How do the USA manage to sell war so easily to gullible kids?

This guy got his face blown off by a grenade trying to save one of his mates, and all this was rewarded by a medal, a useless piece of metal scrap devoid of any meaning in today's world.

At 21, I was busy banging blondes left and right, and tuning my cars. This young bloke decided to give up his face for the selfish interests of higher-ups who got no care in his fate or well-being.

Riddle me this, Sup Forums: how do you get so indoctrinated that you decide to enroll out of your own volition into a war you should take no part in, and that all in all, doesn't concern you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R42tDDt_69g
youtube.com/watch?v=U1mlCPMYtPk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no job opportunity and starting pay at $14/hour with free tuition, recruiters also give you a sign on bonus. If you get maimed you'll get free narcotics and welfare.

Because shooting at rag heads is damn fun

Don't be such a cuck that you wouldn't trade a 90k signing bonus and free college for getting to blow shit up and shoot people

>not joining the foreign legion and raping indigenous women across the planet while simultaneously committing acts of warfare and genocide on a massive scale

Are you a faggot?

Well, first step is not being a pussy.

hollywood propaganda. movies, videogames, tv, and virtually all other forms of media glorify violence and war. however, i think it's more of a cycle than a linear thing. men are innately violent creatures. the strongest, meanest men are the only thing standing between a tribe and ruination. if there were no strong, violent men to protect a tribe from outsiders then the tribe would be quickly pillaged into slavery.
so there is honor and purpose in glorifying violence, but how much is to much?

Call of Duty
Veterans day
Bunch of shit-tier SEAL movies
You name it, we do it

>How do the USA manage to sell war so easily to gullible kids?
By making them poor, then offering few alternatives.

>a useless piece of metal scrap devoid of any meaning in today's world
It's to remind him of the shrapnel that tore through his face.

>a medal

And all the honour that goes with it. Remember "greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends"

I know who'd I'd rather have watching my back, you fucking toothpaste nigger.

youtube.com/watch?v=R42tDDt_69g

this book goes over the reasons for war and how the public is brainwashed. listen to chapter 1

Look at these indoctrinated sheep. You basically prove OPs point! you retards could be peer pressured into cutting your tiny balls off and eating them with ketchup and sharting your half-digested balls on the wal mart floor just because somebody called you a pussy for not doing it.

Yeah pussy, not man enough to cut your balls and ears off for uncle sammy? Faggot

It's usually the paycheck, although sometimes people do it for other, more "patriotic" reasons. I know quite a few people who joined only because their fathers did for them.

This. Before we started trying to turn the middle east into rubble, going into the service was an incredibly noble and wise decision for those coming from disadvantaged families, or those who came from a military family.

I know many vets who benefited greatly from their time in service, though many others had to sacrifice a lot due to these pointless wars.

The military IS a really great option for certain people. Sometimes I wonder if I would be a better situation if I had enlisted. I actually went to a recruitment center at 18 because I had no idea how I could pay for college. I took an IQ test and the recruitment officer sat me down and told me I really needed to go to college. This was in 2007, so when the Iraq/Afghan war was still in full swing and full recruiting mode.

*did before them

I don't know about too much, but you can certainly ask Sweden about too little

>play games with vet friend
>slipped a disc carrying 100lbs of gear
>was only enlisted for half a year
>never has to work again thanks to gubment money that supports him and his girlfriend

(((war))) seems pretty good

>gullible kids

You just answered your own question, OP.

For most of these kids its just a job, and a job with fairly low-hanging requirements.

Some have a vague sense of patriotism, as if going to fight people who just want the US to get out of country is somehow protecting American from attack. Again, the brightest of the bright aren't typically the infantry type.

Then they get sent off to third-world hellholes, but even then... they're in the US military, the mightiest force the planet has ever seen, there is no way *they* could get injured or killed right? Meanwhile, they aren't provided with decent body armor because its cheaper to throw more young bodies at the problem.

Not like any of this is a problem. Young males are by definition disposable, we have too many of 'em stateside, we gotta so something with them because otherwise young men tend to get politically rebellious...

