WTF America?

Why is the nearest grocery store 30 minutes away from the Suburbs in car?

I don't get it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q1ZeXnmDZMQ
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=410606996
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You have to go back paco.

You can afford to buy food in Mexico?

America was built for cars

Stay in Mexico.

That way, you won't ever need to.

I made this question with good will stop getting butthurt faggots

because america is very spacious and was designed around the car unlike condensed european cities which were designed around people walking and using handcarts

wish I lived in an area where I could walk everywhere, but on the other hand I like having a yard and driveway and garage

You guys have your share of shitty burbs too.

it's designed that way to induce a reliance on buying cars from the population, as well as making them spend more on petrol to do their everyday travelling

Because chains here killed all fo the small stores.
Walmart killed an entire part of my city, the downtown use to be a thriving market area, now its just government buildings and banks, there are dozens of huge buildings that just sit empty now.

>Why is the nearest grocery store 30 minutes away from the Suburbs in car?
Are this real? Are there no groceries and diners in suburbs at all?

American Whites love to live far away from everyone and to drive everywhere because they are scared of colored people. Such pussies really.

To be beholden to Big Oil.

Well its normal reaction around wild animals.

>identical homes
>manicured lawns
>symmetrical streets

why does this give me a boner

IF YOU SUPPORT ISRAEL YOU SUPPORT THE ROTHSCHILD"s

wut? i live in the suburbs and i can walk to a grocery store

Every suburb I've lived in has a grocery store less than 5 minutes away

no fences and tons of grass to mow. Sounds like heaven to you.

HEB is less than two minutes from my home. Randall's and Kroger are both like 10 minutes away

I don't know where you heard that at. Of all the places I've lived, the grocery store is always within walking distance.

The streets right next to the residential neighborhood like you have pictured is PRIME FUCKING REAL ESTATE. So there is ALWAYS AT LEAST ONE grocery store sitting literally right next to neighborhoods like that. It's good business.

HAHAHAHAHA

5 star post

No this is a vast overstatement. I grew up in the outskirts of a small suburb and there was still a grocery store 10 minutes away. Now I live in an absolute shit small town and there are 4 grocery stores within 10 minutes.

because our cities were made after the time of needed to centralize your city around a watersource.

Use your brain

Cant even go to the shitty tienda grocery store in mexico without getting beheaded. Why is that?

I've been to a mall in America that was unaccessible for pedestrians. You basically had to drive inside. Pretty funny.

They aren't. The nearest supermarket is 5 minutes by car. The nearest convenience store is 5 minutes on foot. I live in a typical, moderately sized city (~80,000 people).

Still no fences ffs, sick of these americuns

Thirty minutes?
Ha.
Try driving for two hours to the nearest town.
I can call in the Royal Flying Doctor Service from three hundred and eighty k away, get picked up and be in a capital city hospital faster than I can get toilet paper.

It's the way we urbanized. Australia and Canada have similar problems, possibly for different reasons.
youtube.com/watch?v=Q1ZeXnmDZMQ

Our reason was that our cities were such hopeless cess pits of misery, no one actually wanted to go there. However, everyone needed to eat, so everyone wanted to work, and that meant choosing between the city and some sort of resource like a factory, mine, oil well, etc.
The people who chose the cities didn't want to actually live in said cities, so we built suburbs with nice, big houses, but big houses make for big sprawl, and businesses have to sprawl with them to meet demand.

Why there's no trees?

30 minutes away is where all the black people (and spanish speaking persons) live, if you know what I mean. If you don't know what I mean: white people build giant subdivisions because the minorities have overrun the cities. Why do you think no white people houses were burned in Ferguson/Baltimore/[insert chimpout zone here].

Because Americans grocery shop once a week because everything is refrigerated or full of preservatives,, bread and milk can last week's here before spoiling

No. No fucking way, america is on its own with its fucked up town planning

If you live in America and don't have a car or a motorcycle, you are fucked.

I just moved to North Carolina after being in Japan for 2 years. Everything is so sprawled out it's ridiculous. Luckily there's a grocery store right down the road and then a Walmart, but it's still driving 30 minutes if I want to go to Lowe's or a nice restaurant.

You two don't seem to have the same perceptions about your country.

Hahaha....My nearest grocery store is only 1 minute away.

He lives in the fucking outback, Not a suburb

I'll take this over a fucking housing crisis whereby the average house here is 250k across the country and 500k in London

there are, but you don't get the same selection as you do in cities. honestly though I'm for keeping mcdonalds, burger king, walmart etc out of suburbs though, stop inviting that garbage shit in and trying to turn suburbs into the big cities.

wheres the nearest rapefugee center?

