Why do they always do this?

Why do they always do this?

> “In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act”

>UGH WHY ARE PEOPLE CHALLENGING OUR EDITORS AND CALLING US OUT
>ohgodohgod they know we're full of shit
>SO FUCKING SILENCE THEM AND POST MORE WE CAN'T LET THEM THINK THEY'RE WINNING
>A recent earnings report shows that VICE and all of it's subsidiaries have posted massive losses after their 4th quarter stock dipped a staggering 96% from the previous earnings report.
>The news corporation cites "Fake news" as the reason behind their companies loss of readership

Did vice just name the Jew?

No comments = fake news

"To find out who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

Vice is done. Their channel is a failure-- no viewership for their lies & boring programs. Sad!

Only liars fear the truth. The truth does not fear dissent, and always leaves itself open to thorough examination. One can find the truth as long as one is willing to accept the truth for what it is, whether or not it fits our political, religious or personal agenda.

No comments = fake news

>"Censoring a man proves that not what he says is wrong, but that you fear what he may reveal"
Or something

Because 70% of the comments are critical, they probably assume it's "trolling" and not a reaction to their increasingly shittier content.

No, VICE is a fucking shitty outlet and they themselves are a bunch of kikes trying to silence their opposition

No comments = FAKE NEWS.

That's cool no one likes discourse and dissenting opinions so why let it happen

Good, good, comments can now go to the medium that has the biggest reach - facebook.

>The news corporation cites "Fake news" as the reason behind their companies loss of readership
I hope at least one board member saw the irony in this

FAKE
A
K
E

NEWS
E
W
S

lmao vice

Why would anyone want to watch garbage if you can't even virtue signal/shitpost in the comments? They lose even their own supporters.

Guardian did the same, the excuse was that the comments became increasingly toxic - coincidentally it was equivalent to their increase of identity politics horseshit - they turned them back on after their readership plummeted.
Even their leftist readers became very critical after Cologne NYE fiasco.

Progressivism is dead ideology by now, but it is in our own interest to keep it alive

Who cares? We're winning.

Remember back when comments on articles were a new thing suddenly? Every fucking site had them, usually outsourced to some third party like Disqus or whatever. Hell, Yahoo news back in the day was pretty much a battleground between leftists and conservatives every single time there was a news article about some irrelevant happening.

Now they're doing away with it entirely, in the name of "preventing trolling" or whatever. Stifling conversation. Maybe I am overreacting and it's just a couple sites but this is some real spooky authoritarian shit. How long before the rest of the (((news sites))) follows the same pattern or YouTube announces comments on all videos disabled by default?

NO COMMENTS = FAKE NEWS

BECAUSE FAKE NEWS CAN NOT WITHSTAND DEBATE

Bingo

fbpb

Freedom of speech exposes corruption and deception

Eh, they're killing their companies by doing it. So either they're stupid enough to think that this SJW shit actually makes money or they're being subsidized or otherwise assisted by (((them))) to control the narrative

any propaganda de"vice" worth its salt would never allow comments that could lead to dissent or questioning of the propaganda's narrative.

>Now they're doing away with it entirely, in the name of "preventing trolling" or whatever. Stifling conversation. Maybe I am overreacting and it's just a couple sites but this is some real spooky authoritarian shit. How long before the rest of the (((news sites))) follows the same pattern or YouTube announces comments on all videos disabled by default?

You're overblowing it. This is simply a cost-cutting measure. Less time moderating comments = More time researching and writing articles. If people want to leave feedback there's twitter and e-mail.

And the alternative? You can't trust that they won't delete/hide comments that they don't like.

Does anyone in here even READ vice anymore? Answer me honestly.

They used to do a lot of great shit about North Korea (refugees escaping, going with Dennis Rodman and watching a DPRNK basketball game) and now it's shit about weed lube...?

I unliked their goybook page a couple years ago when they stopped doing interesting shit. Nothing of value was lost.

They just don't like the criticism. The comments on Vice were generally pretty tame, but mostly critical of the article.

About two years ago everything that you disagreed with became trolling.

It went from some sites having totally free commenting/most having moderation -> all had power tripping mods -> about half of the sites closed their comments and the ones that still had them only allowed right opinions to be published.

Nowadays I don't bother commenting anywhere with pre-moderated comments because I know the whole site is just propaganda and you have to practice self-censorship to get your comment approved.

I used to watch VICE Munchies, when they had real chefs and cooks doing cool shit. Now it's just shithead hipsters doing horrible food.

>posts jew unironic

vice pls go

This.

>everyone keeps telling us we're wrong
>plugging our ears will solve it

Faggot.

No you can't trust that, but most readers will quickly understand what's going on when they see hours old comments disappearing or some comments that just have lot of responses.

>removing comments
>cost-cutting
I don't think you understand how the internet works

They went to shit with the election coverage, it was just one sided garbage designed to shit all over Trump and anyone that tried to show him any sign of support. Vice used to have some pretty cool documentaries, but following the mountain sized pile of bullshit they spewed this year they are CNN level garbage.

Comments are cool though, they draw people to your site.

SJWs just fling mild insults nowadays. They're desperate. They have no hope left.

people call out their lies in the comments, the only reason

Vice went to shit a long time ago.

>REMEMBER: NO COMMENTS, FAKE NEWS

I do highly recommend their North Korea docs for anyone that hasn't seen them. Fascinating stuff, AND they actually risked being thrown in the gulag to film any of it. But do so in a way that doesn't give them/HBO any money because they haven't deserved it in years.

