Fuck Voter ID laws- they disenfranchise the poor

Hi Sup Forums
Do liberals have a point when they say that having a voter ID law will suppress the poor vote?

Do they have a point when they say that voter ID laws are a solution to the NON-existent problem that is voter fraud?

Show me that liberals are still full of shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rrBxZGWCdgs
youtu.be/odB1wWPqSlE
nytimes.com/interactive/2016/11/01/opinion/voting-suppression-videogame.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Show them this:

I think the underlying point is that ids cost money, just make them free* then no more argument

If you don't have an ID then you aren't here legally.

This might be a social engineering attempt.
You may not proceed any further.

I still don't understand how voter ID Laws disenfranchise anybody. It's far from difficult to get a driver's license: If you're born in this country you will have a birth certificate and a social security card. An ATM card will also suffice. You can use the internet to register to vote. Most everyone has some kind of phone connected to the internet.

What is the Democrats' rationale for this?

check THIS id

like this?

It's all a giant farce to try and keep illegitimate voting going on, democrats would never win another election without voter fraud and they know this. They also know voter id laws are in no way racist, however that's where they point their finger regardless of what the issue is.

Poor disenfranchised illegal aliens

Rematch 2020

Holy shit... libturds rekt!

Saving that vid...

India has Voter ID

If the fucking poo in loos can manage it, why can't we? The government pays for it there, and states that already have voter ID here do the same. I'm pretty racist and even I don't think the average inner city nog is too dumb to sign up for a free ID, yet the tolerant left thinks they are? If they're too dumb for that, how the hell are they collecting wellfare?

You know what liberals' rationale is for wanting no voter ID laws

kek!

Cheese slices disenfranchise the cooks.

I do not have enough money to get a copy of my birth certificate, to get an ID with.

How is that not the thing there?

The only thing it will suppress is the illegal vote.

Don't post that, weak ass non arguments don't really help convince anyone. That is unless you're just posting it for laughs, in which case, carry on.

All it's saying is 100% of voters have the thing required to vote... No shit.

> what is the Democrats' rationale for this?
Not hard to surmise. They want illegal immigrants (i.e. people without a birth certificate or social security card) to be able to vote because they lean democratic. Literally that's what it all boils down to.

I'm poor af. I don't even own a car, but I can pick up a Wisconsin ID for free. It is valid for just about everything a normal ID/Driver's License is.

>Do they have a point
There are plenty of legal US voters that are literally too stupid to bring an ID with them to go vote or too lazy to get it replaced when they lose it.
Most of them vote democrat.

So I suppose that's a point. You didn't ask for a good one.

Save this one, original uploader, higher quality etc.

youtu.be/odB1wWPqSlE

i have to show my ID every day to buy a $6 pack of cigarettes.

i been buying my booze in ghetto liquor stores for years, and never once heard anyone complain that they didn't have ID and it was racist to ask.

liberals have the cognitive reasoning capacity of 4th graders, at best.

How do you even live without a birth certificate and an ID? I can't comprehend.

>I do not have enough money to get a copy of my birth certificate, to get an ID with.

How's that possible? It shouldn't cost more than $20.

> inb4 user is posting on a brand new iPhone 10

You need an ID for tons of every day shit, yet it's racist to require one for something as important as voting?

But I thought that the poor and uneducated vote for trump.

>being too poor and stupid to get your free state id which is needed to work, have a bank account, receive welfare, receive unemployment, visit a doctor, adopt a pet, buy a gun, buy cigarettes, buy alcohol, sign up for internet or cable, get a cell phone contract, and literally everything else in life
>voting

Pick one and only one.

>in which user lives on welfare but spends 100% of the checks on chips and shit
Nigga I can't be affording birth certificants and sheet

You mean YOUR MOM LOST YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE and you need to pay to get a replacement. The first one is free.

Replacements by state vary from $15-$30. Do it online.

fuck voting anyway, only white male land owners should be allowed to vote.

>Hillary Clinton places her hand over her hand as she walks to the podium...
>hand over her hand
Heartless wench!

Voter ID laws don't really suppress the poor vote. It isn't hard to get an ID for cheap.

Rather they suppress the stupid vote. People who can't read or can't figure out how the system works.

It's a good thing.

Tell them they can get a FREE library card that acts as ID

Who are registered for the draft

Poor people manage to get drivers license, bank account, pay utility bills, get bus pass, go to doctors (more like clinic poorfag) appointments, etc. They follow laws and regulations.

But getting a voter ID is racist.

People were voting Hillary 6 times in Michigan! Wow! I only voted once!

Everyone in the EU has an id. But they're technically correct, it will suppress illegal vote. Illegals are poor. Therefore it will suppress the poor vote.

Yeah, Republicans are trying to disenfranchise the poor---rural or urban--because they don't think they should be able to vote in the first place. Or that their votes shouldn't count as much as the rich.

The GOP has pretty open contempt for the working class.

