Price of food in America

>price of food in America

Inb4 "hurr hurr it organic"

>Sup Forums thinks it's ok for Jews to sell us poisoned food pumped full of hormones and chemicals

>vegetarian diet

>chicken

Dude, it's 80 bucks because do you know how fucking hard it is to get birds to be that big without any protein?

BIRDS EAT BUGS, MAN.

The only redpilled meat is canned fish

this shit thread again

>be poorfag
>get food stamps
>because I pay my own rent I only qualify for $100/month

Even that ultimate poorfag "eat for $30 a week but it's so crappy an El Salvadorean hobo would turn up his nose at it" meal plan is $20 out of my price range.

So don't buy a fucking 14 pound turkey at Whole Foods.

>$80.00

lmfao you must live in some shithole with no connections to society then

For 30 euro i eat great in germany. A while frozen duck is jusz 6 euro for example. You guys need aldi

organic meat is pretty good though tbqh. just not the ones you get from walmart or other supermarkets. butcher shops and buying half/whole cow from farms are wayyyy better.

we have aldi, its honestly one of the best stores period. the only place where cheap prices doesn't give you complete garbage products.

When you start paying $9 for cauliflower then you can complain

They have Walmart and stuff is cheap as dirt. Not cheaper than aldi though

We have Walmart which is owned by the same company.

Not all food is that bad I guess, you can get 2 pound pork tenderloins for like 8 bucks and eat pretty good for a few days.

On the other hand, a frozen DiGiorno's pizza costs $8, which is obscene when I can get a fresh pizza at Little Caesar's for $5.

I bet your government is subsidizing food production even more than ours does, given that Europe sometimes does a halfway decent job of protecting its citizens.

>organic food
It fails to amaze me how on earth people still fall for this snake oil bullshit.
>hurr durr da jews
80 of the organic market is some sort of branch of another bigger corporation.

All of their poisoned kike food is nice and cheap while the stuff that's actually okay to eat is kept expensive to keep us from affording it. They want to keep us dumb, passive and easy to control.

There are so many different aspects of food to consider, it's a little intimidating. For example I've recently decided to cut out "natural flavors" because they're created using aborted fetal cells. Turns out natural flavors are in EVERY THING. Have fun trying to find anything without natural flavors in it, I've already said goodbye to all of my favorite foods and I spend $8 on things like a tub of mayo when I used to just by the cheap store brand bottle for $1.5.

>eating meat from wal-mart
yall gunna die!

A lot of the organic/healthy food companies are just as bad but if you actually look for things with the most simple, few ingredients on their labels, more often than not those are going to be organic products.

This happened here with Safeway.

It turns out all mushrooms were already grown "organically" so they relabelled white mushroom as organic and jacked up the price by $2 a pound. You can't even find non-"organic" mushrooms there anymore.

I don't know much about food can someone explain to me how a turkey is vegetarian?

Niggers here have never bought Prosciutto de Parma or a whole beef tenderloin.

>getting bird to XBOX hueg status with veg diet
>heavy bird
>surprised at gay price

k.

They don't feed it meat.

You'd be surprised how many things are chemicals

kept in a cage and force fed "organic vegetarian feed"

free run food is the based, organic is bs

Why does it matter whether your food was a vegetarian or not? How can they claim it was humanely raised if they gave it some weird fucked up diet? Maybe these are questions with no real answers.

i just went food shopping. spent $215. got a 20 pound honey glazed ham for $20. got tons of chicken, tons of fresh fruits and veggies, a few kinds of cheese (mozz, locatelli, etc.), some desert stuff, all sorts of shit. a couple 12 packs of craft beer too. this was in new york too.

food prices are fucking great if you aren't buying processed shit.

buzz words to charge more.. and people buy it

We're getting that way over here too. Meat is getting real watering when you cook it because they must be feeding the animals some funny shit.

It says free range so unless they're lying it wasn't left in a cage.

I'm not sure, perhaps it's healthier for the bird and results in a tastier meal. I'm not sure.

