God is dead, Jesus was a slave master.

occams razor

Source?

dull and useless m8.

Baby's first existencial crisis

Only the weak lie.

Trips of truth
Scientific method btfo

And if he's lying to us then what are we meant to do then?

Do hard drugs, have orgies and then kill ourselves?

the luciferians haven't exactly done much to earn our trust. if they were the truth they would be more open and in the light.

It isn't in God's nature to lie, this has been proven numerous times in the Bible by how he interacts with numerous people and beings.

Lucifer and his cronies meanwhile have every reason to lie because that is all they have against the children of Jesus. Their fates are sealed and they're attempting to take us along for the ride, one soul at a time.

Spam.

Adam and Eve both realized once they had eaten from the tree of knowledge that God was both good and evil.

You'd hit the weak spot, OP.

Omnibenevolence.
Next question.

If there is a god, then there only exists a god in the way that human beings can articulate and convey their own personal opinion and understanding of what it is that--that entails.

If god exists it is an entirely unknowable concept; as human beings would not be able to adequately conceptualize its existence in such a way that it could be conveyed adequately by our monkey-noises.

God isn't evil, though, everything he does is for a purpose based on his Word or previous things He has said when judging the nations as is his role as our Heavenly Father and Creator.

Lucifer is the only evil one here brother, God does not commit evil against his children, only those fallen angels do so.

Only two things matter when you're dealing with gods:

Does it exist?

How much power does it have?

Power surpasses everything including truth, and what is good or evil. Nothing without power has any validity.

He can and he does. Praise KeK.

>Nothing without power has any validity.

woke

we don't. Everything we know in religious books might literally be written by "the devil"

just pick a side and enjoy

>if they were the truth they would be more open and in the light.
Either that or the truth is not what you would expect.

>Omnibenevolence.
Prove it.
See: problem of evil.

love is power, no?

or do you mean might, lucifer?

>love is power, no?
How does that work?

If He's not omnibenevolent then He's not God. Plain and simple. Since we're talking about God, we're talking about an Omnibenevolent being.

Have you encountered 'the problem of evil' argument. How does an omnibenevolent being allow suffering to exist? Either he is not wholly good, or he is not all powerful.

I'm not arguing the problem of evil or God's existence in regards to it. I'm saying that God is omnibenevolent. OP asked if He was lying to us. God cannot lie because that would break His character trait. End of question in regards to OP.

>I'm saying that God is omnibenevolent
So he is not all powerful?
You are making a baseless statement here.
How does God have to be omnibenevolent? That's just your definition and it is wrong.

>That's just your definition and it is wrong.
If you say so. I don't know what you're reading but you're completely not understanding even though I spelled it out for you. I'm not debating you over nothing.

All i want to know is:
How do you know god is omnibenevolent?
That is a simple question, sir.

Love is power you edgelord faggot. True power is anything that gives cause to action or efficacy. People do any number of things in the name of love; thus its a power uniquely its own.

>babble
Can you try again?

idk man look up the definitions of the words I used and get back to me I dont have a simpler way of stating it

>True power is anything that gives cause to action or efficacy
And this is the same as love, how?

What if there's several gods, which one do you pick?

Miley Cyrus and Justin Beiber

>How do you know god is omnibenevolent?
Because that's one of His defining traits.
>all powerful
>all knowing
>all loving
If He breaks any of those (read: lying to us), then He is not really God. So by definition, God is omnibenevolent regardless of whether or not he's lying to us because that would be impossible. It would be a contradiction.

If there is a God, he doesn't care about you. He made you too see if you can flourish.

> Cucks think they know the true thoughts and demands of God Himself
Laffin

Because of what God is.

can you idiots just fuck off

He did. He told Adam and Eve the apple in the garden would kill them if they ate it. They ate it and recieved great wisdom as the serpent told them. God lied to them, they did not die.

>they did not die.
Immediately*

They alive today?

>He is not really God
That's right, he is god, lowercase.

What you think of as God is really just a god.

listen to your intuition user

...?

How do you know that if a creator exists it is a God or a god?

Because I have "conversations" woth him

I don't do what some book written by a jew tells me to do

Or he allows free will and choice without interference because it is mankind who kills one another, not God, and your conception of what God truly is not the "true" God.
There is no free will without the inclusion of painful decisions. If you are against free will, then that is another topic entirely.

meant for

The term "god" exists for a variety of different things that are entirely different from one another. Asking about other gods is needlessly vague and your distinction is unexplained, especially when God is not a proper noun but "a God" rather than "a god".
God exists and is sovereign over all things. This is blatant enough in study of Divine Conservation.

meta-non-falsifiable

So if God is Loving, then why does he allow so much pain?

