Loonie will dive to 65 cents US in 2017

>David Doyle of Macquarie Capital Markets Canada Ltd. says two major factors are going to conspire to drag the loonie almost 10 cents lower than its current level of around 74 cents US over the next year: interest rates and the price of oil.

>The biggest factor in Doyle's analysis is the sudden divergence in monetary policy between Canada and the United States. In the U.S., the Federal Reserve hiked its benchmark interest earlier this month and is signalling that it expects to do so again at least three more times next year.

>The Bank of Canada, meanwhile, is saying loudly and clearly that is had no intention of following suit. Economists are expecting the bank to stay on the sidelines through 2017 at least, and if any action comes it will likely be to make rates lower — not higher.

>Divergence in monetary policies between the two closely tied countries is rare, so when it happens the impact tends to be large. Higher rates in the U.S. will drive up the value of the U.S. dollar versus everything. Couple that with lower rates in Canada, and you have a recipe for a cheaper loonie.

cbc.ca/news/business/dollar-loonie-prediction-1.3909519

Welcome back, Canadian peso. This might be okay if we could get manufacturing to come back, but with Ontario the way it is, I doubt it. We're also going to be inundated with US liberals will like living with a country with a shit currency but doesn't controlled by drug cartels.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Fort_McMurray_wildfire#Response_and_aid
youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE
theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/canadians-debt-burden-still-growing-hits-record-in-fourth-quarter/article29172712/
cbc.ca/news/politics/grenier-trudeau-liberals-polls-1.3903266
youtube.com/watch?v=NPAcO4extNo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's beyond fucked. Trump is going to lower buisness tax to a third of what it is in Canada so even having a garbage currency won't save our shit economy.

Probably should just convert all my Canacuck money to American dollars then.

What will Canada do when the world shifts to solar and other forms of power and stops relying on oil?

And you fuckers sold all your gold.

>tfw Canadian but work for American companies online and paid in US dollars

not >1964
>garbage

PLEASE DONT RAISE MY VIDYA PRICES

If you're going to sponsor one family of Syrian refugees, why not sponsor 50? That's the logic behind Jim Estill's decision. The Guelph, Ont. businessman, and CEO of appliance company Danby, plans to help bring 50 families to the Guelph area and he's personally footing the bill of over $1 million.

>Why did you want to sponsor so many families?

You look at the number of people who need help in this crisis, 50 is a drop in the bucket, it is almost none. It's completely absorbable in a city the size of Guelph. In a sense some things are actually easier to do with a group of 50 families than with one because if you go and arrange housing, well, one house might be appropriate for one family and not for another.

I think it will be within the next 60 days that we will start getting refugees, but it is government so you never know, but we're ready today. We've set up mentors, so that every family has an Arabic speaking mentor and an English speaking mentor to look after setting up bank accounts and getting health cards, you know, simple stuff.

And monitoring them to see are they landing well, are they integrating well, what do they need? And then as we find out what is needed I've accumulated a bunch of names of people that might be able to help and we'll just reach out and ask.

If you ask, people will give. You just have to ask.

itll be $89.99 for a new release soon

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Fort_McMurray_wildfire#Response_and_aid
>Australia, Israel, Mexico, the Palestinian Authority, Russia, Taiwan, and the United States offered international assistance in battling the fire, though the offers were turned down by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. Trudeau said that while the offers were appreciated, they were unnecessary as firefighters from other Canadian provinces were gaining control of the situation.[47][48] South Africa sent 301 firefighters at the request of the Canadian Interagency Forest Fire Centre at the end of May.[49] The firefighters were trained during the month of April at a boot camp, in order how to learn to use special hoses instead of the leather padded wooden sticks known as "firebeaters" they typically use in their home country due to a lack of water.[50] Less than a week after being deployed the South Africans went on strike over a wage dispute and were demobilized. Alberta Premier Rachel Notley vowed to address the issue and ensure that the firefighters were paid a minimum of CA$11.20 per hour as required by the province's labour laws, rather than the CA$15 per day allowance specified in their contract with their South African employer.[51]

and yet the BoC wont fucking raise interest rates

That would kick off the shit storm eh

>The firefighters were trained during the month of April at a boot camp, in order how to learn to use special hoses instead of the leather padded wooden sticks known as "firebeaters" they typically use in their home country due to a lack of water

>You look at the number of people who need help in this crisis, 50 is a drop in the bucket, its almost none.

youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/canadians-debt-burden-still-growing-hits-record-in-fourth-quarter/article29172712/

Canadians ended 2015 with a record-high debt burden, as low interest rates and still-soaring regional housing markets fuelled the fastest year of household debt growth since 2011.

Statistics Canada reported Friday that the ratio of household credit-market debt to disposable income, the key measure of the debt load, rose to 165.4 per cent in the final quarter of the year, eclipsing the upwardly revised previous record of 164.5 per cent in the third quarter. That means that at the end of the year, households held more than $1.65 in debt for every dollar of annual disposable income.

