Why does Sup Forums have no problem with what's going on in the right of the image but shits themselves over what's...

Why does Sup Forums have no problem with what's going on in the right of the image but shits themselves over what's going on in the left? Isn't this a double standard?

To nip it in the bud, I do not condone the portrayal of Hannibal by a negro actor.

Because animals are incapable of accurately portraying humans

Why do leftists think everyone on the continent of Africa is sub-saharan? Do you really think everyone in Africa is black? Are you that ignorant?

Who are you addressing with that comment? If you're suggesting I'm a leftist, I'm not. I'm an ethnocentrist.

Like I said, I don't condone a negro portraying Hannibal. To me, it's an absurdity. But I'm also quite eager to say that a WASP actor who previously played a viking being cast as a Lusitanian leader is no less absurd.

>History

Sup Forums can't accept that viriatus is a black haired brown eyed man and not the Aryan looking stereotype.

Reminds me of how Romans are always portrayed by British actors in films so all the portrayals of Romans have British accents. It becomes what the public expects even if its not historically accurate or even true.

>implying that the distance between Anglos and Portuguese is anything like the difference between north and sub-saharan africans

Who cares? Hannibal was Lebanese and should be portrayed as such. WE WUZ KANGZ AND SHEET AND BTFO'D WHITEY!

I'm not really sure who either of them are but I'm fairly certain a man named "Hannibal" was not a big lipped nigger and Viriathua was not a blonde haired Germanic snow nigger unless his ambition was to destroy Rome

>implying all iberians have black hair

I see nothing wrong with right, I see everything wrong with left.
How is this a double standard?

Tell me what's wrong with the right. I don't know. Seems fine.

Stupid fucking leaf. Jesus Christ, you're all complete idiots.
Every single Canadian needs to be banned. Period.

Wasn't Viriathus a celt? Were there no blonde celts before the Germanic tribes spread across the continent? Legit question, I don't know either way.

>>implying that the distance between Anglos and Portuguese is anything like the difference between north and sub-saharan africans
What does distance have to do with it?

Q: Does that negro look like Hannibal?
A: No.

Q: Does that WASP look like a Lusitanian?
A: No.

Why is one alright but the other a problem?

No, he was a Lusitanian. The Lusitani were [possibly] Celticised paleo-Iberians.

As to blond Iberians, both Tacitus and Jordanes described them as looking essentially as modern Spaniards and Portuguese look today:

>Namque rutilae Caledoniam habitantium comae, magni artus Germanicam originem adseverant; Silurum colorati vultus, torti plerumque crines et posita contra Hispania Hiberos veteres traiecisse easque sedes occupasse fidem faciunt [...]
>Trans.: The swarthy faces of the Silures, the curly quality, in general, of their hair, and the position of Hispania opposite their shores, attest to the passage of Iberians in old days and the occupation by them of these districts
- Tacitus, Agricola XI, ~98 AD

>Silurum colorati vultus; torto plerique crine et nigro nascuntur; Caledoniam vero incolentibus rutilæ comæ, corpora magna, sed fluvida: Gallis sive Hispanis, ut quibusque obtenduntur, assimiles.
>Trans.: The Silures have swarthy features and are usually born with curly black hair, but the inhabitants of Caledonia have reddish hair and large but flaccid bodies. [The Silures] are like the Gauls or the Iberians, according as they are opposite either nation.
- Jordanes, Getica I.xiii, ~551 AD

TL;DR: if there were blond Iberians then they were so negligible as to be unworthy of note according to the classical authors. Would any Northern European be fine with Luis Figo or Cristiano Ronaldo being cast to play Harald Bluetooth or Alfred the Great?

He was a Celtiberian

Not the same as a native Iberian. He probably wasn't blonde, but would most likely have been lighter than Iberians proper, who probably didn't look much different from a modern Balearic islander or Catalan

He looks a hell of alot closer to this

than that black guys looks to this

>He was a Celtiberian
>Not the same as a native Iberian.

that goes contrary to ever genetic study of iberia.

Daily reminder than we wuz and always will be blonde aryan kangz

Stupid fucking leaf.

This is like if he posted Hitler played by a woman, and Hitler played by a 6 feet tall guy and said
>woah, how do you have problems with only one of them? Do you not know that Hitler was 5'9?????
>Double standards much?

That's not a double standard, you absolute moron.

Is there any reason why all Canadians shouldn't be banned? Any reason at all?

I don't know, who would you rather play a Tibetan? A Han Chinese or a White guy? Both would be wrong, but one is obviously better than the other.

Why not let Carrot Top play MLK Jr?

Both are contemporary and completely ahistorical depictions, so I'm not really sure what you're trying to prove.

He wasn't actually. The Lusitanians were related to the Celtiberians, didn't even speak a language which would have been intelligible to the Lusitanians. There's also really no evidence that Celtiberians were lighter in complexion. No classical writers claim as much and given that Celtiberians were essentially native Iberians who adopted elements of Celtic culture through acculturation they almost certainly wouldn't have looked different from the rest of Iberia.

