What would happen if the LHC actually created a singularity that gained mass as it spiraled into the center of the...

what would happen if the LHC actually created a singularity that gained mass as it spiraled into the center of the planet?

What exactly do you think our mighty pyramid (pic. related) is for?

> singularity that gained mass

you're an idiot aren't you

What the fuck are you even trying to ask?

The expert scienticians that brought you "Global Warming" have done the math and say that black holes conveniently evaporate into nothing faster than they gain mass if they are as small as, oh, the ones the LHC might create, teehee

I don't think that word means what you think it means

what the fuck is a singularity that gained mass as it spiraled into the center of the planet?

>The expert scienticians that brought you "Global Warming" have done the math and say that black holes conveniently evaporate into nothing faster than they gain mass if they are as small as, oh, the ones the LHC might create, teehee

Unless they gain mass as they intersect with the walls of the LHC and the ground that the LHC is buried underneath, right?

Noticing a lot of posting in this nothing thread, by the way.

pic related.

Spaghetti effect.

> black holes gaining mass without evaporating

you don't know how black holes work do you

>> black holes gaining mass without evaporating

Considering that the LCH accelorates hadrons to near c, and if they start intersecting mass, they GAIN mass......

Yeah, I think I understand how black holes work.

The exact same way Event Horizon played out or when a Gellar Field is turned off in 40K.

Microsingularities exist for only a small fraction of a second and their gravity is negligible.

>Microsingularities exist for only a small fraction of a second and their gravity is negligible.

unless they gain more mass.

>unless they gain more mass.

by clipping the walls of the LHC and the ground underneath it.

>by clipping the walls of the LHC and the ground underneath it.

I mean, after all, how fast would a relativistic particle NEED to go.... in order to gain mass be clipping the walls of the LHC and underground structure, in order to absorb mass and not evaporate, sinking deeper and deeper into the bowels of the planet?

What were they looking for again, in the LHC?

The gravity "Particle"?

It can't "clip" anything. Physical objects are mostly empty space. The event horizon would be particle sized and the gravity as effectively non existent as for any other particle.

>It can't "clip" anything. Physical objects are mostly empty space. The event horizon would be particle sized and the gravity as effectively non existent as for any other particle.

unless it hits anouther nucleus, and increases in mass....

and traveling at near orbital velocity, id say that's entirely possible.

you guys have no idea how bad things can get.

No it isn't. Even if it didn't decay you could fire it through the entire Earth and it wouldn't interact with anything. And even then without electromagnetic interaction and with negligible gravity the rest of the universe might as well not exist to it. It's literally impossible for it to touch an atomic nucleus because the fundamental force that allows "collisions" and "solidity" doesn't apply.

I want you to imagine a way to use microwaves to bank off of a singularity to travel back in time.

>you could fire it through the entire Earth and it wouldn't interact with anything.

Unless it's orbital velocity was circular, in which case it would ORBIT underneath the surface of the earth.

In this case, it would probabilistically interact with a nucleus eventually, and gain mass, and lose orbital velocity....

Thus spiraling inward.

Reminder we are literally being protected from lhc by the nips

Wat. If gravity isnt the key to the universe then nothing is real.

Do you think that if a singularity existed, that it would eventually learn that using the phase velocity of photons shot around a singularity would allow it to send information back in time?

> Do you think that if a singularity existed, that it would eventually learn that using the phase velocity of photons shot around a singularity would allow it to send information back in time?

As in, a paperclip maximizer with access to a black hole would eventually learn how to use the singularity to send signals back in time to itself.....

