Germany to fine fake news

Explain yourself germany

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/12/facebook-fake-news-germany-threatens-new-law-big-fines/

>Social media sites must kill hoaxes within 24 hours, offer prominent corrections.
>"Market dominating platforms like Facebook will be legally required to build a legal protection office in Germany that is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year,"
>"If, after appropriate examination, Facebook does not delete the offending message within 24 hours, it should expect individual fines of up to 500,000 euros," Oppermann said. The subject of a fake news story would be able to demand a correction published with similar prominence, he added.

That's what happens when people are too dumb to vote FDP.

vote AfD you faggots, goddammit save europe already you fucking cucks.

The AfD won't support freedom of press.

>FDP
>literally responsible for the transfer union

its because it seems like a lot of the internet users in Germany read news on facebook.
Yes, your pic is related to these "humans"

On the other side could this be used to control the internet and the first step to establish a China-tier censorship.

quote me that part from their program please

its to combat russian "Feindpropaganda".

I believe it's more of dickfight with companies like Facebook.

They affect people's life more and more and the government wants to limit them.

wut

All of these tech companies should just leave Germany. If they give into this bullshit every country is going to start making individual demands. It will be unmanageable.

Why would they put it in their program?

>literally less free than some islamic shithole
>oh wait

Does this count for all fake news?

Or just for the "fake" news the "beloved" government considers fake news?

In the former case, I guess facebook should ban everything published by the state-media. And by the remaining mass media.

In the latter case, welcome censorship.

It is managable. Just costly.

God forbids someone might have to hire additional personal. Their margins are way too low for that!111

>literally less free than some islamic shithole
>oh wait

Merkel needs some more time.
I'm sure Sharia laws are planned as well.
Gotta ban Christmas too, so that "we" don't offend some poor rapefugee like that truck driver.

Soon it will actually be worse.

Bullshit, do you honestly believe they are unaware of the influence of social media and how they lost control of the narrative they had an iron fisted grip on for a hundred years. Besides who decides what's fake news? I kind of like thinking for myself, don't you?

thats sugar though lmao at least use something credible like baking soda or powdered sugar
>lol

This could be turned on it's head you know. Wait for MSM to publish article pushing government narrative with untruth...

I was gonna say.

> Open and manage facebook accounts with proxies in countries with strict freedom of speech rules.
> Post fake news from there.
> Facebook gets fined either way, if it censors or it allows the news.

>Besides who decides what's fake news?
Fucking this, how is this taking off in the slightest? People should be screaming at the top of their lungs that the news is whatever they want it to be. Nobody decides what fucking "news" is

So does that mean news outlets won't be able to report news and use sources from facebook, twitter, whatever, just so they can get the early scoop?