Is soap a conspiracy?

How come humans are the only animals that need soap to avoid smelling disgusting? Humans washed themselves for thousands of years with only water until recently. Have we been brainwashed to believe soap is necessary for cleanliness?

Other urls found in this thread:

sarahwoodbury.com/life-expectancy-in-the-middle-ages/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wow man you and the smelly ass indians that plague my university are on to something

I recently thought about this. I only shower with water.
but every once in a while soap comes in handy, like after youve fixed your bike, your hands will look like obamas face.

or for cleaning other stuff, like cooking pots, or cleaning a room. but yeah, it's heavily overused for hygiene in my opinion and actually bad for your skin (destroys the protective fat layer)

washing yourself once a day with water is perfectly fine to avoid stink. no soap needed

>destroys the protective fat layer
lol

Humans washed themselves with nothing but water and still smelled disgusting you stupid fucking rat.

>you can use water perfectly fine to avoid stink
Try washing literal shit with water and see if it smells.

>but every once in a while soap comes in handy
Soap is only needed if you're grimy, as in it's summer and you're sweaty or you work a dirty job. If you sit at a computer all, all you need is deodorant and a water shower every few days.

I did, after your mum and dad cucked me and she shat in mouth.

Wot cunt

Lots of animals smell disgusting no matter what they do, like niggers.
You don't need soap, mostly just water.
Some people have very little smell even without washing.
Soap has existed for thousands of years.
Even before soap we used shit like sand and rubbing various plants over ourselves, like many animals do.

Soap isn't a fucking conspiracy, you can make your own.

It acts as a abrasive and breaks apart the oil on your skin. If you don't want to use it don't.
ALL animals fucking smell like shit if you had realize either you fucking retard

You don't need to use soap, so long as you have a relatively clean source of water you can use just that to keep yourself clean. I know someone that had titty cancer and she had some glands removed from under her arm, she couldn't wash it for months and months and she stopped smelling bad. Too much soap is actually bad for your skin because it dries it out. The soap damages your natural oil that keeps moisture in the skin, when that gets damaged/cracked you end up with infections and it ends up stinking even worse.

But a good moisturising soap will do little harm, try not to scrub your actual skin with it, just have the bar in the water and use the soapy water. You're good.

my pet cat smells good. he never bathes; he cleans himself by licking himself.

Big foot smells so bad you can smell him coming a mile away.

Smelling good is a social construct

>it's a hygiene conspiracy thread

You got cucked by emus, not your mom and dad.

We use soap because we aren't flexible enough to lick our ass.

Don't be disgusting and stop trying to justify your bad hygiene habits.

Personal hygiene (at least the very basics like fucking showering and brushing your teeth) is extremely important to your social life. Please do not do this to yourself.

>pineapple
better than
>leaf

most animals smell disgusting if not regularly washed

cats smell good

>abrasive
>surfactant
choose one. Soap is needed for lipid-soluble stuff. Like after you eat pork ribs with your hands. Water is needed for water soluble stuff. Adding soap to water-soluble (everything that is not fat) is unnecessary.

There was some research ->
>washing hands with soap - efficacy 10%
>washing hands with water - efficacy near 100%
>washing hands with soap and water - efficacy near 100 %

Since I study medicine, they actually teach us this shit, how to wash and stuff. Most important thing is actually to avoid "dead spaces", like at the base of the thumb, between the fingers, top of the fingers and under the nails and the wrists, which often get overlooked by the common washing routine.

>american fucking education

humans traditionally used smooth stones, mud, sand, fine gravel, and plant leaves to bathe themselves. modern soap is an abomination because the chemicals are abrasive on the skin and in fact cause a greater amount of bacterial growth. The modern concept of bathing every day only increases the amount of rapid bacteria growth. it harms the skin and hair, and makes your skin frail.

In the old days people bathed less frequently, and of course had a shorter lifespan but that cant be attributed to their bathing habits. You can be in good health and bathe once a month, or even once every six months. you'll smell, and you'll develop infections if you're grooming is poor. But if you groom yourself properly you can smell less. Soap is just a convenient way to not rub mud and sand all over yourself.

Evidence of traditional worthwhile methods of bathing can be found in the trend of soap manufacturers adding coarse substances to the soaps to "exfoliate" the skin. ultimately the purpose of bathing isnt to get soapy, its to wash away dead skin cells and sweat that produce bacteria and odor, and that can be achieved with any coarse material and water.
>dirty hippie that loves a good bath

distill some lye from ashes and then mix it with fat/grease of your choice.

congrats, you have soap.

cats regularly groom themselves, hence the hairballs

The burgers are finally catching up with superior civilisations

what?

