In California, driving under the influence of caffeine is illegal

In California, driving under the influence of caffeine is illegal.

theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/24/california-dui-caffeine-lawsuit-solano-county

I highly doubt that's why he was charged. He was probably being a fucking asshole.

This will be dropped, it's a non-story.

>Pulled over
>Breathes 0.0 on a breathalyzer
>Still has to get blood drawn
>Charged with driving under the influence of a drug, although caffeine is the only drug found in his system
>"He was probably being a fucking asshole"

What

this desu
sounds like something a cop would stick on you for being a massive cunt
caffeine IS technically a drug but it doesn't impair your driving ability

The article is one sided, you only hear from his defense attorney and him. He was probably yelling "AM I BEING DETAINED" or claiming he's a sovereign citizen or something stupid. Cops don't waste time filling out paperwork over nothing unless you piss them off a great deal.

Alright:

>withholding evidence
>malicious prosecution
>harassing a sober driver
>vendetta for being cut off

Pick one.

I never said the cop wasn't also an asshole. I just said this is a non-story because it will 100% be dropped.

It's just a waste of time to post stupid shit like this here. Post it when he gets found guilty. Until this, it's basically click bait, and you should be ashamed that you're helping drive traffic to it.

Pretty much, moral of this lesson is don't piss off cops unless you can afford expensive Jew lawyers.

>cut HER off
>female officer
Well there ya go

The guy was obviously very intoxicated on something and could barely drive, probably research chemicals.

Cops knew he was high on something which is why they kept testing him and jailed him even after a negative blood test.

>The guy was obviously very intoxicated on something and could barely drive, probably research chemicals.

RESEARCH CHEMICALS? Just kill yourself, bootlicker. Fucking research chemicals is your go-to response when they can't find anything on this guy and "could barely drive"?

I live in Solano county, first I heard of this.

Gee I didn't realize being an asshole was an arrestable offense these days.

Officers think they're kings that can get away with anything. Once, I didn't let a cop merge cause it simply wasn't their turn to merge, and the fucker followed me for 4 miles, multiple turns included, probably ran my plates and everything he could to find a reason to pull me over.

>could barely drive

Ever considered maybe he's Asian?

>He was probably being a fucking asshole.

OH I SEE, IT WAS PERFECTLY JUST THEN

YOU PIECE OF SHIT

to all you faggots taking the cops side, cops do this a lot. i got pulled over once with a small amount of weed and had to pay a fine. about a year later the same cop pulled me over and asked if i was under the influence. i told him no but i have an ativan prescription i take twice daily and i had taken one an hour and a half ago. he decided to be an asshole and give me a dui which got dropped. cops will be assholes for no reason sometimes.

lol are you an idiot? do you know what research chemicals can mean? it could literally just mean untested off brand drugs (that might not show up on tests) some faggot could get off the net. seriously you guys are retarded. they're obviously under the suspicion that hes on a drug that isnt normally tested for. you're all just as bad as niggers

He could have been on those nsaids. Pretty dangerous stuff mate. You never know.

>Suspicion=evidence=probable cause

Fucking bootlickers....

Lond of the free! Hey? What is next, will sugar be banned? Fat? Demolition Man Society when?

Then I must break the law everyday, and so does everyone else...

>assholes for no reason
>"to all you faggots taking the cops side"

no you were being a cunt

Regardless of if you agree or not, it is an officers decision when and what charges to put on people. If you wanna be a huge shithead to cops prepare youre anus for justice.

DUI laws are Orwellian. It's all based on the assumption that something "could" happen. It isn't a crime until there is a victim.

How fucking stupid are you? Do you not know how many untested chemicals are in the drug market right now?

Literally hundreds of different variations on amphetamines, thc, and not to mention lsd. None of which have a reliable way for cops to test for.

Stop being willfully ignorant.

>Texting and driving isnt dangerous until someone gets into an accident.

You are retarded and need to kysmm

This is why no one takes libertarians seriously. Choosing to do something that actively endangers other people is bad and worth some form of punishment.

Oh shit Fairfield here waddup

Well then until there's an accident and a victim no crime has been committed. Meanwhile texting and distracted drives are getting away with murder.

All these 'laws' are fake laws. Disregard them.

Yes, it is dangerous and people shouldn't do it but until such a time as a victim is created by that negligence there is no crime.

No dumbass just dont get caught. And dont be a little faggot about it when you do finally grt caught, and you will because you are dumb,

^pig detected

>if i get a baseball bat and stand outside the house of someone i dislike it's totally okay
>no you can't arrest me, i haven't done anything yet, you'll have to wait until i start beating the cunt up
>reee i'm a sovereign citizen

people like you are the exact reason we give so much leniency to cops.

