Emos

Let's talk about this extinct subculture Sup Forums. It was popular from 2004 and fizzled around 2009. They were characterised as having a fondness for sad angsty music, makeup and unique hairstyles.

So what happened to them all? Did they grow up or merge into the goth scene? You rarely ever see them anymore where 10 years ago they'd basically own the shopping malls.

Any former emos on Sup Forums want to chime in?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-BngZOrGl0c
reddit.com/r/Emo/comments/4353dk/emo_history_lesson_part_1_emocore/
reddit.com/r/Emo/comments/439tfq/emo_history_lesson_part_2_basement_emo/
reddit.com/r/Emo/comments/43ffeq/emo_history_lesson_part_3_san_diego/
reddit.com/r/Emo/comments/43lies/emo_history_lesson_part_4_midwest_emo/
reddit.com/r/Emo/comments/4913pt/emo_history_lesson_part_5_emo_pop/
reddit.com/r/Emo/comments/52znsf/emo_history_lesson_sidebar_scenecore/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I miss them. A lot more harmless than SJW

apparently being an emo is not so cool once they grow old

Emo boys always confused my straight male boner.
Luckily I didn't indulge phew still straight

JUST

Id rather have Emos then fucking Hipsters.

These are dark days.

>(((unique hairstyles)))

Had 3 in my class some years ago. They said they were "emo" but they just wear black.

How long ago was this?

The EDM and social justice subcultures replaced them. Many emos I know who were teenagers back in 2010 got sucked into one of those two groups.

It was a common cultural language of dissatisfaction with modern society.

Some of them morphed into modern SJWs, but lost the more hardcore aspects of the subculture. Still dissatisfied with the world, and they believe we (the west) are the cause.

Some of them morphed into almost totally normal people who believe they (non-western influences) are the problem.

I am the latter, and I know many of people from both groups.

The biggest remnant of emos are the vape scene people.

yknow thinking back thats very true

even most emos were fairly edgy to an extent, and sure they were autistic with their "rawr means i luv u in dionsaur :3 BOTDF life is so unfair" shit but much more tolerable than SJWS

Emos became hipsters. I don't know what the current trend is.

i was a scene faggot about 7/6 years.
Most of the retards got absorbed into the EDM/Degen meme. and a couple are well functioning members of society (aka got over being a fucking bitch)

You grow up into a redneck , m8.
Least anyone with any sack did.

What's EDM?

Emos boys became traps and Emo girls became leg beards.

Electronic dance music.

The lolzrandom emo style is actually fascinating in terms of the decline of the style. I'm just old enough where post grunge kids were getting into legit emo and scream that didn't involve the main singers looking like giant faggy peacocks, and going to some hardcore and metal shows you could see some of the veteran fans slowly adopting the nu-male style or look more like normies. The future sjw and attention whores held onto the aposematic look-set and not a single person who actually grew up and matured looks like this nowadays.

>t post hardcore kid who never dressed the part, all his friends are the same and we're not giant faggots

I hung out with emos. Most turned into hipsters before it was cool

2 years. I met them again couple of months ago and they were still the same. Just wearing black and having some band clothes. Most emo's just say that they are emo but they are just normies wearing black and listening to horrible music

Actually, come to think of it; goths share a lot of traits woth Sup Forumsacks.
>dislike conformists
>hope for the cease of society
>all around generally hope for an armageddon

They grew the fuck up.

Do realise that we are usually a couple of years behind when it comes to trends here in this country.

No user Ramos didn't become hipsters, that's like saying hippies became punks they didn't they grew up and a new counter culture replaced it.

I think all the girls are literal prostitutes now.

This saddens me greatly because I was a fan of the look.

>degenerate

Yep.

>What happened to emos

They look like this now and are in their early 20s

All former EMOs are now right-wingers. Wasn`t Tokyo Hotel one of them?

I had one as my classmate during the first year of Uni. People liked to joke about him in a I-thought-you-guys-were-extinct way.
He ended up turning into some weird pills junkie and ultimately got expelled a year and a half later. I never heard of him ever since.

they grew beards and started going to coachella and now they attend faggy emo nostalgia nights. That's it, the end.

Fucking luckly yeah. But in art schools its beginning to breed

this is also true for a portion of them

this is because emo's didnt have a political agenda, maybe they wanted cheaper razors

The fuck? Dance music is electronic what's the meaning of this redundant E.

