North Texas here. Job offer (~10% pay bump) out in Colorado, Denver area...

North Texas here. Job offer (~10% pay bump) out in Colorado, Denver area. Is this state even hospitable after legalizing weed?

I'm looking for non-degenerate white people. Can they be found in CO? Where is the last bastion of moral whites looking to revitalize the white race?

Other urls found in this thread:

bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/news/2016/12/05/san-francisco-bay-area-economy-jobs-real-estate.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

th-thanks

Denver's 60% white. Great city, some shit bits on the outskirts, but overall a great place to be

>North Texas here
which part?

Are you from there? How liberal is it? I was born in California and I'm loving how red TX is honestly

Plano/Richardson

>Denver's 60% white. Great city,
top kek. Last time I was there, all I saw were hippie faggots and niggers. It's a shame one of my best friends moved out there, although I respect him because it wasn't for DUDE WEED, but for his career in Sat Comms.

no, the whole place in California 2.0 + Seattle 1.75 (the fucking transients)

I left about 9 months ago and have had the best year of my life after getting out of that place. Denver is dead man, the commies replaced the cowboys.

Sif doesn't teleport, he jumps.

denver sucks, its all strip malls and fucking liquor stores.

vacancy is at less than 1% so good fucking luck getting anything in the market that isn't a ripoff.

fucking niggers and illegals every where.

Rub and tugs massage parlors on every corner.

drugs and shoot outs and theft and hippies and hipsters

the place needs a really good fire to just cleanse the entire town.

dont even get me started on how aurora has taken over all of colfax.

even lakeside is trashy now. so fucking sad, t used to be such a beautiful city and now it is a dead bloated corpse festering under the false purity of the snow.

If the money is good enough, you could buy a house outside the city and just bear an extended drive

I was just in Plano last week.

Nothing to worry about. Dallas is blue but it's surrounded by red. Denton I hear is nice.

>dont even get me started on how aurora has taken over all of colfax.
Please do get started; the job's in Aurora

Colorado springs is a lot more red because of multiple military installations and megachurches. Boulder is blue and Denver is turning/has turned blue. Mostly due to Californians.

shit nigga me too

STOP FUCKING COMING HERE

GO LIVE IN FUCKING WYOMING, THERES LIKE 100 PEOPLE IN THE ENTIRE STATE

STOP
FUCKING
COMING
HERE

>Is this state even hospitable after legalizing weed?
No, the state is actually fucking on fire now because there's of freedom. It's a complete shithole now. Roving

In terms of quality of life, it's not worth having a long drive.

People always hate having a long drive to work no matter how you compensate it.

Colorado mountains are beautiful

>post your future tendies or gtfo

DONT GO.
AUROA IS MEMPHIS TIER.

ITS NOTHING BY ILLEGALS AND NIGGERS HOLY SHIT, DONT GO.

plus, denver has a city and state income tax that with the crazy increase in the cost of living there( unless you are moving from san fran or ny or portland cause thats what it is priced at now) it going to eat up way more than your 10% increase.

i would hazard youd be looking at taking home 15-20% less.
thats how much my income incrased when I moved to a different state (still in a larger major college town, so no downgrade in urban living)

so you cant live in auroa so that means you have to add at least 25 min to your fucking drive everymorning that is alreay going to be 30 min so enjoy sitting in your car for an hour on 25 and 70

this is true but that mountain range is in a lot more states than co.

>i did get to work in vail and aspen for years doing catering, that was cool.

>i would hazard youd be looking at taking home 15-20% less.
I guess that's essentially out. I'm not super about the pay, I'm single without debt and have a bit of a safety net as long as I don't go to NYC or LA. I'm just looking for conservative folks, essentially. Plano's pretty good, but a lot of people here take liberalism to an extreme, more than anyone I met in California and I feel like the trend is increasing

Denver is too fucking expensive. Why move when that extra 10 percent is only gonna go in someone else's pocket?

go to a gun store

Yup. If you had a good wife I'd say move to Montana. That state is like a completely different country and makes anyone from either coast talking about flyover states look retarded.

Less red than texas, more red than CA. I'm trying to avoid spouting off memes about dude weed lmao and other shit because you're actually making a big decision here.

Denver is one of the fastest growing cities in America and has a thriving economy. Property values are going up and will do so for many years so if you get in now, do your homework, and buy a house in a desireable area relatively soon you'll get a ridiculous return on investment; although coming from texas you'll be a bit unhappy to see what Denver pricing is like initially. Don't base your decision on a 10% pay increase because you're also going to have to pay for a higher cost of living, and a state income tax which you don't have in Texas. The same can be said with Seattle, which is the fastest growing city in the country (although no state income tax in WA). Also liberal.

