How is it possible that 5 years ago when I was a progressive...

How is it possible that 5 years ago when I was a progressive, I was 100% confident in my beliefs and that right wingers were literally Hitler who needed to be gassed. Yet now I'm the opposite and I'm 100% confident in my beliefs and that the left needs to be purged.

What do? I'm sure I'm not the only one. What is it about politics that causes this?

You grew out of liberalism, like most rational men do

nothing to do with politics. you grew up.

You woke up and started looking at the world critically instead of just basing your views on feelings.

Because you're a bitch
Follow the only true ideology : contrarianism

it's because you have no nuance to your views and are easily influenced by stupid bullshit.

If you're not liberal at 20, you have no heart.

If you're not conservative at 30, you have no head.

how old are you OP?

Im willing to believe that you are between 20 and 30 years of age, and in this time period for males (assuming you are male) we go through a psychological change. similar to the physical change from 10-15, the psychological changes made from 20-30 is the most significant evolutional period of your life.

Enjoy it while you can OP.

This.

If you went from one extreme of the spectrum to the other you are most likely a weak minded suggestionable idiot.

because when youre little you rely on people to survive but once your older and ablebodied you rely on yourself , liberals litterly psychologically need a strong authority to take care of them just like children do

Because Sup Forums told you too be like that

It's either or , I would like to think most people grow up and begin to look at the world rationally, but I'm not going to hold my breath for that any time soon.

/thread

This. OP's also lacking in identity.

got anything to backup that claim? Seems interesting. My way of thinking started to change quite a bit after I hit 25

Because your beliefs are confirmed with life experience which for most people changes over time. If you are wise enough you will eventually settle on a decisive worldview. This is why SCOTUS justice picks should be at least 50 years old, so they don't flip one way or the other when their lives suddenly get cozy and insulated.

Truth has a way of shining through lies

bah

>you are most likely a weak minded suggestionable idiot.
Wow I am, thanks dude

Don't forget the fact that most people growing up in the US are constantly bombarded with fully-pozzed propaganda nearly 24/7.

It was kind of the same with me, only 10 years ago, but I firmly believe that I didn't change that much at all, it's just that the entire left went insane, idiotic fringe believes are now their core gospel.

Truth will set you free my friend. Progressivism spreads by hedonism and burying your head in the sand. Being "progressive" makes people think like they are helping people ergo making them feel better about their insecurity.

I don't know man. I'm 35. I've been grown for a while now.

I suppose this is possible. It's just crazy how one can be so sure of each and swing so far away.

I'm honestly wondering if I might go leftist again in Trumps second admin. Probably not because I'm a white male

Actually I've slaved over this shit. I didn't come by it lightly at all nigger

See above

The switch had already happened before Sup Forums, at least it was almost complete. Maybe this place pushed me a little farther

Those right-wingers in our youth are cunts like Joe Lieberman and Jack Thompson.
I fucking hate fundies, and I hate SJWs because they are fundies.
I am a liberal, but "liberal establishment" is a cancerous growth on modern society.

Just turned 25. I was a cuck not too long ago. And no it wasn't Sup Forums, I sought it out after the fact.

Although for me it may have been that I just moved to AZ to work and am close to marrying my girl and raising a family.

There is no going back.

I think it's this and I seemed out things away from that machine

This is definitely part of it. I'm a white male so the left hates me

Could be this too. I definitely don't party like I once did

you probably have a problem with the establishment, very much like the majority of Sup Forums, and not with a particular ideology.

Sup Forums is right wing and I believe will always be, but the rest of Sup Forums is basically a counter-culture movement. anyone with too much power must be gassed and/or purged.

Because you are, and have always been, very easily led.

>I think it's this and I seemed out things away from that machine

Sought out*

same thing happened to me, about 4 or 5 years ago I started to question things. I noticed how my liberal friends reacted when I brought up these things with them. they freaked out. I think that's when I realized something was terribily wrong with them.

>What is it about politics that causes this?
because you're a gullible piece of shit :^)

doesn't mean that the right wing is wrong though

You need to find a balance. I fully enjoy many things decried as degenerate on social media like Burning Man and psychedelics. Plenty of blue haired leftists hold many alt-right positions as well, heck most far left loons hate Israel worse than the 14/88rs.

protect yourselves friends

Underrated

Take it from an oldfag (41), people get more conservative once they start paying taxes and having to deal with faggots, niggers, and kikery on a regular basis.

hehehehe Great Braziuuu

Most respects from here to you

does he also protect against islamic lorries?

I thought this too. OP sounds kind of spineless.

> I'm a white male
It's this OP.

The left has gone way too far, and is not campaigning for tollerance and equality like you thought. They are preaching supremacy and the destruction of you and people like you. They have alienated you, demonized you, and are completely intollerant of you.

