Do any of you even read Catholic writings or listen to contemporary Catholic discussions...

Do any of you even read Catholic writings or listen to contemporary Catholic discussions? I see a lot of questions posed on this sight whose askers would surely benefit from some adult moral thinking. It seems like a lot of people that post on here are tragically underserved in moral education tßh.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UVsbVAVSssc
youtube.com/watch?v=-NMex7qk5GU
youtube.com/watch?v=XcS42gWhZ5w
youtube.com/watch?v=RRKgV6Li6mI
youtube.com/watch?v=x-19VyUgbNQ
youtube.com/user/wordonfirevideo
youtube.com/channel/UCdHT7KB1gDAXZYpPW71fn0Q
youtube.com/channel/UCxjV0mHERH3yiUqvCsgWcaw
youtube.com/user/catholiccom
youtube.com/watch?v=rY0MIEsvOes
youtube.com/watch?v=PdbefXuvPoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=M8lh59FgURU&list=PLIJYKeleItXKtMnZ6S4y-vdKtV39ZzdTs
youtube.com/watch?v=xNxQmIsOwX0&list=PLcr8-LIlPaS_lqCwat_LV6G6r-chb2bCJ
youtube.com/watch?v=gnh1QwGRbbM&list=PL25JYkcIXt9pbNzc-XUFuby1z38jDIQxk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tauroctony#Ancillary_elements
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes and yes.

You realise much of Sup Forums is not only non-Catholic but explicitly anti-Catholic, right? Why one earth would you expect them to know or care about our moral theology?

I am a Catholic Integralist and do both

Can you recommend me something?

brain gasms when i can wrap my head around it

I sort of assumed what you stated in this post when I wrote my post, but it generally still holds true: if people have all these moral questions why not seek sources that have extensively addressed them? Most of the people who are anti-Catholic have no idea of what the church has done to consider thoughtfully issues that seem to come up over and over.

I have a Catholic radio station in my car I tune into that provides a lot of good insight. You probably have one in your area. The good thing is it's approachable to the outsider.

on the internet, depends what you're interested in. I watch a few podcasts here and there from this guy:

youtube.com/watch?v=UVsbVAVSssc

i also like this discussion:

youtube.com/watch?v=XcS42gWhZ5w

if you see something you like you can delve deeper into that issue, there is a lot of material to go through, and it's not necessarily prescriptive imo, you can hear the arguments and take what you will, the important thing is to exercise the moral part of your being.

>if people have all these moral questions why not seek sources that have extensively addressed them?
My brother, the enemies of Mother Church have never given a damn about the truth. Or, at least, those that do, do precisely as you say and typically wind up becoming Catholics.

Thank you. I've been feeling drawn towards Catholicism lately and wanting to learn more about it

yeah I guess I was hoping to spread the word even though I'm not a real Catholic, my Dad is, and used to drag us to church but I never went through confirmation. But I like listening to priests. Maybe one day I'll go to adult confirmation.

there's a lot out there to explore if you're interested. there's a few shows on my radio where priests give advice to guests and it usually sounds better than secular advice.

>if people have all these moral questions why not seek sources that have extensively addressed them?
Because the Catholic Church has done literally NOTHING to bring their philosophical heritage to the public. I wan born, baptised, and raised Catholic, and the only reason I know that Catholicism has a deep and rich history of addressing these moral questions is because I left the Church and read other religious traditions, then turned around and used the same inquiry on Catholicism.

I still find it difficult to find rich what Catholics in history have said about these timeless questions of faith, evil, and morality.

Search for videos of these two ---

youtube.com/watch?v=RRKgV6Li6mI

youtube.com/watch?v=x-19VyUgbNQ

>Because the Catholic Church has done literally NOTHING to bring their philosophical heritage to the public.

this video talks a lot about this point you raise:

he says the rise of atheism as a trend shows the church doesn't promote the work that has been done on moral philosophy.

GK Chesterton almost sold me on Catholicism, from a moral sense, but I can't convince myself that actually believing in God could be good, or at even useful in a societal sense.
I read about the witch trials (both men and women were charged and executed for witchcraft or claiming to be prophets) and I thought to myself, how many people were even convinced of the charges and merely played along?

I can't take anyone seriously anyone who sincerely believes that same-sex marriage is the most important issue of our time.

I really like E. Michael Jones' writings.
Also read some Vulgate.

Wary of modern Catholic radio and even the pope. They want too much to be liked

I wouldn't dismiss him so easily. There are implications and ramifications to same-sex marriage that go beyond sex. That is where the concern lies.