>I don't know, who would you rather play a Tibetan? A Han Chinese or a White guy? Both would be wrong, but one is obviously better than the other
But those aren't the only options and you even admit as much. Why on earth, out of all the thousands of actors, would you choose some WASP to play a Lusitanian?

>That's not a double standard, you absolute moron.
Except it is. Again I ask, would you be fine with Luis Figo or Cristiano Ronaldo or some other swarthy Portuguese playing Ger Livicus or some other Latvian figure? No, you fucking wouldn't. And don't lie and claim you'd be fine with it.

as you can see from pic related, he has all the features of a melanin enriched man, please ignore that his father was governor of spain, because muh moors or something, total 100% subsaharan looking man most likely, definitely, and if you disagree you're a racist.

The statue was made by spanish people. You saying you know better what he looked like than the spanish?

and the painting looks the same as the ancient statue.

That black and white Nero movie is hilarious

>The statue was made by spanish people. You saying you know better what he looked like than the spanish?
Sorry, why would modern Spanish be some authority on the appearance of a Lusitanian, a people to which they have no clear connection, from the classical period? What an incredibly moronic post.

Still not a double standard, you absolute moron.
There's a difference between a white guy playing a white guy, and WE WUZ KANGZ playing a white guy.

A double standard would be if I thought white people playing asian characters was ok, like if Jacky Chan got replaced with some white dude. THAT would be a double standard.

A character having different hair color is not the same as dressing up an ape to play as that character.

You absolute moron.

I'd have to no problems with some white guy from Portugal playing a Latvian character, even thought it wouldn't be accurate for them to have black hair.

Seriously, why shouldn't we ban all Canadians? Why are you even allowed to post?

You didn't answer either question I asked, thanks for conceding the argument.

as you can see from this ancient coin of hamiclar, he has no european ancestry at all, and was also 100% subsaharran african like his son hannibal

The have a genetic connection you idiot. Celt iberians didn't vanish, they look the same as spanish people today.

And who the fuck are you to claim to be an authority.

nigga thats hannibal

and he wasnt black

and that statue wasnt made by spaniards it was made by romans

also, it should go without saying, but if you disagree with me, you're a racist shitlord

A fucking leaf.

>and he wasnt black
that's racist

Agreed. They did exactly the same with the Galactic Empire - everyone now probably thinks they were all British, when really they came from hundreds of different worlds.

>Still not a double standard, you absolute moron.
If a thing is acceptable in one case and the same thing is unacceptable in another then that is by definition a double standard.

>A double standard would be if I thought white people playing asian characters was ok
Yes, because all white people are uniform in phenotype. What stupidity. The average phenotype of a WASP and a Portuguese are markedly, quantifiably different. The difference between a Levantine and a negro are also markedly, quantifiably different. Is one difference greater than the other? Certainly, but that doesn't mean the lesser of the two is entirely negligible. And if it IS negligible, it's negligible only to you and - obviously - not to me.

>A character having different hair color is not the same as dressing up an ape to play as that character.
Hair colour, eye colour, complexion, skull shape. Yeah, totally meaningless. You sound like those idiots who say race is only skin colour.

>I'd have to no problems with some white guy from Portugal playing a Latvian character, even thought it wouldn't be accurate for them to have black hair.
And you're also a fucking liar.

>Seriously, why shouldn't we ban all Canadians? Why are you even allowed to post?
"I don't like what you're saying, so rather than avoid engaging in discussion I'm going to petition to have you silenced." That's sounds like a straight up SJW to me.

OP is a half Anglo half Portuguese subhuman with inferiority complex, that tries to destroy European identity

>Why does Sup Forums have no problem with what's going on in the right of the image but shits themselves over what's going on in the left?
Because this place is a safespace for dumbass white teens.

we can easily debunk this by pointing out that Hannibal was a military genius. He couldn't have been a nigger.

Because it's a false dichotomy and you admitted as much in that very post. Obviously I'm not going to answer it.

Lusitanians aren't Celtiberians though you mongoloid. I already explained that earlier.

>And who the fuck are you to claim to be an authority.
I'm not the authority, but the archeological, linguistic, and historical consensus on which I am basing my claims ARE an authority.

>OP is a half Anglo half Portuguese subhuman with inferiority complex, that tries to destroy European identity
I don't have an inferiority complex at all, criminal coward. I'm just asking a question. I notice that you didn't bother to answer but chose only to bring your butthurt into another thread.

>it's negligible only to you and - obviously - not to me.
Well there you go, you absolute moron.
You fell for jewish divide and conquer tactics, but I did not.

I don't care if a dark brown haired character is played by a light brown haired character.
White is white.

You are N E V E R going to see a black man get mad because a Nigerian character was portrayed by an African Murican.
Why is that? Because blacks see all blacks as one race.