>Unless it's orbital velocity was circular, in which case it would ORBIT underneath the surface of the earth.
No, it would decay in some absurdly short time period. I don't think you're really grasping the scale difference between a particle and a stellar body. Black holes are basically characterized by their gravitational fields, which are irrelevant in particle interactions. A particle scale object with negligible gravity, no electromagnetic interaction, no strong or weak interactions, and a lifespan probably measured in femtoseconds is irrelevant. The idea that it could be dangerous is laughable.

that would have to be a pretty large singularity compared to what they are dealing with.

i mean they are dealing with streams of atoms and shit that wouldn't even amount to a piece of dust.

even if you had something substantial. like a coin lets say. and were to smash it down into a singularity. the result would seem to the outside observer to be an atomic bomb going off.

in fact it would just be the ultra small black hole releasing all of its radiation in less than a nano second. hawkings radiation.

you would need something truly substantial like all the mass of a skyscraper in order to creat a black hole that would last more than an instant.

so no matter what they do there it would seem we are at least safe from black holes. they cold blow the joint up though. that might be good.

ALSO. ON THE OTHER HAND.

if you were somehow able to create a black whole with an event horizon that was lets say, the size of a golf ball. we would definitely be fucked.

that black hole wold have a mass roughly equivalent to earths.

so right away it would be fucking gravity up big time. not only would it be "falling" to the center of the earth. the center of the earth would also be "falling" towards it.

once it got to the center things would be pretty normal except everything would be twice as heavy.

it would keep eating and sucking the core into itself for days. maybe weeks even. the problem is that the even horizon is so small still that the flow into it cant be that great. so it will take time.

but eventually. it will break us apart and swallow everything.

and now a black hole. twice the mass of the earth. will orbit the sun in our place. the moon will orbit the black hole.

and the people on the space station will be trying to figure out what the fuck to do now.

and thats that.

>a lifespan probably measured in femtoseconds

How fast are they going again?

Close to c?

How many meters do they travel in that timescale?

Are you saying that a micro-singularity with an orbital velocity equal to a stable circular orbit around the gravitational center of the earth wouldn't start gobbling up matter as it orbited around the center of the planet at a subterranian orbit?

And thus increasing in mass while simultaneously decreasing in orbital velocity, spiraling to the center of the planet?

And don't give me "Probabilities" because they did that shit thousands of times per minute for YEARS.

I think you have a better chance of getting bit on nuts by a radioactive spider while winning the lottery at the Indy 500.
But my math might be a little off.

>a better chance of

So, non zero then, right?

American education in a nutshell.

So there is a chance....
Lol

So, let me get this straight..... by your laws of physics, an AI that sends signals back in time to itself through a singularity to effect non-causal learning is possible?

I am saying that in order to have a stable singularity it would need to have a fairly substantial mass.

even if you took the mount Everest and crushed it down into a singularity the event horizon would be smaller than a grain of sand. but it wold weigh as much as mount Everest.

anything smaller than that is not going to be able to sustain itself and will simply destroy itself through hawkings radiation.

so. either you have a black hole that is going to be gone in an instant. or you have one that is big enough to sustain itself but is so massive that if it were traveling at the speeds you are talking about it would be far far far far beyond its escape velocity and simply exit the earth.

i dont see how it would get to that speed anyway. what force could accelerate mount Everest to orbital velocity? even a below surface orbit?

So, a singularity that is plowing through miles or solid rock per second isn't going to accumulate mass?

How big is it?

what is its event horizons diameter?

>what is its event horizons diameter?

Produced by the LHC hadron collision events.

Yes, its very likely that scientists will one day agitate nature in some way to create a tear at the fabric of reality that will kill us all.

so literally a less than a piece of dust crushed into a singularity?

there is no way. its event horizon would be so small.

to that singularity an atom would be as large as the universe is to us.

it would be insignifigant. and cease to exist almost the same instant it was made.

like i am saying.

for a singularity to sustain itself. it needs a lot of mass.

thats why they are made from an entire dead star. not someone smashing a beercan on their head.

It has to have mass in the first place.

A singularity the mass of two atoms would have a gravitational field smaller than the diameter of an atom i.e. the gravitational field of the singularity would need to pass "through" another atom in order to affect it.

>the gravitational field of the singularity would need to pass "through" another atom in order to affect it.

So you are saying that nothing the mass of a... lets say, neutron, ever interacts with a nucleus?

What if they created a singularity that spiraled right into OPs head?? Lol nobody would care.