That's not really that great. Buying processed shit is actually a lot cheaper, buying healthier is difficult to afford.

they can also pump water into the meat, to make it weigh more

>young turk

sorry I didnt look that close, but free range is still a controlled environment.. not a cage. but the floor in a factory room.

What did they mean by this?

Does it kill Armenians?

We have aldi, you wurstnigger

>That's not really that great. Buying processed shit is actually a lot cheaper, buying healthier is difficult to afford.

How?

>rice
>potatoes
>carrots
>eggs
>meat every now and then
>butter
>milk
>frozen veggies

All of these are dirt cheap everywhere and completely healthy. Just eat the basic stuff humans have always eaten.

Well that Turkey was raised on a farm owned by (((pic related))) so I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

Still, animals raised in an authentically free range way are undeniably going to be the healthiest and the tastiest.

It's not that simple. For one thing, meat every now and then is not healthy. None of that will be enough food to keep you healthy and well-fed unless you can buy huge quantities of it which just costs a lot anyways.

Sure you can live and feel fine, but you're not actually going to be healthy.

Oops, forgot my picture.

>>Sup Forums thinks it's ok for Jews to sell us poisoned food pumped full of hormones and chemicals
Its FDA approved ain't it?

Now go show down on some GMO fed pink slime burger full of hormones and antibiotics, goy

this is the dumbest shit i've ever read.

What more would you require? Diet is important but it's not THAT important as long as you're not eating processed shit.

There are villages in china where people barely eat anything else than potatoes & other tubers and often live to one hundred. Genetics of course matter here too, but is it reasonable to asssume that it would be a commonplace to live to hundred with an unhealthy diet?

Besides, what is your definition of healthy if not living and feeling fine?

How? Explain, don't just talk about your feelings like a tumblr girl.

>Eating a lot costs a lot
Wew, you don't say

>Potatoes, eggs, rice, veggies
>Not enough to become well-fed
You must be joking, nigger

Imagine all the Publix chicken tender subs you can buy for that.

>It's not that simple.
It is
>For one thing, meat every now and then is not healthy.
That is exactly what it is.
>None of that will be enough food to keep you healthy and well-fed unless you can buy huge quantities of it which just costs a lot anyways.
Are you retarded? Buying in bulk will save you money.

>That's not really that great. Buying processed shit is actually a lot cheaper, buying healthier is difficult to afford.
>Buying processed shit is actually a lot cheaper
Oh, so you are retarded.

80 dollars for what is supposedly a premium 16 pound organic farm raised college educated humanely treated undoctored turkey isn't that big of a deal.

you can also pay 25 dollars for a license and go shoot a wild turkey with a .75 cent shotshell, too. but you're too lazy to do that.

Simple foods and exercise. you will go through withdraws from your shitty fast food burgers, but trust me its way healthier and cheaper to buy veg and shit and cook food at home like a grown up. Go to the farmers market , learn to enjoy food.

Well here is a good example, I have two sons under 5 years old. Both are above average height- when you go to the pediatrician they give you these graphs showing where your child is compared to others in things like height, weight and BMI. My sons were born in about the 90th percentile for their height. In times where I can afford to feed them well, you see their height stay at this level and in times where I've gone through financial hardships and had to eat basically exactly as you described, but with more meat, their height dropped into the 60th and 50th percentile. You can't thrive without a very healthy, full diet.

My husband is the same way, he is 6' 3'', 200 lbs. and extremely skinny and emaciated because we can't afford to feed him what someone of his size needs. He needs something like 3200 calories a day, 200 grams of protein, something like 15-20 pounds worth of veggies a week, etc. It's impossible to feed him all of that, we just can't afford it.

>not eating pesticides that cause cancer and premature death = snake oil
you are retarded
not true at all i can think of only one ingredient that some organic food products use that should not be in organic food
>natural flavors

Okay, prove it, prove that only some meat every now and then is healthy, because I'd love to hear it- my husband won't eat a meal that doesn't include meat.

