Whats the line between memes and terrorist indoctrination, Sup Forums?

Whats the line between memes and terrorist indoctrination, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_Act_2006
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communications_Act_2003
legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/11/section/1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hello my white friend

who cares lol

who took the picture theN??

A true hero in that picture.

Seriously, this guy was memed into committing a terrorist attack

He was not "memed" I mean have you read his manifesto he's far from a stupid dude...okay he was autistic af but not at a point where he would kill people just for memes

they want to ban white terrorism and memes, and not islamic terrorism

Tactical bowl cut master-race

yes he was, listen to his confession, he said he googled "black on white crime" and fell into a vortex of neo-nazi information, he had no idea why he shot that church, or why he killed that people, he doesn't even want to think about it, he just got memed into shooting a bunch of black people

Dylan Roof and Timthy Mcveigh and ofc Notorius Sam Hyde are the only true Sup Forumsacks out there.

lmao, so this is what a defender of white, western civilization looks like, looks like a nerd that got bullied by blacks and had his white gf taken by one

Triple digits IQ.

How come that he took the time to write a diairy with his opinions about races if he was only memed ? Memes can help to make someone change his mind but are not the only reason that would cause someone to shoot people

yeah well, the next step for tpb is obviously to break down a distinction between funny memes and online radicalization, but how???

>his opinions
But they aren't "HIS" opinions, we all here recognize "his opinions", they are memes we have posted or seen posted thousands of times. He is just parroting a narrative.

>not the only reason
Yeah i agree, he was at least dissociative if you ask me, plus very lonely and clearly a retard from the shooting-practice videos, he lived in a illusory world inside his mind, which is also why memes were so harmful to him

More or less desu I try to think that an individual would have a bit of reflexion before commiting a mass shooting and question the reasons of it

Well but he didn't, and the fact he didn't will come back to bite everyone else in the ass, because clearly this kind of autists can't be trusted with access to the same info we all have

So what do we do

We let nature do its thing

Depends from country to country.
The relevant legislation in the UK would be :
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_Act_2006
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communications_Act_2003

legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/11/section/1

>'a statement that is likely to be understood by some or all of the members of the public to whom it is published as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to them to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism or Convention offences'

Intent, reckless disregard or glorification are all liable for prosecution.

McVeigh was literally Sup Forums before Sup Forums.

Mc veigh was based

No but you seem to think nobody gives a crap about the info-war

this is too broad, this guy killed 9 people because he accessed "black on white crime" instead of "black crime"

There is a single word of difference there that entirely changes the emotional nature of the information, and its posterior use as jutification for terrorism

in the early 90s some terrorist and inteligence groups like the CIA FSB MOS and KPT drove many youngsters to make this kind of behavior on Colleges against the government (yes in Peru we had many terrorist groups, and by coincidence all the intel agencies were too) using young lads to do tkind o shit, and they used the old yahoo, MIRC, icq and Messenger to contact them, you know Sup Forums maybe has many tards who fit perfectly on this type of pawn to exploit on these thing ... hellooooo CIA and FSB!!

>That good ole' Oranje Blanje Blou.

No-one kills for memes alone. The redpill can fracture ones mind though, but you have to be pretty autistic already to go to the lengths of this pleb.

Shit. We are rumbled. Start the van!

Whatever keeps me from getting shot/police at my door/put in gulag.

Did the material he read directly or indirectly encourage or induce him to commit the act of terrorism either intentionally or through reckless disregard? If so, then the websites he accessed are guilty of disseminating terrorist material.
A meme of black on white crime stats, which no reasonable person would consider a inducement to commit a act of terrorism, would not be considered responsible for his radicalisation.If the same meme with the stats had an addendum like ' Enough! it's time to strike back and drive fear into the hearts of our victimisers. You know what to do', then it would be reasonable to infer that the meme was a call for action, which would be illegal under UK law.

So i guess the answer to your question is:is there intent to encourage the perpetration of terrorist acts in the meme?

>which is also why memes were so harmful to him

WEAPONISED MEMES

But seriously, I guess he just didn't have anything to stop him from committing a heinous act.

