in one of the coldest periods in 65 million years
Modern humans have been around for 200 000.
>There is absolutely no evidence that current temperatures are outside of the trend of totally natural variation
True
>Muh truncation
This is done to show the relationship between produced CO2 and temperature, nothing else
>Ice caps melting
Yes but data showing recent melting is just indicating that the earth is currently warming, no ones making claims about having historically low ice cap levels
>Nothing abnormal about current melting rates
True
>Sea level has been rising at a very steady predictable rate
The kind of sea level rise we have currently measured has been in the order of tens of centimetres and the y-axis of the graph has units in the order of 20 meters. Throughout this period there would be slight variations in rate of change of sea level as the earth warmed and cooled but nothing you could pick off from this graph. Yes, sea levels currently at an increasing rate because of warming.
>Climate behaving abnormally, much less due to human impact
Correct, climate has behaved like this before as CO2 has varied although this time the CO2 is varying primarily due to humans
>Hypothesis of CO2 affecting climate
Nope, empirical evidence, see snowball earth and deglaciations

Man, it was 28 below zero here this morning, and then we got blasted with 40mph winds. It was beyond chilly.

Reconstruction of a reconstructed reconstruction of a reconstructed reconstru. . . .

>muh proofs

>Models are terrible at making predictions
His pic wildly misrepresents the data and the models in pic related show a rectification of his data as well as many other correct models. If this was just a hypothesis there’s no chance so many of these could ever be right
>Current temperatures not deviating
Again, there need not be anything special about today’s temperatures for it to be caused by humans
>warm further just by way of natural variation
So adding to this would be catastrophic, we’d have no time to adapt
>Unusually cold peak period
Pulling this shit from his ass, literally no proof, the graph posted can’t even lead you anywhere close to that conclusion it’s impossible to discern any sort of cycle
>Not deviating from current trends
Do I need to tell you why this guy is retarded again?

wtf are you talking about

The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments

Global Warming isn't real, climate change is real

Trump is a global warming denier, he is open minded about climate change though

Sounds like you could use a little global warming up there

Manipulated data.

I would love some of that mythical global warming. 2nd season shotgun ended today and it was fucking 60 below zero with windchill. Thankfully it looks like its going to climb into the 20s for the rest of the week for late muzzleloader.

They had to change the fucking name to "Climate Change" kek.
>Is it working??

No.

sun gets hotter overtime.
phys.org/news/2015-02-sun-wont-die-billion-years.html

>tfw comfy yellow

Damn that's cold. Global warming. What a hoax. Not to mention AL gore said all the ice will be melted by 2013. Total scam

Yes global warming would mean it makes all places on the globe warmer.
It wouldn't be picking and choosing retard.
You can't say global warming exist when half the world is cooler then it has ever been in the last 100 years.

It literally is a fucking hoax. Africa is filled with some of the most fertile soil on earth, they just can't fucking farm. Sending them clean water and money for food will NEVER feed them all. Because of all the new added resources they breed beyond capacity, like they've always done, and just makes the problem even worse, which also causes many of them to flood europe. Look at zimbabwe. White men created the country, and made it the number one exporter of food in africa. Mugabe expells the white farmers, then the blacks rip up the irrigation and sell it for scrap metal, causing a shortage of water, ate the seeds rather than plant them, and then asked the US for food donations becuase they were starving. Not to mention the hyper inflation they caused themselves while all this happened.

They bring it upon themselves

Al Gore is a fucking faggot of monumental proportions.

>it's cold enough to suck but not cold enough to snow

>Yes global warming would mean it makes all places on the globe warmer.
No it wouldn't, the climate is way more complicated than that
>You can't say global warming exist when half the world is cooler then it has ever been in the last 100 years.
Yes I can because global average temperatures have increased overall

Yeah lets just subsidise shit that is incredibly inefficient and expensive with the magic money that the you communists believe in, just for laughs.

This isn't leftypol you retard.

>bragging about weather
cuck detected

Yup. Mr. Global warming buys a 10000 Sq ft house on the coast in CA. Such liars, such hypocrites. Global warming is so bad Obama and his wife can't fly to LA on the same plane just hours apart.

Isn't the argument not that we should stop moving towards renewable energy but that we should stop so harshly regulating what we use now?

Not /leftypol/ but would be happy to explain it to anyone curious.

Here's the deal:

Light coming from the sun carrying energy, that is, heat, comes in three major wavelengths, in the infrared, ultraviolet, and visible regions, the latter comprising almost the entirety of it and carries most of the energy.

When that light reaches our atmosphere, about a third gets reflected away into space, and the rest is mostly absorbed by the surface.

Now for the juicy part: To maintain radiative equilibrium, a part of general thermodynamic equilibrium, the planet has to release the radiation it absorbed back out, however, due to the coldness of the earth, that radiation will be in a longer wavelength, in the infrared region. Clouds and greenhouse gases (water vapour, methane, carbon dioxide, etc.), that absorb infrared radiation, take that radiation in, and, since they have to maintain radiative equilbrium as well, they will emit the radiation the earth released out in all directions, including downwards, and part of it goes towards earth again, warming the surface, and creating a cycle.

That, is the greenhouse effect. It is a completely natural process that is absolutely integral in the continuation and past development of life on earth, if we didn't have an atmosphere, earth would be a lifeless floating ball of ice.

However, human activities such as deforestation and the burning of fossil fuels, increased the concentration of greenhouse gases over the decades drastically, intensifying the effect, making the earth warmer than it should be, and this is what we know as global warming.

We happy?

>Yes I can because global average temperatures have increased overall
That's absolute bullshit, the thermometer data is as corrupt as everything else the alarmists claim a s science, they cherry picked the fuck out of the data to reach a conclusion that they wanted.

I'm not even left but
>sun gives heat to earth
>earth's ozone acts as a green house keeping in heat
>burn fossil fuels
>greenhouse gases like CO2 are released
>greenhouse gasses absorb IR radiation from sun
>gasses then vibrate which produces heat energy
>earth is even hotter now

Did pol fail chem and physics or something?

> they cherry picked the fuck out of the data
Evidence?

It's almost like melting ice caps cause a lower of water temperature causing colder air currents to swipe across whole continents or something!

So what caused the dustbowl in the 50s? can't it just be the climate changes like it has for billions of years.

I don't know what you're referring to. What is it?

Notice how no one responds to actual evidence. They simply ignore it and continue to shill their conspiracy bullshit.

Not joking. But can you show me the study that shows CO2 creating the greenhouse effect? I've just always assumed its just true, but I've never seen the data on it.

And don't act like we're fucking retards, we know how scientists claim the greenhouse effect works.

Dustbowl was in the 1930s during the great depression, not the 1950s.
The Dustbowl was also very much due to human activity as well, poor farming practices allowed the top-soil to be easily removed, because they took away all the native grasses that hold the soil together. That, combined with other poor farming practices to prevent aeolian erosion led to massive dust storms across the midwestern US and the Canadian Prairie.

10 year drought in the middle of the US. Not a lot of man made carbon around then yet today every weather event is blamed on that. Which is it?

>the climate changes and always has
>the climate never changed until man started burning trees and fossil fuels

Pick one

Virginia Beach really needs to fucking get colder

Wow, the Earth is only 2,000 years old and we've already destroyed it.

It's called climate change.

This.