This.
Also they were so fucking cute...! So skinny and with those eyes swimming in eyeliner.

Ex emo here.

The fad died out around 2008. I just grew out of it like most people. You can't exactly go an apply for jobs with dyed black hair and eyeliner.

I still listen to some of the bands like AFI and Underoath.

Emo music is still a thing, they're all straight edge vegan hipsters nowadays

cause you can dance to nigger bongos

I had piercings, emoish hair and black/white clothes but never acted the part, thank god.

Ironically, it was the time of my life when I propably got the most top tier pussy of my life but I got accepted into an university so I turned into a protohipster. Then I graduated and got a job and now I mainly dress smart casual and wear watches.

It was a phase but a pretty fun phase, nowhere as serious as the current sjw trend. We all were pretty much friends with one another, despite differences in music or whatnot

They became SJWs or normies.

They are currently wearing whatever the fuck Hot Topic is selling them.

In australia they married older guys in their early 20s and popped out a few kids. Most of them weren't actually shit people, just used the subculture as a means to express their other half.

You're forgeting all of their bands are extinct.

Even the rasmus became a boyband

>what happened to them all?

Screamo.

>it was the time of my life when I propably got the most top tier pussy of my life

I can relate. It's funny how some guys laugh at emos for looking gay but in reality I never got more pussy than when I was emo.

No, they traded their weirdo hairstyle and wristbands and shit for flannel shirts, full beards, and undercuts.

Basically, they went to college and became hipsters/sjws.

AHAHAHA omg that name brings back memories

you grew up and graduated highschool

its not that they dont exist. youre just too young to see them making out with themselves in the hallway

... Maybe I'm just old but, "dance" music when I was younger was always electronic, it evolved out of techno...

Robert Smith wasn't an emo.

This is basically summing up what my experience was and I spent a good chunk of time going to basement shows and real shows and like I was trying to say, there was an intangible shift where you could see the people sick of the culture but still liked some of the bands. What's strange is seeing how many kids pretended they liked it and adopting the culture probably made it implode, the queerest aesthetic band I ever saw during that era was probably number 12 looks like you and they just had the hair going on and actually musically knew their shit.

What was hardcore about emos? The straight edge ethos?

I want an emo girlfriend, still.
I swear they still exist, somewhere.

>the rasmus
>became a boyband

Am I missing something here?

youtu.be/-BngZOrGl0c

I miss New Metal way more than Emo.

Lot of normies listened New Metal and many were right wing.

make goth manly again

Yes. They are doing lot of romantic and soft songs Backstreet Boys tier.

Also, Asking Alexandria literally has normie dance musics

Wrong. Sup Forumsacks are a just a bunch of fat NEETs. You guys are not edgy or smart like emos or goths. You're just fat and virgin

I was emo my whole highschool career. When I got older and started growing facial hair I realized I couldn't keep it up forever. I still have long hair, but I don't straighten it or anything I just keep it in good condition. It was fun now I can't really listen to metal core because it all sounds the same. Pic is me in ninth grade

I had a lot of emo mates they just turned normies mostly

How did emos got into SJW culture?
A lot of emo songs are about killing your girlfriend.

The posers fade away.
The genuine got drunk on "reality"

I regret never fucking an emo girl

Former scenester here, what you normies call "emo"

Most of us have morphed into instagram hipsters, you know- beard, tattoos, still wearing skinny jeans, etc.

They are insanely sexually deviant

Robert Smith and Morrisey invented the genre...literally. Emo people grew out of angsty music from the 1980s, Beetlejuice gave this movement a shove forward as well with Winona Rider's character.

Same user. I went to a country school and girls ate that shit up. Being emo was so fun and it gave me a lot of confidence in myself as strange as it sounds

Sjwidf pls go

Way too far ahead of his time. Too bad.

What about the cure?

I'd prefer the little twats over what we have now we live in sad times

I wasn't an emo, but for the sake of conversation let's say I was a soft emo. I listened to some of the music (I was more into thrash and old school shit like). All my serious GF's were emos except for one. This could just be my area, but a few align with Sup Forums politically nowadays. Conversely, a few of them are hardcore SJWs as well.

