Let's talk about the Navy

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_23_frigate
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's gay

Let's talk about sex baby

That's not an American ship.

So what are cruisers used for?

This thread is now for countries with a Blue Water Navy and those who are soon to be Blue Water.

USA, UK, France, and Japan only.

no

Air Defense is the primary mission of the Ticonderoga Class Guided Missile Cruiser. The combination of the AEGIS system, AN/SPY-1 Radar, and over 120 VLS canisters makes them among the best warships in the world.

Posting more boats

Fuck you :)

Let's talk about you and me

>Air Defense

No that's the primary purpose for Destroyers.

Maybe in 1944, but in 2016 Destroyers are multi-role warships. Ticos are purpose built to shoot shit down.

Why are the Littoral ships so full of fucking problems? McCain was right, those defense contractor shits can get away with anything.

Sailorfag here, was stationed on a Nimitz class aircraft carrier. Worked in the combat information center (CIC). AMA.

Hello friends former Navy here enjoy some OC

I saw on kikebook this morning that Fox Business did an article on change.org petition to name that ship the USS Deplorables

So what is the primary purpose of cruisers?

Because we decided we wanted them to do too many jobs, and have now decided that we are going to scrap the modularity (the big selling point for an undergunned, under ranged FFG). Now, all LCS are going to maintain a set mission module rather than switch out, because as it turns out having to jump from boat to boat to boat has a bad effect on morale.

M I S S L E S

are you afraid of u-boats?

Let's talk about all the good things and the bad things

>japan
>navy
japan maritime self defense force pls ;3

Cruisin

They shoot down things in atmosphere with SM-2 and SM-6 missiles, things in space with SM-3 missiles, things on the surface with Harpoons, SM-2s, and 5" shells, and shoot things underwater with RUM-139 ASROCs.

I remember seeing a thread on /k/ that aircraft carriers are obsolete and are the battleships of the modern era, that is you pay X amount of cash for one of them, instead of 20 smaller ships that are more effective in war and peace, and cost less to field.

Not really, I was on the west coast and we really only trained for combat against a few countries. New Somalia wasn't one of them.

Stop fucking around with Izumo and Hyuga class baby dick "Helicopter Destroyer" carriers, and build some real carriers.

Let's talk about bee movie

fuck, wrong pic.

If anyone is wondering though, that's the Mizzou at the top and the Alaska below it.

Leeeeeeet's talk about sex

let's talk about sex

>u-boats
I meant submarines in general, the German word for submarine is "U Boot"

THE GREATEST NAVY ON EARTH IS THE SWISS NAVY

RESPECT
>RESPECT
RESPECT
>RESPECT

Let's talk about the Canberra class LHD.

What is a... Navy?

>things in space with SM-3 missiles

You mean satellites?

its bigger than or navy

Satellites and Ballistic Missiles. Maybe a space shuttle if they get miss identified.

Hey fag, do these two beauties count?

The navy is going to fall apart in the near future. The policies and integration of women is making it weaker and weaker by each passing year.

Could you run Harriers/F-35B off that with no modifications to the flight deck?

It's like the boats you have on rivers, except they can go ALL AROUND THE WORLD :D

World of warships players detected

Lets talk about that fucking curved ramp :'^(

A little bit a little bit

HUR DUR >RAMP LET US IGNORE HOW SLINGS DON'T WORK IN COLD WEATHER LOL.

>ramp

And satanic religions have been allowed, welcoming edgy bipolar retards into the navy.

is it not gay if you are underway?

>/k/
>anything but OPERTHURRRR RPfags

what carrier is that? how old is that picture?

Sounds like magic.

>frigates

You do know they aren't used anymore right?

Navy is a color.

YOU ARE ALL SLAVES

The only true virtue in this life is the virtue of a Pirate. For yee are not Men if you haven't embraced the vast and open corridors of the sea. You're not free, yes, for you have not experienced the true meaning of Freedom, Liberty & Swift Justic. For a pirate's oath is bound to his brothers and men in arms, for he alone understands that the only place a woman belongs is in a Brothel.

Yes, There are few of us who still live lives as bandits, rising against the aggression of oppression, the hive-mindset of doctored constitutions & altered virtues of Corporate Men. You are not a MAN if thou does not yield the ability to test his might and take what is rightfully yours!

What good is a Man if he has not seen the scars of battles against both evil men and tidal waves? There is a certain fragnance to be at sea, besides your mates, whole lotta rum & plenty of booty (both kinds)

DENOUNCE YOUR WAY OF LIFE AND RISE TODAY AS THE BANDIT PIRATE OF YESTER CENTURY, FOR ITS NEVER TOO LATE TO EMBRACE THE SEA

Not 5 time bigger tho, like is should be.

Your country is 38x bigger than ours though...

This attacks the very foundation of the navy which is lots of greasy men together in an enclosed space for months on end.

Whats the ship with sails on the right?

Yeah, they launch fixed wings like F-35s right?

Ramps are fine to fit the RN's needs, but their next design should be CATOBAR.

It's an Aussie Canberra LHD. Not a glorious flattop US LPD.

Nothing more American than dying for Israel.

I see. In that case, the answer is still no. We had a pretty solid group of ASW (anti sub warfare) guys on our ship, and I was personally in charge of the countermeasures we had on board. I don't think we could have been better prepared.

excuse me?

>wave knight
>wave ruler

Anime as fuck.

Yes they are you fucking nonce.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_23_frigate

Actually true. All the expeditionary combat rates have ladies in them now.
Next stop spec war.

why do you guys do that thing where the name of a ship has to start with the same letter as the first letter of the ship type? seems a little autistic to me

It's only queer of you're by the pier.

Reclaim Albania, Montenegro or B&H and you too can enjoy the magic that is the NAVY!

>pretending your boats do anything but take mediterranean cruises

>76 / 31 / 33 / ? [
you call that a jpg?

F-35B's m8. There is no reason for us to go CATOBAR yet.

I have a strange and inordinate love for the Seawolf class. I know they're basically useless in the modern political climate, but there's something so attractive about a super attack sub.

BOOM

Only 3 nations use CATOBAR. USA, France and Brazil. Ramps are the right choice for the RN, especially with the F-35 we're getting.

We're probably never going to build anything neat again after these. We just want the aircraft carriers to One-Up France.

>Reclaim Albania, Montenegro or B&H
We just need Republika Srpska for now, small steps.

Oh so frigates are designed for anti-submarine warfare,

I thought that was for cruisers

Reform the Austro-Hungarian Empire and then you too can be a global power and have a Navy.

>All Hornets
No older than 10 years old, likely newer. It looks like 71 on the end of the flight deck, but can't tell.

Are you talking about the USN needing to be 5x larger or the RN needing to be 5x larger? The USN could function with a size increase of about 50%, but after that it starts to get too big.

Only about 5x the Population and similar in GDP.

Constellation.

For a few yes,

our current Trident subs are the Vanguard-class

so they are called

Hms Vanguard
Hms Victorious
Hms Vigilant
Hms Vengeance

We don't build cruisers.

na just because your population is 5 times greater than ours

Because you wanted do-everything ship.

>letting Kosovo get away

SERBIA DOMINATION WHEN?

Hey don't talk shit about Izumo chan!

>ramp
lol

B-but Kosovo is a part of Serbia...

I was in it for 6 years. I am glad I am not in it anymore.

Cruisers are normally bigger than destroyers, Hms Belfast is a 'Light Cruiser' and its fucking huge

I don't think ppl build them anymore

>yfw nobody will build a giant battleship for shits and giggles and put insanely large railguns on them

WHY FUCKING LIVE?