Drug epidemic in rural America

Hey Sup Forums Im posting this because I really don't know who to talk to and I want to know if anyone else has experienced it.

A close friend of mine just died from OD'ING on oxycodone, he was 22 years old and isn't the first one. I'm from a coal town in Appalachia with ~1,000 people in the whole county.

>This past month 8 people have died the exact same way.

Anyone have any experience with this? Or know how to combat it?

Get them to take shrooms and beat them with a length of garden hose screaming German till they repent

Lack of opportunity, nowhere to go, nothing to see or do in a sea of degeneracy. Might as well get high.

The best way to combat it is to leave the area or get others to travel with you.

Fuck Mexico and their cartels, they are a big contribution to this problem. Also the lack of jobs and the media demonizing small town whites and communities in general leads to increased drug use. This is a problem that HOPEFULLY Trump and Nationalism can fix.

Stock up on Naxalone or familiarize your town with it if they don't know about it already.

What I know about the meds sugguests it was an intentional suicide, OP.

More rural deaths is good for the rest of the country. Your friend was obviously an idiot and did everyone a favor by removing himself.
It's a good thing rural people are too retarded to learn about pharmacokinetics or carry naloxone.

Me and my friends used to use alot of drugs, but i live in the netherlands. We stick to traditional drugs and know how to use them. The US drug users video's on the internet always give me the idea that americans are on a quest to take as much drugs as possible without dying

fpbp

Pretty much how it is in western society.
As for OP let the junkies die and legalize all drugs, just let em go crazy with it.
More jobs open and more porperty and rent housing avalible.
Also offer 1,000$ for being sterilized.
Less offspring being born.

Yes the probelm is world wide. My bets friend growing up was a great guy now he's basiclaly a bum in thestreet because of this shit. Just dont let these people play a huge part of your life, someitmes you need to remove yourself from poisonous people in order to not end up in their predicament.

I think it has more to do with big pharma pushing this crap on people who dont need it becasue they know it is addictive and they will sell hella pills.

>Fuck Mexico
>and cartels

These are just the symptoms. Pic related is the root cause.

Bullshit.

My wife is in constant pain from seven herniated discs in her neck and upper back. Surgery is not an option; there's more chance she'll be WORSE off after surgery than better or the same.

She used to get 6 pain pills a day. They weren't enough. She was still in constant pain.

Then the government said she (and anyone else) can only get 5 pills per day. Because shitfucks are selling them and people are dying. My wife's pain levels were now higher and less treated than before.

Then the government said she can only get 4 pills per day. Because again, fucksticks that don't need pain meds because they are not in chronic pain are just fucking junkies

AND THE BEST WAY TO DEAL WITH JUNKIES IS TO DENY PEOPLE IN CHRONIC PAIN THEIR FUCKING MEDS

>combat it

Nah, let the drugs flow. Darwin awards for everyone. The average IQ would skyrocket after all the retarded druggies are dead.

>Living in this comfy place
>Making drugs other than crafted booze in different flavors

Get your shit together. That's how you combating it.

Because that definitely worked with the blacks :^)

If your wife did stretches and ate better, probably lose some weight, she wouldn't need those pills you fucking idiot. Worst case scenario smoke a little pot.

I swear to god Americans are the biggest bitches with back pain. It happens all over the world but guess what fuckwit? Only Americans like you DEMAND massive doses of narcotics. Grow up.

Learn about kratom and spread awareness in your area. Then continue to other areas.

I have a family member who was going down to Mexico on a regular basis to supplement his RX for Oxy due to cancer and a bad car accident. The "Oxy" he was buying from a pharmacy down there was actually Fentanyl. It starts at the doc then they cut people off who then seek alternative means to control pain. I feel bad because I know they will be a street junkie within a year or so.

fpbp

What else happens in Mexico's healthcare system? real shady shit?

I live in KY. Pills used to be the big thing around here but once doctors stopped giving them its been nothing but heroin. It seems like the only thing that helps them is hitting rock bottom. At that point they either pick themselves out of the mud or get swallowed by it. Its tragic.

Didn't they schedule that a while back?

Who's they? It's up to people to organize and get shit done in s timely manner. Beaurocracy doesn't do shit but waste as much time and money as possible.

My brother in law overdosed on heroin six months before we got married. Je was a degenerate but it really fucks up a family.

I grew up in small town appalachia and i dont have a solution other than get the fuck out. Most of the people left behind are old timers or nigger tier welfare trash.

The pain is largely in her head and is a result of her opiate addiction. If she quit 3 months down the road her pain will noticeably reduced.

t. Pharmacist

Long time addict here, been off and on opiates for over a decade. They were stupid and careless. There is no reason to take unknown quantities of an unknown substance and risk your life.

Yes it will consume your life and you will always want more, I think about it every day, but there is no reason not be safe. It is their own stupidity that killed them not the drug.

