What happened to all our Gold?

Serious question

What happened to all the Gold, Silver and gems Spaniards stole from Latin American countries?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CTtf5s2HFkA
youtube.com/watch?v=aqqfGXrX__8
afe.easia.columbia.edu/chinawh/web/s5/s5_4.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_in_the_Bay_of_Matanzas
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_gold
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stole? Should have defended it better

Kek
Did (((they))) control the Spaniard Empire?

I thought Inquisition kicked them out

after learning the jews were behind titanic, I believe its safe to assume they got their hands on it somehow. It is gold, after all

serious answer

No idea desu, but I'm 95% sure the jews were behind it and got their hands on that gold.

went to the Vatican mostly.

Half of it went dilapidated by the lazy and incompetent Royal Family, the other half was pirated by the brits and the dutch.

Ah hah! Those kike-on-a-stick worshipers!

This, it probably ended up being given to the church.

Stole? You dumb monkeys were kicking that shit around like gravel before civilization arrived.

It's sitting in a shitload of national treasuries after a series of wars, trade deals, and piracy.

As far as gold goes there really isn't much to go around. Could fit all the pure gold in the world in a large warehouse. People hoard that stuff and there's probably plenty hidden, forgotten, sunk in the ocean ECT.

didn't the Spanish republicans give almost all the gold to the Soviet Union during the civil war?

Its in spain and portugal, melted down and formed into the tackiest church decorations you cant even imagine.

also it was the indians gold, your ancestors killed 94% of them..

That doesn't change the fact that it was stolen. If you don't defend your TV and someone takes it is that not stealing? Ancaps everyone. Point and laugh.

To bad 94% isn't 100

this.

youtube.com/watch?v=CTtf5s2HFkA

>jews were behind titanic
source?

Most of it honestly was given away to kike bankers to fund Spain's endless European wars.

>mfw his ancestors are the ones that genocided people and I get the blame for it

Some sank, some went to the church, some was stolen by pirates and most was horribly managed by the royal family.

They stole it just like they stole our crystals. We'll never see it again.

mexiniggers are weak so they took it and made into something just to piss the rest of the mexiniggers off....because they could.

all spent or melted down and made into stuff

I know actually...

It's a classic tale actually, laundering that much gold takes some collaboration and a lot of time.

We had to pay crazy interests to Mr Goldberg for War on Flanders.

Was Titanic sunk by a iceberg? Or was it really Goldberg?

It was sent to Israel.

If I ever become super wealthy, I unironically want a money pit.

>yfw all of the jew gold was actually stolen aztek gold

youtube.com/watch?v=aqqfGXrX__8

oh man

It ended up in China, believe it or not
afe.easia.columbia.edu/chinawh/web/s5/s5_4.html

Oy vey, dont ask question goyim, have a taco instead

Sold to the arabs
We can buy this gold at vending machines..thats no joke

It was more of a state taxation for civilizing those people.

Is taxation stealing? Ancaps everyone. Point and laugh.

100% serious answer. Look this up yourself.

The Republicans gave the remaining hoard of the Spanish Empire's gold to Stalin during the Spanish civil war for weapons, supplies etc.

The Communist Party later gave control of the gold reserves and foreign currency to the KGB to safeguard on their behalf and use for their purposes in foreign trade and intelligence operations

When the Communist Party ceased to exist, the KGB still controlled this vast wealth and hid it abroad in secret accounts instead of turning it over to the Russian government.

Yeltsin actually hired some of the world's best financial investigators to find it, estimated to be worth over $100 billion, but they never did.

Most likely the remnants of the KGB faction which lead the failed coup in 1991 had control of it and used it to plot their return to power under Putin and build up the infrastructure for what became the United Russia party

we still have a fuckton of temples left to uncover around the temple of the sun and literally like 4 cities in yucatan, under dense jungle

>What happened to all the Gold, Silver and gems

This

HIJ
HEEFT GEWONNEN
DE ZILVERVLOOT!!!!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_in_the_Bay_of_Matanzas

Beyond the obvious jews took the gold answer, I'd say computer boards and other electronic goods requiring long-lasting circuitry. I would bet that much of the raw gold was turned into either that or remade into jewelry.

Altogether, Hein captured 11,509,524 guilders of booty in gold, silver and expensive trade goods, such as indigo and cochineal, without any bloodshed.

