Rural vs Urban

Why do so many people seem to view people who live in cities as intrinsicly better than people who live in rural areas? Why the vitriol? Have they never left the city?
>flyover country
>inbred hillbillies
>uneducated hicks
why is there so much venom from urbanites for the people who are literally feeding them?

I'll admit actually used to be that way to some extent, more pity for missing out than disdain. Missing out on what? I think a lot of it is just a status quo bias, viewing the only conditions you've known as preferrable to something different. Now, having lived in city, suburb, and rural environments, I definitely prefer living in the country. I used to enjoy the nightlife, but its so empty and self-destructive in retrospect, it never actually made me happy, it kept me poor, and I'm lucky I didn't catch a disease. The benefits of living outside the hive far outweigh the few inconveniences:
>clean air
>nature everywhere
>no noise pollution
>can see the sky at angles other than straight up
>the urban heat island is fucking real
>friendly neighbors
>friendly law enforcement
>shoot guns
>zero crime
>zero traffic

I still have one foot in each world. I commute about 30-35 minutes each way for work, its absolutely worth it. Cities smell like piss and gasoline, everyone is on edge, everyone is on drugs, every day it feels like entering an asylum. The funny thing is, the urban cucks who meme on rural folks like to think they're cosmopolitan and cultured, but they can't even imagine what rural life is actually like. The standard of living myth is also retarded, my house and lot are several times bigger and much nicer than anything I could get for the money anywhere in the metropolitan area.

City living is a meme.

Why do so many people fpbp

because so many people are retarded, and deny reality, even when it is stark, and staring them in the face

Because (((so many people))) live in cities.
Politics is a conflict of interests, nothing more.

pic related lads

>1776

I was born in small city and always wanted to live in Prague, then I lived there for 2 years, it was nightmare. Now I'm living in country house I inherited after my father died, yes I have to drive 45 miles to work but god it's worth it.
As you said
>clean air
>nature everywhere
>literally no noise
>etc.
Not to mention that I don't pay anything except property tax which is 30$ a year and electricity bills.

A large chunk of city or high metropolitan areas usually contains a large population that's never left their microcosm. I live in the most populated state in this union but had based parents who would take me out and explore the states for vacation. You gain an appreciation for the differences in people and in country by traveling.

People who don't travel, or only travel to places that share their worldview, have no room to talk. They just swap climates.

Cities are behavioural sinks. You can't smell the piss of a million other men but your brain knows, your chances are slim to none. Why do you think only one orangutan at a time grows the ear flaps?

tldr op

but any city with over 25% nigger population (almost all major cities) is shit.

Find a comfy white city.

>except property tax which is 30$ a year
Sweet.
I'm in much the same position but my property taxes are about $2500/y, on a $240,000 parcel.
In Maryland.

Why do people live in cities anyway when there is so much land.

Lack of jobs is basically it. Theres a feedback loop, more people live in the cities so people start their businesses there, which means more jobs are in the cities so more people move there, and so on. Meanwhile small rural towns atrophy through lack of opportunity for the youth.

I prefer living in a small town, but you basically give up any hope of having a decent career by staying here. You're a cashier for life.

I live in a city and I like having the shops and jobs and friends nearby and transport links stuff but as I've gotten older I would really like to live in the welsh countryside just because whenever I've been there it's so open and there's no people getting in your way and it just makes me happy

>Find a comfy white city.
How do you avoid the feds section 8-ing it with niggers?

I've been thinking about this a lot recently. Been in London all my life and I'm fucking sick of it (polluted, massive over population, shit transport, too expensive, dirty). Would love to have some kind of a remote job and live out in the countryside. Anyone on Sup Forums ever done remote work?

>$240k
how much land? that's about what my ~8ac is worth. my parents home, built in the '70s, literally falling apart on 1/4 acre in a trendy Austin neighborhood, sold for more than double that a few years ago.

well it's hard. but you need to choose a city out of bus range of nigger cities.

for example most of the formerly comfy white cities of iowa are being ruined due to the easy bus ride from chicago.

missoula, montana does not suffer from this problem.

well my paycheck is 1150$ monthly, but it's pretty low tax I agree
That is fucked up, it's like popping herpes sore in hope it will heal faster. It's better to lost one city(Detroid?) to ghouls than have them all over the country isn't it?