>had a shorter lifespan
Childdeath was common during that time. If you survived the early years it was common to life till 80. That's why the average lifespan was so low. I hope you understand I studied history not english.

thank you.

I can't stop laughing at this kkkk

Better go to take my third shower today,

>he doesn't bathe at least 3 times a day(6 in the summer) using antiseptic soaps
>he doesn't wash his hands everytime he touches something that hasn't been washed for at least 2 hours
>he actually touches his food
>he doesn't eat pizza with fork and knives because holding your food with your hand is dirty and subhuman
>he doesn't brush his teeth after every meal and at least twice a day
>he doesn't change clothes at least twice a day
you filthy subhumans

>and in fact cause a greater amount of bacterial growth

How?

>until recently
Soap is as old as civilization.

I haven't noticed any difference between washing with soap or not. I just use schampoo and water.

Same reason we wipe our ass you slob

>If you survived the early years it was common to life till 80
>life expectancy of a 1st world country
TOP KEK

>Eliminating individuals who died before adulthood completely, from the dates recorded below, the mean life expectancy for women was 43.6 years, with a median of 42/43; for men, it was a mean of 48.7 and a median of 48/49.
sarahwoodbury.com/life-expectancy-in-the-middle-ages/

Actually, you don't wanna kill all the bacteria when washing your hands or bathing. If you use the chemicals to do it, you could end up with super bacterias that are resistant to this substance.
Don't buy antibacterial soaps.

The human body has its' flaws.
Try not brushing your teeth for a year for example.

the oils on your skin act as a barrier from external bacteria. When you wash away that oil, the barrier is gone allowing for a greater accumulation of bacteria.

basically this. good Bacteria protects you from bad bacteria. Soap kills ALL bacteria, leaving you vulnerable to illness and odor.

>How come humans are the only animals that need soap to avoid smelling disgusting?
Animals smell disgusting if you haven't noticed, even dogs develop a horrifying stench if not bathed, cats aren't that big plus they "wash" themselves so they don't smell, or not really bad

Come on. Don't prove the Amerishart meme right. Why would you have all that shit on your body at any given time?

>even dogs develop a horrifying stench if not bathed
Not if you have a superior breed of dog.

Because "smelling disgusting" is a hallucination the Jews have programmed into your brain

0/10

>fatty acid salts
>conspiracy
i don't think so faggot

You only think that because the parasites that inhabit its poop have brainwashed you.

Animals wash themselves. Some lick each other. Some bathe in mud and let it dry and fall off. Some bathe in sand.
If you prefer those, then please go ahead.

Memes aside, I find funny that in south america most "decent" people are crazy for hygiene while yuros (and argies which are pretty much hippies) bathe once every week and smell like ass all the time.

Some chemicals in mainstream soap ain't good, and it's healthy for your hair if you don't use shampoo everyday, try and wash hair every few days and use more natural and organic body wagers but wash your body more regularly.

Normal soap kills the bacteria by literally just washing it off your hands.

The bacteria leave with the water and soap lather, they can't become resistant to this.

Where did you get this from haha. Everyone I know showers daily.
Idk about bathing though, it's kinda gay. Haven't done it for years.

The environment of middle ages wasn't very healthy, but humans living in the kind of environments they evolved to live in, such as small hunter gatherer tribes, often lived to their 60s-70s.

It's only recently that human lifespan has begun to increase

Experiences with people from Spain and France. They all smell like shit.

But I suppose I don't have to put everybody else in that bag, because I heard eastern yuros were pretty clean compared to their western neighbours.

technically he's not wrong, your sebaceous glands do secrete sebum made of, amongst many other substances, triglycerides.

Have you never had a dog OP?

They smell like ass if you don't bath them with soap

i shower every day using only baby shampoo
it doesnt have any harsh chemicals in it and my body and hair smells like little baby

Note also that most animals have fur and don't constantly have oils secreting out of their skin which collect bacteria and smell awful

Other animals smell bad in the fur but very few animals sweat, and i imagine the ones that sweat would clean themselves if they had a social construct which relied on being pleasant to the senses for attractiveness

>the oils on your skin act as a barrier from external bacteria. When you wash away that oil, the barrier is gone allowing for a greater accumulation of bacteria.
Nice pseudoscience there buddy.

If your cat gets hair balls you're doing something very wrong.

pretty sure we learn about that in 7th grade life science.

SHART