Hey Sup Forums you have any experiences with these games?

Hey Sup Forums you have any experiences with these games?

I really never touch into video games but they seem like they're of my interest.

I guess I'm a little put off how intimidating EU4's interface looks same goes to CivilizationV so I kinda feel like ill be too autistic to understand the video games and a little too busy to figure them out.

shall I?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/48700/
youtube.com/watch?v=pp0amTx6NFw
youtube.com/watch?v=KWAP0RNFOmc
youtu.be/gftTXltifpg?t=3m44s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

EU4-redpilled
CIV- fucking waste of time,

or forget both and just get Mount & Blade with Napolean DLC

Where is the appeal of playing video games, dont you guys feel like wasting countless hours on that stuff?

Get civ v complete pack. You'll need about 10 hours to figure everything out if you're not a retard and can read. It's really like a board game, but on steroids.

Check out CKII aswell. Easally the greatest game I've played.

That's my point satan.
I have merely any time anymore to just play video games but I thought why not play educateful games? win win.

Europa Universalis 3 was the best game I've ever played.

Took one look at EUIV and hated it.

>Mount & Blade

Muh nigga. With Fire and Sword is pretty fuggin good too.

Get EU4, Mountain Blade, CKII, and maybe HOI3. Civ 5 is boring and easy.

Says Satan posting on a Laotian needlepoint forum.

Play Rust.

EU4 is shit. Go ask /gsg/ about all the ways.
Civ V is alright, although it feels like a board game and the AI can't deal with 1UPT to save its life.

>Napoleon
I like the sound of that, is it online FPS?

Easily* lol. Just woke up.

Civ V is trash. Get Civ IV if you must.

Its the fucking bomb, but no one ever plays it.

What do you do in your free time then?

You want redpill get Age of Empires 2 with the African DLC so you can reenact the invasion of Sweden with Vikings against the Malians/Ethiopians

Maybe this time you will win

>Civ v
>inimidating

how fucking casual are u

CIV is fucking fun and is a good experience for pol guys stfu fagget

sure fucking is, good shit

link

store.steampowered.com/app/48700/

Just get total war m8

CIV is babies first Paradox game

IMO
Civ - boring
EUIV AMAZING WITH EXPANSIONS, lots of mods too. Can form different kingdoms, reform empires. Manifest your destiny. So good. It's very indept with tons of mechanics you have to learn to be decent at this game.

It's expensive with expansions so imo wait for sale unless ur a richfag

Guess I'm nobody then :^)

Seriously though, M&B got me through two deployments and sparked my interest in medieval warfare. Fantastically fun games.

>I'm fucking diamonds for Bannerlord too

idgaf ppl have to start somewhere, sven is new remember

Civilization is like a board game, it's fun but it's so fucking basic it's almost a kid game.

EU4 is another animal, absolutely amazing, just like other Paradox grand strategies. It took me couple tries to "get it", but once it clicked i just spent hundreds of hours playing different historical nations. I'd suggest watching some tutorials and gameplays online to help you learn it (i recommend Quill18, he talks a lot, i learned almost everything about the game from him).

Enjoy user.

just get vicky 2

Empire: Total War is superdeeduper fun. It gets my seal of approval for its huge amounts of killing brown people for their land.

>Civ game bad game

well it is played by almost all of my friends list which is like 13 people kek but I mean the numbers tell you something...

alright honestly ill admit its fun the first couple of times, but its a huge time sink and doesnt really have too much strategy involved. And it especially lacks historical accuracy which is why it doesnt really do it for me.

EU IV is quite good, but I'd recommend you get it with all of the expansions as the base game is not nearly as good, also look into some good mods.

I'd also recommend Victoria 2 (again with expansions+HPM mod) by Paradox as well-it's EU4 but in 19th century

>it's popular therefore it's good
Just like the popular vote, eh?

>it's EU4 but in 19th century
That's an enormous insult to V2.

>EU4
Felt like a completely pointless waste of time to me every time I tried a Paradox game.

how could anyone forget Liquor Factory 2

Just try it, it's not redpilled or advanced but it's literally pol the game

>is it online FPS?
It is online First/Third Person Bagpipe Player
youtube.com/watch?v=pp0amTx6NFw

Yeah, Paradox games are really hit or miss with people. They usually have massive learning curves and are very open ended. If you're looking for a "do X to win" game, you're better off looking elsewhere.

Cooking, pastry, reading, Cycling (but its fkn winter)

Also shitpost whenever its possible

feels that way when you get really good at the game too, playing Eu3 for the first time felt so immersive and exciting but now playing EU4 just feels cold and calculating.

press f to pay respects for my wallet

(spoiler) somthing tells me I'm abondoning half of this list forever forgoten in my Steam library while I crave like 1 or 2 of them (spoiler/)

Also thoughts on total war games?

If I can quench my thirst by exterminating filthy brown saracens than I would be a happy boy.

