How the hell is it legal to map out ridings/districts based on race?

How the hell is it legal to map out ridings/districts based on race?

it's based on party,
senators/representatives would rather have a constituency that fully supports them.

Is this a joke?

What's the issue? There is more population concentrated in that band than the red.

That does not mean it is okay.

Blacks vote 95% democrat

It's not anyone's fault that blacks are synonymous with the Democratic Party.

>oy vey you racists!

This one is not even fully connected!

It isn't, hence why these districts were overturned in court and have to be re-drawn in 2017. Republitards actually thought they'd get away with it.

because its a fake map made by fake news for the cuckservative audience

Gerrymandering based on party lines is perfectly legal.

Your racism obsessed brain is making a race issue out of a political problem.

Bigot.

why

You know it's bad when you've seen your own state used as literal textbook examples of gerrymandering.

>A fucking leaf
Trump should build a northern wall after the southern....

It's legal up to the point where politicians specifically say they are districting based on race, which the mouth-breathing Republitards in NC did.

NC 1, 4, and 12 were drawn by democrats.

I just did a paper on this. Massachusetts, where I live does the same thing. 30% of the state is Reublican but 0% of their representatives are. The districts are drawn to each dip into the greater Boston area or Springfield to make every district blue. Out west is very blue as well, I don't know why. But that area is used to make the republicans in the central areas of the state void.

I do not know about burgers but we were thought from young age 1 person 1 vote. This goes against it and manipulates it.

It is not a fault in democracy. It is the fault of your nation. In Canada we do not have this problem on this scale like burgers do.

Overlap these two maps and you get a permanent conservative minority with no voice in the government.

>The land of the """""""""""""""""free"""""""""""""""""
dog bless amerigga :DDDD

no they won't

the case will go to the Supreme Court and the true conservative Justice Cruz will rule it is perfectly legal

America isn't a democracy. The founding tards set up a system where most people's vote doesn't count.

>canadian
>thinks his opinion matters

go back to quebecistan

it's still the case, but instead of 50% of people unhappy with their representative, it's a much smaller amount, and since representatives represent the people in government, you want that representative's constituency to represent the people.

Look at some of California's districts and then get back to me. Drawn by a fully """""bi-partisan""""" commision, and they still manage to be less proportionately representative than gerrymandered states like Texas.

It's dead serious, I live in charlotte, my siblings who live 75 miles to the north east vote in the same district.

Somehow it wasn't racist when this district formed in the 1990s but is racist if anyone tries to change it now.

>How is gerrymandering legal

I actually agree with OP and do not think he exhibits homosexual tendencies.

Districts should be defined by an algorithm to ensure impartiality and break up voting blocs.

Literal hillcuck argument

maybe they dont like black people

i dont see you moving into a 95% black area

What's your problem with more representative representation, you shitlord? Without gerrymandering there would be no black representatives.

>Districts should be defined by an algorithm to ensure impartiality and break up voting blocs.

This

Oh pls stop it with your "Liberals are the real racists." meme

If I got a job in a black neighborhood I would move there and not even care.

Illinois 4th district

Source code must be open source though, no proprietary google/microsoft code that is definitely going to skew towards democrats.

I am a liberal but I agree. It is best to be as transparent and unbiased as possible when it comes to elections.

These are the new districts. The 12th district doesn't even leave Mecklenburg County.

We don't want a democracy

Republicans crowd all the Democratic voters in a few districts and then win all the rest 60-40. It's called gerrymandering.

Is everything about race and sex with you people?
Race, sex, race, sex, race, sex, race, sex.

Can't you think about something else for 2 fucking seconds?

>yeah yeah well i would

talk is cheap

democrats have become an urban party largely by choice

and while gerrymandering exists, you cant gerrymander entire states and democrat governors are still sent packing, and Trump still won the Rust Belt

And just in case you don't think it's still decided on race, look at the 12th district, and look at the white demographics in Charlotte.

Liberals cite racism because someone wants to stop their own racism.

Niggers.

Good. Keep the niggers weak. The moment they gain any political power, they turn whatever they control into New Africa.

Still better than it was, the old district essentially followed the poor side of the railroad tracks. North Mecklenburg is one of the wealthier parts of the state.

Because minorities wanted to be gerrymandered like this so that they could get muh diversity into Congress

Then maybe their party needs to nominate minorities.

That's what Republicans do. They can't seem to win at anything in life without cheating. See the electoral college.

Aren't the states obliged by the federal government to create majority minority districts?

>drawn by Democrats based on federal law passed by Democrats to isolate black populations in single districts
>muh Republicans!

Well Serbia, I would imagine you wouldn't be able to comprehend how big of an impact race and sex have on society given that 83.3% of your country is made up of Serbs and the biggest minority group is Hungarians at 3.5%. You aren't exposed to it so you just can't understand until you experience it firsthand. I urge you to come spend a week or two in the US.

MAXIMUM OY VEY

Both parties pull this shit and it's completely legal.

That's the best solution desu

Maybe i'd correct the lines to follow latitude and longitude tho for nicer aestethics

>the electoral college was made by republicans!
stupid nigger

I had to do this.

Not an argument. If the electoral college didn't exist then liberals would have controlled this country for the past 30 years.

There is no constitutional standard for challenging gerrymandered districts themselves. You're not allowed to do it for the purpose of favoring one race over the other because that presents an equal protection problem. However, the Supreme Court allows "remedial" discrimination. Meaning if you're reshaping the district to advantage minorities, that doesn't present an equal protection problem. Normally remedial discrimination has to be narrowly tailored to fix specific instances of past discrimination, but not in the case of districting. Ironically, one form of evidence of discrimination is when the district is shaped weird. In other words, it's okay to shape it weird to advantage minorities, but not to disadvantage them. It's considered fair play in gerrymandering to give minorities a district or two because otherwise they wouldn't get any representation. The assumption being that everyone with brown skin votes the same way I guess.

The excuse they use is that for remedial discrimination, race can be a purpose for shaping a district, just not the predominant purpose. So if you can argue any excuse, you can shape it for race.

If the electoral college didn't exist, all federal policy would serve urban areas. With the electoral college, rural industrial states like Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania receive adequate representation. It is a safeguard against the tyranny of the majority

Pretty great actually

Good job

Why do black support democrats? I thought it was republicans that abolished slavery.

are you really trying to say a serb isn't capable of understanding racial tension? holy fucking shit libcuck education is a disgrace

>Not Uncle Tom and Gerry
8/10

Look up John F Kennedy and Lyndon B Johnson

It is actually required by federal law for some of the southern states to ensure there are congressional districts that are majority black. It started in the civil rights era and for some reason is still around. Everytime some of the southern states want to redraw their districts they need justice department approval.

These districts were created by lefties in the federal government to ensure blacks get black congressmen. This was started in the 60s by the left.

Democrats control the media and the media made voting Democrat part of the black identity.

Goddammit America, do I have to do everything around here?

Started before then with fdr and the new deal, and creation of the modern welfare state.