If you listen to the discussion and not the intro it is more interesting. You have to keep an open mind because the argument is about the institution of the family.

i notice an obvious difference between the catholic and protestant radio. the catholic one talks about a range of topics from globalization to why moving in before marriage will destroy the relationship. the protestant one is usually very emotional.

Fedoralord here, but found that most don't understand modern Catholic arguments

I'm not a Catholic, but

Bishop Barron
youtube.com/user/wordonfirevideo

The Distributist
youtube.com/channel/UCdHT7KB1gDAXZYpPW71fn0Q

Rational Catholicism
youtube.com/channel/UCxjV0mHERH3yiUqvCsgWcaw

Catholic Answers
youtube.com/user/catholiccom

Franciscan University of Steubenville/Steve Ray
youtube.com/watch?v=rY0MIEsvOes
youtube.com/watch?v=PdbefXuvPoQ

Defeat Modernism/Fr Hesse Archives
youtube.com/watch?v=M8lh59FgURU&list=PLIJYKeleItXKtMnZ6S4y-vdKtV39ZzdTs

youtube.com/watch?v=xNxQmIsOwX0&list=PLcr8-LIlPaS_lqCwat_LV6G6r-chb2bCJ

youtube.com/watch?v=gnh1QwGRbbM&list=PL25JYkcIXt9pbNzc-XUFuby1z38jDIQxk

Quality thread with lots of new sources (for me anyway).

I'm a Christian but I haven't learned enough about the Protestant/Catholic divide to understand where the true faith lies. I'm currently listening to a bible study on my drive to/from work every day to get a complete layout of the scripture before I begin to delve into how best to worship, but maybe I'm foolish not to look further into Catholicism first.

One question though:

If Jesus was sent so that we may be redeemed and know God through Him, then why do we need priests? Can't we just confess to Jesus and reach the Father through Him? I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this but I've never seen a good answer to the question.

>If Jesus was sent so that we may be redeemed and know God through Him, then why do we need priests?

>>If Jesus was sent so that we may be redeemed and know God through Him, then why did he need apostles?

To spread the word of God. Is that what Catholic priests are for? Then why are we supposed to confess to them? Did people confess to the apostles? It seems like Apostles took on the role of missionaries, not priests, because priests are supposed to mediate between the believer and God. That's what Christ is for, no?

Don't try to reason with these fucking Catholic cucks.
>muh tradition
>gravitas of muh institution
>don't need to read when you can have a priest read for you

They're all just pagans by another name

Says the Jewish Satanic Protestant.

Fuck off. It's not my fault Catholicism appeals to nigger-tier countries.

Catholics have invaded my country from Latin America. Our domestic Catholics support this invasion and the murder and rape of our people which comes with it. The idea that the Roman cult represents any kind of morality is disproven by its conduct in America.

Just read the bible bro cathocucks are fake as hell and not many of them would reach heaven because of this

>11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

First: Is there a "rise of atheism" and is it a "trend"?

Second: I don't think adopting a non-belief system is something you do for others. The lack of faith does that.

I've studied in catholic schools my whole life, was raised a catholic, went to church sometimes and i tend to follow the catholic moral compass. However, i never believed in god.

Doesn't mean i demerit it, i wish more people would really get this deep in their search for morality.

PS: IF atheism is rising i believe it's solely because it's much less of a stigma to declare yourself one these days. Yet, since 92% of Brazilian population is still catholic, i get a lot of shocked and/or hostile expressions when i say I'm an atheist, so i don't really mention it.

My mother cried her guts out when i confessed that. I didn't want to hurt her, but i felt like a prisoner for being obligated to follow something i never believed in and to spread it.

This is what i dont understand the people fled to america to get away from the roman catholic church and now the catholics still have risen in america

>Do any of you even read Catholic writings or listen to contemporary Catholic discussions?
no, I don't like cuckoldry, thanks.

Cus the filthy potato Irishmen and dirty fucking wops from Italy came here and had a million fucking children and outbred the WASP culture that made America the way it was today.

The Church is only rising because of the invasion. It has a chronic problem of adults in the U.S. leaving the cult, so they need to import more poor foreigners to maintain their numbers.

Humz just like islam in europe then , history repeats it self

Why are there crabs under the bull, and a snake and doggo biting him too? I need context, pls.

it's a scorpion stinging his balls.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tauroctony#Ancillary_elements