You're doomed. How do you think you'll continue to be a first world country at this rate? It's at 19.5 trillion now...

You're doomed. How do you think you'll continue to be a first world country at this rate? It's at 19.5 trillion now, you have 40 years, max. What are you going to do about it?

the same thing all countries that created insurmountable debt for themselves did. declare war.

That doesn't work anymore, the other side has nukes now.

This shit is easy when you're a genius (I am)

The entire world will invest in me. Debt cleared.

>implying it matters

It's all just a big computer game at this point regarding those numbers.

thats what literaly any exponential graph looks like try harder leaf

north american civil war equates to world war in a month. it's the same either way.

Canada doesn't.

If we needed them we could easily buy or produce them, and so could a lot of other countries, they aren't that hard to come by.

do what they've always done, invest in military technology and turn international politics into a mexican standoff.

you don't think they're giving stupid amounts of money to lockmart, boeing and northrup for no reason, do you? it's to keep people trained so when shit goes down they can pump out weapons like crazy.

if you think the US military is powerful now, just wait until a nimitz gets sunk and within 3 months the keel of 4 more technologically superior carriers get laid.

Every 3 or so cities that were nuked would probably add another 500 billion though. Is 166 billion a reasonable price for a city? I think so but I can't be sure.

how exactly do you think the canadian population would continue as is without an economy? nowhere to export, nowhere to sell, nowhere to work. you'd be rekt too.

You can't just throw war at things until they disappear, you tried that with emus and look at how it turned out.

that's not the point, the point is that you make yourself such a large threat to your enemy that they don't try shit, and if they do decide to start something you grind them into a fine powder. the threat is more important than the actual war in all cases.

remember what happened the last time some idiot decided to go up against a superpower? hint: WW2

Dude, you know money is fake right?
The fed just prints whatever.
Also a collapse of the US economy leads to a global recession, especially here in Canada.

I'm an economist.

I can tell you that if America doesn't pay its debt, there would literally be no economic repercussions.

the collapse of the us economy leads to worldwar3.
>1 billion chinese out of work and starving overnight
>oil price drops to $5/barrel
>russia, saudi, iran economies evaporate overnight
think this through more leaf.

The government could pay that off any time it wanted. As a country that controls its currency, there is no amount of US Dollars that the federal government can not pay. Instead, it's a matter of balancing policies to achieve desired results.

Try telling that to iran

other side? whos the other side moron? USD is the global currency.

Linear graph is misleading, need to graph debt to gdp to normalize it. Clinton bent the curve but then bush went apeshit and Obama had to just hold the fuck on, not allowing bush tax cuts to expire was dumb and pointless on obamas part

Almost 70% of U.S. debt is owned by U.S. entities (local and state governments, pension funds, mutual funds and the Federal Reserve). The foreign countries that do own American debt are countries with significantly less military force (mainly China, Japan and Belgium). The debt is a problem but we have plenty of other issues that will destroy us sooner if left unaddressed.

>It was Bush's fault!
>Obama dindu nuffin!
Are you fucking serious?

> Belgium

:)

From a personal standpoint it wouldn't effect the average Canadians life that much. For example, my friend 15 miles down the road only got wifi a year ago. What's that wifey? Toronto, Ottawa, and Vancover got turned into glass? Well of course I'm still gonna go work on building that house, it's not like it's the end of the world or anything!

From a goverment standpoint, you're right. If you or me were nuked it'd fuck us both over. What I'm trying to say though is, war is only profitable if it's outside your borders, like a bystander cheering on a bar fight. But with ICBMs being a thing, there's a high chance it can quickly become inside your borders, like when one of them grabs and throws you at the other guy.

They have their own currency, so "printing" is always an option, i.e. they are going to be ok just look at Japan... But the US is going to have to consume less and be more productive and start to paying back debt while at the same time letting inflation take care of a lot of it. And if you can enact structural reforms that lowers regulations and taxes you will get a higher growth rate in general making the debt more bearable.

Other side is the person you just declared war against

I'm a part of what some people call the "alt-right" and it feels punk as fuck. It feels like an actual counter culture, or rebellion against the PC culture that dominates American colleges.

Bush is certainly to blame but Obama is also to blame. Just look at his crazy sending packages. The politicians are great at misallocation resources.

Don't be a keynesian shill btw.

Bill Clinton (and Bush) is also to blame for creating some of the bad incentives the caused the housing crisis.

Umm.. kill our creditors?

You're right, here's the proper graph (proper as in first understandable one on google). The us is #or so at about 100% right now, for comparison Greece is #2 at 180%, and japan is #1 at 250%, #3 is at 110% (mind you 3-7 are third world countries, with the exception of italy).

Forgot photo

Now post the chart that shows the debt to GDP ratio.

Here you go, but my phone is garbage so yeah...

Thanks, user.