Make education free and be done with it

Make education free and be done with it.

If someone wants to learn something and better themselves, why let money stand in their way? At least they would be doing something rather than nothing man, hanging around on the streets. Such a small cost with such huge benefits, you would see improvements across the board for humanity, in everything, in science, in health, how people conducted themselves daily would change for the best as well, the costs would be a drop in the bucket compared to all these other "handouts" and you would actually see good happen.

But we cant do this, we instead build 5,000lb bombs and drop it on people. Such foolish a foolish country, the very rich have everything, soon we'll not be able to breed and have children unless you are bringing in 7 figures a year or something.
Education should be priority #1, above everything else.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qci3BaEkV2Q
toolingu.com/classes/department/300/CNC
udemy.com/cnc-programming-for-beginners/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How are you going to make teachers work for free?

Fuck you

There is no such thing as positive rights only negative rights

You have the right for things not to be done to you, you don't have the right to force people to do things for you

Yah because 17-18 year olds don't already go into college completely brain damaged by the "free" education they just came out of

Provide free internet service in public places (for example libraries). There, done.

>Make education free
>Free
But user, we outlawed slavery

>How are you going to make teachers work for free?

The same way you get people to join the military and die for "Free", for the benefits the government promised them, you could virtually do the same here with teachers and not actually put their lives in danger, but that would be stupid, lets just instead burn money away on useless military aircrafts and bombs when at the ned of the day america is killing ahmed using old a10s. Russia and China? The next world wars will be fought within minutes using cheap nukes that do just as much damage, the days of "world wars" are over.

fuck education.

when you say education, you mean, 'get a job' which in 99% of cases can just be trained on the job.

ABOLISH all public school systems, and replace them with NOTHING.

THEN maybe people will learn SOMETHING.

You must be over 18 to post here.

>The same way you get people to join the military and die for "Free",
The military pays a good salary and has health care. It's very expensive. It's not free you mentally retarded libcuck

Education is free.
Want to learn a language? Hundreds of free resources are a click away.
Want to program? Search "learn programming for free".

If you want an education, stop shit posting and get it.

implying universities are anything but a racket.

this, all the knowledge is at your fingertips, you just have to sit down and fucking learn it.

why do you want education to be free when it already is?

I will not provide you with a lifetime of free education

Prepare your self you underage libcuck

>You are owed nothing

>everything I want is a right!!!!

>If someone wants to learn something and better themselves, why let money stand in their way?
It already is free
Go to the fucking library
What we need is a better credential system than 4 year universities

The reality is that he wants to extend his high school experience. Few more years of partying but this time with no adult supervision and minimal responsibilities.

Are you fucking retarded?

yeah let me just put down on my resume that I learned everything from the internet and see how far I get.

typical Sup Forums, do you guys even have jobs here? yeesh. It seems like the people who would benefit most from this are the idiots on here. Too fucking funny.

no, but education could cost exponentially less once we break the cabal of pseudo-intellectuals running academia in the west

Most people don't even need to go to college. The best thing we can do is promote trade schools and apprenticeships for plumbers, electricians, etc. The average dumb dumb isn't going to be a computer engineer, sorry! They lied to you when they said you can be anything you want to be. You can be anything that you have the ability to be.

>yeah let me just put down on my resume that I learned everything from the internet and see how far I get.

So you're saying that education isn't what you're interested in after all.

Free education was a mistake. People get educated and then think they can do anything they want and start pushing crazy agendas.

>You have the right for things not to be done to you, you don't have the right to force people to do things for you

this

see
Why dont we have a GED for college
Make it good enough for government jobs

so you know how we fix this problem?

WE SHUT DOWN MIDDLE SCHOOL/HIGH SCHOOL/PUBLIC COLLEGE FUNDING

THEN EMPLOYERS WOULD HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO HIRE PEOPLE BASED ON MERIT RATHER THAN DEGREE

OR TRAIN

you're a fucking idiot for acknowledging and consenting to idiocy and using idiocy as an argument against rationality.

this, it's not and never was.

people don't know the meaning of the word 'education'. and they're always trying to conceal their actual intentions inside of misleading and vague terms like that.

Education is something they can't take from you.
If you can speak three languages, who cares where you learned them from? Plenty of programmers have jobs from learning programming on line. These are jobs that party more than burger flipping.

