>THIS IS WHAT RUSSIANS ACTUALLY BELIEVE

LOL

Technically Sputnik was first up. Even if we didn't land on the moon first time I think we ended up the first anyway.

>Americans still unironically believe they landed on the moon and came back again in 1969

they did burger-san

touching some random worthless rock orbiting around earth is not a feat of enginering even by the era's standards.

>Technically Sputnik was first up
they did everything first. first man,woman in space. first animal in space. first manned orbit. first rover on moon. oh, they are the ones that beat the nazis too

>Americanz sent man to the moon in 1969
>I can't send benis into bagina in 2016

REEE

but they do.
although they lost the moon race

Also technically, if we're to believe both US and Soviets had their own operation paperclips it brings into question what nationality of scientists are responsible for the brunt of research and development the got anyone there

They did. Ruskies didn't saw the Moon as top priority and instead focused on space stations. It's like loosing the 100 meters race and then running 50 meters more and then declaring yourself a winner becouse your opponent went home.

>first man in space
>first woman in space
>first dog in space
>first satellite launch
>first space walk
>numerous other accomplishments

What did the yanks achieve?
>hur dur we landed on da big rock that means we win thanks to some arbitrary end goal we made up

>Russians send the first satellite to space
>Russians send the first man to space
>Russians send the first unmanned probe to the Moon
>Americans send the first man to the Moon

Apollo program is only celebrated so much because it was American. If the Russians did it first, you'd just shrug it off and find something else to gloat about.

>implying first woman in space means anything

By most metrics, they did.

We put dudes on the moon, but by then all of the other 1sts were taken.

So tell me about all those space stations the russkies have right now.

I'll wait.

Space race didn't have any set objectives. It was just a contest of whose budget lasts longer. The Americans won because, surprise, surprise, Communism kills the country.

You're god damn right.

This user speaks truthfully. I hate when propaganda takes precedent over truth. Yes, Canada sucks, but it's so fucking cold here that no one wants to do shit!!!!!

They had them longer than americans were able to go to the Moon. :^)

They won the space race but IIRC the first man they sent to space died on reentry.

There's just as many (twice even!) as current American moon missions.

>2017 and still believing the US made it to the moon.

Are there still people who believe in that old conspiracy theory? Go back to /x/ and take your meds.

First space research flight
First human-piloted space flight
First human-crewed suborbital flight
First human space mission that landed with pilot still in spacecraft, thus technically completing the first complete human spaceflight
First close-up photographs of Mars
First sample return from the Moon
First solar probe
First orbital docking between two spacecraft
And plenty more, It's literally write in (((google))) american space achievments

>Go to mars in 2050

>Find society built by descendants of Cosmonauts, who have kept Communism alive since the 1960s

>All whites vacate earth and join them in glorious racial brotherhood. Earth is left to the chimps who blend back in with wildlife

>implying white racial communists won't annihilate degenerate earthens from space with giant particle beams and reclaim earth for the slavic race

Sure, but a race is won when someone crossses the finish line, not based on whoever was ahead for most of the race, then lost at the end.

The entire point of the space race was to make it to the moon, because Kennedy said in 1960 that the US would make it to the moon in the 60's. the moon was the finish line, America crossed it first.

>Didn't know how many layers the Van Allen Radiation belt had till 2011

>The Russians cooked their own guy trying to penetrate it

>Americans magically went through it twice on exit and re-entry with no side effects in 1969

Let me file that one under bullshit bob

>The entire point of the space race was to make it to the moon, because Kennedy said in 1960 that the US would make it to the moon in the 60's. the moon was the finish line, America crossed it first.
so we won because we changed the goal post?

Americucks BTFO

no way they went :D it was a huge joke...

just look at the footage of the astronauts coming back from space... they walk all normal and shit... they would have been too weak to had they actually gone to space...