>Go into back with a gun
>threaten everyone to give me their money
>They don't, police show up to arrest me
>"lol officer you can't because I didn't hurt anyone or take any money so no crime was committed".

*bank

I'm NatSoc not libertarian. Promoting Orwellian Jewish laws is dangerous and deserves punishment. I'll take a couple drunk drivers over jackbooted thugs following the orders of a deranged nanny state. Everything was all good until Mother's Against Drunk Drivers came along.
Also domestic violence laws are bullshit. Assault is assault. Protip-The cunt was asking for it.

Putting other peoples safety and lives at risk for literally nothing is negligence and it is illegal. Maybe you should kysmm.

You are saying anything goes until something bad happens and that is stupid stupid stupid.

>lol no crime no time amirite guyz?!
>I can totally drive a 1 ton 55000 dollar machine at 50mph under the influence

You really need to kill yourself before you hurt someone.

oy vey it's a starbucks shoah
what am I supposed to spend 40 dollars of mummy's money on in the morning now
I can't buy my double frappucappu animal style spaghettinchi with 2 sugar cubes anymore

this is great news. put public pressure on the DA to press charges.

now we have legal precedent to strip police of their badges for DUI's while on the night shift, leaving the donut shop, heading out in the morning, etc.

if the courts view caffeine as a drug, then you can peg anyone drinking coffee including police themselves

also california is retarded

I don't drink and drive or even drink, I lost my taste for booze as I got older. I'm calling bullshit on these laws. No victim=no crime. Or?

>Sharon Henry, chief deputy district attorney for Solano County, said in a statement that her office was “conducting further investigation in this matter”.
>“The charge of driving under the influence is not based upon the presence of caffeine in his system,” she added.

Yeah but no

Completely different scenario. Threatening people with a weapon is a crime, there is clearly a victim.

>threatening people is a crime

Oh so you believe in Thoughtcrime now? In what way have you "suffered" and are you a "victim"?

in most of america, when suspected of DUI, drivers are pulled out of the car by cops and made to run certain tests like walking in a straight line, standing on one foot while touching your nose, etc.

plenty of uncoordinated people with zero intoxication fail these voodoo tests

No, it's smart. If you are drunk and cause an accident then ok, to jail. But until a victim is created then there is no crime.

alternatively, they can consent to a breath analyzer which this person clearly didn't causing him to be arrested

I drive drunk all the time, unless you suck at driving there's no problem

Lol you must be jewish with that stupid argument. Pointing a gun or other weapon at a person is different than saying mean things to them...like your mother is ugly and dresses you funny.

>get fucking smashed
>get into jet
>start flying in circles over NYC with it
>be singing prince songs over the ATC radio
>people get concerned that you might crash it
>LALALALALA NOPE NO CRIME HAS BEEN COMMITTED WAAAAAAHOOOOOOOO

ok

make sure to steer into an inanimate object so you kill yourself instead of someone else

How about stop creating victims in the fucking first place?! You're admitting that this practice creates victims, how can you continue to defend it?!

Literal doublethink.

Threatening someone with gun and driving drunk both threaten bodily harm to people even if it hasn't happened yet. Why do you think one is a crime and the other is not?

where do you see that? story specifically says he blew 0.0% on the breathlyzer

>The 36-year-old union glazier was given a breathalyzer test which showed a 0.00% blood alcohol level

Yep. And it's cunts like you who spoil all the fun. Oh, and I've flown a plane while tripping balls on acid. It was like I was flyinggggggg

Sorry too good at driving for that to ever happen :(

15 years and I've never so much as gotten pulled over let alone an accident

Why does anyone live in California

>“It’s really stupid,” said Jeffrey Zehnder, a forensic toxicologist who frequently testifies in court cases. Over 41 years, Zehnder said, he had never seen a prosecution for driving under the influence of caffeine.

california is stupid

>Regardless of if you agree or not, it is an officers decision when and what charges to put on people. If you wanna be a huge shithead to cops prepare youre anus for justice.
>justice

Beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name. That is using authority to gain power over people you don't like, how could that ever be a definition of justice?

It creates victims by creating criminals out of regular working people coming home from the bar after a drink etc. It's a big racket for lining the pockets of local juristictions and its associated cottage industry. You faggots literally need to go fuck off somewhere else. Drunk driving laws are a violation of my rights.

well fuck im making some coffee those are some nice cups of coffee

Free house

Your rights end where public safety begins.