Thanks user. Btw chapter 1 starts around 6 minutes in.

Because hollywood and the government tell them it's honorable, bla bla bla to "serve and protect your country", but in truth if you think you're anything more than a mercenary when joining the armed forces, you poor fucker got brainwashed badly

>It's a Frenchman doesn't want to get in a fight episode
This should be good. The 1914 and 1939 episodes were fucking GOAT.

America was literally built on war. You know how many Indian wars alone our ancestors fought just to acquire the real estate that we have now built comfy suburbs on? Literally hundreds. But they were all wrong because war is wrong? Nonsense.

Some wars are wrong. A lot of the wars we've been getting into recently are wrong. But war has historically yielded positive results. To deny that is to deny human history.

Personally I find the cowardly pacifism dressed up as red pills on this board to be shameful.

You do things you would never do in your life, travel to places you would have never gone, accomplish things you never thought you could do, and most of all you make friends for life and join a fraternity that spans the entire country.

Don't blame this marine for being indoctrinated to fight the wars, blame the politicians. This is shit civilians will never understand.

t. Army Officer

>>How do the USA manage to sell war so easily to gullible kids?
>By making them poor, then offering few alternatives.
Except that's fucking wrong. The majority of US military members are middle class.

In reality, it's because they are psychopaths that want to legally murder people. Same reason they become cops.

Muslims and commies aren't people, faggot.

you act like this is somehow new. you are wrong.

You're confused because the elites keep on jamming how Iraq is a danger and at the same time you're a patriot and you don't know what to do

Get off your high horse, because this is exactly the same what the Europeans have done in 1914 and earlier. Young boys were sent to die for colonies that were kilometres away from where they lived, and no gains in Europe

>joining the U.S. Military after the Vietnam War

U.S. Military. It's essentially a declaration that you've lost the game.

Think about it. The power of free will and you *still* settle for slavery. Wonderful, no?

From an early age, you're influenced by your environment. Your parents (or lack of), teachers (in some manner, shape or form) and other mentors can help steer your life in a direction, whichever direction that may actually be.

However, during all of this, if you're still alive and have most of your bodily functions, there are a whole world of opportunities available to you. Especially in this day and age of technological marvels and the wonders of the Internet to provide information (and, of course, misinformation.)

The military should not even be an option, at this point, because not only is there enough information to suggest that joining it is only for those who've allowed themselves to be brainwashed by a military-industrial complex keen on retaining what power they have left ... but there is also enough information available for people to make their own decisions on what they'd like to do, instead.

Still, people join. They wish to be broken down and remoulded in somebody else's image.

This is a sign of weakness. Of allowing one's self to be influenced and corrupted by those with power and ambition. Essentially, those who join the military are no-better than mindless sheep.

>tl;dr: Join the military? You're a faeces-flinging, irradiated, nuclear-powered rhesus monkey who enjoys others making decisions for you.

fighting the jews wars

I'll give him he looks the most badass of all the deformed soldiers I've seen. He kinda looks like the terminator about halfway through the movie

>for the money
But why choose the dangerous job as infantry?
Theres tons of other "safer" jobs like logistics or artillery.

At least I'm not a slave to emus.

btw. I wonder if US Army will one day refuse to fight further, like the Germans did in WW1

LOL HAHAHAHAHA

Awesome retort. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued rebuttals with any new progress arguments or v-logs. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can refute me. Thanks for the motivation.

From documentaries I saw the marines were very happy when they actually get deployed.

What is all those dark spots on his face? veins? or does he just have a dirty face lmao

KILLING PEOPLE IS FUN. WAR IS FUN. KLLING PEOPLE IN WAR IS SUPER FUN.

THE MILITARY PAYS YOU TO HAVE FUN.

GET WITH THE PROGRAM YOU FUCKIN PUSSY.

>How do the USA manage to sell war so easily to gullible kids?
From you. We learned it from you dad!

This.

>War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. ~John Stewart Mill

OP BTFO, how will she ever recover?

>purple heart in his eye
ayy

A cowardly Frenchman?

TELL ME IT ISN'T SO!!!