It's only natural to feel attacked, become defensive, and start to hate those who clearly hate you.

My mother has flu so I have to reply Argie Nigger

I feel exactly the same way.

You grew up.

34 year old here. Was left wing in my early 20's and moved further and further to the right as I've gotten older.

I'm generally center-right until about noon, after I've had a few coffees and socialized with people. During the afternoon and early evening I'm center-left. By 9pm or so I'm generally tired of people and become center-right again so I come on Sup Forums to shitpost.

Anyways if you consider yourself right wing you're just as delusional as the left. Especially if you unironically consider Trump to be some sort of saviour. He's just a man, and a charlatain at that. Putting all your eggs in one basket is blue pilled as fuck.

I am moving more to the right the older I get. ent from Blair > Tories > UKIP> Trump > Now I am an angry fucking nationalist that wants the 90s back when Pakis werent everywhere

You're an easily led faggot.
I don't care what side you're on, i can't respect someone as desperate for belonging as you.
Go away and then kill yourself

Sounds like you're easily manipulated

I never felt that extremely, but I used to be a progressive liberal dressed in cargo pants and shit. That was in my teens. When I grew up I became a conservative dressed in flannel and jeans. I guess we all just grow up some day.

far lefties really do hate Israel, more than countries such as Cuba, and Iran. It is full on 1488, but they don't even notice it, because they fell for the "jews are the problem" meme, just from the other side of the horseshoe.

It really is fucking nuts how emotional they get. Thinking back I probably did similar things

I'm not full blown natsoc or anything. I like freedom pretty well. But the left needs to be destroyed.

I'm 35

This is definitely part of it, and a big one, but even other now seems insane to me outside of the identity politics.

It happened to me to. I think the biggest contributing factor was the understanding that culture = race. Once you come to that conclusion, you realize that to preserve the culture, you must preserve the race of the culture. Hopefully in a peaceful way; I want a multicultural world, not a multicultural nation.

zoopity doopity doo.

Basically with politics like this one thing can change you drastically. All it takes is one stray thought like "Why does being a fucking white male mean I am an awful person" and soon that line of thinking will make you see other things they say differently as well.

For the opposite the right lost a lot of people in the past for being too religious. Not even a joke, as people became less religious they stopped caring about politics heavily based on religion (IE: Abortion and things religious people are very likely to have a strong stance on) and moved more to the left.

>in highschool hardcore liberal
>fuck repubs ugh..they're evil
Now
>Fuck libs they're faggots
>Fucking liberal media and college being controlled and manipulated by the government is what i see now and i want no part of it.

Jesus Christ is Lord.

you're just a tool

You're mentally unstable.
5 years from now you'll be into something else.

I went from one end to the other but have been there since, not moderating down to lolbertarianism

the 3rd position is the only way

Depends what media you allow to program you, and how much history, psychology, and economics you have studied. If you think Keynes soros and krugman are all deluded morons, I would reevaluate your education and your media habits.

>desperate for belonging

Almost completely isolated from friends and family

Exactly, if you are 100% convinced of anything, that is a warning sign

Rofl it's the normie centrist fags who are the weak minded suggestible idiots. Mussolini himself went from commie to based fascist.

Paolo?

well played user, well played

I voted for Obama four times if you count both primaries and I voted for Trump twice, primary and General so I'm in the same boat you are.
I blame the left going full racist against white men.

>pic related

Were you really 100% though, back in the liberal days?
I've found this with a ton of fellow former liberals (almost all male, however) that I've talked to - there was always that little..not even enough to be a voice in the back of our heads, but it was this sensation that we were willingly subscribing to a belief that could never QUITE fully connect to that level of reality that would have properly satisfied our minds. We always tried, we'd have all these theories and reframes of every concept to try and take them to that bedrock of reasoning but it just always felt like we weren't being totally, altogether honest with ourselves.

Progressive liberalism felt decent, moral, kind, upstanding. It felt righteous, but it never felt quite right. It itched in a way I never experienced since finding things like traditionalism.

Tomá tu (vos)

I don't think we changed so much as the left changed.

5 years ago nobody talked about:
>lgqtbbq69 rights
>white guilt trips
>mass pity immigration

It's like the the left went as far as the could then fell into a bottomless pit.

The rhetoric has changed, the new face of progressive liberalism are way too extreme for people with common sense.

5 years ago we talked about gay marriage, now they want you to accept 75 new genders.