Nope. The rights of the individual are greater than the rights of the mob. You have it backwards.

I bet you agree with 'hate speech' laws also? Because jews might not be safe if people talk facts about them?

>spoil all the fun
okay look i understand the libertarian view on things, but that's going overboard into edgy teen territory.

yeah and the individual has the right to not get run over by you, you dumb fuck.

Your the one who said threatening speech is against the law, why are you changing your tune now?

>cop always administers justice
nope
cops enforce the laws, judges administer justice
this cop is gonna be on desk duty for sure, probably will never see the inside of a squad car ever again

They can stay the fuck out of the road and stop jaywalking if they don't want to get hit. I've got places to go and people to see.

> all these edgy 16 year old libertarians defending drunk driving

Wew lad

an innocent person has the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness
that right is violated when someone plows into his car and paralyzes him for life

I said no such thing. You lack reading comprehension. You know I have you over a barrel here.

You reject the 1st amendment because somebody's feelings may be hurt, right?>

you stupid, stupid fuck

you will let women drive but if Earl had a long day at the fucking yard and wants to have a couple bourbons before he goes home to put up with his bitch of a wife you want to pull him over.

probably 90% of the people who drive cars and drink alcohol have done both in amounts that would be considered illegal, less than 1% of those people end up hurting anyone.

>jailed for contempt of cop

less than surprised

Libertarians are why I support cops.

>I said no such thing.
>Threatening people with a weapon is a crime

As the Virgin Mary said, come again?

Yes, and whether the driver was drinking or not isn't a factor. The reason for the DUI laws is because people were using it as a legal defence.

Confirmed for Jew. You know what I mean.

Now telling the truth about Jews and Niggers should be hate speech in your world, right?

>a leaf

>caffeine IS technically a drug but it doesn't impair your driving ability

you could take a shitload of it orally and be unable to stand though

ergotimine is what they use to make LSD also

So because I've proved you wrong all you want to do is hurl insults and slurs.

I accept your apology.

drunk driving wasn't even a fucking thing until the 70s when uppity fucking feminists with nothing better to do decided that MADD was going to be a new megaphone for womens issues. i can and have driven wasted many times and nobody has gotten hurt because if i am able to walk and talk at the same time, i am able to be under the influence of alcohol and drive at the same time. meanwhile some dumbass poo in the loo or paki will crash their cab into a parked car and we'll look the other way because they're from a third world shithole... absolutely ridiculous

>the guardian

Why do you guys read that shit and come here expecting people to give a fuck about some contrived story that was probably made up to begin with.

>the american education system's finest critical thinker

I can see it. One time, my wife, who has never ever in her entire life, ever, had coffee... she drank coffee. She needed to study for some class and the night was growing deep, so I said let's go to Denny's and get a coffee. You've never had one of those. So we did.

Then she left the parking lot and immediately ran a red light and nearly crashed into cross traffic.

Silly Commiefornia.

Legalizes recreational weed, yet hands out DUIs for caffeine.

>he was charged for some completely frivolous non-offense, but i'm a bootlicker so I'll automatically side with the cop and say he had it coming.

This is why cops act like such assholes and think they can get away with anything. Most cops are just manlets on a power trip

>t. brother of a cop

Proved wrong? Now you are making things up out of whole cloth.

Yes or no-Do you support hate speech laws because of what could happen?

Also, an illegal alien female struck and killed a friend of mine last year. Why was she on the road? I did some research and illegal aliens are killing loads of people on the roads and elsewhere. Should the politicians who let them in be arrested for negligent homicide? I believe so.

Also, you are not aruing with a teenager. I'm probably old enough to be your father Luke.

>Commiefornia

(((california)))

they are like turbo-leafs, with money

Time to sell stocks of starbucks

oh look yet more police extortion, and more statist bootlickers defending it.

You stated clearly and unequivocally that you believe not only in laws to restrict speech and expression but also support thoughtcrimes. So we're done here.

>can drive under the influence of prescribed pharmaceuticals, even though they can significantly affect cognition, depending on the medication
>no arrests

>drive under the influence of caffeine
>gets arrested
>gets shot

Everytime you get into a car and drive you could crash and hurt somebody because humans aren't perfect. It's time to make human drivers illegal and have robotic cars only. So there.

Also, eating with anything other than a spork should be illegal.

You can get a DUI while on prescription drugs.

Oh bullshit you dumb bunny.

The government has gone too far. Police are corrupt as fuck.

And again you have no answer except to insult. Try again when you grow up and get an education.

How long before police stake out starbucks drive thru's to ticket everyone after they take a few sips?