Did Men in Black forsee "fake news" future?

youtube.com/watch?v=brawJsSUtxk
"[Tabloids are the] best investigator reporting of the Planet. Go ahead, read The New York Times if you want to, they are lucky sometimes".
Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jqALdkTArqs
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/vaticancityandholysee/7416458/Chief-exorcist-says-Devil-is-in-Vatican.html
snopes.com/fbi-warned-about-white-supremacists/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Everything you know exists as part of a control system. This control system is narrated. If someone narrates it, it becomes a narrative. Don't believe everything you see.

I am unaware of this particular publication though...

hyperbolic comparison but i see what you mean

its prob that we have reached a point where journalism cannot exist without political consent

and the only thing that looks like real journalism or investigative reporting is the stuff we do

This.

we've had "fake news" in america...since before we were officially "america". there was only this bright point about 50 years ago where there was some sense of honor starting and the public was holding these chuckle-heads to high ideals. now that time is gone but the journos want to believe they still have this vaulted position in our society.

I mean, do you think traditional press with all their PC would someday show this news?

It's not their job to do that.

>people didn't think the news were liars back then

This board is full of children who should be posting on /x/ instead

No, the movie Network did.

In MiB it was just a joke.
But then MSM turned themselves into a joke.

You're just noticing it more - it was made that way.

We have another example right now: traditional press didn't show the face of the "terrorist" (I have serious doubts it was him, because no one could be so dumb to go with his ID doing that). Any foreign press could surpass German photoshop, but it was Daily Mail who did it.

1984 came out before MIB

Does seeing that information from a single source reinforce it for you? Is this something we've always done, or have we only lately started to favour one source over many? What does this say about our trust in the media? I'd say this was a favourable thing, but have concerns as to where people have started looking for truth.

Dont forget one of the papers say "satan escapes from hell"
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jqALdkTArqs
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/vaticancityandholysee/7416458/Chief-exorcist-says-Devil-is-in-Vatican.html
How literal is this meant to be?

>the only thing that looks like real journalism or investigative reporting is the stuff we do
this is what stormfags actually believe

Thank an user on Sup Forums day

But it's true, nobody here has any reason to lie, aside from the shills

I think he meant that we should all find our own way of looking at things if we don't trust the media. But yes, stormfags probably do believe this.

The new york times is literally the most reputable newspaper in the world. It is how they say it is, every single time. To deny it is to confirm ones own personal bias

>Holocaust denial is journalism
>This is what basement dwellers actually believe

Jesus, how did we get on to that subject? Just drop the Holocaust right in there, you know I hadn't thought about it today...

Yes, but they are the most reliable. MSM always lies.

THIS.

She could've had my vote if she was honest about it. That's all I ask.

To have a personal bias would mean we had a personality. We should avoid this.

Because bullshit news is such a new thing, and before the current year newspapers never contained bullshit. The Men In Black movie was really prophetic in foreseeing a newspaper might print bullshit stories. Wow. This is really mindblowing.

Or maybe, just maybe the newspapers always printed bullshit and spin. Ever thought of that, Davidson?

> dont believe your eyes, believe my lies
Fuck off anglo.

Dissapoint.

They all lie. Everyone lies.

Yes, you're correct that you are able to see it, but the phrase 'the media is the message' is true. Your (our) increased access to media, and your access to contrary media may mean that there's been an increase in false narratives, but they've been there longer than you or I have been alive. They existed before the media!

Try pizzagate. Or perhaps gamergate, even if /vg/ and Sup Forums went a bit overboard. Also, sandy hook. Hell our happening threads source the gumans name and pictures of him before MSM. What else do you call that?

Most of Sup Forums are Holocaust deniers. How can you call what such a place does journalism?

Ad hominem tu quoque?

It's more about method than belief - how far people will go to find things out for themselves, at least that's what I got from the comment. People here find things out for themselves. You're right, there's a whole lot of confirmation bias in here which leans one way, but there are always others. Some of us tune in to that rather than the echos in the chamber. That's your (you).