Most of us don't do that because we think "I have too much to lose. I want to have a family in my life. If I shoot people, I will probably get caught, and won't be able to have kids. Plus I might get killed in prison."

Clearly this kid didn't have anything stopping him. I'm guessing his parents weren't especially active in his life.

Sup Forums can be pretty cancerous though. It's up to you to make your own decisions at the end of the day man. Recently I have been avoiding Sup Forums and going on other things because I realise Sup Forums is just making me unnecessarily angry, and not helping me. But it's up to you what you do man.

The thing here is the collision of three things:
1- Autism
2- Wording and presentation of information
3- Identity

If i tell you "hey man, blacks murder rates are off the roof", im simply pointing out to you that the black population has a violence issue that affects all the population.

If i tell you "hey man, black-on-white murder rates are off the roof", and you are white, im kind of informing you that blacks are a menace to you in particular as a subset of the population.

Second one is propaganda because the black murder rates don't only include whites, so when you word it like that you conveniently forget the rest of the murders to make a statement that plays on white identity to make "blacks" a political issue for white people.

Same can be seen in BLM:

"hey man, police black-killings are off the roof"
vs:
"hey man, police killings are off the roof"

When autism meets this, it ends up in death, violence, and lolcows.

Now the thing is, if wording and presentation constitute propaganda, even self-unaware propaganda, then who is to say what the line between preventing propaganda and covering reality is? Thats how you end up with newspapers not mentioning the race or crede of criminals, when in fact it could be that there was a correlation.

>sanpaku eye
Wew

Memes had nothing to do with Roof, you can see he was genetically crazy

I agree with you, on a personal level is an issue of "thinking for yourself", but on a level of multi-connected information distribution, how do you know you are not unawarely posting something that has an esoteric meaning or functionality that is helping to radicalize an autismo killer?

him wearing the old south african flag should've raised red flags for everyone

anyone obsessed with the old SA flag has a tiny white penis

You must be a nigger.

glad to see your flag is the new SA flag. that must piss you off every time you post on Sup Forums

hopefully the anc will kick you whities out and make the ANC flag the official flag

If you think such low energy banter will effect me, then you have no idea the shit I have to put up with daily pedro.

what line

affect, not effect

im guessing you're an afrikaans inbred

all memes are brainwashing?

mcveigh was a coward. He was one of the biggest pussys to ever draw breath. He set a truck bomb to kill civilians.
If he hated the FBI, BATF and DoJ so much for murdering the civilians at Waco HOW THE FUCK COULD HE JUSTIFY KILLING CIVILIANS HIMSELF.

If had any balls he would have grabbed a full giggle AK and went up against federal agents man to man but he was a massive pussy.

Don't ever idolize cowards anons, that's how you turn into an anarchist or jihadist.. and he was one. Fuck him I wish I could piss on his grave and I ain't even defending the men who burned all those people alive.

I also happen to know the truth as to why the raided in the first place. It's so fucked up yup wouldn't believe me if I had the parties responsible on fucking video.

Argentina coming with the armchair psychologist memes

Watching idiots try to explain the motives behind the actions of someone they know little off would never cease to amuse me.

Lay down before you hurt yourself user.

i read the manifesto and listened to his confession

>I agree with you, on a personal level is an issue of "thinking for yourself", but on a level of multi-connected information distribution, how do you know you are not unawarely posting something that has an esoteric meaning or functionality that is helping to radicalize an autismo killer?
We all know that this place can get really really dark.

It's up to you to not let this place fuck you up. Take a break. More importantly than anything, HAVE FRIENDS IN REAL LIFE. People who keep you sane.

If you don't want the guilt of thinking you've inspired a serial killer, then don't post anything really bad. That's my solution. I am definitely not as fully on racist and neo-nazi as some people on here. As I say, it's about having things to lose, and I want to have a family someday, therefore I don't want to slip down a far-right rabbit hole that I know will only be a detriment to my life.

OP's thesis is laid out quite well here.
Essentially we're discussing the radicalisation of people and the point at which memes, information and reporting cross into intentional or unintentional indoctrination and triggering for psycho's to go on rampages.
As OP states, it can be the matter of one word that can tip the balance between someone responding violently to a piece of information.

you're in here bragging about the old south african you racist tiny dicked apartheid neo nazi

i am sure you would never wave the old flag in real life you pussyfaggot

Terrible flag, far too dutch.

sense of humor/10

Memes are the Ghandi-version of terrorism.

