Who here Deist master race?

Who here Deist master race?

> Religion BTFO because deists completely expose them and religious people can't counter because deists still believe in a god
> Atheism BTFO because they have less things (like holy books) to act smug on and atheists can't counter because deists still believe in science

Also consider

> Religion: VenomFangX, Mike Huckabee, Duck Dynasty cast, Andy Schlafly, Sarah Palin, CrusaderCat, CWC, Jack Chick, Al Sharpton, Peter Popoff, 99% of cuckservatives, 50% of degenerates
> Atheism: TheAmazingAtheist, FakeSagan, Rebecca Watson, PZ Myers, RationalWiki mods, 99% of SJWs, 9% of FreethoughtBlogs, "Brights" movement, Brian Sapient, Coughlan666, 50% of degenerates
> Deism: Gottfried Leibniz, Max Planck, Neil Armstrong, Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, Leonardo da Vinci, Jules Verne, Thomas Paine, Rodrigo Duterte, Wolfgang Pauli

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8XCWP4pODbs
youtube.com/watch?v=SeYLP3R7tRw
youtube.com/watch?v=pnkCfg45izc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

deism = agnostic

I'd meme that frog

I wanna fug that frog

No it's not. Deism is the belief that there is a higher power. Agnosticism is the possibility of a higher power.

Deist master race reporting in.

We all do, i came here just to say this btw.

>literally "just left my former abrahamic religion" tier
if anything pantheism is the master race
the final and ultimate red-pill is non-duality and it doesn't matter which path/religion do you choose

I want to engage in sexual intercourse with that amphibian of the order "Anura".

Pantheism is for atheists that want to believe in a higher power, thus call the universe "God"

It's a transitional state that atheists go through before reaching theism, or going back

thanks for bumping up my thread

I'm a Pagan/Satanist not a cuck Deist
What system of morality could you find when the attributes of your God are blank
How does a diest God help you feel better if it has no attributes/is indifferent

could you elaborate what you mean by higher power?
because to me drawing a line between higher power and not-higher power seems retarded

Just keep posting more frog and we won´t complain.

no problem famalama

>tfw no frog gf

DELET THIS

>skydaddy belief got btfo so hard they just go oh yeah he does nothing with the universe he created lal
Friendly reminder there is no afterlife

As a fellow Deist, I shall elaborate.
Higher powers are those that dwell outside of our own existence of space-time.
Immortal beings that perhaps study the universe much like a biologist would study an ecosystem.

> What system of morality could you find when the attributes of your God are blank

The Deist God allowed humanity to develop such that we can find morality within nature, such that we are able to treat others "objectively correct" without having to resort to holy books, which pretty much espouse the same basic moral codes although it adds cultural aspects (that, when it collides with philosophical questions, becomes a religion)

> How does a diest God help you feel better if it has no attributes/is indifferent

What do you mean by "feel better"? A Deist God does not imply lack of purpose in life, or lack of other beliefs (such as a soul, afterlife, free will, etc.).

Essentially, a Creator, much in the sense of a theistic creator (hence, why we aren't labeled as Ietsists, Pantheists, or Atheists). When we mean "higher power", it's the same as some creator, opposed to a "non-higher power" like a random physical event that caused the Big Bang (we don't oppose the Big Bang, we just challenge the catalyst of the Big Bang, as some atheists attribute the Big Bang to quantum fluctuations that occurred in a supposed "nothingness")

its ok friends

>not being a gnostic christian
>2016

Not enough frogs in this thread

Gnosticism is functionally impossible.
Thinking you know =/= Knowing

anyone who is serious about pursuing religion/spirituality and doesn't satisfy himself with simply beliefs and labels for the sake of having coherent model of reality inevitably arrives at non-duallity
gnosticism is knowing through unknowing
it's the christian path to non-duality, it's not knowing through thinking and mind but through direct awarness

>non-duality.

Fuck, just become a nihilist. We'll still control you via the Hegelian dialectic.