There's a home on 3 acres.
Southern Maryland, rural, on a family farm.
House dated to 1971, 3 bed 2 bath full basement.

All in all I don't find the taxes oppressive.
I'd rather pay property taxes than income taxes.

This.
Rural is much better than cities.

Can Big Donald fix this?

I just moved out of a major city to a small rural town about 10 days ago and so far I love it, its like going back in time. Everybody is white, friendly, smiling, no crime, no bums, no rampant drug use on the street, no "diversity", no blue haired lesbians and in our face faggots, lots of Christian churches...Its beautiful and I wish I moved here earlier.

that sounds super comfy
I have a 3-2 doublewide on slab, mostly woods, and a barn. I'm working on a big permaculture garden. Its basically paradise.

It's fine by my standards. I've lived in urban areas(B-W corridor) and I honestly find no saving grace for any of it.
The people are actually less intelligent. They think their "street smarts" is actually intelligence, but in reality all it really boils down to is loose and unpolished negotiating ability.
Also, country nigs are way better behaved than city nogs.

I go to MIR during the drag season and it's always DC nigs causing fights. The Charles/St.Mary's/Calvert nigs never seem to stir up trouble.
You can tell city blacks from country ones by the tone of their voices and how they dress.

I honestly cannot put any value on urbanites. All of them could just up and die overnight and my life and the lives of my family and others in the area would mostly be unchanged.
But if even the country black folk here disappeared, there would be real problems due to the sudden labor breaks. Not that we couldn't fill the roles, but it would be very disruptive.
We don't need city people, but the city people seem to need us.

BTW, I have an M.Sc in chemical engineering, and I cannot tell you how many times I had to aid my fellow students from urban backgrounds in doing labwork.
It's like basic logic doesn't apply to the brain of those from city areas. Maybe that's why they suck at making meth.

>Why the vitriol?

Urban people aren't represented at the federal level.

95% of the time, republicans control congress and the supreme court and the last president who was elected by the cities was Bill Clinton. So they're getting quite pissed off, and understandably so.

Because they are morons who still live in the past. It's true that living in cities was better centuries ago, but with today's means of transportation and easy access to information through the Internet this idea is no longer valid

Used to work in London and Berlin in IT.
Moved back to my town in west-central Hungary, bought a house cash and work freelance

>That is fucked up, it's like popping herpes sore in hope it will heal faster. It's better to lost one city(Detroid?) to ghouls than have them all over the country isn't it?

The kikes do it on purpose under the guise of altruism, but they really want more dependents on the state. Same reason why the kike overlords want endless waves of niggers into white lands.

Removing all benefits to single mom niggers will be a step in the right direction, along with the wall.

I lived in Manhattan for about two years. I was able to get into a Stuy Town rent controlled 1 bedroom apartment on 16th Street and 1st Ave for about $1250 a month. Even ten years ago that was considered insanely cheap.

In the end, I left because you are literally paying for the privilege of calling yourself a New Yorker.

>Why do so many people seem to view people who live in cities as intrinsicly better than people who live in rural areas?

I have always thought the reverse.

You pay $208 a month for the 'privilege' of owning your OWN land. You must continually REBUY YOUR OWN LAND every 96 years. Property taxes are the greatest thing jews ever invented. A wealth tax on the ONE thing that middle class people might be able to afford during their lifetimes.

(ON TOPIC)

People in cities are cut off from reality. City services allow them to live in a virtual fantasy land, where their decisions rarely affect them until the moment of total disaster. Rural people can quickly see the results of stupid decisions. Also rural people tend to be in PRODUCTIVE industries (farming, mining), while the vast majority of city people are in PARASITIC industries (lawyers, government, service). City people look down on ALL productive work. They have permanent "Jew brain".

property tax is levied at the local level, it goes to pay for things like roads and fire departments

that's super cool, user.

t. Styrian in Vienna who still hates it, even after 10 years of living there.