Basically any large city you go to will be liberal. There's no avoiding that unless you work in Phoenix. I'm very right wing, my friends are very right wing, but we live in a very left wing city because it's a good place to be.

t.land developer

I've been in Phoenix, it's pretty nice; somewhat close, ideally, to where I'd like to live, minus the heat and lack of anything noteworthy. At least TX has a good private school system if I plan on having kids. Ideally, I'd like the biggest Republican-leaning city as possible (obviously that'll still be small comparatively); is north TX really the best that's left in the US?

Okay if politics is that important of a factor for you, your best bet is Phoenix. More than half of the cities residents are registered republican and I can't think of another city that can say the same. I think Dallas either has already gone blue, or will in the near future, and the same can be said with Houston.

I like phoenix. Good place to be, but from May until late October the heat is almost unbearable

>I think Dallas either has already gone blue, or will in the near future, and the same can be said with Houston.
Yea, they're both far gone. TX was single digits lead for Trump in the general...

>I like phoenix. Good place to be, but from May until late October the heat is almost unbearable
Yea, between that and seeing the fervent BLM marches that were out there just a few months ago it really makes me wonder... Are you out there? Is the city growing? Last I was out there was nearly 3 years ago.

>I am thinling about moving to Denevr
>I'd like the biggest Republican-leaning city as possible

Then don't move to Denver. Denver is liberal blue pilled retards, spics and niggers.

If you have to move / work in the area move to Lakewood / Morrison / Golden.

>Property values are going up and will do so for many years so if you get in now, do your homework, and buy a house in a desireable area relatively soon you'll get a ridiculous return

This advice is foolish. The property value is peaked. Sure it will go up some but don't expect a huge return. $500 sqft racker box homes built in 1920s surrounded by niggers and spics start around $220,000. A decent 1500 sqft starter home built in the 1970s runs around $350,000. Don't bother trying to rent. Everything is full. That shit $220,000 house rents for $1500 a month.

>$500 sqft racker box home
500 sqft cracker box home

>Aurora
top kek I'm from there and the northern part is a shithole. If you don't wanna drive too far, Highlands Ranch would be a good place and even some spots in Centennial.

Just stay away from Colfax whenever possible.

I spent 3 years living in Scottsdale, working in Phoenix, and I went to Arizona State which is right next to Phoenix so I lived in the valley for a total of seven years. The protesters were actually shuttled in via busses if what I've been told is accurate.

Phoenix is a growing city as well. If you look at the ten fastest growing cities in the country, I think all but two are out west. Pretty much any major city west of Houston is going to be experiencing growth (los angeles not withstanding). Phoenix is seeing so much growth because even 30 years ago you had to be a special kind of tough to deal with the heat. it's a lot easier to deal with now thanks to technology so it's growing
>The property value is peaked
If you actually believe this you have no idea what you're talking about. Prices are going to get significantly higher. $350,000 for a house in a good neighborhood in a city growing as fast as Denver is a steal, even if it's a shack. Look at similar houses in the Queen Anne, Belltown, or Ballard neighborhoods in Seattle. Seattle and Denver are very similar in that there's been a ton of growth in a short span of time. When that happens homes in good neighborhoods near the downtown area skyrocket in value

>North Texas here. Job offer (~10% pay bump) out in Colorado, Denver area.
It should definitely be noted the %10 bump will be gone and then some on living expenses. Chances are you will be in the hole if you move.

10% paybump will be a pay cut for you, when you compare how cost effective living in plano is compared to Denver.
Colorado takes 5% in state income taxes.
Colorado is where rich liberals go to retire

Texas gulf coast=can't go anywhere without hearing & seeing mexican

No. I do know what I am talking about. I am a home owner that bought at the bottom of the market in the area a few years back and made bank on equity. The prices may trend up some but not as much as you think. The economy simply can't sustain the increase in price. Have you even bothered to look at what is for sale under $300,000 lately? Its all shit no family can live in because its too small or if the house is big enough for a family its in such poor condition that it isn't worth buying and fixing up. A good family home is $400,000 and up. The price is maxed. Screen cap this post and get back to me in five years.

As a fellow Texan OP this is the most reasonable post in this thread. As far as taxes go, Texas is one of the best places for an individual earning money to live.

