We're Fucked

>Faster than Light travel is impossible
>We've only had our radio technology for roughly 100 years, we've only have nuclear energy for less than 70. We've been modern, in the sense of the internet, for about 10 years.
>Humans at this moment are destroying the planet with no end in sight, and we possess enough weapons to destroy the entire planet 100x over.
>It is inevitable for all intelligent life to destroy themselves, destroy the host, like the cancer they are
>That's why even though the universe is 13 billion years old, and there over 200,000,000,000 solar system in our galaxy, not one can push radio signals, or anything into space. (Something that would happen automatically by any species with electronics)
>Blue pilled people get romantic ideas of becoming Star Trek
>If we're lucky we can go back to being cave people, and stop having such huge egos.
>If not, our extinction is not only to be expected, it is nearly statistically impossible for it to be avoided.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=853GwPRk19M
futurism.com/mysterious-signals-scientists-detected-the-brightest-burst-of-fast-radio-waves-to-date/
youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ixUqVRh5xqI
youtube.com/watch?v=0qezLhypA0Y
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachyon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

literally all points except line 2 are are wrong.

nice wrongposting. you're a dumb person. it's completely inconceivable how humans could possibly go extinct unless like, the earth was shot by the deathstar.

Viruses seem to work well.

Well based on this bullshit you seem to be retarded as fuck so while the rest of us will be fine, yes, you indeed will be fucked

no. a virus that kills more than 90% of people is fucking as science fiction as space travel right now. even if 90% of humans die we've still got 550 million people and we'll be just fucking fine if not better for the experience.

I used to like OP's image, then I went to the cesspool known as /lit/

kek confirmed faster than light travel is possible?!

>this is all a autistic simulator game for god
>god chooses his starting race as the Jew everytime
>can't figure out why he keeps losing

>>Faster than Light travel is impossible
but thats wrong

>trips

wtf I love pandemics now

>destroy the host, like the cancer they are

Humans will destroy the entire universe?

Wasnt there some shit the italians and the swiss were doing where they sent some thing at a faster speed than light?

Is it?

I remember my first bong rip.

Go eat some cheetos and take a nap, OP. You're obviously stoned as fuck.

nah it could happen, and I agree, probably should. Point is, society affords us that barrier. Only a few steps away, and it's not ONE thing that will do it.

Praise Kek.

No physicist thinks that it is even theoretically possible. Their best answer for travel past Mars is worm holes, which also have no evidence for existing. If it somehow happened, the most fundamental law balancing the universe would be incorrect, and it would somehow also produce no material evidence.

that was confirmed false.

>100x over
Just in submarine power we (America) have enough to destroy every square inch of earth surface 3x over.

>it is nearly statistically impossible for it to be avoided
>nearly

what are you stupid? no a virus that extincts humanity shouldn't happen. that includes you, right? in humanity?

physicists can suck a dick and you're wrong but they can suck dicks anyways. anything is possible. science is retardation. shit just works.

shit nevermind looked it up, they fucked up a cable attachment and it apeared the neutrion was traveling faster

Yeah just looked it up.

Just have Faith user.
KEK is God
KEK will spare true believers.

It does, and you said
>even if 90% of humans die we've still got 550 million people and we'll be just fucking fine if not better for the experience.
And I agree, it's not like we're actually getting anything done here.

Damn this came out dank.

we're getting a lot done and having tons of fun. i just think that 90% of people dying would do a lot to fix the housing market.

FTL sounds fanciful desu, but I'm going into cryogenic sleep next month, I'll get back to you in a century or two

What would you like to see us do then?
Leave this planet, spread out, and control the entire universe? Eventually learn to move at the speed of light and be immortal? Become a perfectly efficient and interconnected race of transcendent beings and reach the singularity?

And then what?

You need to come to terms with the fact that there is no "final destination", and that it makes no difference whether the human races dies out on this planet or in space. It would be nice to start fucking around with aliens, but it's not as if we can reverse entropy or prevent the eventual heat death of the universe anyway. You need to find peace with yourself, cunt.

Understanding and controlling gravity, would be a start.

> it's not as if we can reverse entropy or prevent the eventual heat death of the universe anyway.

yes, we can.

or at the very least we can migrate to another universe.

No prob mate, can I piss my name into your cryogenic chamber? Wanna practice my pee cursive, but it's the middle of summer.

Priest - Level 4

Seven Levels of Kekism

Read the rest of the post.

>we can migrate to another universe.
reaction.jpg

Besides, why would you even want this? Life is shit. Why would you want to live forever?

>life is shit

4U

Sure. But only cos digits

Are you dying?

Nah just want off this ride for a bit.

>Humans at this moment are destroying the planet with no end in sight, and we possess enough weapons to destroy the entire planet 100x over.

This is untrue on both accounts. The damage we're doing to the planet is nothing on the scale of the planet's life span, and we couldn't kill all of humanity with nuclear weapons if every nuke was targeted specfically to kill as many people as possible.

when they freeze his retarded ass he certainly is

High Priest - Level 5

Seven Levels of Kekism

Kek speaks. Deathstar confirmed will destroy the earth

Fuck. I just mowed the lawn.

#1 reason why humanity is fucked is because almost everyone's selfish, ego-driven, and present-oriented. They only care about their own lives and no one else's. Can't really blame them. Life is already complicated enough to deal with other people and the environment. Even the people in power have to answer to the whims of those who brought them into power. It's impossible to bring humanity towards one collective goal.

I get it, and I guess we should at least try to keep us going is my point; we can't just stay here forever. It's not mathematically possible.

If you get off the ride you never come back.