I am currently addicted to heroin and have been for the past 3-4 years.

I've been getting better though believe it or not. A year ago I was shooting up about half a gram to a gram a day ($60-$120 USD). At this very moment today I only have to pick up about 40-600 dollars a day. And the best part is that those morning pickups no longer go into my veins. I've begun snorting my dose which is a much better way of doing the drug if you want to kick the habit. A heroin habit where you take the drug intravenously causes immensely horrible withdrawals. Withdrawal from insufflation is not nearly as bad and manageable.

My point is that it is possible to get better, even on your own! Only my friends know and my family doesn't have to know until I've officially gotten clean.

The pessimist and cynic on this board will assume I will relapse and to be straight up honest with you, it's a very real possibility. But after 4 years of basically not living my life at all and chasing a daily high that cost me all my money, my comfortable lifestyle, and alienated most of my friends. Once you get tired of being sick and broke all the time... the scales tip towards you not relapsing rather than it being more likely of relapse.

I'm fighting the good fight this time around Sup Forums! I'm cautiously optimistic about my dosage reduction and the change of route of administration. Keep me in your hearts while I fight s because I never ever make threads or start conversations about my personal issues but I wanted to share for some reason. Maybe I could help someone in a similar situation by sharing my life experiences - how I got here, how I've managed, and how to set up realistic goals to quit.

I love you all! Take care of yourselves my brothers from other mothers.

He said she had multiple herniated discs?
Do y know what that is? Spinal tissue gets pushed between your vertebrae. Even the slightest movement causes extreme agony across your entire body.
And she has 7. Smoking a little pot isn't going to help. Neither will eating better.
If that guy is truthful his wife is probably contemplating suicide as an alternative.

Minnesota here, there's been a large number of heroin deaths in the last 2-3 months out of nowhere. Granted, they were almost all in Anoka, which isn't far outside of the big cities.

you're describing an opiate addict user.

t. herniated L4-5 during competitive weightlifting, did physio and returned to function without anything but ibuprofen and anti inflammatories.

>The pessimist and cynic on this board will assume I will relapse and to be straight up honest with you, it's a very real possibility.

You will relapse, I know from experience. The worst thing you have to fight is not the physical pain its the boredom. Set a plan to titrate your dose, it sounds like you already are doing so if your dose is getting smaller. Keep it up.

Go the pharmacy and get some Imodium, its OTC the active ingredient is a synthetic opiate that does not cross the blood brain barrier. It will help with w/d. It will not eliminate them completely but will help a lot of physical symptoms. Finally if you can get some Cannabis. It will help with some of the pain but more importantly the boredom and sleep.

Just keep cutting your dose and you will get there.

hey best of luck, user, you sound really committed and I have faith in you brother. stay strong

burn the coal pay the toll

You're wife is a worthless junkie. Taking more pain medicine is not the answer dumb fuck. She is weak.
ITT dumbasses

South jersey fag, over 50 people from my graduating class died from of overdoses

Blacks simply accepted degeneracy. Now single motherhood, welfare leeching, and drug use are accepted and widespread.

Got a hip replacement 7 days ago. Tylenol only. Doc gave me OxyContin but I did not take it. Might sell it.

I grew up in a town of about the same size, and pills are huge in that town. I'm willing to wager, that most small towns do in fact have a drug problem. Hell, the next town over had someone try to start up a meth lab (and subsequently blew up a house).

You can't really combat it unless you are really good at persuading your friends to do better for themselves. Everyone else might as well be a lost cause.

Or, if your town has the same issue my town had, which is a doctor that was very liberal with the prescription pad, think about getting rid of them, and replacing someone with ethics. Won't fix things right away, but it might be a start.

You are 100% correct. There was a time where I had maybe 10 Xanax pills on me for some reason, and I noticed right away that when I would take my morning heroin dose to keep the sickness away, if I were to play with some Xanax pills I wouldn't obsess about getting more heroin or count down the hours before I could get my next fix. The Xanax calmed down my extreme psychologically addictive urges long enough form me to chill and I would sometimes get my next does even a few hours after my typical schedule because I was so chill I forgot about getting heroin again.

I'm not saying anyone here should replace a very addictive substance like heroin with another addictive substance like Xanax. What I'm saying is that you hit the nail right on the head - boredom is what makes a person pick up heroin several times a day even though they could probably go without it longer before getting sick.

I've been trying a few things to keep my mind occupied after taking my barely minimum 40 dollar snorted dose in the morning so that I can remain psychologically calm until the next time I need to pick up.

You sound like you know what you're talking about for sure man. Thanks for your post.

kekel muh shekels

Sorry I meant to point at you and not at my original post. Giving you credit for your good insight my man. Boredom is an addict's worst enemy.

(((They))) have decided to attack whites with pills. Just how the government attacked the nignogs with crack decades before.

Dont be dumb, dont use that shit.

When the war is over we really should build a memorial to all the people destroyed by Jewish tricks and lies.

