Ireland learns to love its growing multiculturalism

''Once upon a time in the quite recent past, Ireland was a monocultural, monotheistic place where pretty much everyone was a white Irish Catholic, with cultural diversity comprised of a small scattering of white Irish Protestants. A line in Ulysses notes how Ireland “never persecuted the Jews”, because “she never let them in”, and a person of colour was so rare in Ireland that the Irish language could not quite describe black people other than as a ‘fearr gorm’ — a ‘blue man’. It would not be an overstatement to say that racist attitudes were ingrained, despite there being almost no racial or cultural diversity.

These days, we have the youngest population in the EU, which now includes Polish, English, Lithuanian, Latvian, Nigerian, Romanian, Indian, Philippine, German, American, Chinese, Slovakian, French, Brazilian, Hungarian, Italian, Pakistani, Spanish, Czech, and South African communities. While the numbers are not huge — Ireland’s biggest ethnic minority is Polish (122,000) followed by English (112,000) and the smallest is Czech and South African, (around 5,000 each), the demographic continues to broaden.

For the first time in our history, we have Irish black children, Irish Asian children, Irish Chinese children, and Irish children from various communities of differing culture, all mudd-ling along with native Irish children.''

irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/features/ireland-learns-to-love-its-growing-multiculturalism-360629.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hv9NIIM4lZI
bbc.com/news/uk-politics-18519395
irishcentral.com/news/politics/professor-believes-the-irish-will-be-an-ethnic-minority-in-ireland-by-2050
waitbutwhy.com/2014/08/19-things-learned-nigeria.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

End it now boys.

The only genuine thing black and irish is Guiness.

HAHAHAHA NO

Those people will never be Irish. As the Chinese Australians say "unless I tear the skin off my face"

>unress

Majority of Poles tend to be Catholic so they're good lads in my book.

I've personally heard them say:
>afterloon
>loodles
>the jelly?jerry? of the river (fog)
>wedge edibles (vegetables)
>eat ress yang food! more yin! your face pus wirr go away soon!
>you shave pubic off face or lose job!

I've never heard one say "flood insurance" though HA HA HAAAAAAAA

On one hand, I'm black and intend on traveling the world, hoping to meet and impregnate a qt white woman. So this is good.

On the other hand, I understand that globalization and multiculturalism is going to end up destroying us all one day... or, at the very least, reduce this planet to a boring state of brown with NO unique culture. So this is bad.

I am conflicted.

All according to plan! youtube.com/watch?v=hv9NIIM4lZI

bbc.com/news/uk-politics-18519395

Tfw no south African gf

Kek

Welcome to Ireland. Or is it Nigeria? Who knows anymore.

>Irish Czechs
>Irish Poles
This literally doesn't make sense. I'ts like being English born in China and calling yourself Anglo-Chinese. It doesn't exist

Get yourself a nice African girl. Well-behaved, devout and loyal.

Die alone, dog

Irish are good people in my book too. Its sad to see this happening to your homeland.

Don't worry lads. We will overcome this or die trying. So long as even a few Patriotic people are willing to die for this country then hope is not lost. We can still overcome this.

Well at least minorities tend to stay in the degenerate cities,full of Starbucks-sipping,narcissistic hipsters.Foreigners tend to stay away from rural areas like my own,because country people are generally crazy and wary of outsiders.

irishcentral.com/news/politics/professor-believes-the-irish-will-be-an-ethnic-minority-in-ireland-by-2050

RIP Ireland. At least you won't be Brits I guess.

>muddling
good turn of phrase, they are quite mud-like

Wow, what a butterface.

Pls no, Ireland

I don't want the emerald isle to become the brown isle

Only whites can be considered Irish to me, possibly half-asians if they don't look strange.

Dude, you are american, you can pick from every ethnic group imaginable.
If you dont wanna take from the smaller ones, then aim for the big ones. Africa seems scary, but honestly as a black burger women will probably throw themselves at you and Nigerians and the like arent that unfriendly towards foreigners.
waitbutwhy.com/2014/08/19-things-learned-nigeria.html

This triggers me

'Us'? You can't destroy blacks, you are what is destroying. White admixture into your race improves it.

I think it's Sweden. Or Germany. Could be France also.

Ireland what the fuck man. Please don't fucking cuck yourself.

From a Newfoundlander to an Irishman I felt pride knowing that we both shared the same culture, both were monocultural and homogeneous. Now your whiteness dropped by 10% in the last couple of years alone.

>the Irish in Ireland will be a minority by 2050 while the Chinese may form the largest ethnic group.

Soon.

Hopefully you get that wanker of a PM out of your parliament too eh?

Is this what the Easter Rising was for? Atheism, abortion, homosexuality, adultery, divorce, abd genocide?

Subversion, welcomed by the degenerates in the dáil no less.

Make it stop.

I know I've never been there, and maybe it's because I'm from Mass, but I've always had the meme of Ireland being an arcadian paradise in my head, and I want it to stay that way. It's supposed to be the "Grey Haven" for us, or at least I wanted it to be.

multiculturalism failed
pro capitalism wins

>and maybe it's because I'm from Mass
The only thing that might continue to exist of Ireland in the future will be Weymouth and some other Irish Riviera holdouts. You're already home.

>tfw drowning under a flood of Guatemalans in New Bedford
Make them stoppppppp

Not to late to save yourself ireland and rejoin the best union

Good, I hope Ireland welcomes them with open arms... and keeps them down south

>The only thing that might continue to exist of Ireland in the future will be Weymouth and some other Irish Riviera holdouts. You're already home.
This can't be home, it's not the emerald land I dreamed it would be.

>tfw drowning under a flood of Guatemalans in New Bedford
Fuck that. Come around Lowell. We are swarmed with fucking Cambodians, Congolese, and Mexicans in the now sanctuary "Mill City"

>posting articles over a year old.

fuck off

Remember when a Nigger ran Ireland's twitter account and was racially abused? Proud of my fellow countrymen.