Maybe it has to do with where I live. I've started trying to eat as healthily as possible relatively recently and it's been way harder to afford food since then. When we used to buy crap like frozen burritos and chicken nuggets, bags of chips and crackers, instant mashed potatoes, canned soup, pasta/rice box mixes, etc, at least we could afford to have lunches and sides and things to make our stomachs feel full. Nowadays we eat ham sandwiches and a small bit of fruit, or sometimes homemade bean and cheese burritos, for lunch every day because anything else is too expensive.

that is tough, I eat alot of bean, lentils and chickpeas also. helps supplement protein if Im not eating loads of meat. tasty too

>organic raised college educated humanely treated undoctored Turkey

Kek

Yeah that's actually exactly what I was thinking about, for example the Annie's Homegrown brand proudly labels all of their products as free of artificial flavors because they just put natural flavors in everything!

But in my experience so far, most of the products I find with simple ingredients and NO natural flavors happen to be organic. I don't purposefully buy organic it's just ended up that way. For example, broth. I couldn't find a single brand that didn't have natural flavors in it out of tons of brands, even the really expensive fancy ones, the organic ones, etc. The only one that I could find without anything bad was Safeway's "O Organics" brand. These are the ingredients: Organic Chicken Stock from Concentrate, Organic Chicken Flavor, Organic Evaporated Cane Juice, Organic Vegetable Stock (Organic Carrot, Organic Onion, Organic Celery, Sea Salt), Yeast Extract, Salt, Organic Turmeric.

I buy those ham bones, boil them and scrape as much off as I can, and then use that to make a big pot of rice and beans with onions and cabbage and stuff like that, save portions of it and my husband has small bowls as a snack after work to add to his protein and calories throughout the day.

Potatos $15 a month
Beans $15 a month
Cheese $15 a month
Chicken $30 a month
Orange juice with calcium $10 a month
Kale $10 a month
Condiments $5 a month
This is literally what I do, and these things I just listed provide every vitamin and source of nutrition a human needs, by large margins. If you want to be really thrifty, get rid of the chicken and just eat more beans.

No one needs 200 grams of protein to maintain muscle. Your husbands problems are more likely linked to poor hormone & endocrine system function than lack of calories. A well functioning and healthy body doesn't become lanky unless under extreme starvation and no physical activity. You could easily increase his calorie intake with just eggs and milk alone, both of which are dirt cheap. Not to mention butter, potatoes, white rice and other stuff I mentioned earlier. Nuts have excellent energy/cost ratio too but due to their high antinutrient content they're not that healthy in large quantities unless soaked and sprouted.

Diet will affect the height of children yes, but barely at all unless they live in extreme hunger. You must know that children don't grow taller in a linear fashion, but in spurts. It may be possible that their growth pattern is completely unrelated to your worries about lack of nutrition.

Never fell for the organic meme
>Pay twice the price for the same vegetable with different, equally bad for you pesticides.

>Organic chicken flavour
What the hell is that?

>with different, equally bad for you pesticides.
I don't think you understand what organic means.

... is significantly cheaper than pretty much anywhere in the first world. If you're not shopping at a Whole Foods in the middle of San Francisco, that is.

ya, i dont get how people can be so ignorant to the fact that we are being poisoned. organic food doesnt even have to cost you that much if you take a little bit of time to learn how to cook.

otherwise you are a degenerate.

I remember reading an audit report that took samples of produce from various supermarkets and there was a high percentage of organic foods that had chemical residue on them. I forget the numbers, but still. It was blamed on various reasons, like proximity to non-organic farms and a self regulating industry.. It leaves you a bit disillusioned, I but as much as I can from local producers, even if it is not "certified organic" I feel its still a better option for me.