Where the hell can I get German speaking garden hose?

Asking for a friend.

Not to trivialize a heroine addiction, but it's the same story for most substances. Even weed. Boredom is your enemy when you're trying to kick a habit.

>This is a problem that HOPEFULLY Trump and Nationalism can fix.
lol Trump is a corporatist; he won't fix it.

>when the war is over

kek, user this war has been raging for thousands of years. it will never be over

My sides are now beyond orbit. They've gone into the 9th dimension

I can't stress enough how much cannabis helped me get over my last addiction to fentanyl. My tolerance was crazy, a few mg every hour. Once I got the dose small enough to stop the pot kept me sane and kept me from getting more.

At that point it was easy to stop smoking pot. I know its bad to replace one drug with another but one is far more dangerous then another.

It's a manifestation of the spiritual rot spreading throughout the collective American psyche. You can't really fight it. It has to run its course. What can one man do against the forces of international Jewry?

This right here.

Some people have less pain tolerance than others.

Some don't get better with surgery.

Chronic overuse of NSAID will fuck up your kidneys. Chronic opiate use will inevitably cause dependence and usually opiate abuse.

The real solution is to fund scientists and pharmacology companies to find a new pain medication that does not cause the dependency and the potentially fatal overdose issue.

We use Ketamine quite regularly in the ER for pain management during fracture reduction and dislocation reduction procedures as well as for sedating patients prior to intubation.

I would rather give people ketamine at this point that hook them on oxy or dilaudid senpai.

Just my 2cents. ER user

How do you get herniated discs? I'm asking because I would love to begin whatever behavioral changes are necessary so that I can avoid such pain in the future. I do not want to go through something like that if I can prevent it.
Thank you.

Most common cause is obesity.

Other common causes are trauma, poor alignment of the vertebra because of body position. Increasing age. Genetic disposition.

Most mildly bulging discs will cause compression of nerves coming out around that vertebra and send shooting pains along the path of that nerve.

This can resolve itself with time and minimal medication.

Sometimes the bulging and compression are permanent and surgical intervention is attempted to fix the problem.

Sometimes it helps, sometimes not.

If a chronically bulging disc pushes inward directly on the Lower spinal cord you can have pain to both legs, weakness, numbness, tingling, even loss of bowel and bladder control, and rarely paralysis.

you should google 'opiod epidemic'. Americans have been having a huge problem with pain killers, especially prescription pain killers.

>losing weight will fix a displaced piece of your spine.

user I don't think you went to medical school.

DEA made it a schedule 1 drug like cocaine and weed.

MENTAL HEALTH IS KEY
IF WE HAD MORE INFORMATION, ACCESS TO EFFECTIVE CARE, AND LESS STIGMA SO MANY PROBLEMS INCL THE DRUG PROBLEM WOULD BE GONE
MENTALLY HEALTHY PEOPLE ARE OFFERED HEROIN AND SAY NO
MENTALLY HELATHY PEOPLE ARE OFFERED AN OD DOSE OF OXY AND SAY NO
CARE ABOUT PEOPLE SO THEY WON'T USE IN THE FIRST PLACE. PROHIBITION DOES NOT WORK AND NEVER WILL

False, the people fought and won against it.

T. Kratom user.

It works way better for my injury than what the dr can give

The idea that only low IQ retards get addicted to drugs is incredibly naïve. Many highly intelligent people have succumbed to drugs.

lol at white people experiencing what black people have the last 30 years

White people trust their doctors not to fuck them over. They trust that an opiod prescription won't cause a problem, because it was given to them by a doctor. Their trust is often revealed to be misplaced.

Blacks people, by contrast, buy crack from their local drug dealer.

See the difference? In one case a person is screwed over after seeking pain relief through legal channels. In the other case, a monkey likes the way something feels and wants more of it.

kys
im sure op's 22 yr old friend was just another tragic victim of being prescribed opiates by a dr. :'((
and i'm sure no black people have ever been addicted to opiates thru a doctor's prescription

Yep, addiction doesn't care how intelligent you are. If anything, intelligent people may have even more easier time rationalizing their use and deceiving themselves than average people.

WHY IS THEIR MENTAL HEALTH POOR?

IS IT BECAUSE THEIR ENTIRE SOCIETY IS COLLAPSING AROUND THEM?

MAYBE BECAUSE THEY CAN'T FIND A JOB BECAUSE GLOBALISTS LIKE OBAMA HAVE DESTROYED THEIR INDUSTRY WITH EPA OVERREGULATION

COULD IT BE BECAUSE THE CIA IS DUMPING MILLIONS OF PILLS INTO THESE AREAS

>Anyone have any experience with this?

here in new england our "drug epidemic" is literally just NY and NJ's niggers coming up here on parole to sell to welfare queens

every time we catch a dealer it's some black dude from out of state who just got out of prison, and maybe a crack whore with him