Is mental illness even real

Is OCD a real illness? If not, why would I think and act so irrationally? I was never and have never been told I have OCD by anyone. Discovered it myself.

Other urls found in this thread:

bpdcentral.com
ocdaction.org.uk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

WRONG PIC WRONG PIC WRONG PIC WRONG PIC WRONG PIC WRONG PIC WRONG PIC WRONG PIC WRONG PIC

You probably don't have real OCD you fuck.

It's real to anyone who has or know anyone who has it, and it's fucking annoying.

Please tell me what you think I think my OCD is.
At this point I'm not even carrying out physical compulsions, just playing internal mind games with myself.

You're supposed to be diagnosed by a professional before you can make such claims.

And yes, OCD is real. Mental illness is real, it's caused by anomalies and diseases of the brain

haha

Were you diagnosed with OCD by a psychiatrist? Some people self-diagnose themselves with mental illnesses such as depression or anxiety simply because they are going through a hard time in their lives or because they want attention and pity. Actual mental illnesses result from imbalances in the chemistry of the brain, and they are very real. The people that actually have mental illnesses will usually try to hide it from the public to not be singled out.

>leaf

Go get a diagnosis, you didn't discover shit.

I don't know but this is how I view it:

There's proof that your actions can change your brain; it's structure and function. Two examples of this are Einstein's large parietal region and London cabbies' large posterior hippocampus.

So this degenerate behavior that is accepted in society is making shit brains and because living a healthy life, with good food, exercise and non-degenerate hobbies is "uncool" - they call themselves mentally ill instead.

OK technically they are mentally ill but it's their behaviour that made them that way and it would be easy to fix.

most mental illnesses you create yourself by not controlling what you think about desu

I've gotten close to talking to nurses before but didn't want to become a 'patient'.
Really ever since I was around 11 it's been affecting me. Never told anyone I know outright, just shitposted about it on Sup Forums. My family definitely know though.

Have you tried talking to a professional online or over the phone?

I don't know if you can do this for free.
bpdcentral.com

>I don't want to be a patient so i can get help and live a better life but i do want to create a thread about and talk about my self-diagnosed ocd with anons

>trannies are mentally ill
>mental illness is a scam created by the jews and big pharma

YOU MAY ONLY CHOOSE ONE

ocdaction.org.uk

yeah, it's fucked
Selfish too

lol stop being a pussy and just get help, ocd is treatable

Thanks for the advice guys, merry christmas. :)

Can you talk to these people? Maybe ask them how you get a diagnosis. Maybe tell them how you diagnosed yourself, ask them if you made the right analysis.

Merry Christmas mate

>a real illness
yes it is
>why would I think and act irrationally
could be autistic or crazy
>never been told
then you probably dont have it

OCD is as close to the definition of insanity. You keep doing the same shit over and over and over to the point that you cant fucking stop.

>just playing internal mind games with myself
thats called thinking

Yeah man, not thinking right is what being crazy is right?
You too.

>People with ocd are insane

In most cases people with ocd are still very sane. They just have compulsions because they fear that bad things will happen if they don't perform certain tasks in specific ways. If you don't get help your problems will most likely increase as you have to perform more tasks to remove the anxiety

>They just have compulsions because they fear that bad things will happen if they don't perform certain tasks in specific ways.
What's it called when you realize your compulsions don't make sense, but still feel the need to perform them? I used to have that.

No idea, sorry

you just need to be beaten fairly severely or go out and live in the woods for a few days

Well of course, I was using crazy as a word to describe mental illness. If I didn't understand where the feelings came from the I'd technically be psychotic. Luckily I can still function, but i know it holds me back when it's bad.

I will try these methods.

>What's it called when you realize your compulsions don't make sense, but still feel the need to perform them? I used to have that.
It's called regular OCD. It's inherently irrational.

Well, it is real and I don't know if I have it (never had a diagnostic), but I am OCD on cleanliness. For instance, when I go outside, I have to take a shower when I come back, and nothing that has been outside can touch what is inside the house, otherwise I have to clean it completely. It doesn't matter if I have been outside for 5 minutes, I need to take a shower and completely change and wash my clothes. There's also some parts of my body (genitals and what they touch) which I cannot touch without automatically washing my hands. I also worry about if things are in order a lot. I have for instance to check if I locked my door at least 4 or 5 times before I'm alright. Certain items in my house have to be in a certain position, otherwise I get excessively angry and frustrated. And I have casual recurring thoughts and images all the time, and I compulsively count things or repeat lyrics of music in my head. I can't stop doing that, and sometimes I can't sleep because of it.

As someone who was treated for OCD for my entire adolescence and young adulthood, people who diagnose themselves with OCD piss me off a great deal.

