Hey Sup Forums, serious question:

Hey Sup Forums, serious question:
Do we live in a panopticon?
What are your experiences with this, and how do you defend against it?
My recent experience, it feels like I can't do much of anything without being watched or studied.
I'm not talking about just electronic surveillance either.
I have a weirdo neighbor, if I open my apartment door, he's not far behind and follows me for some distance. My apartment building is across from a library and park, if I open my window, he hears it and will sit in the park, watching.
Several times I have spotted the same people on my way to the store or work etc. in different parts of a large city at different times of the day. If eye contact is made, they hurry off, but a few minutes later I will see someone else watching and keeping tabs on me.
I'm not doing anything, in fact I'm doing just about everything to not be noticed. I'm white, moderately sucessful and I have no criminal history or background and stay out of trouble.
I stopped bringing my cellphone and electronics with me, now I use a Faraday bag when I do carry my phone. It doesn't seem to help. I'm not paranoid, just noticing that I'm watched 24/7 and I can't figure it out. It feels like Cold War East Germany.
I'd appreciate any helpful advice or life experiences, this feels wrong on so many levels.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PFABNsb6dEI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You probably have schizophrenia. Any three-letter organization agent would not be noticed by a layperson.

Nope, not schizophrenia.
Also, I've never said it was government. Just noticing strangers that pop up more than once in a day at random places in the city when I go out. It's not often either, but happens about once or twice every few weeks. And it's a freaky feeling when you pay attention to detail and have to remember where you last saw someone, then it clicks and it's like, "That guy was at ____ earlier this morning, now he's here at ____ watching me."
It also doesn't matter when it comes to places that are paid entry. Sometimes clothes are changed, hair is styled different, but recognisably the same person or persons.
Also
>INB4Mr.Robot

What do you do for a living user?

Normal part time work with a varying schedule, that's why I'm concerned. If I was a 9 to 5 Mon-Fri, or on a set schedule, I'd think less of spotting strangers twice in one day in a busy city.
Also I change up the various places I visit, like fast food, bank branches, stores etc.

stop smoking weed

Lol, no drug history either. I'm practically a Mormon. The most I give into is the occasional two beers on a weekend. I'm pretty straight laced.

Same here. Ill notice the same people throughout the day. I cant help but have the feeling im always being watched.

Op here, also need to add I used to work for a major motion picture studio, and I know some of the tricks Directors use to create a scene, like having Extras walk in circles in the background and foreground to make a place look busy. So I've taken to calling people observing me for no apparent reason "Extras".

Tip: humans interpret the actions of others as being important to you or directed at you.

Every time a group of people laughs, you get the feeling they're reacting to you. But nobody cares about you, just about themselves.

If some strangers actually stalk you, why would you be so important?

They're time travellers or taking orders from one. You're important to protect because of something you will do.

What is "normal part time work"? Do you live near your parents?

What kind of experiences? Give examples if you can share them.
Mine aren't pervasive or overt, but I'll notice when I'm being watched and then my level of alertness goes up. I'll also keep my keys in my hand if I'm walking alone or I'll go into a busy area and walk through to hopefully lose them. Not trying to evade , just don't like being followed or watched. A few times I've gone to the bookstore and stayed an hour just reading.

Yes, I know that the actions of others like a group of laughing people can be misinterpreted.
Or if a room goes quiet, it's not necessarily because I walked in etc.
I'm familiar with that.
Also I don't think it's time travel lol. Just noticing people that watch me and also when they appear twice in a day.
Another thing that's happened is when they appear on a different day, but are easy to spot because they are wearing the same clothes. That has happened a few times.
Parents don't live nearby. If I had a rich relative, I'd suspect the relative.

It's pretty common for me to run into the same stranger at Walmart, then Aldi.

Try being friendly
> I noticed you at x this morning. How are you today?
Then they have to talk to you.

I wear identical clothes many days.

Again. Job? How big is the city?

Job is average, what you'd expect from a part time desk job. Nothing exciting. Same goes for pay.
I'm watching some YouTube videos now on how to detect surveillance, it's pretty much what I do already. My problem is why I'm being observed. It just makes no sense and so the panopticon scenario seems to fit, maybe that's what it is.
Also I have travelled to US friendly foreign countries, never had this happen. I felt unobserved. It may be because I had a vacation mindset, but I don't know. I'd like to think that I would have picked up on it in a foreign country if I was observed.

I suggest antipsychotics

see

OP for real before I got on Zyprexa for two weeks in college I heard all sorts of voices. Was hearing people through walls, in the halls, and even floors above or below me. Thought I was being tracked. In reality you need to ignore these things and improve your physical state and mental state. Don't focus on these thoughts, let them fade to the subconscious. I promise you billions of people have gone through this throughout history. Please keep an eye on your brain's reaction to different stimuli. Eat better, drink more water. Good luck OP. If people really are watching us there isn't shit you or I could do but enjoy our lives.

Why are you being so evasive on your job? What EXACTLY do you do? Who are your co-workers?

Probably a larper who didn't think far enough ahead. But I'll keep larping.

You're obviously smart and have an eye for detail, but smart, detail oriented people can have mental illness.

Take actual pictures and have actual conversations with these people and make another thread at 11pm eastern next Thursday.

Again. City?

*sigh* it's not psychological.
Antipsychotics wouldn't change the fact that I am sometimes observed or followed, only my perception of it.
Sticking my head in the sand wouldn't help either.
I am contemplating confronting an "Extra" and saying hello just to see what their reaction would be, then asking if they were at the place I last observed them.
I did this once years ago in Los Angeles, they looked shocked but admitted that yes they were at said place & time earlier. When I asked if they were following me, the person ran off in a hurry.
In a city as big as Los Angeles, it's highly unlikely to run into the same person twice in one day. I no longer live in L.A., but the city I live in now is comparable in size and population.

Lol, no voices or stuff like that. Just noticing being observed.
I did like the idea in this thread of photographing "Extras", I will give this a shot just to have documentation.
Come to think of it now, when I flew back in to Los Angeles, US Customs pulled me aside and went through my belongings. This was in 2013.
Maybe they think I have something of interest? That would go far to explain why I'm observed. I can't think of anything I have that they would be interested in. Maybe I was observed talking to someone else of interest and that's why. No idea.
Also, not LARPing.

Op here. Going to watch this video, then taking a nap.
youtu.be/PFABNsb6dEI

I'm going to bed. See you in a week hopefully.
Still no job details. You're either larping or mentally ill. Tell someone about this irl. Fly me out there and show me if all else fails.

Remember to include in all narratives that moral panics over out of context asymmetrical information sharing is an exploitable tool of power and all cards on the table not just some cards...
Structured review concluded.

(((They))) can tell if your shoe is tied from satellites in orbit, why would people need to follow you like that to spy on you?