Why are there not a majority of women in STEM fields? More women attend college than men...

Why are there not a majority of women in STEM fields? More women attend college than men, and women can do just as well in STEM fields as men, if not better. Are women being excluded from STEM on purpose? Are these predominantly male led fields afraid of women becoming the majority?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p5LRdW8xw70&ab_channel=Hoodlab
spectrum.ieee.org/view-from-the-valley/at-work/education/want-girls-attracted-to-tech-put-a-for-art-in-stem
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Why are there not a majority of women in STEM fields?

You know why

>Are women being excluded from STEM on purpose?

You know the answer to that

>Are these predominantly male led fields afraid of women becoming the majority?

No, now fuck off

it is not sexisim or racisim it is just women do not like tech fields, they find it boring. nothing wrong with that at all actually.

MAYBE FORCING EVERYONE TO BE EQUAL, EVEN WHEN WE DON'T WANT TO IS THE REAL PROBLEM.

PEOPLE SEEK WHAT THEY LIKE.

How isn't she burning her hand?

Stop bitching and do stem. If they actually discriminate (they won't) you can sue them. Women don't want what you want them to want. Deal with it.

Women are less intelligent than men on average and tend pursue less difficult careers.

Because women will hold the soldering iron on the hot part like she is in that picture.

they are dumb
all the females in my software engineering class failed first semester, every unit.

one bitchasked to group with me, then bailed when i said lets work on it with the other member. i ended up writing in my group summary that she did nothing. i got 100 and she got 0. fuck your pussy priv.

fpbp

fp, dare I say it, bp

eat shit and kys OP

No, women are being indoctrinated in droves to something called "women's studies".

Your picture is the answer to all of those questions

She doesn't know you have to turn it on.

This. When I was in college for programming, less than 5% were female.

Well duh it's the fuckin patriarchy you shit

It doesn't matter that nothing is stopping them and there are things on place to help them get into these fields there is a patriarchy that stops them invisibly

god you'RE SUCH A FUCKING BIGOT

>give women freedom to choose their careers
>most do not choose STEM
>complain not enough women are in STEM and suggesting ways to force them into it

Does it ever occur to these people that the biological differences between men and women lead them to be more proficient at different thinks? That one is better than the other at certain things, and this is much more efficient than being equally mediocre at everything? It's almost like we evolved to have two sexes for a reason.

excuse question for old ignorant white man.. is there such a thing as 'mens studies'? Seems very sexist if there isn't.

Succeeding in STEM requires having a passion for the subject.

Women, by and large, have no passion for anything. They're generally incredibly dull creatures who crave only base pleasures and have nothing driving them to work or strive for anything larger than themselves.

They don't explore or innovate. It isn't that they don't have interests, it's that they lack the thing that makes them NEED to work at something. It's all just something they can set down and forget about.

>woman sees lack of other women in STEM
>woman gets feminist dance theory degree to understand why
>cycle happens
>still no women in STEM and none of them know why

Work at tech company.

Ask recruiter for 2 New technicians.

Every single resume is a 50 yo foreign man.

Suppose I'll never work with girl in op since she is just a model. No one holds a soldering iron like that who knows what it is.

Because hard work is against their nature. Women have survived on getting men to do the dirty work since time in mamorial. Why do the hard thing when you can get free shit for having a vagina?

They didn't want (sparks) interfering with the photo.
Also, you don't need solder for welding equipment.

God I love that photo.

There will be more room if you cull the male population.

I'm druknk as fuck, watch old schlock movies from britian, but that bitch would burn her finders off.

Because most of us just go to college to get a husband

LELELKEK

youtube.com/watch?v=p5LRdW8xw70&ab_channel=Hoodlab

>tfw no women in STEM
>tfw didn't get to meet a QT wife
genius idea here, colleges should have dances/parties for engineers and health professions. then all the non-social people can get together and fugg

She's holding the iron incorrectly.

kek

we call her ol leather hand Susie

Because all of the men in STEM are unattractive and socially-awkward. Why would straight women want to work with ugly men for their entire life?

also shes working on the wrong side.
and that soldering iron is like a $20 radio shack model. the tip is way to big to do anything on a motherboard
and she should be wearing gloves and a face mask.

$$$$$

With most colleges pandering to SJW's and treating people like literal toddlers it is no wonder why there are more men in STEM fields.

When I went to middle school they took only the girls to a stem related fair, so I feel like I'm being discriminated against it for being a male

>women can do just as well in STEM fields as men
This is simply not the case for 99% of women.

Because most STEM degrees require hard work, not repeating buzzwords

and she should probably have her long hair covered some how

Is this just a meme or do people actually think that womens' studies is a popular major? At my school the department was very small, like two professors and a handful of students.

vocal minority

>Succeeding in STEM requires having a passion for the subject.
Computer engineer here, can confirm that this is 100% false; success requires aptitude more than anything else.

because small nerd penises can't satisfy those sluts

Was this question written by a 4 year old?