Missoula is a liberal shithole. That useless university is like a cancer that spreads to the rest of the city. The only idiots in all Montana ASKING for refugees is in Missoula. Also, child molesters.

When Montana is finally 'culturally enriched' you can bet it was the traitors in Missoula who did it.

Why is it that city dwellers tend to be so left wing? How do we get rid of this toxic mentality?

I get full itemization on the bill. It's a rural county, and the bulk of the taxes go to the school system which also happens to be one of the top performers in the state.
I'm a libertarian for the most part. I'd prefer not to pay taxes but as long as the money isn't wasted on fool shit(and it's not in my case) I won't become hostile. I get to take a deferment due to allowing part of my property to be farmed(spinach and sorghum), the fee I get I apply to the taxes.

Part of being civilized is the civic duty of negotiation and the handshake. Being an adult is understanding this.
I prefer as little government as possible and we basically get that where I live. They leave us be and we cause no issues.
It's classic civilization at it's proper function.

having lived in several big cities (currently Austin, prior Colorado Springs) and smaller cities (olympia, cheyenne) i have to say that one stands a better chance of getting good jobs in a smaller town. there are also fewer homeless. and fewer drug addicts.

the benefits of a large city? i guess a more diffuse food network.

In my state property taxes mostly pays for SCHOOLS.

Wanna guess which city service is the best paid, and worst performing, and can NEVER have it's budget cut? And if you put you kids in a private school you still pay property taxes so you get to pay twice for decent education.

Government loves property tax because it's hardest to avoid with behavior changes. The property tax board is exactly like the mafia.'
>Lost your job? "Fuck you, pay me"
>Got sick? "Fuck you, pay me"
>Need to move for work but can't sell your home? "Fuck you, pay me (and then they confiscate your house)"

speaking of schools, the social contract should be required reading by age 10

cont...

Good:
Walking distance to dozens of bars and restaurants
Walking distance to convenience stores and coffee shops
Owning a car is not necessary

Bad:
Dependent on mass transit for work
Mass transit sucks in bad weather
Mass transit is just as expensive as owning a car
Mass transit unreliable
Convenience stores are expensive as fuck. $4 for 1/2 gallon of milk
Have to walk a couple of block to proper supermarket
Supermarkets are still expensive
Can only buy what you can carry unless you get one of those faggot folding shopping carts
City smells like garbage and rotten dead pigeon
Homeless people everywhere
Security varies block by block
Traffic noise all night long

>It's a rural county
You've never had the pleasure of paying property taxes in a city then. We are nothing more than tax cattle to be bled until we die here.

A decent house in a neighborhood where you won't be killed in the front yard is 500k (1/10 acre) and property taxes are approaching 1.5%/year = $6,000+ a year. For schools that are filled with niggers and 40% can't speak English (bused in for 'diversity', to spread the shit around).

No ag breaks. No putting a few head of cattle on your land and to get a 90% reduction in tax bill, here. No complaining to city council about how money is spent. They just spent 125 million for a new library for homeless people to shit and jerk off in, and are getting ready to give a billionaire another 600 million for a fucking useless football stadium that no one wants.

i thought most city people are stupid

Me too
I was born in the midwest . I've lived in Bermuda, Morocco, Atlanta, San Diego and San Francisco .

Now I live back in the midwest. Nobody flips you off . No road rage . In a town of 30k I saw one hillbag yard sign.

Living in a large city its dog eat dog, and monkey see, monkey do. And a constant search for a nicer, cheaper place to live amid the shithole of existence .

Funny I moved to the city to get away from meth heads and actually have a chance at a decent job. This isn't 1970s and most inner cities have gentrified so heavily you wouldn't even recognize them from 10 years ago. I guess if you prefer to sit on your ass in a car for the rest of your life and deal with no job opportunities, a shit economy, nothing to do, and meth heads/heroin addicts that's your choice. Honestly you're deluding yourself if you honestly think rural America is the preferred place to be in 2016, or you haven't actually experienced it.

