Twitter

tick tock tick tock

vanityfair.com/news/2016/12/two-more-executives-join-exodus-at-twitter

Other urls found in this thread:

qz.com/519388/this-saudi-prince-now-owns-more-of-twitter-than-jack-dorsey-does/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

post an archive link faggot
Vanity Fair was readable 15 years ago, but i ain't clicking that shit today user

to think i used to admire this guy.
turns out he's a total cuck.

>At a time when Twitter is perhaps more important than it’s ever been, as the soapbox of choice for the garrulous incoming president, the company appears to be struggling more than it ever has. In 2016, Twitter lost several key executives; hit its all-time lowest stock price; laid off 9 percent of its workforce; shuttered parts of its business, including Vine, while still struggling to form a cohesive video strategy for the company; considered selling itself; failed to sell itself; and now continues to grapple with its responsibilities to police hate speech, harassment, and misinformation in the wake of an election suffused with all three.

>And yet with just over a week left, Twitter’s bad-news year is apparently not quite finished. On Tuesday, two more key employees announced they were leaving the company. Adam Messinger, Twitter’s chief technology officer who had been at the company for five years, announced his exit. “After 5 years I’ve decided to leave Twitter and take some time off,” he tweeted. “Grateful to @jack for the opportunity and to my team for shipping.” Sources tell The New York Times that he won’t be going to join a competing tech company. Twitter’s V.P. of product, Josh McFarland, also announced Tuesday that he would be departing to join venture-capital firm Greylock Partners. McFarland lasted just nine months in the position, a key role that Twitter has struggled to fill in the past.

>McFarland and Messinger join former C.O.O. Adam Bain, who left Twitter last month, as the latest members of the slow-motion mass exodus at the San Francisco-based social-media juggernaut. As CNN’s Seth Fiegerman points out, more than half of Twitter’s leadership team has departed this year, including Messinger; Bain; V.P. of global media Katie Jacobs Stanton; S.V.P. of engineering Alex Roetter; V.P. of human resources Brian Skip Schipper; and S.V.P. of product Kevin Weil. Remaining now are C.E.O. Jack Dorsey, who is just over a year into his return as chief executive at the company; general counsel Vijaya Gadde; chief accounting officer Robert Kaiden; C.F.O. Anthony Noto, who is doing double-duty as C.O.O. following Bain’s departure; and recent arrival Leslie Berland, the company's C.M.O.

>The company’s c-suite increasingly looks like a revolving door, which doesn’t bode well for employee morale or the company’s stock price, a critical selling point as Dorsey struggles to recruit and retain top talent. In October, rumors swirled that the company would be acquired by any number of suitors, including Disney, Google, and Salesforce, none of which panned out. Now, after losing key executives responsible for its product and business, Twitter’s future looks more grim than ever. Here’s hoping Jack has some actionable resolutions for the new year.

End.

How do they plan on making money? Same with uber, these companies do not make money. Who keeps funnelling them cash?

>censor people you dont like
>have double standard rules for different people
>hosting CP and not doing anything about it for a long time, even banning the ones who reported it instead
>hosting ISIS accounts
>actively fuck with trending hashtags to push your own narrative

twitter deserves to burn

It's ok Jack Dorsey is planning to replace all those execs with saudi princes.

qz.com/519388/this-saudi-prince-now-owns-more-of-twitter-than-jack-dorsey-does/

Saudis

What i assume from it: (((jews))) want twitter to enforce censorship and remove """""hate speech""""". The administration might have tried to avoid it but they can do it anymore and will have to double down on the liberal agenda.

Execs who are against it want to distance themselves from it.

(((who))) indeed

They cant* do it anymore.

I love watching twitter implode
I imagine the powers that be don't care if it fails, as its harder to control than say, reddit, and they would be happy if Trump's twitter went down
>The Don should buy twitter

Is there another similar website to replace it? Its a very valuable tool for our work and without it I feel we will lose some sway with public opinion.

>CEO of twitter didnt get invited to Trump's meeting with tech leaders because "table is only so big"

>Trump instead has 3 seats for his eldest children and another for his son in law jared

JUST

Twitter will be dead before the midterm elections
Cap this

not a good idea to buy twitter

it has been losing tons of money since forever

it is not profitable

Not really. I ventured over to GAB and Minds to see if they were worth a damn but, honestly, they're just alt-right echo chambers. Like they talk about nothing but leftism. Don't get me wrong, I hate leftism but they literally talk about nothing else. I doubt they'll survive.

Yeah my nigs, what's the next twitter we can take over?

Twitter and Facebook are not long for this world.

>Adam
>Adam
>Alex
>Kevin
>Brian

FUCKING WHITE MALES

Youtube is making no profit, twitter is making no profit, reddit is making no money, Sup Forums making no profit, facebook is swimming in money.

Considering how much of a monopoly these things have, them being so unprofitable and being private companies is not a good situation.

uber takes a certain percentage of transactions right? like 20% or something?

It could be, all you need to do is charge people a fee to be able to write longer tweets. DONE.