Women have tremendous advantage getting into stem fields at good universities, getting scholarships for stem fields, getting internships in stem fields, and guaranteed jobs after college in stem fields.

Colleges and employers are offering a steak dinner to a dog for life, while the rest of us are forced to fight and claw our way to a single bowl of kibble.

This.

I think that the STEM meme is mostly bullshit. It's not easier to get jobs than any other field, and you won't automatically make a ton of money just for having a degree.

But for women, all of that stuff is completely true. The old nerd men will bend over backwards to serve you for the sake of progressivism.

>turn it on
That iron is clearly one of those $5 eBay specials where it's "rated" for 250 volts but comes with a US plug. There is no temperature regulator or even power switch. You plug it in and it gets hot via a dead short through the tip.

Grab a book make a fucking choice. Its called opportunity not impunity.

Because women aren't autistic shut-ins

She is also wearing jewelry while working on electronics.Unsafe!

My folks met in their High School radio club (back when high schools did neat stuff like run radio stations, they were also both in the school rifler y program). Dad was working on an ME degree and mom on a EE when I came along and ruined EVERYTHING.

>Soldering a motherboard
>Holding the hot part of the soldering iron
>Doing it the Chemistry Lab (notice the fume hood)

Fucking drone, i pity you.

penis envy

Women don't need to earn money. They have the luxury of being able to pursue a fulfilling career that they enjoy as opposed to a hard career that they don't want to do but makes them bread.

How many single women do you know that are working age? Seriously, how many? Compare that to men. How many months are women single before hopping into a new relationship? Compare that to men. Men need to be independent, and so they need to make money; even if the work is hard. Women can go into more "fun" fields because they don't really need the income for more than just "backup" money or extra spending money for whatever their boy toy doesn't cover.

That's why they go t shit like music and art and journalism and shit more often. Men don't have this luxury. You wanna go into art and be a fucking art teacher? Have fun struggling to pay bills and having no pussy because the all want the bread winner.

my sides went into orbit with that picture.

They didn't even try.

There is. Its called History

This board is a fucking joke

I'll reply to this obvious bait.

Women can not do just as well in STEM fields as men. Women are intellectually inferior to men.

The reason more women are in college than men is because more parents are realizing that their daughters aren't attractive enough to get a man.

ALL of mankind's substantial scientific, engineering, and intellectual achievements have been achieved by...wait for it...men.

This is not mere coincidence. This is because men are smarter than women, always have been, always will be.

The day we can put this debate to rest is the day we can start fucking more women who thought they were smart but were actually just monkey wrenches in the works.

>Soldering a motherboard

I mean... she's doing it on the wrong side, but this is something people do.

It's because it takes actual hard laborious mental work that most women do not want to do

Because they find it tough and boring, and are not interested in hard science, engineering and maths. Fucking around in Feelings: the Degree suits them better.

There's no barrier to entry other than shitty parents.

Yes, the BF should be a degree - Bachelorette of Feelings. That's basically what all women's degrees amount to anyway. We'll give them that, and allow it to be secondary consideration for jobs like "Secretary" or "Human Resources Director."

Also the shaft part should be super heated. This is why women aren't in STEM fields.

I think it is because everyone understands that a stem degree is quite a bit of hard work. It's not that they aren't as smart, they just understand that it would sort of be a waste of their time to go through the struggle to get a STEM degree when they only plan on using their degree for 10 years before they retire and become house moms. So they can get a business degree or anything else that will allow them to have a good job up until they have their first kid.
So for a man, the struggle to get a stem degree can be seen as a good investment as he will be using it for the rest of his life, it is a poor investment for a woman who plans to be a stay at home mom, which I imagine most girls plan on, even if subconsciously.
I also believe that women simply aren't as interested in being in a stem field, biologically.

Aww, she's trying to make a fatherboard for her half-black babies.

> 1 post by this id.

CTR, She lost, its over, go home.

Relax over the Holidays, fill out unemployment paperwork, fix up your resume's...and get a real job.

Yea, there's more women in uni than men. Women however do go for more empathic/social professions. If this is cultural or built in, god knows. Some of the best physicists I know are women, but the majority of women I know (small rural village, high teen pregnancies bla bla) had no interest in it. Attention is a nice thing to get, an around 13-16 guys started chasing most of them, and they got waylaid by parties and social events and bullshit (as did the guys desu, but there was a higher percentage of them too nerdier or weird to do that type of stuff). The girls that managed to finish high school ended up mainly in nursing and teaching- very empathic professions.
I'm in the medical field, and unis are about 50/50, but girls vanish from sight after graduation as the more extreme (well paid and respected) specializations are gonna keep you insanely busy until well into your thirties, and having kids is nigh on impossible- most women do want kids (as do men, it's biology) and go for easier options. When kids do come along, a lot just stop working, even if you don't you've lost at least a year. Guys don't have this (also applies to more theoretical stem areas, phds are time consuming)
There is a bit of discrimination too. I haven't personally experienced much, but a (male) friend who works at cern says it's very much a lads club mentality- he doubts he would've got his fellowship if he'd been female. And again, you're less likely to be taken (in a scarily high amount of countries) for a decent research post if you're a woman without kids in your late 20s- so many people assume that'll you'll be getting pregnant within the next few years.
Tl;dr- less women in stem mainly due to personal issues-less interested and value a fulfilling social life more. Women in stem are no worse than men, being female doesn't automatically mean you're shit at science. Mild discrimination, especially in the more traditionally male fields, but not the cause of the low numbers.