I think if you can prove that your income is low enough, they just ignore the fee for voter IDs.
So no, niggers are just too lazy to get their IDs.

really the obvious answer is that poor people who legitimately want to vote get their shit together and do it (hence all of the poor / black votes that get cast every time), but the democrats bitch about disenfranchisement anyway because it makes it harder for them to rig elections.

Occam's razor to the fucking rescue again.

I also hear liberals say that it's harder for them to get to the DMV since they don't have cars and stuff.

Poor people are required to have ID like everyone else. Also, all the ones of benys have them to collect anyways, so it's not a great argument.
The only thing it really suppresses is vote tampering, such as multiple voting and ex-covicts voting illegally.

they should only be allowed to vote in federal elections during years in which they filed federal income taxes too.

if you lack the tiny amount of agency to get your photo ID then you don't deserve to vote.

"Hand over her hand"
Lel

Fuck you beat me to it

I don't think so. White and black folks have to pay for a state ID. So poor folks just get disenfranchised, in general.

Nigger, if a South American shithole like Argentina can provide IDs to every citizen then a first world country like USA should have absolutely zero problem doing the same.

Kill yourself and your fucking b8 thread. Saged and reported

Nice catch. Salon writers are usually mentally handicap, so the bad writing is always to be expected.

food stamps REQUIRE ID

LIBERALS ARE FUCKING RETARDED

That's retarded.
Voting is voluntary and only about half the voting aged population actually votes.

That has nothing to do with voter ID. India has voter IDs for all 1B of its citizens

While we're on the subject, I'm curious to see how Michigan's new voter ID laws will effect voter turnout in 2020

I defy liberals to find any adult American citizen who does not have ID. Homeless people have ID.

>deport babies
you're retarded

I am p sure illegals in California can be issued Driver's Licenses which can be used to obtain Voter ID

>GOP doesnt want poor, rural people to vote

Okey dokey.

Uhhh, budy, I haven't reviewed the thread like the asshole I am but I'd like to bring up a few points about an ID being racist, sexist, homophobic, whatever.
You need an ID to be employed
You need an ID to purchase alcohol, or tobacco
You need an ID to have a bank account
you need an ID to cash a check
you need an ID to drive
you need an ID to rent property
you need an ID to own property
you need an ID to buy a car
you need an ID to have insurance

I could go on, but I've made my point. no voter ID laws are silly. Everyone is forced to be ID'd by the state, you should prove it to vote, IMAO.

if you are seriously so fucking bad at life that you cannot keep your photo id up to date then you do not deserve a say in how the government is run

Nah, you have to pay to vote, and buy cigarettes and alcohol. Otherwise, every poor person could vote.

LMFAOOOOOOOO

>Be Dindu N. Uffin
>Joined the bloods at the age of 3
>Mama giving me more brother and sisters every 9 months to get more welfare and more child support money
>Never learn how to read because getting into gang fights was more important to the homes at the bloods HQ
>Only knows how to spell Bitch because a rap song spelt it while singing
>Mama says we need IDs to vote for Joseph Goldberganstien so we can get more of that money from the government
>Entire family can't read because all of them are niggers
>Can't get voter ID
>Republican gets elected and all niggers world wide are kill because someone who was not kang became kang
Now do you see how racist this system is?

Poor working-class whites vote Democrat over Republican. They also benefit more than anyone from food assistance and the like.

Saying that minorities can not produce Id is racist in and off itself you lefist retard.

>Thinking the poor deserve a vote

If you don't contribute, if you hinder and are a burden on society, why do you deserve the right to say how it is governed?

Stop pretending poverty is not avoidable
Stop minimising personal responsibility
Stop insisting the state has a responsibility to individuals
Fend for yourself or die
Stop punishing people who sacrifice instant gratification and time to contribute

The right to vote is the most important right any American can have. It is protected by more amendments than any other right. Voter ID laws exist simply to suppress voting rights for people here.

>just get an ID they're cheap
>every citizen should have one

Bullshit. It's not the cost of the ID itself that is an obstacle, it's the cost of trying to get it. Most states require you present a birth certificate or a citizenship certificate, social security card, and proof of residence. First off, not everybody lives in a home or apartment so they can have utility bills sent to them. Second off, people lose social security cards all the time, or they can't find their birth certificates. You know how much it costs to get those replaced?

Finally, conservatives assume you can just get to a government building with no hassle. For proponents of Rural America, they seem to think everybody lives in a big city where transportation is ready and available.

Some 21 million people in America don't have government IDs. Yes, citizens who were born here, not 21 million illegals who you think is the #1 types of people without IDs. Why would you deprive them of their most fundamental ability as citizens?

I'll tell you why. Voter suppression. Conservatives have a history with it that they're not even aware of.

>It’s a pretty easy thing for Republicans to say, ‘Well, they’re bussing people in!’ Well, you know what? We’ve been bussing people in to deal with you fuckin’ assholes for fifty years, and we’re not going to stop now. We’re just going to find a different way to do it. So, I mean I grew up with that idea. They used to bus people out to Iowa. If they needed people there we’d bus people out to Iowa.

what did he mean by this?