This. It's years of creating a warrior complex in a culture where there is no other way to chase the fantasy of romantic combat but to join the military. Add in the high cost of education, which is their main selling point nowadays, and the fact that they comb high schools in low income areas like vultures, and you have your answer.

>kill family of unarmed civilians
>"hurr exertions of being a better man hurr"
>"muh paaaaaatriotism"

kek

Id rather have my face than a medal

You just sound like a hippie to me.

Now go ahead, call me a Jew because you're a timid bitch.

>Muh unarmed civies

You strike me as the kind of woman that would stick a flower into a rifle muzzle and consider it a shining moment in your life.

You're absolutely correct, leftypol insurgent, we need to team up and oust neocons from our nations and return to our proud, nationalist states

I kek'd audibly

I didn't fall for the military meme. Instead tried my luck working in a rural part of SC. Totally better off just started my new job at Dollar General making 7.25 /hr part-time. I'm 29 BTW.

Such an act would STILL make me almost infinitely-braver than one of you dickless morons with a big gun to compensate for it, uneducated hick.

How bout you ask the Chinese how they do it.

>dickless morons with a big gun to compensate for it
>uneducated hick.

You're such an insufferable faggot

Not an argument

I'm surprised nobody has brought up the G.I. Bill. I platformed my way into a nice STEM field debt-free with applicable training through my MOS. My superior organizational skill and self-discipline allowed for me to get through pretty easily Summa Cum Laude while all of the kids in High-school-to-college pipeline whined and struggled to do the same. I set myself up after four years extra of my life given to learn about civic virtue and things that are generally lacking in the USA, and the end I came out better than when I went in.

On the downside I lost hearing, but guess what? That makes me look even better to employers. Oh yeah, and the military's leadership is shit ineffective for esprit de corps and morale. Another thing is you're surrounded by suicidal crazies and psychopaths, and I mean suicidal before they even deploy. Also a lot of drug addicts, alcoholics, and damaged goods.

tl;dr: You can get a lot of good experience, benefits, and opportunity from the military. You just need to seize it and have a goal. Also avoid the crazies.

K.

Speak to a combat veteran instead of being a posturing manchild on the internet. First thing they'll tell you is there's nothing fucking noble or beautiful about watching young people die for foreign interests, and there are better ways to make money if that's your reason. What you think about it doesn't matter at all, and young people like yourself will continue to be fooled into the same cycle.

I don't give a fuck about politics, I just wanna kill people

Did that motherfucker put his purple heart INSIDE OF HIS FUCKING EYE SOCKET?

Fuck man, that's pretty hardcore.

I didn't present it as one, i merely stated that you are an insufferable faggot.

You just convinced me even further that you are indeed an edgy faggot.

People that enroll in the military now a days only do it for free school. Prove me wrong.

I don't get anything out of cutting off my "tiny balls" and eating them.

And leave a Fin to lead a discussion from enlistment to chopping your balls off and consuming them. AUTISM.

>insufferable
how many synonym websites have you visited to find that word?

Still not an argument

if you want to die an anonymous death in some foreign shit-hole, for some rich jew so he can stack his shekels even higher, then be my fucking guest mate.

If you are around military guys at all, personally I hang out at the VFW for cheap beers, you know a few things

First, people join the military for elevated social status. All military welfare queens think they are more important/above 'normal citizens'. The same way cops do.

Second, people also join for the government subsidized benefits. You fail to even mention that this kid can literally do anything he wants. he can go anywhere he wants. He can has the entire education system at his fingertips practically free of charge for just being a veteran, let along being a veteran with disabilities.

Third, you would also know that these faggots get shitfaced all week long at the bar and brag about 'sand niggers', killing people indiscriminately, breaking rules of engagement as a matter of common practice etc...etc..

On top of all that, he is guaranteed the best medical service in the world and of course will never have to pay for it.

So, yes. Combined with these people generally being loud, arrogant, special snowflakes it is quite hard to feel sorry for someone who chose that dangerous line of work willingly and then requests a pity party afterward.

