Medieval/Templar themed Rust/Minecraft like game

Me and a friend are making a game based around gathering, crafting and building bases and siege weapons to combat other people. I am Curious, Does Sup Forums think we would get support or would we get attacked by Muslims?

Here is kinda a preview of how you can build with the blocks. We have bigger pieces like walls and stuff but we were able to do a system where we can have hundreds of thousands of blocks rendered without effecting graphical performance.

You won't finish it (or even start it most likely) and if you did itll be ruined by hackers in seconds on public servers like all of those games

Sorry that is a pic for ants.
Here is a better one.

It is almost finished and we will be having a private alpha test shortly. Between me and my colleague we have over 30 years of development experience. We have built the networking with serverside authorization to ensure hacking isnt possible, like world of warcraft does.

maybe you support the muslims :'(

>unity block building game #4825775
You're going to need something more to stand out from the crowd, and you're going to need features to compete with games that have been developing for years and years. The only good thing is that the majority of those games are made by autists who tear down their whole featureset every couple of months to rebuild it "more betterer" and never make any forward progress.

I think inspiring the userbase to work together to actually siege and build siege equipment together would be something to keep them apart from other similar games
All it needs is to have a good system to get people to stop being retarded and work together, and a good combat system so a castle can't be defended by one person, so hopefully people do forge alliances and whatnot

We know that there are many games that use block building systems, the blocks are only a part of the system.

The features that we have besides this are guilds, mounts/mounted combat, Boats/naval combat, Siege weapons like catapults, ballista, trebuchet, cannons.

The networking we have designed in theory can accommodate over several hundred players per server, at a time.

The combat is basically like Dark souls or rather completely physical/ranged based.

Combat system features rolling/dodging, blocking and melee and ranged weapon attacks so far. The siege weapon combat is like as interactive as we could make it so far, involving having to crank a lever to draw trebuchet, load projectile ammo, pull lever to fire etc.

I'm a big fan of dark souls PVP, and would love to see it completely incorporated or at least close enough in a game like this, so good on ya user

I would recommend making the water more necessary for survival. Make it so you need to build by a water source. Make it so if you're trying to sabotage someone you can pollute their water and make their crops die. Things that can give you an edge besides retards swinging swords.

Starvation is an underappreciated method of winning a siege
How about options to throw rotting corpses into their walls with catapults to disease them?

Give me my Deus Vult and you can have my money

Make shitskins an enemy and then tag the "blah blah multicultural dev team" at the intro

That is a pretty interesting idea, the current map does have a large island surrounded by sea. On the land there are places where water is but we have not really incorporated water as a necessity yet. We are planning to finish the system for planting and growing plants from seeds that you get from gathering from wild plants on the map. I will be sure to pitch the idea of needing water to grow as it does make sense and would add more of a realism to growing food.

I really do not like Muslims. There is an equipment set being worked on for them though..

Any gamepage where we can see the development being made and is there a way to fund this?

We are making an indiegogo within the next 2 weeks. The game is called Siege of Ages we are working on the website currently but we do have a facebook page for it so far.

That's neat. I like that, different religious equipment sets. Still need to fufil my inner need to starve out a city/town of zer rush shitskins.

The stave mechanic could be as simple as giving your harvest Harvest Points, and when attacking a town you can raze crop fields or commandeer them to temporarily gimp your opponents base HP.

No developer ever finishes these survival/crafting games, but they get on Steam Early Access and (probably) make the devs big money, before fizzling out into an uncompleted boring mess.

I say go for it OP and get in on that sweet Early Access bux.

Make it so you can play as whatever race and gender you want. That's what all the good and inclusive games do these days so I'd strongly suggest it.

This

/thread

I'd play as an Emu so I can rape and kill your entire family mate

Nigger you have an ID for a reason now stop shitposting and go choke on some vegemite

>make their crops die

Historically this is pretty much impossible to do. The only way to kill crops are widespread drought, burning or trampling them, everything else requires too much manpower and resources.

questions.

1. are u designing the models and shit urself? using what?

2. what game engine u using? and language to code game

You should add weather to make it more interesting. Just stuff like fog and rain since things like that could have a big effect on a siege.

So far we have white male/female that you can choose from. We can make more but we have been focusing heavily on gameplay mechanics for the private test phase. I do not think we will make transgender or trans species or whatever it is called an option.

it will get attacked by russians

Bigot

We have a dynamic weather system, basic so far but it will get more development.

Eh, while I like the idea I mean this Rust/Minecraft genre is already hugely overbloated, and its far too similar. I mean try and make it really different in someway so it doesn't seem like the same old thing. Thats my advice.

You don't need to reply to Aussies don't worry

Play the fuck out of Chivalry and rip their best ideas.

I want this game.

>Making video games about Crusades instead of participating in your own Crusades

tbqhfam this is white af

We make everything ourselves. We use Blender and Unity.

How much will it cost, player base is pretty important can't play a multi-player game without multiple players

R E M O V E K E B A B

I like op but please know that while the market of rust/craft knock off is overloaded if you don't give up and get rid of those stupid blocks in favor of a non shit building system, AND actually finish it(not just be an infinite alpha release) then you got my scheckels

Programmer here, when is alpha?
How can we help if we even can, you seem to have way more experience than me as you said 30 years. I'm just finished uni.

Need a website or anything?
Could do that as a side project.

Mount and blade nigga, fuck that dank souls rip.
or blend a bit of both for ALL my schekles

Wew laddies hes right

why don't you start one boi? i'll fly to your shit hole to join you when you do

You can like the facebook page Siege of Ages and follow us there. We are working on our development toolkit that we can distribute for content developers going to be looking for some here soon. The alpha will be during and after the crowdfunding campaign, people will be able to get keys via email invites.

So what, you're building a Reign of Kings clone? I'm sure your game will actually be finished someday, kek

I know about this game, never bought or played it but we have watched a lot of videos about it, although we share some aspects with this game we do not see them as competition. I think our game will be more feature rich and better designed. We have not focused on the graphical development as much as we plan on however the planned aim is better than reign of kings and somewhere around skyrim level at least or better.

According to the research we have done on the reign of kings game they are not even skilled enough to prevent really basic hacking.