I was turned-off from all Paradox games after I saw a screenshot of one of their devs being an asshole

Mount & Blade is definitely good

once you learn the basics, EUIV is actually pretty simple and you spend a lot of time just waiting for time to pass in game for shit to happen

it's a swedish game anyway, Sven youtube.com/watch?v=KWAP0RNFOmc

if you get civ V get the complete edition though

euIV you can get some of the major dlc or just pirate the dlc and get it to work on steam supposedly

you can pirate both but having the steam workshop is nice

You might want to wait until Christmas day before buying that, since there's likely going to be a sale on that day.

People usually say Empire is one of the worst if not the worst Total War.
HOWEVER and said that, It's the only one I have 100% more than once and I really like it.

Yes and only play rhodoks, forget about the nord and swadian scum

Someone pls buy me eu4 , i'm a poor serb :/

CIV is awesome I play that shit for days at a time.

Honestly between running a business and dealing with shit, the only time my brain shuts down is when I play games.

>too autistic to understand the video games
No friend. You must be autistic to understand these video games. Any game made by paradox is meant for Sup Forums
It distracts you from the pain of being a man. Tyler Durden was right, it is best to focus on the pain, confront it. Best not to play video games

Both games are fine. EU4 is much harder to learn.
Fuck, now I have the urge to find a good line battle clan again.
This.
YES.
pic related
Just pirate it until you figure out what you like, man.

hey youre gonna really regret buying those paradox games without the dlc.

This is a good idea

I like complex games, but it's like EU has the wrong kind of complexity for me.

For example I enjoyed Dwarf Fortress,Dominions 4 and Aurora 4X, but EU just felt too abstract.

just torrent it then

autismolords will tell you that eu4 is piss easy but if you have no experience with grand strategy it will take a long time to learn it.

Where is the appeal of leafpostig, dont you guys feel like wasting countless hours on that stuff?

buy hearts of iron 3 and get the blackice mod for it

>Empire
You have made a mistake, get Napoopan instead.

would you say you prefer game with micromanagement?

I've already experienced the pinnacle of Steam games, or at least the best games that my third world toaster can handle (Dominions 4, Tales of Maj'Eyal, Terraria, Dawn of War series, Age of Empires 2 HD, and DOTA 2)

Not planning to buy much during this current holiday sale

Do not listen to this man, Civ 5 is fun but Civ 4 is still the best civilization simulator

Find early version of Civilization V with broken nuclear Ghandi

youtu.be/gftTXltifpg?t=3m44s

try this game

>Haydee

You have taken a good decision

Civ 5 is easy and addictive, fun with friends. Not a great political simulator though, it's pretty much a board game.

Europa, on the other hand, is long, grueling, complex and epic. If you have a short attention span though, you may lose interest. I personally can never get into Grand Strategies because they don't keep and hold my attention, and I ultimately get bored.

I recommend you get a Total War game as well if you can afford it. The grand strategy aspects are simple enough for you to understand, but realistic enough to actually allow you to partake in actual political simulation. But the best part of any TW game are the battles, allowing you to control armies, zoom right up to the battle, taking into account terrain, weather, morale and ammo.

Personally, the battles in TW are a true test of the mind. Executing strategies in the real time, being capable of assessing all variables and being able to use simple wits is great fun. Makes you feel like a Napoleon, Washington or Alexander.

get victoria 2 pleb

The problem with CIV V is that it puts being a board game above being historical. Your leader/national you pick is only relevant to your unique traits and buildings. The world starts off empty and you have to fill it up by creating cities. You care more about accumulating your "victory points", be that a science win, or cultural. Religion is just another currency, and has no impact on the game besides getting a few bonus traits/buildings, can be completely ignored, and usually snowballs for whoever made the first one. Military is slightly different in that you buils units instead of buildings, and can get great bonuses from conquering, but it's really hard to fully eliminate every other player, because usually the AI are too shit at finishing off other players, or other human players don't bother because they'll fall behind in science and lose late game.

Paradox games like EU4, Heart of Iron IV, CK2, are all different in that you aren't playing a random board game, you're playing an actual historical country from that time period. Instead of playing as Gandhi for 6000 years, your character will age and die, and must be replaced by your offspring. You can be an emperor, or just a simple vassal under a king. Your board isn't a hex-grid cluster fuck, but an actual, real map. Every inch of the map is already controlled by kingdoms like the Ottoman Empire or the Holy Roman Empire, or simple tribal counties. Religion can make or break you. Winning new land isn't done simply by attacking people (sans religious wars), but by playing local politics and acquiring the "right" to control that land, be it by marriage or fake claims to it. Your religion defines whose your friends (or neutral), and who are your enemies.

CIV is a lot easier to get into, and I would probably recommend it if you're completely new, but it's very shallow when it comes to history. Paradox games are great for history buffs, but require almost literal autism to enjoy the mechanical gameplay.

700 hour civ 5 fag here

GET IT

Its all pretty much the same, civ 5 has a mod to make it like civ 4 but better.