No idea why you are offended ahmed. Is it because it doesn't have a crescent moon in it?

------------------------------------------------------
^right here^

feelings > logic

it's the bowl hair cut

a gun

you think memes are a big part of the profile?

Why bother with psychological background that is based on speculation? The fact is that he shot 9 people, what difference at this point does it make?

first of all how dare you assume his gender, secondly, STOP OPESSING HIM YOU FAT STUPID WHITE MALE PRIVILEGED RAPIST

All information is a rewiring of the brain to some extent.
Essentially, our discussion is the definition of academic because the line is a legal one that would be argued between the defense and the prosecution and decided upon by a jury.

We're not discussing psychology. We're discussing memes and the point at which they radicalise people.

wasn't this the British Cape Colony's flag?

>We all know that this place can get really really dark.
Honestly it has been pretty tame for a couple of years, the darker shit starts appearing when you spiral down the message board culture, where they were pushed by gay pointless cats; but that tameness also brought a lot of new people that get easily swayed into being human botnets for unknown (to them) string-pulling groups.

>It's up to you to not let this place fuck you up. Take a break. More importantly than anything, HAVE FRIENDS IN REAL LIFE. People who keep you sane.
Again, this is where i think it gets really fuzzy, you may be posting something that you think is aesthetically pleasing and inocuous, but is like getting a chienese tattoo and not knowing to read chinese. You don't know exactly what you are helping disseminate to those that can read chinese.

>If you don't want the guilt of thinking you've inspired a serial killer, then don't post anything really bad.
I do the same, most """"dark"""" posting i do is ironically call for a new Malvinas war, aside from that i just like coming to this place because it lets me get informed about opinions and world-views well beyond my immediate social circles.

Now the thing is, i know most people here won't get triggered by my memes, but if those started leaking in argentine or british nationalist forums who actually give a fuck about Malvinas, i may spark reactions i didn't intend, i was just ironically shitposting on Sup Forums.

So where or how do you even draw a line? Is like posting ironic shit on the internet becomes socially irresponsible, you are hatching dangerous virii that can infect certain minds that not necesarilly are going to see your meme in the context you posted it in.

Its not speculation, is a lot of material from which you can make observational inferences from.

LANGUAGE IS A MENTAL VIRUS

so what? the guy was not the aphex of "our" species ok but who cares our species is retard anyway, you are just pretending your a intelectual superior because in reality you are not and you are here parasiting a corner of the internet were 90% of content is full of hatred , anger , fear , confusion, terrorism, fear, confusion

Face it you are just your walking ego, and empty shell

pfff nature will do its thing when you die old and finished with kidney failure

The ability to determine fantasy from reality.

the reality~It's just a dream its fantasy you will wake soon from the short dream

Lack of cahones

This embassator of cahones needs to get shot

>The answer lies, perhaps, in the “semiological guerrilla warfare” imagined by Umberto Eco. “[T]he receiver of the message seems to have a residual freedom: the freedom to read it in a different way…I am proposing an action to urge the audience to control the message and its multiple possibilities of interpretation,” he writes. “[O]ne medium can be employed to communicate a series of opinions on another medium…The universe of Technological Communication would then be patrolled by groups of communications guerrillas, who would restore a critical dimension to passive reception.”

>Eco assumes, a priori, the radical politics of visual literacy, an idea eloquently argued by Stuart Ewen, a critic of consumer culture. “We live at a time when the image has become the predominant mode of public address, eclipsing all other forms in the structuring of meaning,” asserts Ewen. “Yet little in our education prepares us to make sense of the rhetoric, historical development or social implications of the images within our lives.” In a society of heat, light and electronic poltergeists — an eerie otherworld of “illimitable vastness, brilliant light, and the gloss and smoothness of material things” — the desperate project of reconstructing meaning, or at least reclaiming that notion from marketing departments and P.R. firms, requires visually-literate ghostbusters.

Why? He killed future politicians of open borders party