Religion =/= Deism

Religion claims that we have an intervening God, which isn't the case (as of yet, at least, I'm still open to the possibility). You got the exact definition of deism, I don't see why you think it's flawed

> Friendly reminder there is no afterlife

There are still arguments for dualism. Also, what exists if there is no afterlife? Nothingness? Because "nothingness" is not a state or location, it is impossible because once we give attributions to a state of being, it no longer is "nothingness", and we give it properties that may be observed when there can't be observation (ex. we describe it as a dark void, but how can it be dark if we have no vision?)

Just as it is easy to dissect the afterlife, it's somewhat difficult but still possible to dissect "nothingness".

Also consider the irrationality behind suicide because "there is nothingness". We say that all organisms are bound by biological imperatives (such as reproduction) to continue living despite what anti-afterlife-ists say, but we are intelligent enough to override this imperatives that other animals are bound to, so why aren't we more driven to death if "nothing matters"? We can supposedly rationalize suicide within our only live, so why don't we do it? "Because we don't want to waste our only opportunity of existence" - so, who cares, it won't matter? You can live a short life or a long one under this assumption, but it won't matter

ok

>Religion claims that we have an intervening God
no you're only talking about some interpretations of abrahamic religions and few non-abrahamic ones

What if I think that the big bang created the universe and the universe is god that shows in and manifests through all the natural laws?

You can't have direct awareness of God, gnosticism is arrogance.

Be lewder

Non-dualism arose from Eastern philosophy, so you should be cautious as to what terms are approached by both Eastern and Western philosophical systems in different ways. For example, "experience" in the West isn't actual insight into transcend realities, it is a grasping of an understanding of actual reality (interpretation, in other words, instead of labeling transcendence on natural phenomena like in the Eastern religions like Hinduism and Shintoism where non-duality arose in)

Deism is the belief that God only made the universe and that's it. Theism, all religions that fall under it, imply that this God governs things directly instead of letting nature have it's own direction

That sounds like pantheism, something that someone here talked about

sure thing, friend

I want to fuck the frog.

you don't take non-duality as a philosophy or another system of beliefs, that way you're completely missing the point
both traditions talk about the same thing, the differences are due to cultured and the flawed nature of language

Argue why you think the intelligence is more inherent to reality than the universe itself, and then we'll talk.

I want Frog girl to cherry my dick with her beliefs

Apparently, that's a big criticism of non-duality though

Differences in terminology of spiritual terms, as well as meanings and interpretations of what is and isn't spiritual.

Whose intelligence? That of a god or that of humanity?

I want to feel her diddily in my benirino haha

I wonder what her tongue smells like haha

1.shut up, sit down meditate and do self inquiry
2.realize that the self is an illusion
3.become one with everything
that's what non duality is about, It doesn't matter if you do it the hindu, buddhist, christian on even native american way

what is the name of the frog
have the best snek
my waifu for ever

tsu

>Whose intelligence? That of a god or that of humanity?
The concept of deism or theism seems rather rooted in the idea that the function of intelligence transcends the form and physical laws that allow for that function. If an intelligence created the universe then intelligence is more fundamental to reality than the universe itself. I see no reasoning behind this.

ty based slovac

>realize that the self is an illusion
a pleasant illusion, though. We WANT to be deluded. Otherwise we never would have split ourselves off from the godhead in the first place.

it's not pleasant, it's literally source of all suffering, as long you don't realize it, it's your prison
once you're enlightened, it becomes your home you can leave and return to any time

You're the same frog girl poster from the other threads right? the one that i ask to get lewder and lewder as time goes on?

I never wanted to breed with anyone more than I want to with Frog Girl

The perfect, curvy body. Those bountiful breasts. The child bearing hips of a literal goddess. It honestly fucking hurts knowing that I'll never mate with her, pass my genes through her, and have her birth a set of perfect offspring.

I'd fucking do ANYTHING for the chance to get Frog girl pregnant.

A N Y T H I N G.

And the fact that I can't is quite honestly too much.