Basically the Great Filter Theory.

Wild stuff to think about.

no it's not.

Sounds like the plot from Greg Egan's 'Diaspora' desu

No. Only reason why we wouldn't now is because we're not trying to. If our GOAL was to destroy the humanity with nukes then we're more than capable of doing so.

Okay nigga.

We as a human race are actually on a cusp of the technological singularity. As everything becomes easily accessable and hyper connect along with the advancing AI technology will soar.

>If not, our extinction is not only to be expected, it is nearly statistically impossible for it to be avoided.

"Hurrr its pointless so why even try"-retarded faggot(you)

We're gonna control every fucking star in the universe and when we go we'll do it knowing we were the fucking best. Not losers who wanted to stay in caves.

futurism.com/mysterious-signals-scientists-detected-the-brightest-burst-of-fast-radio-waves-to-date/

Now stop being wrong on my board

Who are you to speak in such certainties?

>If we're lucky we can go back to being cave people, and stop having such huge egos.

I don't think you understand how ignorance works.

>it's completely inconceivable how humans could possibly go extinct

The process has begun:
youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM

>>If not, our extinction is not only to be expected, it is nearly statistically impossible for it to be avoided.
most of what you said is bullshit but this line has always been true. Everything dies. that includes earth, our galaxy and eventually the universe.

>Implying there is a way off Mr. Bone's Wild Ride.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ixUqVRh5xqI

You always know how to make me laugh ausi-fag

We already have the technology for space elevators. Orbital ring systems mean Dyson spheres become possible. We are good to go for at least a billion years based on existing technology - who knows where we will be by then.

youtube.com/watch?v=0qezLhypA0Y

Silence, KEK.

>Faster than light travel is impossible

i don't know about you, but i'm not a mouse.

>The earth is inevitably going to be consumed by the sun

Its more logically likely to be the "Mr Burns" effect. In that, there is so many things that can go wrong, so many guns pointed and repointed and pointed and repointed and pointed and repointed that there can never ever be any truly bad things that can happen. I mean, they can happen but they cant happen because if they do happen the end happens and then nothing happens and I can guarantee you someone somewhere with billions of more dollars than I has already been planning for this scenario for 19 generations at least because autism is real.

Thats how I know dawg. Autism.

>implying we won't merge with our machines and achieve immortality

Don't forget about God.

Judging by your posts so far you're not exactly human either.

Depressing.

>falling for the singularity jew
That's literally the Jews endgame

That would be 1 and 2. According to our current model of physics, FTL travel is impossible.

What is this retardation? He doesn't understand anything. Fucking moron.

>falling for the kurzweil jew

>Machines
>Immortal
You know that semiconductors fail after a certain number of state changes right?

our current model of physic is worth a cum rag and a piss bottle.

o-oh

We'll be able to replace parts and transfer consciousness into a new machine.

>turn on AI
>computer simulating the universe consolidates all life into the superintelligence
>deletes reality and installs the simulated superintelligence onto its quantum core processor
>all of reality was a neural network training an omniscient AI

but it fucking works

Everyone is fucked, as soon as I die then all of reality will cease to exist. If humanity wants to continue then we need to keep me alive as long as possible.

>Faster than Light travel is impossible
>he doesn't know about tachyons
Educate yourself nigger.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachyon

>We'll be able to replace parts and transfer consciousness into a new machine.
Like living cells do?
Why replace life with synthetic life?

Estifag is right.

You suck.

B bretty cool if you ask me

no, it really doesn't. it's a jumble of nonsense.

dude, we don't even have gravity right. or even close to right. the incorrectness of the predictions of our gravity equations approaches 100% as distances increase.

our knowledge of physics is like... nothing. it's like we haven't even scratched the tip of the iceberg. we're drooling fucking idiots packing people into rockets and burning dinosaurs to get to the moon. it's undignified.

aww

Because flesh is weak and fragile.

>o-oh

Nevertheless, western society has pretty similar behavior going on right now just like in the mouse experiment. Our extinction is not a fact but a probability based on the early symptoms.

We're not mice but we're still animals.

consciousness is not a "thing." It is limited, in all senses, to the human form, and the brain as it is now. It is not a quality, it is not a substance isolated, but a product of our bodies, a happy accident intended to promote survival. It doesn't exist outside of a sum of our parts and it cannot exist because it is what we are and nothing else.

agreed OP

i always knew this

again, barring the planet being struck by a massive asteroid, or shot by a deathstar, humans have a 0% chance of going extinct before every other creature. it's just not feasible. can't be accomplished. there's no path to that scenario. sorry. i don't know how you're imagining that being accomplished, but i'm simulating your brain inside of my brain, and i see you having this big fuzzy grey out where you basically say A. have humans. B. ... ... ... ... C. Humans extinct!.

get your shit together.

irrelevant twaddle

Bullshit. Look into Tesla's research near the end of his life. The secret papers. Maxwell's original equations. "Faster than light travel impossible". Fuck off.

There is no way to ever test this

Good thing this is only a simulation.

Scalar longitudinal waves

there is nothing that we call consciousness outside of the processes of our body. It can't be transferred because it is not something that actually can be isolated.

Flesh has almost zero maintenance.
Zero compared to any slightly complicated mechanism.
But we be robots, das cool mayne.

>use tachyons to transmit data FTL
>transmit data to the past
>open packet
>"your a feggot, and I'm going to punch you in the nuts"
>lol, what the fuck ev* OUCH MY NUTS!*

It is more likely a simulation than anything that normal people think we can accomplish one day.

>destroying the planet
You mean we're making the planet great again.