I'd rather have my back watched by a guy who still has his eyes left.

at least this guy got a badass super villain face rather than just brain damage or losing both legs above the knees

Yeah, he ended up getting the Medal of Honor for his actions, and rotates between an Eagle, Globe, and Anchor, and his purple heart, among others.

I can't speak for them, but I want to go to war because it's good for a giggle and I'm not that worried about the death thing.

None of that will stop him from looking like that.

I'm not a coward, but I like having a face.

/thread

So brave

>Riddle me this, Sup Forums: how do you get so indoctrinated that you decide to enroll out of your own volition into a war you should take no part in, and that all in all, doesn't concern you?
You get paid way more than you should to do easy labor and get free room and board(away from your hometown, which is probably great if you grew up in middle of nowhere kansas) with a slim chance of getting shot at overseas. And even if you do get shot at, you get the better weapons and equipment than the jungle chinks or snd people you're fighting, and may not see any action at all.

Kids with bad upbringings are given the chance to play a low risk, high reward lottery famalam.

Because people enjoy it.
Some geniunly enjoy shooting and killing other people.
Some are simply stupid and uneducated, and they really believe they are doing something for their country. However, the knowledge is always at your disposal, so you can educate yourself at any time, but they enjoy being stupid.
Some do it for the money, because they enjoy money more than their own life and safety because they are idiots and they enjoy being idiots.
So it's all about enjoyment.

Why not become a cop in Oakland, St Louis, New Orleans, Chicago, or any other high crime city? Training is much shorter than you're free to quit after you met your killing goal.

I go to war for the adventure and spoils of battle. I used to take wristwatches off the corpses.

how long is cop school in yousa

so progressive

the wild savagery of Australia

desu I agree with this and I was in the military.The holier than thou attitude is hugely annoying. Ended up pretty well in the end for me, but I know plenty of people who joined who were dumb enough to not use any of those benefits and just resort to incessantly whining.

Is the T in STEM referring to "technology" fields like information technology or is it more like radiology and nuclear medicine technicians? I've heard the military is a great way to get the experience of networking and system admin fields.

Hardcore

But don't get court-martialed for murder. Obama pardoning drug criminal nogs

poor sven.
you're right, though. that's what happens when too many men in a society turn into cucks.

Die for the corporations there boy so they can rob the oil and get tax cuts!
youtube.com/watch?v=U1mlCPMYtPk

Nice reading comprehension, Im advocating for the REMOVAL of said rich jews

poverty

It's no surprise a fwench fag got would start this.

Lay down your guns faggot because that's what the fwench do.

Second time I've posted in a 5 day period.. I'm out of control.

Most of the people here don't have any idea what they're talking about. People in the military have a higher IQ on average than the population, even enlisted personnel are in the 65th percentile. The average enlistee has a higher high school completion rate compared to all the youth in the nation. Officers are obviously way higher.

The military allowed me to now get a job making 200k per year the first 80k is tax free with no college education.

I've met some of the smartest people in my life in the military. We had a lawyer in our unit that went in as enlisted.

Anyone here being blindly disparaging towards the military is really ignorant and should read a little bit.

are you cynical?

you better not be

Would you rather there be no military whatsoever? How the fuck do you intend to keep the peace without being prepared for war? If we disbanded our military then we would be invaded. It's fucking simple.

See
I'd rather have something to fight for instead of being a fucking pussy that cries in a corner while my wife and children are being raped and murdered by Ahmed.

Depending on the branch you can do all three. The networking outlets and transitional teams are highly underutilized, yet civilian employers will hire you on the spot. It's really weird, it's kind of like not using a career office on a campus that has an 80-100% of landing you a job or at least getting you a decent lead.

some young men want action. It's more instinct than propaganda.

Three weeks to a few months. In big cities on the East Coast you usually need "connections" ie corrupt relatives who practice nepotism to even get into a training program. In the West, they take nearly anyone, but with the understanding it's rookies who have to patrol niggerville their fist few years.

google it, it's not hard. I'm not your fucking secretary. just type average military iq.

What brand of wristwatches did you score?

It's called reading a the dictionary from an early age so I don't have to google words.