>thinking the germans actually systemetically killed all foreigners instead of using them as cheap workforce and that they didnt die because of the allied bombing the ways of supplies making it even more difficult to being medical and food supply to get to the camps killing all the inmates through food and medical shorttage in times where even the german people starved

Wew

The Nazis gassed people in the death camps. This is widely understood.

There you go again. 'Widely understood'.

Example aside of 'that terrible event' why is this a good thing? I can laugh at Hans's comment, and that's what I take from it - as intended. But you not only relate denial of the Holocaust to the event itself, to which none of us were witness, but to your understanding of truth itself - truth is what other people believe.

Stop that.

I bet they wouldn't even meet with him.

My point is that stating things which we know to be untrue, like the Holocaust didn't happen, is not journalism.

He's got the digits. I'm not saying I agree...but digits...

Sure, and the US cops shoot random people. However saying this is ordered from the higher ups and to systematically get rid of all the jews is still ridiculous. Sure some jews were killed in the camps. Maybe as an example to not step over the limits, maybe because they broke some rules, probably even by some sadistic campgusrds, but that still isnt a systematical genocide/holocaust.

> They existed before the media!
And people assimilated them.
You are not always in control of what you`ve destroyed, or I`ll be dead for a hour now.

Maybe.

snopes.com/fbi-warned-about-white-supremacists/

Maybe not. Trust is earned.

You're missing the point overall. 'We' believe. You believe, and others believe, but there will always be people who won't. It's pointless arguing about it if you'll never see eye to eye on the subject. People here will always try to goad you, but at the end of the day all that matters is what you take from it. You must have some reason to be here apart from the Holocaust, right user?

Im a krautkebap liberal, they cant label me as white supremacist lmao

Truth I'm afraid. It really isn't what you believe other people believe it is. Strange that.

>Foresee
No. You just woke up later than they did.

Are you sure you are awake?

Its clear you lack the intellectual capacity to be on here for anything other than shitposting.

My advice to you (in case I'm mistaken and you can be redeemed);
>The point made in the film is somewhat true. Tabloids as a whole are populist and tell people what they want to hear ie the truth (mostly).
>Question everything. The moment you believe you know something for sure is the moment you have swallowed propaganda.
>Not all of Sup Forums are stormfags. There are some however and we do have a general consensus on certain issues.
>Sup Forums is merely a place to expose yourself to opinions. Do not take anything here posted as fact. Do your own research.
>Leave Sup Forums and go outside. Too much exposure will literally drive you insane.
>Sweden is eternally cucked judging by the things discussed here and the quality of swedish posters.
>Sup Forums can be a potent weapon in expanding the mind. It can also narrow it.
>Leftists/communists are pseudo-intellectuals. They have read Das Kapital and think they are smart.

People have been taking shots at the industry of news media ever since political powers have had their hands in the main players.

It was a good joke.

Go...outside. There is nothing besides this place. Nothing. Until the day comes for war.

The National Enquirer actually does have a lot of journalistic integrity because people try to sue them a lot and they need to defend it. The fake news organizations call them fake news because they pay sources and focus on celebrity gossip.

Stop waiting for war, dammit. Experience this world firsthand, before we start our own.

They did use the stronger, younger, and healthier ones for labor and only exterminated them if they could no longer be made use of.

The Germans most definitely systematically killed Jews, gypsies, retards, and some others. You're free to keep inventing reasons why it couldn't have happened and why it would've been illogical while ignoring mountains of evidence, but that's your choice.

Jesus, no one gives a shit you whiny little faggot. The only people who even bring it up are lefties. Most discussion on Sup Forums isn't even remotely related to that, and very few people accept it. Most just consider it a possibility.
You're clearly just using the holocaust as a smokescreen. Sup Forums has been the sole source of any amount of honesty on government corruption in the US election and foreign countries giving power to Islamic barbarians. All other media have been trying to deny it without investigating it at all. It's a blatant coverup.

>Experience this world firsthand, before we start our own.
Sounds like globalist talk to me.

nice conspiracy

They have been making stuff up since before the Gutenberg Press. Our entire civilization is steeped in deception and lies.

The Earth is flat and the Sun revolves around it
>this was once widely understood

Fucking bjelland

Yeah, shame it's one that's becoming increasingly illegal to discuss. Can't think of another one like it in that respect.