>He was the first and last to capture such a large part of a Spanish "silver fleet" from the Americas, these fleets being very well-protected

Let me just tell you, this is the deepest rabbit hole of all of them.

Fiction is much more believable than the reality.

The historical answer is not the Jews. Spain expelled all the Jews in 1492.

The actual answer is that the Spanish spent most of it on British products. The Spanish Empire was based around extracting gold and silver. It was the British who actually had industry and produced the tools, textiles, and fine crafts at cheaper prices than anyone else in the world. The Spanish had no concept of long term economic development and figured they could get whatever they wanted simply by digging rocks out of the ground and spending it on shit.

Check out the fabulous excesses of silver mining towns in the New World like Potosi in Bolivia.

If you're truly interested in this sort of thing, try reading "Las Venas Abiertas de América Latina" - Eduardo Galeano, "1493" - Charles Mann, or "The Origins of Political Order" - Francis Fukuyama

Hey Mr. Follow the gold, since apparently you've already followed it, where the fuck is it?

We didn't steal shit. You were not using it and it was underground. It's like picking fruits or potatoes.

I don't know if most, or how much, but those bastards were charging for the aid they supplied

>the remaining hoard of the Spanish Empire's gold
which could have been like 1% of the total by then

The flow of Spanish treasure[edit]

A silver 8-Reales (Peso) coin minted in México (1621-65).
Walton[36] gives the following figures in pesos. For the 300-year period the peso or piece of eight had about 25 grams of silver, about the same as the German thaler, Dutch rijksdaalder or the US silver dollar. A single galleon might carry 2 million pesos. The modern approximate value of the estimated 4 billion pesos produced during the period would come to $527,270,000,000 or €469,839,661,964 (based on silver bullion prices of May 2015). Of the 4 billion pesos produced, 2.5 billion was shipped to Europe, of which 500 million was shipped around Africa to Asia. Of the remaining 1.5 billion 650 million went directly to Asia from Acapulco and 850 million remained in the Western Hemisphere. Little of the wealth stayed in Spain. Of the 11 million arriving in 1590, 2 million went to France for imports, 6 million to Italy for imports and military expenses, of which 2.5 went up the Spanish road to the Low Countries and 1 million to the Ottoman Empire. 1.5 million was shipped from Portugal to Asia. Of the 2 million pesos reaching the Dutch Republic in that year, 75% went to the Baltic for naval stores and 25% went to Asia. The income of the Spanish crown from all sources was about 2.5 million pesos in 1550, 14 million in the 1590s, about 15 million in 1760 and 30 million in 1780. In 1665 the debts of the Spanish crown were 30 million pesos short-term and 300 million long-term. Most of the New World production was silver but Colombia produced mostly gold. After about 1730 Brazil began producing gold

It all ended up in India and China, and wherever money goes when it is wasted on stupid wars.

The idiot Spaniards literally wasted their hard-won gold on Luxuries from the east, including 'fine silks' and 'rare porcelein china'

and wars with england.

poor investment

Nobody is gonna read that turd.
{template} It lacks the minimum formatting to be considered acceptable in Sup Forums {/template}

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's gone.

Funded wars

it was under the world Trade Center building 7. after 911 it was all gone, no one knows where the gold went

What happened to Ukrainian gold?

Spaniards used it to destroy their own economy by buying foreign goods. By the end of their empire, they defaulted four times on their loans and became the poor men of western Europe to this day.

USA is on the same trajectory. Trump isn't changing shit unless he changes monetary policy radically.

Gee wiz
I wish I knew

One mustached guy took it when Spain was suffering from civil war :^)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_gold

I wouldn't know of any gold anywhere

> our gold
> our

Get a load of that immigrant claiming the riches of natives!

>Jesus was a poor carpenter
>His temples and priests must be encrusted with gold and gems

Seems a bit strange, tbqh.

much appreciated

It´s stored (((safely)))

I know, our priests and temples are as opulent as yours. Really, the Scandies had the right idea about worshipping Jesus.

Simple, aesthetic, wooden.

None of your fucking business bean-man since you were too weak to keep it to yourself and got BTFO by the faggy European manlets

The republic spent 75% of what the treasury had in the civil war.
It went to the MIC, the soviet MIC.

Lmao so they spend it all on contemporary shit.

Stay retarted.

Yeah, I guess there had to be a Finn here who didn't opt for the easy option Gå knulla en fisk och ta livet av dig.

>contemporary
year 1665
calls me retarded