This is going to hurt, you might not want to read this.
>California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Maryland, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, Vermont, and Washington, as well as Washington, D.C,, issue driver's licenses to illegal immigrants. The states are estimated to have an illegal immigrant population of 4,120,000 combined.

I just googled it, and that's the 1st thing that comes up, if you want to check me.

Well, yeah, I mean, the government "provides us" the right and duty to have an ID but we have to pay for it. Unless you're below the indigence line, you should have no problem to pay for your and your children's ID cards. I think if you can't afford it they just give it for free.

This ID thing is such a non-issue, it is almost unbelievable. You people seriously need a war on home soil, the youth is getting too comfortable. Complacency breeds weakness.

Says the Australian w/ a $15 plus minimum wage.

If you're too fucking lazy to get a State issued ID and register, than you shouldn't vote, simple as that.

Inner city liberal poors are "disenfranchised" even though they have plenty of places to register and get IDs, but a conservative hillbilly Joe out in buttfuck egypt whose secretary of state is 200 miles away isn't disenfranchised?

are dems retarded?

"I've been doing something wrong, but for a long time, so it's legitimized."

I was talking bout voter ID and was saying it's not that hard to get an ID. My libtard roommate was like, "bla bla dmv bla bla some people don't even know how to get birth certificate and SS"

I said every county is required to have some form of government building. You're literally saying these people have no proof of being citizens so they shouldn't even be allowed to vote if they're too stupid to get their credentials.

>voter suppression
You need an ID to be employed
You need an ID to purchase alcohol, or tobacco
You need an ID to have a bank account
you need an ID to cash a check
you need an ID to drive
you need an ID to rent property
you need an ID to own property
you need an ID to buy a car
you need an ID to have insurance

so those people that want to vote have none of the above listed things needed for an ID, but are dying to vote?
Give me a break, schlomo finkelstien

Children's? You have to pay to renew your ID every so many years. It's not permanent here.

>minimum

For retards and teenagers. Usually not exclusive

Should we do away with mah EBT card then?

Isn't there a cost with trying to get an EBT card?

Voter ID->Voter suppression sounds like a slippery slope.

FPBP

>not accepting illegal votes is racist..kys.

If you guys didn't see it, the NYT did a parody of The Oregon Trail but about voter suppression.

nytimes.com/interactive/2016/11/01/opinion/voting-suppression-videogame.html

> On Nov. 8, a new generation of Americans will make their own heroic journeys — to the polls. Some paths will be more intrepid than others, particularly for blacks, Latinos and pretty much anyone who brings the kind of diversity to our polling places that they have historically lacked. Thanks to laws passed by Republicans to fight the nonexistent threat of voter fraud, the perils will be great. Long lines and voter ID laws, not to mention pro-Trump election observers, will try to keep these voters from the polls.

> Play as a white programmer from California, a Latina nurse from Texas, or a black salesman from Wisconsin. Experience the thrill of standing in line for hours at your understaffed polling place! Try to surmount voter ID laws! Avoid intimidation by Donald Trump’s election observers! Will you fend off the rhetoric of angry election “observers,” or heed calls from your boss and get out of line, or will you experience the fulfilling patriotic reward of casting a provisional ballot that will probably never be counted?

Hillaru would have won if the peoe who voted trump wouldnt have voted. So why dont we just null their votes?

Intelligent adults in America make less than your retards and teenagers

Brah, I have seen legitimate homeless people with ID's going to vote.

Are your poor people that retarded in the US?

Niggruh they literally give you a free photo ID at the MVA if you are too poor to afford the $10,

Nice copypasta.

Maybe start by realizing not everybody in America has those things, or any of them. Maybe start by realizing what the common denominator in getting all of those things are (hint: it's money).

Here too. What I meant is that your children need to have an ID at birth and I think it has to be renewed at age 16 or whenever the system changes (like when we switched from enrollment book to ID plastic card for example). And then every so many years.

You're wrong:

You need a photo ID to pick up welfare checks and food stamps.

LITERALLY all niggers have photo ids because of this.

And you're the land of opportunity
Pfft
Blame illegals

Read the thread, retard. Literally first post

I heard that mexico purges the voter list once in a while to clean it up. no idea if it's true though.

It cost me $20 to get my voter ID. If you can't save $20 over 4 year period, you shouldn't be voting.

I'll blame Republicans, who don't want to pass a living wage.

Believe it or not, and I know this may come as something of a shock to you, but there are poor people who don't have either EBT or voter ID.

user CTR got disbanded you can stop now it's ok.

>i am so poor I cannot afford to spend $20 on IDs that have multiple practical uses besides voting.

then you prolly shouldnt vote then juan

most states work like this

>go to dmv
>have birth cert, etc
>15$
>lasts 4-8 years depending on the state
>most states offer them for free for poor people

if you cant afford 15 bones every 4 years you shouldnt be voting

1.) Babies can't vote
2.) It's called a birth certificate