Serious Discussion On World Affairs

Tell me how it is, Sup Forums. Is there still potential for intelligent discourse here or did that notion go completely to shit?

How did Donald J. Trump get elected president? I saw some guy named Dmitry with some rather long Eastern European last name (or Russian, I don't know) talk on CNN about how the DNC hacks were supposedly by the Russian Government and how their entire network was hacked.

Then again, "16 and Pregnant" is one of the top trending topics on Facebook because some girl who was on that show 7 years ago died of a drug overdose. This is the same media that is covering the elections and swaying people's opinions accordingly. After all, Facebook's personalized, filtered newsfeed algorithms are deliberately withholding information to its viewers simply because it's not what he/she wants to see. This is also the same media that got Donald Trump to power to begin with, and as we approach the 2020's, I fear we may be starting to see the era of human civilization where people's lives, realities, and environments are dictated entirely by the media being presented to them - whether that be from governments or large corporations like Alphabet.

How does one stay afloat with the ongoing informational wars and protect oneself from nation states using altered and false perceptions of reality as a weapon of destruction?

Pic related, some assembly I wrote for school back in September. I don't remember if I ever got it fully functional or not.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lL4wg6ZAFIM
youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=q0zmfNx7OM4&feature=share
youtube.com/watch?v=2Op3QLzMgSY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>How did Donald J. Trump get elected president?
DNC rigging lost a ton of support, Hillary's unwillingness to acknowledge white men as voters and trying to ride off "I'M A WOMAN!", and Donald's consistent and repeatedly campaigning in the rust belt.

America is still white, despite what demographics try to tell you, and that's the most important vote. Hillary wanted to win on minorities. She didn't.

>How does one stay afloat with the ongoing informational wars and protect oneself from nation states using altered and false perceptions of reality as a weapon of destruction?
Play the disinformation game just like Sup Forums did and you'll know the telltale signs.

The main reason i voted for trump is he was NOT a politician. The politicians in this country have to fucking go back

Russian intervention or no, Trump was served the election on a silver platter by DNC corruption and rhetoric alienating of the majority while taking their vote (and the vote of pretty much everyone) for granted.

I understand that there's a huge subsection of America's population that has been completely ignored and overrun with "muh diversity" for almost decades now. I get that they're hardworking, good people who run the backbone of America, and reasonably felt betrayed by Clinton and the political establishment she represented.

What I don't understand is how much of Trump's influence in the media for the past ~30 years has influenced everyone's opinion. While I am not that old and neither are most of my peers, my parents and those 10-15 years younger almost certainly knew Trump as a household name because of the movies and TV shows he was in.

Also, while I think most people can't say for certain whether or not the DNC and elections were "hacked", isn't the U.S reporting on such and the slew of information on both sides a war crime on someone's part? The problem is that American media has been lying to its citizens for so long by omitting information about Syria, Obama signing the NDAA, etc.

With that said, follow multiple sources in the alternative media, maybe a couple half-decent mainstream sources preferably foreign, ideally a few conflicting with each other in some way or another but while still maintaining integrity with respect to their journalism.

It's a tough path, staying genuinely informed, but the media has never been particularly honest and even the sources can be questionable, as is oft the case in Syria.

>programming

wew lad, what's it like being the garbage man equivalent in computer science

>Intel instruction set
Absolute trash

>implying I haven't taken calculus 3, discrete mathematics, computer design, and automata
>thinking I don't understand any of that
>leaf

>computer science
when will this meme fucking end? computer science is a science in name only. you people are so autistic you can't even properly name your own discipline.

So... I shouldn't bother learning programming on my own?

I figured it'd be a good resume boost, if nothing else. But I just don't math. Much.

watch out we got an undergrad over here

dude it's just a catch all, everyone knows what you mean when you say CS

whatever works for you desu

I like you.

My advice is to critically think and constantly ask critical questions about the narrative. NEVER sheepishly accept the "official" story.

Also accept the fact that no news source will get it right all the time, take their content with a grain of salt.

>How does one stay afloat with the ongoing informational wars and protect oneself from nation states using altered and false perceptions of reality as a weapon of destruction?
If you need to ask this, you shouldn't be here

>Pic related, some assembly I wrote for school back in September. I don't remember if I ever got it fully functional or not.
Why the fuck do you think I care?

>bragging about having completed your sophomore year as a meme cs grad
kys

You can still learn programming without going into math or CS. Get an Associate's degree in IT, Computer Science, or programming at your community college. That will give you enough leeway to put your foot in the door for some work experience.

Thank you, user. I'm generally a critical, cynical, and analytical person by nature. What trips me up is knowing that people would NEVER have questioned video evidence, pictures, live narratives, etc. some 40 years ago. To see how far and fast news spreads on the internet - specifically social media platforms and message boards like Sup Forums and Reddit - and how vastly different information is being portrayed is fucking crazy. Isn't journalism and the human history of news gathering basically recollections of first person experiences?