For all of 2015, household debt rose 4.9 per cent, the fastest pace in four years, to a record $1.92-trillion. That included a 6.3-per-cent surge in mortgage debt, also the fastest since 2011, reflecting low borrowing costs and surging real estate prices in key regions, especially in Toronto and Vancouver. Disposable income, meanwhile, grew by a more modest 3 per cent.

Are you stupid? They have no rights to levy interest on our BoC currency anyway. We are just so cucked the Barons do whatever they want.

Read some fuckin canadian law you leaf

What's the weedmans favorability at?

Supposedly around 55%, according to the (((polls))) who are known for their complete non-bias and accuracy... ;^)

very very low

Your dollar is supposed to be low, you are an oil exporting country.

>cbc.ca/news/politics/grenier-trudeau-liberals-polls-1.3903266

kek check out the comments here

No it dropped into the low 40's.

>PoowEW
>Poo
Brampton IP?

Tres bien

What should I do with my savings to avoid devaluation?

forex

literally anything but forex

>avoid devaluation
Silver or gold would do just that eh

oh fuck son ten dollar lap dances
time to make this dream a montreality :o

>tfw no american sugar momma

what the fuck is it with people thinking the strip clubs here are something magical

The ones in Montreal are m8

there is one strip club in VT, and the best thing I've heard is there might be a stripper with one leg.

fuck that shit st cats/downtown can burn to the ground for all I care

>loonie

Is that some sort of crazy toilet?

should I buy USD bucks now ?

down with the leaf.

francs senpai

Its cause there's an old crazy woman on the back

When your money is shit I go to Whitehorse and buy stuff. You need to cater to me.

>montreality

don't care much for the strip joints there myself, but credit to you for this one

senpai montreal is boring as fuck now americans canadians hipsters and frogs turned this city into toronto jr for real the city died around 2010

>What will Canada do when the world shifts to solar and other forms of power and stops relying on oil?
Diversity will enrich canada so it doesn't matter.

noice

short CAD or CL continuous futures through interactive brokers

dont listen to this retard

Most (((polls))) have him at 50% but we all know how accurate those are. Pic related.

top kek

Reminds me of that family guy skit about Canadian hospitality.

youtube.com/watch?v=NPAcO4extNo

>live in canada
>trying to buy first house
>housing costs for the shittiest of houses range from $350,000 to $500,000
>most jobs pay minimum wage to 15$ an hour
>rent costs are $1000 to $1200 a month
>Dollar is going to soon be worth under 70 cents

Yup, first world country with third world economy. I cant wait for the inevtible crash. Canadians deserve it, we have the most self righteous self hating pussies in the world. There is not a single group of people that destroys its own profitable industries and goes into so much debt as Canadians. We deserve to be third world. Anybody who makes any sort of money here is immediately penalized for it too, and our society tries to destroy the industries that are profitable.

You want to make 200,000$ a year here? Have fun being taxed about 100,000$ of it. There is no winning here, it's almost impossible to get rich, almost impossible to make your small business profit enough to survive, almost impossible to get a job now even working in the oilfield. Our trades workers are being shit on, it's all government employees now who need mass immigration of people to pay for their pensions and wages.

This country is so fucked. I cant wait for the end of 2017. Trudeau, Notley, Wynn are all going to have the highest disapproval ratings in history.

where the fuck are you living dude?

I live downtown Toronto and rent is $650

for a room sure

my place in parkdale in 2008/10 was like 750$ and had roaches

im on brunswick ave. $650 no problem. you can get a bachelor at bathurst and bloor for $1000.

not bad.

get a better job. I gotta edit film in this city. but im fucked when i gotta have kids one day.

err king and bathurst

>I live downtown Toronto and rent is $650
Must be a pretty cozy room... Communal washroom & kitchen?

>my life is a sham

yes

Eh if your roomies are alright it could be worse, 650 for a room in toronto is bretty gud, hope that includes utilities too

this was a 3 1/2 not a shoebox fuck the rent in toronto

I'm paying 480$ for a 3 1/2 4 metro stops from downtown montreal on a ground floor flat w/my own backyard

hehehe

Yea rent there is pretty nice, sad thing about the politics there tho

we will rise from the ashes
we will vote in the next hitler
we will be the envy of all the world
They will attack us for this
we will be a smouldering hole in the ground

montreal will get rid of bill 101 and all other bullshit quebecois faggotry that killed the city in the next few years so many people are moving here and getting very pissy

montreal needs money badly and no one will invest here with bill 101/etc

There is more in the ground.
>Muh master plan to circumvent the goy containment matrix

China should just officially buy our pathetic cuckshed of a country already

So our banker jews want me to buy a bunch of gold?