I can't remember but I think these are the numbers he's looking at for building muscle. Right now he's completely lacking any muscle tone, his legs are covered in bruises and he's got a lot of pain in his joints. He exercises regularly but it's like he isn't eating enough to grow. I'd like to try to get him drinking more milk, but our two kids drink like three cups a day each and we have trouble affording enough- if they run out I worry about them getting enough fats, nutrients, calories, whatever. Kids pick at their food and don't eat much you know? He eats a couple of eggs at breakfast and maybe one in some ramen if he's in the mood for it but doesn't like them and can't eat many. I have to try to force him to eat more, but he's worried about the fat even though I've read that the fat is good and nothing to worry about. Still, it's only 78 calories and 6 grams of protein per egg, he'd have to eat A LOT of eggs to make that count. Butter is super expensive, but I always buy it when it's on sale and he usually eats a baked potato snack with cheese, green onion, ham and butter every day, plus we eat stir-fry for dinner most nights and he eats heaps of white rice.

Nuts are too expensive.

I know that they do, but I have watched them have crazy drops right at times where I know we're low on money and I had been worrying the whole time whether they were getting enough to eat. It's too exact to be chalked up to anything else in my opinion. I am worried they are living in extreme hunger.

FUCK I didn't even notice, probably natural flavors but I hope not! I looked it up and see Pacific Foods (another "safe" chicken broth I buy) has the same ingredient and they say that there's is a natural flavor derived from plant extracts....

>Okay, prove it, prove that only some meat every now and then is healthy, because I'd love to hear it
Are you retarded? You need proof that its not unhealthy to eat meat to every meal? Our ancestors where hunter gatherers, some days they binged on meat from a fresh kill but they survived on eating roots, berries, nuts and other shit that grows. Unless your ancestors lived around the arctic circles and only ate meat and animal fat then its most likely detrimental to your health to eat as much meat as you do now.
>my husband won't eat a meal that doesn't include meat.
Is your husband a 7 year old boy? Because it sounds like you're dealing with a child.

Eat some fucking broccoli you retarded pedophile.

>This is what a leaf actually believes

>he's looking at for building muscle
>He eats a couple of eggs at breakfast and maybe one in some ramen if he's in the mood for it but doesn't like them and can't eat many
>looking at for building muscle.
>doesn't eat his eggs
Congratulations, you married a faggot.

Leave now before he starts bringing over strangers from craigslist just so he can suck some dick.

How is turkey different from chicken anyway? We don't eat those here

Hey you don't have to be so rude dude! Chill out.

I'm not talking about surviving, I'm talking about thriving.

He is sort of like that with food, he's just to handle. He's like Goku or something. We eat a lot of broccoli, I probably have 8 2LB bags of frozen broccoli in my freezer right now.

I think he got sick once after eating some eggs and now he has a tough time enjoying them. He's the same way with avocados.

Stop asking questions goy. Are you some kind of denier?

this is why women shouldn't be allowed to vote. fucking retard. you shouldn't eat meat, especially red meat, more often than once a week.

i eat meat everyday but I don't claim it's healthy

Organic products still have pesticides in them, but the pesticides are "organic" or natural too.

There hasn't been much research into them until lately, but several studies have shown that certain pesticides are even worse than the non-organic alternatives.

also portion sizes,
better cut of quality meat and smaller portion>>>>>shit cut but huge portion.

>he got sick after eating eggs
You're supposed to cook them first.

>I think he got sick once after eating some eggs
What a fucking child, for fuck sake.
>He is sort of like that with food
Sort of what? Like a gay spoiled little kid?

Add rice and frozen veggies and this is basically me as well.

>"fresh" pizza from little caesars

>i eat meat everyday but I don't claim it's healthy
She didn't even say everyday, she said every meal.

>my husband won't eat a meal that doesn't include meat.
Like it isn't a meal if there isn't something dead in it. Absolutely fucking retarded.

A good steak on sunday and then fish, chicken and high prot vegetables on the weekdays. Maybe throw in some pork every now and then. Its the protein you need, you don't need an assload of corn fed shit meat from a tortured hormone drinking animal every single day. Deli meat is just bad for you.
>Nowadays we eat ham sandwiches

>turkey
>vegetarian
Someone has to die for this.

>"pizza" from little caesars

>farming
>jews
hahahahaha

Kek. Thats cheap AF compared to Switzerland