I see all whites as one race, because I am not some stupid divide and conquer asshole leaf.
White is white. Period.
If you don't like the guy having brown hair, ask the directors to dye it dark brown. Woah, what an issue. Totally the same as whites being replaced by Africans.
DOUBLE STANDARD MUCH?!?!??!?!

>I'm an ethnocentrist.

>TL;DR I'm a racist

>You fell for jewish divide and conquer tactics, but I did not.
No, I never accepted the premise that there was any unity to begin with. I acknowledge any claims about pan-European unity as a utopic fiction grounded purely in the imagination of idealists and historically illiterate people.

>White is white.
That's another claim you're going to have to qualify because this is also a premise that apparently is not as immediately obvious to me as it is to you.

>You are N E V E R going to see a black man get mad because a Nigerian character was portrayed by an African Murican.
That's a sad commentary on the state of the identity of the negro, who has no roots save those planted on slave galleys, and has no homeland by virtue of the fact that he hasn't the foggiest idea which people or which land he comes from. If this is the standard by which you set your understanding of your own identity, then I pity you.

>If you don't like the guy having brown hair, ask the directors to dye it dark brown. Woah, what an issue. Totally the same as whites being replaced by Africans.
Sorry, are you now claiming that Hannibal, a Semite whose people hailed from the Near East, is white? This is next level WE WUZing.

i agree he should be chinese right leaf?

Rather Brits than Euro-beaners, amirite

Woah, guys. Look at this double standard.

Sup Forums is not ok with Hitler being played by a fat black trans woman with disabilities, but they're ok with an American playing as a Scott in Braveheart???

DOUBLE

STANDARD?????

Sure, if you're operating under a 19th century definition of race. I don't give a shit about whiteness and the only people I care about are those of my own ethnic group. Which probably explains a great deal about why I would even notice something that apparently goes over the head of someone who has internalised the WASP-American mentality like the Latvian ITT.

Wait isn't he a middle eastern? We wuz commanders and sheet. Why the fuck can't black people stop trying to revise history so they look better.

Check out this double standard, guys.

Guys

Guys

Check this out

Charlie Chaplin (NOT GERMAN!!!!!) playing Adolf Hitler (GERMAN!!!!!)

DOUBLE

STANDARD

>Lusitanians aren't Celtiberians

Not a huge difference between them genetically. The fact is you have no fucking clue what the percentage of blond haired people was amongst the Lusitanians. It's not like we can do a genetic test on anything but the current inhabitants of the area, and the number of blonde people is not zero in that area.

>Sup Forums is not ok with Hitler being played by a fat black trans woman with disabilities, but they're ok with an American playing as a Scott in Braveheart???
American isn't an ethnic group with distinct phenotypical characteristics. Plus, Gibson isn't American.

Good work, chief.

>Hitler being played by a fat black trans woman with disabilities,

That would be funny as hell

>an American playing as a Scott in Braveheart

Angry Christian Australian, he is, cunt.

Phoenicians are closer genetically to the blond guy on the right.

Here's another double standard.

Napoleon Bonaparte was French, but here he is played by an American???

Did they even test this guy's DNA? How is this accurate?

Double standards much?

Leaf isn't an ethnic group is it?

I DEMAND TO SEE HIS 23ANDME

HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY WERE GENETICALLY CLOSELY RELATED ENOUGH FOR THE ROLE?

Goddamn, you assholes have these double standards.

>Not a huge difference between them genetically.
Not really a claim anyone can quantify because pure-blood Lusitanians and Celtiberians aren't walking around to be tested. I would assume there were some genetic differences because the Celtiberians had absorbed elements of the 6th century BC migrants that the Lusitanians didn't.

>The fact is you have no fucking clue what the percentage of blond haired people was amongst the Lusitanians.
A percentage so utterly small and insignificant that the Romans - who famously remarked consistantly on the appearance of foreigners - made absolutely no mention of it whatever. Lots of assumptions you're throwing out there, none of which are grounded in anything concrete.

>It's not like we can do a genetic test on anything but the current inhabitants of the area, and the number of blonde people is not zero in that area.
It's still an absolute minority and the present Portuguese population is not directly descended from the Lusitanians. Do I honestly have to tell you that? Shitting hell...

Leaf is more like a state of mind. Mental illness, really.

kek

I feel for you, because I think my country has the same illness.

Yeah the hair color is probably somewhat off, but he is a european guy and it's not like they pretend he was some viking that live in iberia.

The hannibal film has a specific narrative to make carthage as a sub saharan people

>The hannibal film has a specific narrative to make carthage as a sub saharan people
It's not a film. Both Hannibal and Viriato from the pic are from the same show.

Well you get my meaning, both are wrong, but one is not as wrong as the other.

british and iberian population broke away from one another around 10,000 years ago. while north africans/europe and sub saharan african broke from each other 125,000 years ago.

>Would any Northern European be fine with Luis Figo or Cristiano Ronaldo being cast to play Harald Bluetooth or Alfred the Great?

If they wore contacts and dyed their hair it would be fine, also fuck the Blonde Bond.