5 years ago we talked about how the word "nigger" were offensive, now we talk about micro aggression and cultural appropriation.

and look how well that turned out for him, faggot

Glenn beck is a good case in point, from right wing tool now to advocate of decency in public discourse, but he is a college dropout too

I never really grew into a liberal viewpoint when I was a kid. I started going on Sup Forums in 2006 when I was 12 (come at me, mods)., and then sometime in 2012 started frequenting Sup Forums since Sup Forums turned into a shithole. As long as I've been political I've generally held the same beliefs and Sup Forums has probably exacerbated some of those, but really I think only spineless entitled pussies are liberals, which is roughly 50% of my generation, and why we almost elected Hillary and went down the shitter. Bad parenting has raised a generation of dirtbags.

Conservatives go full retard when defending their administration. Democrats go full retard when defending their administration and would be successor.

One can only wonder why someone would want to purge.

It's because you're an idiot with an extreme personality who bases his political views on nonconformity for the sake of being an outsider.

Have you got a real job? I know I began changing when I finally switched to salary and saw the taxes.

Trump definitely made me more political though as well because I began watching C-SPAN congressional hearings and the Dems absolutely enraged me with how fucking dumb and race baiting they were in everything.

I ebbed through all the transitions over the years and I've come to realize one thing: politics is tribalism renewed. It's no longer about truth, or anything resembling discourse, it's a fucking tribal branding to be a part of something in a world growing larger by the year.

It's all bullshit. Every avenue of being is false, really. There's too many variables to take into account when trying to manipulate large swaths of the populace.

You grew up and realized who was behind flooding the world with heroine meth and degeneracy?

This is a Necker cube. If you focus on the bottom right square, it looks like you are looking down and to the left at a cube. But if you focus on the upper right square, it looks like you are looking up and to the right at the cube. You can go back and forth.

That is, your whole perception changes when only one part changes. Your brain tries to make the whole fit with a single part.

This is gestalt psychology. It was invented by Jews.

Because your movement got flooded with loser morons who were serious and vocal about those opinions, and it forced you to look in the mirror.

Also helps that you're The Enemy to them if you're white and have a dick. So your choice was either fuck off or become a cuck for people who will always condescend you for stupid reasons.

I voted for him once because I wanted to see a system change. The second time I was on to his lies and just didn't vote cause Romney was shit as well.

Politics doesn't cause it. You just have an average, easily swooned brain and emotional problems that cause you to overestimate certainty.

The true red pill is critical thinking. The smartest people on earth are just right of center.

Nigger

Nice

BOLUDO VIADO SEU PUTO ME CHUPA

Wow, OP is right, I guess all political thought is totally meaningless and the leftards who want to end our Constitution are blameless.
I can tell you how it was for me: I was protected from reality and therefore became stupid. As soon as I had to pay bills and answer for my activity I started to go hard right.

Because you can't think for yourself. You blindly begin to believe the opinions of whoever you hang out with most due to the inherent tribal attributes in the human brain and social construct.

The far right is not better than the far left. They're both equal shades of messed up. It's just that right now, the far left is full of stupidity and hypocrisy.

Lots of people who go through a youthful phase of communism were really just natsocs who weren't yet red pilled on race, women, and Jews. You sound like a normie who doesn't belong on /pol.

fuck, me too, leaf. 29 year old here

>changing views during day, with/without coffee

lmao sheesh right there with you too...

Hard to say without knowing your situation.

I grew up a liberal pothead, surrounded by thus practicing hippie values. Atheist. Cuck.

Then I lived in Waianae, HI for 2 years as a serious minority, 9.35% White. Many people in the area fucking hate white people especially US military, but almost everyone was respectful to me as long as I was to them and especially their CULTURE. They also have their own niggers, they literally call them roaches, Micronesians. They go over to live on state taxpayer money and stolen food, multiply, and fill up the already limited # of housing developments.

...If white people made minorities beholden to our cultures on our own clay these days, the backlash would be incredible.

Ultimate redpill

If you're not liberal at 20 you have no heart and if you're not conservative at 40 you have no brain.

I would hope that, over the course of your life, you question things -- which, in turn, leads to a changing of views.

Granted, it didn't work for the culture of most Hawaiians as a state because the cities (Honolulu, etc) are completely inundated with chinks.

ITT: a bunch of 16-22 y.o. physically/emotionally-abused edgelords telling oldfags to get "more nuanced views"

KEK

maybe stop rushing to conclusions and instead of riding on the popular train try to come up with your own understanding faggots

Nigger

>only unpopular opinions count as thinking for yourself

got it, edgelord

You're just an idiot. An emotional faggot.

When the ovens are turning back on you'll probably run like a bitch.

Yep. You either had an epiphany, which it doesn't seem like you did, or you're an outcome of your surroundings; surround yourself with Sup Forums and you become more Sup Forums-like in your opinions, it's not that surprising

The true red pill is somewhere in the middle. Just look at how many goons believe Brexit is actually a good thing.

The problem with conservatives is they are beligerant (sp?) and grumpy.

Things....

Best part of being Redpilled is that it's nearly impossible to reverse.