LIVE 10,000 YEARS!

hahahahaha are you serious nigga

>Sup Forums makes it a thing to redpill brigade whatever articles they find
>Sup Forums acts surprised why people would not leave comment sections open.

You might say, but why not just moderate it and remove troll posts? It becomes a time consuming task.

If you want to rely on shitty anonymous comments for your fact checking you should kill yourself. Clearly it is a problem that news is treated with such authority when it's mostly a commercialization of tidbits and in many cases a mass produced one of low quality. But you can't fix that by just going "muh ideals and muh morals". You must realize it's a fucking business and unless we set up some kind of regulation or incentive to be able to put up a better job with better authority and more transparency we aren't fixing this problem.

You are trying to fix a wound with a shit stained band-aid. And frankly it's so fucking fun that you've gone from noticing that a lot of the MSM is sloppy mass produced biased liberal media to gobbling up even sloppier crazy and lazy right wing bullshit and somehow think it's so much better because it can point to the liberal media and go "oh look how bad these respected people are" and you somehow think that's the answer?

Freedom of speech isn't a part of their tolerant liberal narrative. Gotta keep the echo chamber clean.

>You might say, but why not just moderate it and remove troll posts?
Why not just leave it all out there? Why the censorship?

Media companies are willfully losing revenue because people gave them more hits by returning repeatedly to articles to read comment sections

Anyone sick of vice's degeneracy being crammed down their throats whenever they use snapchat? I mean everything that comes up is degenerate but vice's shit is up their with the worst.

It's weird how some of these sites allowed comments since the late 90s but just in the past year or two decided that people on the Internet were too mean

The problem with comments sections is that there will always be commentators who dare to question your narrative.

>Why do they always do this?
The best part is when sites like CNN leave the comments on for articles that aren't worth discussion in the slightest.

I can't believe I can't find the commercial online.

Every fucking break on television there's this ad for Vice Channel where they boast they have the only late night show on television with "No scripts, no suits and no whites"

Whats worse, no comments at all or comments restricted to people who use their real identity?
Would cut out a lot of false flags.

It's fake news. Fake news sites remove comments so they can't be disproved.

I've seen an amazing number of seemingly real Facebook comments complete with photo, full name and life history consisting of "Fuck you nigger I'm gonna kill you" replied to with "Fuck you white boy I'm gonna kill you and rape your daughter"

My saaafe spaaace
(my saaafe spaaace)

Well because most of you are idiot teens who can't into reasonable discourse.

You idiots

Tip that fedora harder

This. They occasionally release decent stuff like Abu Hajaar and a handful of their shows are interesting, but theres still a lot of bullshit like drinking semen and the "no white guys" show. Even the decent shows they have manage to force race-baiting. For example they do an interview with the guy who has a scale model of the white house but edit and skew their footage once they realize he's a Trump supporter. They make him seem like a manic, sexist, racist, ebil, white supremacist who lives alone.

If you watch literally any other interview with him you can see he has a hispanic wife and two daughters. Vice just happened to leave out footage of his family.

+1

I stopped watching TV years ago, so I would know nothing about any MSM that comes through there

>No white guys show

If you don't think Desus and Mero are funny you might have downs

>they can't handle the truth

That wasnt an example of one of their few good shows.

I'm embarrassed I bought their DVD back in 2006 or whatever. Fuck it's changed so much, they weren't so preachy and did some cool shit

*scale model of the oval office

They could just ignore them.
By the way - please apologize for the Deluge.

"VICE was a mistake"
- Gavin McInnes

>(((Wallsten)))

This. For countries in the west with free speech censoring their opinions on the internet is complete bullshit.

Well, maybe they should stop posting fake news?

Do people seriously put their mouse that far back?

>#NOTALLTROLLS

Because they do not like free speech

>not a single shill saying its their right as a private business
Good.
Well they do have the right but any news outlet that does this is instantly delegitimatized.

vice is the new gawker

Because lies and falsehoods fear an open forum and scrutiny

People are too woke these days to be given a forum on which to speak. First it'll be the news sites getting rid of their comment section; next it will be Google refusing to index sites like Sup Forums.

why did they post such an anti-Semitic drawing?

Is he our man?

This.

FPBP
P
B
P

Reminder, news site where there is no comment section, or the comments are screened for approval by (((mods))) is fake news

Holy shit, sound logic is indicative of fedoras, say it ain't so!

FAKE NEWS DETECTED

>ALL OPINIONS THAT WE DISAGREE WITH SHALL BE SILENCED
lel

WE CAN'T STAND THE TRUTH

IT'S TOO UNCOMFORTABLE

>next it will be Google refusing to index sites like Sup Forums.
i get your point but this specific example would actually be a good thing

"hol up, hol up, hol up, hol up, hol up, hol up, hol up, hol up, hol up, hol up, hol up, hol up"

aka, they lost control

The tide is turning, white men hate sites are no longer acceptable!

Tfw Eddie Huang was based, that time Shane Smith recorded in NK. Even the first season of Vice News was bretty gud. Around 2013 is when vice took the SJW pill.

The comments used to be like this

Places like VICE are now dealing with comment sections that are like 30% people mildly or strongly agreeing, 50% kosher conservatives, 5% alt right and 15% getting upset and "literally shaking" from the right wing comments