Words cannot describe the utter amount of cum that gets accumulated everytime you post a picture of her on the tip of my dick. I cannot stand this god damn semen seeking vapid invader, the way she looks so clueless all the time just forces me to fap raw.

I want to get her clothes off and feel her forbidden tongue licking my exploding dick all over, her frog tongue nibbling the neck to glands while i kiss her adorable little frogish nipples.. her cute girlish frog mouth and toungue wrapped around my thick cock slick with her saliva, pumping in and out of mouth until it erupts, the cum more than her little throat can swallow.

My thick viscous semen overflowing her mouth innerWalls as my dick gets 10th taller and moving on spreading her smooth slender thighs, getting my cock poised at the entrance to her pure, tight, virginal pussy, and thrusting in deep as a whimper escapes her lips which are slippery with cum, while her hoppy body shudders from having her cherry taken in one quick stroke.

build the wall taconigger

1. OK, what's that supposed to do?

2. How so? This then brings the problem of a future recreation of myself: if "self" is an illusion generated by physiological functions that are based on a neurological structure (how my brain is wired and built), then in the future, if they recreate that structure and thus recreate the physiological functions that cause the so-called illusion of self (and thus ANY individuality), why shouldn't I believe that I will come back from the dead one day?

3. Same as number 1, what is that supposed to do or even mean?

I see what you are talking about. When I first heard about it, I thought it was the opposite of dualism (in other words, pure materialism), and I still see it kind of the same way although nonduality seems to be from an Eastern approach.

So essentially, you don't see how materialistic approaches to intelligence can be flawed. However, we can only talk about intelligence from the lifeforms we can observe (neuroscience). You seem to think that deists believe that the neuroscientific view of intelligence is supposed to be applied to the intelligence of a god. That is, intelligence is the same fundamental property through the universe, from butterflies all the way up to a god. Let's pretend that we do know that a non-materialistic god exists; why should materialist neuroscience (or any material property) be a property of a non-material entity? There is no reason for us to even imply that a creator is bound to the properties of its creation

It may or nay not be pleasant. If you somehow go straight into nihilism after "losing self", I imagine it sucks. I find that to be a weird thing though, as I don't really know what "losing that illusion" means as it seems to be subjective; some people say meditation, some people say use LSD for "Ego death", etc.

Nope, not the same frogposter, sorry. There are different ones

My brother can tie nots with cherry stems in his mouth. Maybe it's not hard. I've never tried.

Is this the new pasta?

ah, but suffering is the source of all that is pleasant, and vice versa! I like that you call it a "home" though. That feels fitting.

I used LSD. I was formerly an atheist. Psychedelics are the best way to convert people like myself. Meditation just isn't shocking enough; it takes too long.

>So essentially, you don't see how materialistic approaches to intelligence can be flawed. However, we can only talk about intelligence from the lifeforms we can observe (neuroscience). You seem to think that deists believe that the neuroscientific view of intelligence is supposed to be applied to the intelligence of a god. That is, intelligence is the same fundamental property through the universe, from butterflies all the way up to a god. Let's pretend that we do know that a non-materialistic god exists; why should materialist neuroscience (or any material property) be a property of a non-material entity? There is no reason for us to even imply that a creator is bound to the properties of its creation
You are asking me why why a non-physical intelligence would be comparable to physical intelligence. I'm asking you what would suggest intelligence can be non-physical.

At this point one might as well be suggesting that the act of toasting bread transcends the physical laws that make the toaster possible.

>amorphous strawman - the belief system

It doesn't matter what you are, because the only thing that seems to matter to you is making sure that you justify your feelings of superiority over literally everyone else. You're clearly lacking in conviction and faith and are unwilling to take a solid stand on anything and you mask it under a veil of smugness. Sad!

>The best way to convert rational people to theism is to give them drugs such that they hallucinate.
user, stop this. You do not walk the path of the hero.

have you tried them yourself?

the point is to break the person's rationality. That sounds a bit violent, so maybe substitute "force them to acknowledge the limits of reason." This is really no different from the Zen method of sitting zazen and studying koans -- you push your mind further and further until you hit the point of DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Yes, it is a hallucination -- and you will recognize that it's a hallucination afterwards -- but that doesn't mean it's not a worthwhile experience. It's value lies in making rational people admit, "I can't explain what the fuck just happened to me."