>o?
The only people who voted for Trump are rural and suburban retards.

City people all voted for Hillary.

look japan ghost cities or copy pastes of european cities (empty too)

credit expansions make wonders to kek

Range ban canadians.

Now.

I live in the suburbs and the nearest grocery store is a 10 minute walk

30-40 minutes (driving) away

because its new

He's right though. Country with one of the greatest infrastructures ever built... has fucking "food deserts". What happens when the food stops getting shipped and trucked? Starvation. It's fucked.

Try contributing to the country and making your own money, a 10 year old mowing lawns could afford a cheap car here

why would anyone want to live next to a commercial area?

Cities were preferred but the nigger infestation ruins them.

>a 10 year old mowing lawns could afford a cheap car here
Dude, give me Trump's digits.

Do you think urban areas grow their own food?

>Why is the nearest grocery store 30 minutes away from the Suburbs in car?
Likely closer to 5min by car.

those are all cheap homes built under the gi bill. If you go to town that weren't designed by an engineer, but rather built organically over time you wouldn't see something like this

>but on the other hand I like having a yard and driveway and garage
I have all of those and am still within walking distance of food.

it gives me the creeps desu.

but your Irish

But in the cities it's all small independent stores in white neighborhoods, and the chains near the mexican and black ones.

I think a better question is why arent there any fences ?

no niggers

Dude you're a fucking idiot there's 7 grocery stores 5 minutes away by car where I live.

Is there mods for skyline that changes "utilities effect area" mechanic?

No wonder the streets are dangerous,

Imagine how many abused kids go outside trying to escape with no stores

Stepford, right?

Hahahaha
Srsly tho ? Is that normal

This triggers the liberal

When most neighborhoods are 1st built, they are sold without fences. If the homeowners want a fence they put it up themselves. So over a period of years you'll see more and more fences.

They let people build their own
That way you can be a jew and just let your neighbors build them

>this is a suburb in america

why live

you mean like increasing how much electricity is generated or how many resources are consumed?

Yes

Also makes for wonderful property line disputes. Goodtimes.

I live in a house similar to your pic. Grocery store is literally down the street and there are multiple.

This doesn't work in large cities without suburbs

This.

So we can never walk thus why we're fat

Not all of us need to live in India-tier cities though.

How are you posting despite having been beheaded?

I don't get it

I agree but for people that have to live in cities suburbs are much nicer that urban areas

Suburbs are "sub-urban," meaning they're kind of designed to get some of the perks of living in a city residential area... without having to deal with the massive penalty that is actually living in a city. That said, not every suburb is that far away from shopping centers, but most are built around a city and the city eventually expands to start meeting that desire for convenience.

I imagine in areas with cities that are already jam packed, as well as areas that are already pretty under-developed, the issue of a 30 min drive is the worst, but most suburbs I've lived in were more within 15 minutes by foot of a shopping location.

Even if you had to live in a city, why would you live in a suburb over a satellite town?

suburbs basicly are satellite towns

>leaf

I mean that police station, fire station etc have areas of effect based on range to station and road type.

why not have the best of all worlds?
pic related its my neighborhood. im a 20 minute walk to the store 15 by boat and less than 10 by car

why does Europe think America is just new york city and then farmland for the rest of it

america is very diverse you can live pretty much any way you want

well, a satellite town isn't just rows of houses for miles. it's a less densely populated city. there's no way you can call the stereotypical american suburb a town.

grocery stores are never more than 5 minutes by car from the suburbs dumbass

I'd rather drive 30 minutes to a grocery store to pay half as much and buy enough groceries to last almost 2 weeks than go every or ever other day.

that genuinely looks like india apart from the blue water

Food deserts are mostly where niggers live tho.

Yes you can.

yes you can
most of them have commercial areas too

>30 minutes to a grocery

Wtf America. In Poland you walk 5 minutes to groceries, or drive 10 if you need to visit Polish wal-mart like shop.
30 minutes drive is pretty much a time you need to get to your workplace.

Why don't you clean up your inner cities and make them great again?

sure looks like india to me

no sorry I don't know of any such mods
The only utility mod I used was this
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=410606996

All the other were just cosmetic

nobody has to drive 30 minutes to the grocery store unless you want to live way out in the sticks

For the more rural parts of the country yes it is true, i spent time in Georgia and it was a decent drive to get to anything, same with the middle of Vermont. I'm in Coastal Comnecticut maybe 45 mins out from NYC, and the nearest non-chain or big box places near me are a 2-3 min walk at worst. Closest supermarket is maybe a 5 min walk. Driving could take longer because trafficat times