Farmers are a very small percentage of rural people. Most people in rural areas are fat welfare queens that work at wal mart or burger king

>traffic
>smells like gasoline
Car centric "cities" are shit tier at best

I feel sorry for you Americans.

Boston and san Francisco (although SF is a bit too cucked) are far below 25% black

Alao are you blind? Thats not a fucking city. Thats a suburb

>You're a cashier for life.
what's so bad about that ?
Not erryone can be ceo of google.
Not erryone wants to.

"I wish I lived on a mountaintop and slept in a tent, and my only problem was a rock under my sleeping bag."
Eugene MacFarland P-61 pilot WWII.

Fucking McTriggered. I would have responded if you weren't samefagging

Dude what you're saying can easily be applied to how people in the country view city slickers. So why all the vitriol from shitty rednecks?

>food is expensive
>not shopping in chinatown amd getting everything cheap as fuck
>not biking everywhere

rural area people are the real Americans and the reason Trump will be the president.
we have all the food and almost all the guns.

big city libfucks thumb their noses at us call us hicks flyover states etc then chimp out when we voted for a guy that actually seems to give at least a bit of a fuck about us.

>n...no u
butthurt cityslicker detected
enjoy starving when shit hits the fan

Not what samefagging means. Stay shart in mart fatty
This. EVERYONE in rural areas is a druggy.

>How do you avoid the feds section 8-ing it with niggers?
dey won't last there for very long .
nobody to sell crack too.
first time they shoplift , they go back to jail , and lose the section ape apt.

Besides, President Elected Trump will squash that gig and erryone on welfare will be drug tested .
inbf "dat's raciss"

rural lifestyle is king

prior to information age, the other way around was true but not any more

>implying people who live rural (lets be honest most are semi-rural depending on your definition) don't judge the fuck out of "city folk"

Maybe you are from the city and have heard more of that side or the jew media likes the narrative but it goes both ways.

>I enjoy living around feminist whores, angry nonwhites, and effeminate hipster men. Big cities are da best plus they have culture. Culture is coffee shops and jazz nights and shitty bars. Rural people r racist

Lmao faggots. I stargazed last night because there's so little light pollution in my area. Enjoy your nigger riots, city cucks.

The People's Republic of Missoula Montana should not be entered by any self respecting white man.

I live in central Copenhagen. The city proper has maybe 600,000 inhabitants, and with the surrounding urban area maybe 1,100,000 inhabitants. It's alright cause its close to uni and my job, plus I live in one of the nicer areas, but I would go for my rural birthplace, a small village in the country side, any day.

Love having a huge garden, a forest and fields basically in my back yard and just lots of space and nice comfy housing

If the hicks weren't obsessed with hating communism they could take a leaf out of Mao's book and starve the cities into submission if they wanted to.

But no, gotta make those Wall Street Jews their money ain't ya? Building their gold thrones with your labour while they literally laugh at you and their media buddies ridicule you daily.

How (((diverse))) is Copenhagen?

I was born and live in one of the worst boroughs of London.

AMA.

Amen. Fully two of the five schools in my city are nothing but daycare centers for trainee welfare queens and drug dealers, and of course whenever it's time to vote on upping the school levy it's "OH LARD LOOK AT THESE POOR CHILLUNS WE NEED MO MONEY FO DEM PROGRAMS" and everyone buys it.

I like Vienna but I wouldn't live there thats for sure
Some people are not made to live in a city I guess I'm one of them despite being born in city.

I also forgot to say that the village I live in is surrounded by forests where Psilocybes and cranberries are abudant, I love cranberries

My dream is to get rich quick (financial sector) so when I reach 40-45yo I can buy a nice ranch and live off of it.
I was raised in a 100k city but I have family who live in the countryside (poultry and eucalyptus farming) and it's great, feels like true freedom.

>I left because you are literally paying for the privilege of calling yourself a New Yorker.
Why would anyone want to do that ?

Not diverse at all really, certainly not compared to any other big cities in (Western) Europe

Even the most (((diverse)))) boroughs such as Norrebro are still 70 % + white - and that's where all the brown people live, so stay clear and you'll be good.

Can't remember the last time I saw a brown person and I live in a very central (but nice) part of the city