I think this is a very good explanation from secular scientific pov youtube.com/watch?v=8XCWP4pODbs
in short It exercises your frontal cortex increasing your ability to focus and concentrate which allows you to have insights
enlightenment is permanent ego death, what LSD does is that it expands your awareness for short amount of time, which allows you to see through the illusion
once the trip's over your level of awareness returns to normal and your ego arises again
that's where the suffering and nihilism comes in

>the point is to break the person's rationality
This is not the path of light. This is the path of darkness you walk.

I am, but I don't want to sound like an edgelord about it.

>believe in God
>believe everything else is debatable
>always hated going to church

If anyone ever asks my religion, I guess I'd say "I believe in God and that's about it,". I'd say something about always trying to be a good person, but I don't really think that has much to do with religion.

My family sometimes tip their crosses at me for not ever going to church, and I've really only had maybe one or two atheists tip their fedoras at me.

>once the trip's over your level of awareness returns to normal and your ego arises again
>that's where the suffering and nihilism comes in
you say that likes it's a bad thing
Ego is a requirement if you want to create anything interesting in this world. If you are free, unbound, enlightened, then it's hard to really care about reality. It becomes "just a game I'm playing," and you don't have any skin in the game.
I'm not gonna knock the people who want to pursue that -- but don't knock the people who want to play here either.

not an argument

Well, that escalated quickly

I'm an atheist and I always liked going to church. What kind of church did you go to? I was Lutheran.

There is only one God and it is Everything.
You are all conscious beings, come from Nothing to the potential of Everything.

Reality is ours. Treat it like you deserve it.
If you deserve it, truly, it shall be.

it's back in the sense of prison

>not an argument
You are freely acknowledging that you are not trying to be rational. There is nothing to be argued.

Tsuyu-chan is cute! CUTE!

The kind where you have to stand for 30-45 minutes and sing, then shake hands with people, and then the guy up front talks for about 15 minutes and you leave.

A creator should be "intelligent" to create a universe. From there on, deism stops talking because we don't have any holy books or any other claims to God's nature. We can argue over the intelligence of humans in relation to dualism vs. materialism, but its implied that a non-physical entity shouldn't be bound to physical properties, otherwise it wouldn't be a non-physical entity and "easier to prove" - not that we are talking about whether we can prove a God or not (as we don't have a solid definition, location or tools to detect a "god force").

I can argue for dualism and flaws in materialism, but even then if we prove intelligence in humans is material or not, it doesn't apply to some ethereal entity that is non-material. Proving that there is a soul in humans MIGHT be support for the intelligence of an ethereal entity, but even then we must attribute the soul as a human property, and the possibility that it is exclusively human (or mortal, if you want to talk about animals).

That's essentially most threads on Sup Forums, I don't see why you are shocked

But what would "breaking through the illusion" do for me? How will I be guaranteed that I will find an objective answer, and won't dismiss it as temporary nihilism or even nothing at all?

He is right.
You do not walk the path of the hero, for your fear makes you falter in your footsteps.
Truly, have you not experienced the joy of hallucinogens and seen just how useless our minds can be at times and how we need to really put ourselves in stressful and anxietal places to show ourselves, just how intense the Starstorm can be.

That sounds like a Pentecostal church, but I can't speak for other denominations that might be like that

Yeah, I loathed the singing, but I loved the bible readings. I always figured if a story doesn't have a moral then what's the point? Also that 15 minutes you mentioned are when everyone at my church got donuts and all the kids played Pokemon together.

Yo, boy, play both, fool.
They are the same coin, eventually, OBVIOUSLY.
Or, do you know?
You do want to play here, oh, well then nevermind! My bad.
It's all about the fun of it. Each step grows me wonderfully as the spiral grows and grows and I become lighter, more carefree, more powerful, and more loving.