Sir, I am only questioning god's nature and giving in the single stipulation that he is not wholly loving and therefore what he says could be a lie.
Can you over remedy to this concern?

That's all that matters. Believers say that god doesn't lie but that is unknowable.

People have killed in the name of love. People have given their lives in the name of love. Love has had just as profound an effect as any type of power that exists. Both for better and for worse. Your original statement at the top was why I replied; because you seemed to be implying that love wasnt a form of power--when it very clearly is.

Pic very related.

All suffering exist as methods for growth. They can serve as punishment, they can servant as a means of transformation, they can instill humility or even be methods towards charity. We take on such challenges correctly by sticking to and seeking what is good always. That is to say, to live by faith in God.

This is gone into more here:
catholic.com/magazine/articles/a-pope’s-answer-to-the-problem-of-pain
Not exactly.

Either way if a creator of a species exists it is a God. If you look at the time frame of the Universe compared to Human Knowledge and Earth in itself its extremely slowly evolved. If there is no God Humans are parasites of Earth.

lel they did die though

>All suffering exist as methods for growth.
Does suffering include deception?

Hey Wolfshiem, i'm currently reading the Bible for the first time. I'm about done with Genesis, i'm in Egypt.

Should I read it from cover to cover or is there a better way? Guessing I can atleast skip the Psalms.

Others are free to jump in

I pretty much never recommend the bible cover-to-cover.

For general learning, I would recommend the Catholic Catechism. This is the collection of doctrinal Catholic teaching in plain text and directly said. There are additional commentaries on it if you need it.

The Bible is an extremely valuable read but you must remember that the Bible isn't a book but a collection of books so going cover-to-cover doesn't aid you at all. Moreso when you realize that each book has their own genre, history, structure, etc. It is better to head to the relevant books you wish to research currently and use commentaries. Scott Hahn has good commentaries and for a good study bible I'd recommend: the Ignatius Study Bible.

Ultimately, reading the whole Bible is valuable but without assistance on the scholarship of the text you may get confused or, more likely if you aren't ready for it, waste your time.

The general breakdown of the books being:

>the life of God as man, the creation of the church and the covenant that it's based in, provided an example model life and provided a grand means of showing reconciliation between man and God (The Gospels)

>The stories of the apostles after the gospel timeline ended (The Book of Acts)

>letters of someone given authority to guide the formation of the church (Paul's letters)

>the historic and intellectual set up towards God's coming and the initial reasoning for God's initial coming (The entire Old Testament)

>a vision separate from it which foretells later events (Revelation)

I'm not sure what you're saying there, I'm sorry.
Either way, I'm out for now.

>I'm not sure what you're saying there, I'm sorry.
For others then:
If deception is apart of God's suffering for us, then it follows we cannot trust anything that he says about himself and all theology is probably a lie.

Before I go, I'll break down the Old Testament books for you:

>The Pentateuch
Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.
The law and foundational stories to the creation of the nation of Israel and its law.

>Historical Books
Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1st and 2nd Samuel, 1st and 2nd Kings, 1-2. Maccabees, 1st and 2nd Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, and Esther

History of the nation during the reign of kings.

>Wisdom Literature
Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Solomon, Wisdom, and Sirach
Important cultural landmarks intellectually for that nation and poetry.

>Prophet
Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, and Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi.
Part history, part prophetics. Mainly history.

Well I'm still not gone so I'll answer:
I don't know how "God lying" makes any sense generally unless we understand God to be something entirely different altogether.

The classical understanding of God in western theism - what is now known as Classical Theism - doesn't assert that God is some kind of person or being but the very ground of being itself and creates and sustains reality at all times. With this, the idea of God as a person of some sort makes no sense even in concept. This can only be made sense of in a theistic personalist perspective, where God is a kind of being or person in an anthropomorphic sense. How any of God's attributes are understood varies tremendously under these two understandings. While the personalist view is popular between laypeople and in Protestant circles, it has no bearing on how God is traditionally or classically understood authoritatively.

Now I'm out.

Thank you, i'll save this info

What's the point of theology and the Church then? Isn't this Deism??
Later mate. Thanks for your replies.