Goths were first, they morphed into emos, they transformed into scene kids, they turned into hipsters, and hipsters became unironic swagfag wiggers

i was emo

i remember walking home from school in the rain 1 day and listening to MCR, after that I was super sad

no doubt the jewluminati injected MK into the music to teach me suicide

affects me to this day, im not even joking. fuck you illuminati

this. I could stand the constant complaining about life being complete shit, but the SJW assholes add the assigning collective blame part

I hope this fad also disappears fast

Counter cultures since the end of world war 2

Beatniks 50s to mid 60s
Hippies 60s to mid 70s
Punk 70s to mid 80s
Grunge mid 80s to late 90s
Emo 2000s
Hipster current

Counter cultures reflect the politics of the day and are exactly that they end when the political issues become non issues, which also coincides when the people bitching grow up.

Grunge and the alt scene from the early 90s is really the only odd one out, prosperity from the 80s literally gave the kids nothing to bitch about so it was all about not giving a fuck.
This inevitably evolved into emo when shit was fucked but I can't do anything about it. Then chanology and the Birth of the fucking hipster.

That's funny, the most confident I've ever been in my life was when I was a scene kid

I think it's because I was part of a cohesive group that was mysterious to normies. I kind of felt I was removed from normal society and that no one's opinion of me mattered because they weren't scene and didn't understand.

me too :/

also most weren't depressed just enjoyed sad romantic music.

The funny thing is that even though these people get called emo, emo was around in the late 80's and was pretty much dead by 2004. This guy on reddit wrote some pretty good posts on the history of emo. He's a raging commie but just bear with it because there's not really anything better out there
reddit.com/r/Emo/comments/4353dk/emo_history_lesson_part_1_emocore/
reddit.com/r/Emo/comments/439tfq/emo_history_lesson_part_2_basement_emo/
reddit.com/r/Emo/comments/43ffeq/emo_history_lesson_part_3_san_diego/
reddit.com/r/Emo/comments/43lies/emo_history_lesson_part_4_midwest_emo/
reddit.com/r/Emo/comments/4913pt/emo_history_lesson_part_5_emo_pop/
He also wrote a post talking about how people in OP's pic ended up existing
reddit.com/r/Emo/comments/52znsf/emo_history_lesson_sidebar_scenecore/

Was more of a purposely degenerate(although we're middle class) black metal type guy in high school.
I just did it because chicks get wet for some reason of an edgy dude.
My first gf was one of those notorious gothic skandinavien chicks, those ones are fucking freaks in bed.

Malaysia, you left the projector on again.

t. Sigmund Freud

I like that band.

When I was 5yo I remember my parents driving me somewhere and singing "spinning on that dizzy edge I kissed her face and kissed her head" together...and my father kissing my mother.

Don't know why I remember it so vividly but I do.

I was never one myself but back in highschool my friends and I hanged out near their hive. I believe they all evolved into what was known as "scene". I wonder what the current trend among teenagers is?

Emos just wanted to listen to faggy music and fuck each other. I know from experience, I got a LOT of emo pussy. They didn't give a shit about politics, "white guy".

can confirm

Goth subculture also existed at the same time as grunge both were similar in concept just music taste differed

I know exactly how you feel user.

They are now adult hipsters.

Hardcore is a genre of music

They're to hypnotized by their hand computers to form any cohesive cliques.

There was one, my first kiss actually, she had huge DD/Es and wed experiment all kinds of shif. She was way more experienced than me ah the corruption

GODDAMMIT I MISS EMOS NOW.

SEND HELP

I dont accept that they went EDM, at least in australia they went into hardstyle

>tfw I will never have an emo girl choke on my dick at a mall bathroom

C-cute

I knew plenty of emos. Not a single one of them "went EDM". They all went and got a job.

>what is Tango
>what is Salsa
>what is polynesian tribal crab dance

Btfo

Who what context user

Oh fuck off cunt emos are just as awful. I dated one. They are turbo psychos

Stop me if I'm rambling, but what if they were another symptom of an unequivocally fucked up society, like hippies and the Vietnam war, but due to the modern society mass media and internet pressures to conform they quickly died out. I mean, you've probably seen a fellow Sup Forums user on the street and didn't notice a thing. Outside of the few shut-ins, we're normal people, with thought crimes of a magnitude that the insane literally think they're worth the death penalty.