Life is suffering.

Damn you, I was gonna post that. Have some limes instead.

This.

She's only a wise girl. She has even been in the happiness stage of pure fertility yet, haha.

It sounds like you are conceding that you have no argument for God. I don't know though. You seem to be intentionally working yourself into a corner. You make it kind of clear you are merely supposing the existence of a god.

Materialism basically being that which can be experimentally demonstrated or logically inferred from other evidence, why should I believe in anything else?

youtube.com/watch?v=SeYLP3R7tRw

hasn't I meant

Dude, lay off the drugs for a few hours and understand context before posting. No one was even arguing that drugs were bad in general.

>Deist
>Not being Apatheist

>you will never taste froges saliva

I'd croak that penis persecutor

Well, consider that drugs instantly create a stress ceiling greater than your own, in psychoactives.
So, I would be arguing, and I didn't say you said drugs were bad. I said he was right in not fearing drugs.

Only those that fear drugs have reason to do so. There is no reason to fear psychoactives, as long as it's respected.

I don't know what counts as an argument for God. Deism usually goes into the belief that God was there at the beginning, and from there it's a "philosophical free-for-all".

For example, I can argue that we are living in the best of all possible worlds. A world that is best for only humans is the worst for other animals (since without disease and death and whatever, our population goes up and we kill more animals to get food), so we would have to "compromise" to have our current world, which is the best possible because no worst worlds can occur. A world that would be the worst for all living beings (which you would argue is the current one) would actually be one where we'd go through a mass extinction (death for everything, no life on Earth)

As for materialism, we can't say for certain that there exists some closure for the question of a God based on evidence, so we can only use logical and philosophical arguments until then (should that day ever come).

There is a big difference between "not fearing drugs" and saying drugs are the best solution to a specific problem that they clearly aren't.

Why has Asui been popping up on Sup Forums so much lately?

Or rather, if they weren't considered illegal and handled by mostly uneducated, poverty stricken people (which oddly has a weird agenda because many high profile people in the past experimented with LSD and other hallucinogens and found them groundbreaking, and they are), but they aren't inherently spiritual.
Everything is spiritual. They can just bring you through a spiritual process kicking and screaming. It's very hard to achieve and that on your own, if you haven't do it many times over and it makes those who do know how to do it, ramp it up to a x100.

You don't know what you're talking about. Try some drugs with people around, if you're scared. Get some good friends and chug a bottle of robo and try to not freak.

So if you believe in stuff that has no basis on real life observation of inference from those observations, then why do you specifically believe in God? What's that one logical argument for God that convinced you?

Also too lackadaisical to properly care about typing this all out.
Everyone should try to experiment with their psyche and rationality.
Just remember what's real and matters to you and you'll always be fine!

youtube.com/watch?v=pnkCfg45izc
related

>You don't know what you're talking about.
You don't even know the context of the discussion. You are just lashing out on the internet at someone who said "drugs aren't good for X".

>a board devoted to its frog memes
>a sexy frog heroine in a skintight body suit

It's not hard to connect the dots.

Oh yeah. Duh.

You've only personally attacked me, since we've met. I wonder what personal discussion you're having with me, then?
Maybe, I'm just trying to dodge it.
I might not pay attention to the details, but I know how things feel.
You don't know what you're talking about.

>You've only personally attacked me, since we've met.
No, I haven't. WTF.

> believe in science
I am just a passing athesist and not gonna involve myself in discussion, but can you just off yourself, you fucking degenerate nigger subhuman AIDS-bearing whoreson cunt?

I hear Russia has such a big problem with the public watering down every sentence they utter with swear words that they banned swears on television. Is that true?

>You are just lashing out on the internet at someone who said "drugs aren't good for X".
Literally didn't listen to my argument and put me down.
Yes, you did attack me.
>There is a big difference between "not fearing drugs" and saying drugs are the best solution to a specific problem that they
clearly aren't.

Yes, you did attack me. You are stopping the progress of the next piece of argument. That's called an attack.