But what do you do? You spit in the face of the opportunity to get EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT because no one is going to hand it to you, and you'd actually have to work for it.

Suicides always an alternative. m.youtube.com/watch?v=qci3BaEkV2Q

It appears you are correct.

All that happens is you end up with a load of people who wouldn't have done degrees before (and would have gone into trade apprenticeships or directly into work in other sectors) doing degrees in crap because le you must have a degree meme. And then they finish college and they suddenly realise nobody cares about their degree in amphibian societology.

This isn't speculation, education here is free. Well, you pay a few grand in "student contribution" but you don't have to be very poor to qualify for grants to pay that for you.

The smartest people who go on to do all the shit you preach about go to college for free because they did so well on their ACTs & SATs

Stfu about how college should be free K-12 is free for you. That is enough education for free. Honestly they should make K-12 harder and promote College less. The Government wants you to go to College because it makes them money from interest from loans. Not because they want you to be successful.

You retards have never understood that free college would hit you hardest, since you would stop being customers and become nuisances. No diversity horseshit, no councellors, student unions holding their cumtraps shut. Not to mention government could fully dictate what will be the subjects.

But why am I surprised, we are talking about the same rich fucks who shill for communism.

Kill yourself failure.

Education will be free if:
- Teacher will work for free
- School meal were given and transported by the farmers for free
- School building are offered by the owners or built by free work and given materials.
- electricity, furniture, and books given by companies for free.
Of course these things are not free, "FREE" education is only possible by taking away money from the workers and companies by gunpoint laws, disguised as tax, so if you didn't study at the university, and neither your offspring, you and your son still will pay for "free" education for the choosen ones.

At the other hand, if the "FREE" money given limitless to the schools, they will find out soon, they ask more and more. - like goverment guarantee student loan skyrocketed education prices - they will milk the working class till they can. It's stupid to not doin this, because the money grow on the tre. Literally forcefully harvested from the actual workers, like the trashman, the steel workers, the drivers, thefarmers, and all the other people who are producing wealth, and given to the leeches. Why the fuck I start working if I can stay in uni for another 20 years with free edu and free money- govt ensured loan, and go bankrupt, or claiming I'm an opressed sexual minority, and producing bullshit about my tram sexuality -
Are you feel stupid now:

>khanacademy
>coursera
>mit open courseware
>wikipedia
>local library
>fucking google
>13 fucking years of government schooling
There's your free education

And Community College is pennies if you live in the area and don't have rich parents.
Programming and certs can get you a job in certain fields.
Freelancing can take you far.
Dumping more people into 4 year schools just devalue the degrees.
This, alternatives to shitty 4 year schooling are the answer, not giving useless professors more taxpayer money.

You guys are being retarded. I shouldn't have used the word free because it triggers some and then we get the red herring of "hurr its already free".

Again im starting to believe believe half of you here receive a nut nut check because you don't know how to world works.

I have been a cnc machinist for over 10 years with blueprint reading I & II certs, shop math certs, etc. if I told them I had watched all the videos on youtube, and learned how to read a blueprint and run a fanuc control cnc and had nothing else to show fo rit, they would laugh at my face.

My point was if the government could pay for useless machines and bombs that dont fix anything but actually start shit, see iraq, afghanistan, all throughout history, then they can pay for someone getting an education, you retards just cannot comprehand that because of your condition.

Keep cashing that nut nut checks Sup Forums

I have left, bye.

>if I told them I had watched all the videos on youtube, and learned how to read a blueprint and run a fanuc control cnc and had nothing else to show fo rit,

Then stop saying you want education. You want people to not laugh in your face. Nothing to do with being educated as you can clearly see.

Again do you want free education or certification?

Fuck you liberal cry baby.
Ten seconds in Google.
toolingu.com/classes/department/300/CNC

udemy.com/cnc-programming-for-beginners/

That's just two of the thousands of listings. If you really had an education, you'd understand it takes books (those aren't free), teachers (should they starve for you), buildings, electricity, etc.
If you want to learn, plenty of places to do so.

What you want is handed a piece of paper that says you are educated in women's studies.

You are going to have to pay for that lack of education.

But start a thread and run away when everyone on the planet tries to talk sense to you. It really proves how wrong you are.

so what you're saying is that you support the very system that free's employers from the responsibility they used to have to take any ol fuck off the street and train him, if he had the sense for it.

congratulations on making the world even stupider than it is.