So you're basically saying that women choose to be stupid because they know they won't need to be smart for very long.

Incorrect. History refutes you utterly. Name one important invention by a woman. Name one country founded by a woman. Name one still-relevant historical document authored by a woman. Name any accomplishments of women that can't be written off half-handedly as bleeding-heart causes of no real substance.

You can't do it. Because literally all you want to do is defend women, it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. You don't actually want to talk about historical, biological and intellectual facts.

Wait you're supposed to wear a face mask when u do that? What if you have a smoke absorbing fan on?

Fugg...

Estrogen makes the human brain worse at math, and any sort of high level abstraction in general.

t. Cohen's research

i dont even have a ti 85...
just a shitty ti 82

Still autistic

Dude, hate to busy the bubble, but there's less female inventions/discoveries historically cos until a point in the 1900s women were allowed anywhere near education or powerful positions (yea there's exceptions, but for the average woman)
You were pregnant before your twenties and the rest of your life was taking care of hubby/kids. Not much chance to change history. Any inventions made were then patented in her husband's name.
Look up female discoveries and involvement from the 1950s on, it rises (can't think of names atm, except for the DNA structure, who was overshadowed by the men who used her data).
Yea, white men have made the majority of discoveries (in European areas anyway) but they've had a head start of nearly a millennium.

Did you even read my whole post?
I was saying that they don't do any of that stuff because they want to be mothers.
I think that if they got over their desire to raise kids, they could do some of those things, but they never do.

Less women are having kids, especially intellectuals, but it is hard to overcome the most basic hardwired aim (try not to wank/shag for a while, see how you do)
Also, we should be worried if smart woman stop having kids completely- you have seen idiocracy?

autistic, poor, and more so depressed.
fucking chad has a ti Nspire

So you're saying this:

1. Women have made a large number of discoveries from the 1950's on, but you can't name any of them.

2. Women have made a large number of discoveries from the 1950's on, but you can't name any of them.

3. Women have made a large number of discoveries from the 1950's on, but you cant name any of them.

4. Niggers have had more than 150 years to get their shit together, but still can't seem to do it.

I must say I disagree with points 1-3, but I am in full accordance with #4.

Perhaps you could offer further clarification on 1-3 to edify our readers.

>create thread with topic that's been discussed nonstop for years
>be surprised when people try to shut it down for something new and worthwhile
The only joke is how so many pointless threads continue to get past deletion.

Didn't say they've made a huge amount of discoveries- I said they increased in the 1900s. Can I name any (bar curie, goodall, meitner, fossey and yalow) no, not really (I remembered the DNA lady, it was Rosalind Franklin) but I am at the tail end of an all nighter and cba looking up a list. Talk to a historian if you want a comprehensive list sure, or just Google it and compare the number of important female scientists in the 1900s to the numbers before.
And forgive if my American history is faulty, but weren't black people only really allowed to attend uni after the 1950s? Pretty sure that's not 150 years to get their shit together

Lol

The real point is, white men didn't need any time to get their shit together and we still don't.

All other talk is just talk.

If they're smart enough to get into a tech field, they can go into another field with higher social status, such as medicine or law.

Women are for child rearing and even then they're terrible at it.

>Yea, white men have made the majority of discoveries (in European areas anyway) but they've had a head start of nearly a millennium.

Because they were naturally superior?

>What's wrong? I'm supposed to swallow it, right?

I think you mean "His"-tory

The video of this is even better with those sweet guitar riffs playing over everything.

Why are women holding an overwhelming amount of positions in Medicine, nurse, secretary jobs?
even back in the day when men went to college more women still accounted for an overwhelming majority in these fields, are men being excluded from these fields on purpose?
are these predominated female led fields afraid of men becoming the majority?
Jesus Christ you are dumb, if one field as more of one sex than another your only 2 neurons decide it must be sexism.

>reck cum
Holy shit, what an appropriate ID

Immemorial. Common dude, we have it hard enough trying to convince the rest of the world we aren't tard nuggets

Because women want social balance. Companies are pretty much giving affirmative action for women, yet they still don't dominate. Why? Its because they don't want that lifestyle. Simple.

why work hard on stem when you can live life on easy street?

stem is for autists who dream of getting a gf once they get a big salary

Even the diversity squad acknowledges that women are the problem with regards to women in STEM

spectrum.ieee.org/view-from-the-valley/at-work/education/want-girls-attracted-to-tech-put-a-for-art-in-stem

>reddit games.webm

No tits that I can see, so not women, so why they suck so bad?