>dude it's just a catch all, everyone knows what you mean when you say CS
it's quite simply wrong though. there's absolutely no reason whatsoever to do that unless you're desperately craving undeserved respect and reverence. kind of like all these bullshit job titles with "engineer" in it. it's fucking retarded, and it devalues the word itself. programmer often do that, too. "I'm a software ENGINEER". no, you're not. you're a fucking programmer. nothing more, nothing less. same shit with computer """""""""""SCIENCE""""""""""".

ok dude no one cares

when encountering new information assume false until proven true, unless from a proven, trusted source you know personally
if it is both true and important then there will be more than one source corroborating the information
understand that all human sources of information make errors
understand that all human sources of information have an agenda of their own
question your own beliefs constantly to ensure that they are both logically consistent and supported by empirical evidence
and remember to unplug regularly to observe your immediate world with your own eyes so that you don't become disconnected from what is most relevant to you as an individual

many people in REAL sciences do, just like people with REAL engineering background care about how loosely people throw the term ENGINEER around.

ok

this genius is considered "no one" by a leaf:
youtube.com/watch?v=lL4wg6ZAFIM

you computer """""""""SCIENCE""""""""" people are literally garbage man tier. kek

>not making $21 an hour.
kek.

youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs

It's called computer science because the internet is the first thing humanity has ever built that it doesn't understand.

>Thank you, user. I'm generally a critical, cynical, and analytical person by nature. What trips me up is knowing that people would NEVER have questioned video evidence, pictures, live narratives, etc. some 40 years ago. To see how far and fast news spreads on the internet - specifically social media platforms and message boards like Sup Forums and Reddit - and how vastly different information is being portrayed is fucking crazy. Isn't journalism and the human history of news gathering basically recollections of first person experiences?

I thought this over too. It made me come to terms with knowing recorded human history is imperfect and remarkably biased.

I used to be cynical when I didn't understand why the world the way it is, paranoid when I started realizing all the lies I used to be convinced of, but now I feel simply aware. Learning about Schopenhauer helped me come to full terms with my cynicism, maybe he could help you too.
>m.youtube.com/watch?v=q0zmfNx7OM4&feature=share

The best way in my opinion to experience life is to step back from its severity, and seek internal peace, harmony, and balance. Love & Fear are truly our primary emotions and everything branches off from them. Meditation is the best way to attain a sense of balance/duality, I'd say integrate it into your daily routine if you already haven't.

correct
computer "science" is really just a branch of mathematics

in most colleges, CS is part of the math department

youtube.com/watch?v=2Op3QLzMgSY

Image I wanted to include didn't upload. Let's try that again.

look into how much the media has invested in keeping things the way they are. not just the companies, but the investors and shareholders themselves. like Carlos Slim at the new York Times
>Carlos Slim is largest single investor of the New York Times
>40 percent of companies on mexican stock exchange are controlled by him in some way
>last year mexico made more money in remittances than they did in oil (money sent back to mexico from abroad, mainly USA)
>more money sent back to mexico means more money is spent in companies where carlos slim profits
>therefore, he directly benefits from controlling a major piece of american news media and driving it in a direction where he can put out pro-immigration, anti-trump propaganda on a daily basis
>attempting to sway public opinion of another country, which if done correctly, could result in voters of that country solidifying your business' safety by voting to create laws against deportation and more laws for getting illegal aliens to become registered citizens

Personally, I'm highly empathic, so I have a tendency to sense the political currents taking place. I think it is these same currents that are what is truly influencing the election. I think most people, despite not fully grasping the logic behind events/actions, can sense and respond to these currents at an instinctual level.

Quick examples:
White people in this country can feel and sense the nation's demographic changing. Regardless of the MSM "diversity is strength" garbage that is spewed, people instinctively respond with fear, as they should.

There are many examples, cultural Marxism is destroying our society at every turn.
Feminism
Homosexuality
Transgderism
Islamic Immigration
Consolidation of power in the hands of the few (Globalism)
Political Correctness
Decline in family cohesion
Decline in religious belief
The rise of Great Power competition, aka China/Russia

I think people sense that society is coming apart and it terrifies them. They are like animals that sense the reverberations in the Earth's crust before an earthquake strikes.

So, what you have are large groups of the population who all vote for the same candidate or act in a coordinated way, but, since their actions are prompted more by instinct than pure rational thought, they arrive at many different explanations for their actions. For instance, if you compiled all the reasons that US citizens voted for Trump, it would stretch on forever and include a multitude of opinions. However, everyone "sensed" that his strong, authoritarian, anti politically correct approach is what our nation needed to survive.

There can be great wisdom found in the will of the collective. Not always, but it can be a powerful and significant force, deserving of attention and respect.

Good shit. I'll definitely have to read some of his works. It seems to sum up a lot of the existentialism and anxieties I've been going through. Thanks for the video!

Is there sauce on this?

That's the sense I got from all of the Trump supporters I talked to. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I think that white people, like every other group of color, intrinsically wants to be with their own kind. It's not that people of color are inherently bad people, it's just that we're biologically driven to see the "others" as a threat to our own resources.

I consider myself to have some off the conservative values you listed, but a lot of that begs the question as to how and why urban liberal strongholds with an abundance of immigrants, people of color, and people with leftist political views don't feel that way. I'm curious as to how much the media, including crowd-based, personalized content such as Facebook, had to do with that.

>DNC hacks

Didn't happen. You are watching Fake News®. The DNC had leaks not hacks. The Dems killed Seth Rich and possibly others to try to plug the leaks but the damage was done.

Lol, you're just fucking salty they're getting paid more than what you do.

Some guy on CNN today was literally saying that the Russian government actually hacked into their network.

I'm not saying it's true. I'm saying that what most Americans consider to be a "reputable" news source is reporting such, and most people are going to believe it.

>This is also the same media that got Donald Trump to power to begin with,

They did everything they could to stop him.