If I wanted to understand where modern money gets its value from, where would be a good place to start?

If I wanted to understand where modern money gets its value from, where would be a good place to start?

Other urls found in this thread:

mises.org/library/what-has-government-done-our-money
mises.org/library/mystery-banking
mises.org/library/theorie-des-geldes-und-der-umlaufsmittel
youtube.com/watch?v=X1sjFHEl5GI
youtube.com/watch?v=FDbPikepkiI
youtube.com/watch?v=0jbbO8tXeq8
youtube.com/watch?v=6CBzfO2gkcU
youtube.com/watch?v=BUywXLdNi1o
youtube.com/watch?v=_42elJNXZmY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The kikes controlling the federal reserve

shul

canadian tire

you spend some money and they give you money, its all in the balance

the real mystery is what came first, canadian tire money or other money?

just read this

mises.org/library/what-has-government-done-our-money

Burning Muslims like you

The Torah

Read Michael Jones on kikes

Read up on Ludwig von Mises and Murray Rothbard

A good place to start would be crying. There is no place to start, just over complicated systems with no real anchor .
Our money only has 'value' so long as the population as a whole decides it does... it is literally a mass delusion that keeps modern currencies from collapsing.

And this delusion that has become infuriatingly entrenched is easy for those in power to exploit. Look up fractional reserve banking, a polite way of saying counterfeiting.

US dollars?

Oil.

I guess you think a microwave is overly complicated too but your retarded ass still uses one. Just because you're too stupid to understand things doesn't mean everyone else is or that currency is based on "mass delusion".

>value

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I prefer pic related. It's a bit more comprehensive than that one.

feel free to explain then professor pothead

mises.org/library/mystery-banking

Read it OP, don't be a fag for once in your life.

>currency is based on "mass delusion".
This is a reasonable statement though, at least with our current currencies. Very few people in the general public understand how money creation works, or what economic value means, or in fact almost anything to do with econ at all.

I'm open to Austrian viewpoints but everything from mises.org and most of the economists clinging to the school are so staunchly dogmatic that they would probably wear a suicide vest into the Federal Reserve if they thought it'd end the place

The us dollar value is held up by many different strings that if any one were to be cut the dollar would be crushed under the weight of debt taken out in it's name.

The things that provide the dollar with value are (remember if any one of these things fails the dollar becomes instantly untransactable)

The US military (unlikely to fail until dollar dies)

The global banking system

The US treasury market

The dollar's ability to be transacted.

-----

All of the above things are pillars that rely on each other for support, and right now they are all on shaky ground.

Remember that it isn't just hyperinflation that causes a currency to lose value. A currency can become valueless when it is unable to be used as a form of transaction (thus rendering it useless and undesired) If any global bank goes under they will all fail. If the banking system fails, no one will be able to transact dollars anymore (or any other currency for that matter) ALL CURRENCIES WILL FAIL ON THE SAME DAY IN THE SAME HOUR... it will be the biggest shitstorm the world has ever seen

Adam Smith's Wealth of Nations has a couple chapters on value and desu thats where you should start. Once you understand the foundation of the exchange value of commodities, then you need to understand monetary policy to see how governments control the supply of money to implement monetary policy (eg. in a keynesian way).

mises.org/library/theorie-des-geldes-und-der-umlaufsmittel

The absolutely best book on that matter. Simple, concise and seminal in its influence.

>I'm open to Austrian viewpoints
>But I already think they're wrong
That's not what "open" means.

FYI, what you call "dogmatic", others call "intellectually consistent". Or do you think mathematicians are dogmatic too, because they insist on sticking to the narrative that 2+2=4?

Whenever we accidentally find Canadian money here we just throw it away, it's useless. Does that happen when you guys get USD?

I find Rothbard's writing style is better than Mises'. Still, you definitely can't go wrong with the The Austrian himself, especially if you want to read it in Kraut.

Usually coins are accepted at par, it's rare to find burger bills.

Anyway, USD will soon be Zimbabwebux so get your laughs in while you can, because nobody will be laughing when it happens.

The Ascent of Money six part documentary is as good a place as any and it's pretty entertaining -- they even explain the trick the Rotschild pulled, they should have hanged them for treason right there.

youtube.com/watch?v=X1sjFHEl5GI

youtube.com/watch?v=FDbPikepkiI

youtube.com/watch?v=0jbbO8tXeq8

youtube.com/watch?v=6CBzfO2gkcU

youtube.com/watch?v=BUywXLdNi1o

youtube.com/watch?v=_42elJNXZmY