Nice trips, but I don't give a shit if you bought a house. So did I, that doesn't magically make you a real estate consultant. I also work in land development and it's my job to know exactly what we're talking about. The average price of a home in Denver came up by 10% in just the last year. Over the past 15 years Denver has increased consistently throughout that entire period, aside from the 2007 market collapse. If you think the average price of a home in downtown Denver is going to stay at $350k you're absolutely out of your mind

pic related is denver over the past 15 years. Then I'm going to show you Seattle and I'd like you to look at the trend of that city and see if you can see the similarities. They're cities of a similar size that have experienced similar growth but Seattles just began earlier. The exact same thing that happened in Seattle will happen in Denver

So you are magically a real estate consultant now? Even if you were you are a high on crack to say the market is gonna go up much more. There simply aren't enough well paying jobs in the area to support the trend. People are figuring this out and finally the flow into the area from people moving here is slowing down because of it. Seriuosly who do you expect is gonna buy a 700 sqft house for $500,000?

Of course there will be pockets of high dollar neighborhoods but overall prices simply can't keep going up indefinitely. Just because it happened somewhere else once doesn't mean it can continue everywhere in the same fashion everywhere. Its not like some other areas haven't seen prices grind to a halt after they got to be stupid high.

bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/news/2016/12/05/san-francisco-bay-area-economy-jobs-real-estate.html

No, I just know what I'm talking about because if I didn't I'd get fired.

You really want to bring up San Francisco? The average price of a home there is $1.1 million. Price per sqft in San Francisco is just under $1000 A FOOT. They're shrinking because that's absurd, it's not absurd to say home prices in Denver, $350k average, are going to reach Seattle levels, $550k. And even so, San Francisco isn't shrinking. It's growing at a slower pace. The average home in San Francisco went up in value by $80,000 last year, an increase of 7%. You only think 350k is a lot because you're used to it being lower. 350k for an average home is dirt cheap, I'm not sure how that's so hard for you to wrap your head around

Don't forget higher cost of living, state income tax (something we don't have in Texas), and snooty people in Colorado.

Colorado isn't a terrible place, I just feel like it would have been a lot better like 30 years ago before people discovered how nice it can be climatewise. Watch out for Boulder because they artificially increase the rent due to crazy zoning restrictions which cause a lack in the housing supply.

I will say this, they drive a hell of a lot better than we do in Texas.

Check out DFW. If you live in one of the park cities or pretty much anywhere that isn't Dallas everyone is red. We also have a fuckton of jobs and more jobs arrive every day. All of the Cali companies that want to save/don't want to listen the batshit labor laws in Cali are bouncing over to DFW.

Side note: Driving here sucks, people drive like animals and it's not uncommon to see at least 3 wrecks driving to work.

>Side note: Driving here sucks, people drive like animals and it's not uncommon to see at least 3 wrecks driving to work.
I dated a girl who went to SMU and she said the exact same thing

Lake Dallas right here, just a bit south of Denton.

Carrollton right in Denton county. I am a little scared since I think it went blue

Texas was 9% ahead for trump. Given the comments about Mexicans I'm not surprised. Check out the election map, it's pretty much just the Mexican border, Houston, Austin, and Dallas proper that voted for Hillary. Everyone else went far red. Once the repubs move away from the Mexican immigration issue and move towards muslim immigration they'll go red in a heartbeat. Everyone thinks white people hate arabs, but truth be told Mexicans REALLY hate muslims.

You can move to either Houston or DFW and be fine. Just make sure you don't live in the city proper for either of them and you live in a city that surrounds either (Katy for Houston or Plano, Frisco, Park Cities, Fort Worth for DFW) and you'll be fine.

San Fransico has an economy that can get those numbers. Denver doesn't. There isn't gonna be a sudden boom of millionaires in Denver. Denver is working class town.

Because nice large NEW houses can be bought 30 minutes away from the areas we are discussing starting under $400,000 in to the south, out by the air port or north of Denver no one is gonna pay $500,000+ for a piece of shit 100 year old 500 sqft house surrounded by spics in five years just to live in Denver.

Its gonna suck for you in five years if you keep deluding yourself. Good luck with your job hunting in the future.

>103959463
I was driving back with my wife a couple weeks ago. Some dumbfuck flipped their car on Dallas North Tollway and another chucklefuck drove on top of their car. You can't make this shit up, Texans are crazy on the road.

>Because nice large NEW houses can be bought 30 minutes away from the areas we are discussing starting under $400,000 in to the south, out by the air port or north of Denver no one is gonna pay $500,000+ for a piece of shit 100 year old 500 sqft house surrounded by spics in five years just to live in Denver.
Then tell me why people do that exact thing in every single city. Seattle isn't a town of millionaires, and yet people consistently buy homes for $500k in the city when they could get double the house if they go half an hour outside of it. You can always buy a bigger house for the same price if you go outside of a city, but people consistently prefer to be downtown. How stupid can you b-
>San Fransico has an economy that can get those numbers. Denver doesn't. There isn't gonna be a sudden boom of millionaires in Denver. Denver is working class town.
oh