I washed my hands countless times to fight invasive thoughts everyday until my skin would break and start bleeding. Dry days during winter was hell for me.

These self diagnosed people on the other hand just seek attention by making themselves look special in the most pathetic way.

>this faggot is in every thread

No

>promoting sanism

You fucking fascists

Do I come under that label because a doctor hasn't officially deemed me abnormal?

Sounds like it. Speak with your doctor

>why would I think and act so irrationally?

Because you're a fag

>not thinking right is what being crazy is right
Pretty much, are there any transgender people that are sane?

also
>could be autistic or crazy
was a shitpost.
Anyone can have irrational thoughts, doesnt mean they have OCD. Unless it gets to the point that you cant function and are always having irrational thoughts, then its OCD.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results as Einstein defined it. OCD people do the same thing over and over again. Therefore, OCD is pretty close to the definition of insanity

To expand on this, I wash my hands I don't know how many times a day and I'm so paranoid of touching "bad" things I haven't cleaned my house in a long time: I don't want to get dirty so I let my environment get dirty. It's that irrational and paradoxical. The only thing I clean regularly is my kitchen counter.

To be honest it's a huge downer to see people pick things up from the ground like it's nothing (I know it's really ACTUALLY nothing) while I would have to go wash my hands if I do that. It's like a prison for my mind. Now that it's winter the skin on my hands is dry as fuck and cracked all over my knuckles and between my fingers. 0/10 wouldn't recommend

Autism
Totally normal

T. Alberto barbosa

>as Einstein defined it
>letting the jew define sanity

>Is OCD a real illness?

Yes, it objectively is. But you only have a "disorder" if it interferes with your life in serious, damaging ways. Many people have obsessive/compulsive tendencies without having an actual disease.

Protip: Many people have depression and OCD, they are linked. And they can be quite terrible in combination. (Think: obsessing over suicide and death)

No can do right now. I'm living with my parents and although I'm pretty sure they know I act bizarrely, I can't tell them I want to go see a doctor about OCD.

What do I classify as? I just post on Sup Forums, because I have no one to talk to IRL.

Sane/insane are just labels anyway. Who is deemed insane is based on society

Hey cool I loved Captain Underpants.

>why would I think and act so irrationally?

That's what it means to be stupid, stupid.

transgender people are mentally ill but I admire their ability to embrace it.

Why not tho

I have quite severe OCD but i don't tell anyone or talk about it
its not like there's a cure, and i dont want attention or to be special snowflake

I'm exactly like you. And I mean EXACTLY. If my hands were to touch the ground, I could not do ANYTHING with them until I washed them in my house. Public bathrooms are ''bad'' things for me. People touching the ground make me cringe hard. Same goes for people who walk inside their house with their shoes. They bring the dirt on the public roads into their house. That's insane for me. People who touch their shoes are similar. I always have to take off my shoes without touching the bottom of them, otherwise I'm done. I follow a strict ritual that ensures my hands who touch any bad things when removing my clothes (everything for outside my house is bad in my mind, unless they have been washed).

I can attest that OCD is real, everything else who knows

OCD like depression is a meme psychiatrist take advantage of to generate money

If the shoe fits

I don't want them to know I have mental disorders and that I'm mentally ill. That would be the end of me. People have ideas about who am I and how I act and I must act in such a way as to conform to the ideas they have about me ; I cannot do something in their presence I haven't done before. The only limit to that is morality. I wouldn't do something immoral to conform to other's ideas about me, but that's it. I also cannot stand people knowing me, I have to act in secret.

>leaf

Jews are insane so Ill take their word for it

>I also cannot stand people knowing me, I have to act in secret.

Is there a name for this disfunction? Because I have it and I don't want it.

I had ocd which fucked my life, diagnosed and all. After a year of treatment (with some meds) it was gone.

>Is mental illness even real

Hey, maybe not and I'm a fucking shaman

You tell me

I think it's real brother.

I know that feel all too well leafbro

Especially the shoe thing, kek. I had a few nasty warts on my foot for a few years and I was so scared of them spreading (especially to my hands, even though this is very unlikely and irrational considering the different strains of HPV only spread to certain types of skin--I've researched this) I think all of my OCD behavior stems from that. The warts are long gone but I still can't put on my shoes unless I wash my hands afterwards.

I can also get extremely agitated when I'm around people who have poor personal hygiene and low consideration for others in that respect. In particular people who don't wash their hands after taking a shit. FUCK YOU I HATE YOU

I can't seek treatment until I live alone and no one knows about it. I also suspect I might or might not have other things like depression, avoidant personality disorder, sensory processing disorder or ADD. I can't say that to my parents or to anyone really, no one would take me seriously, even though I have serious symptoms about lots of those things.

Yeah, people who have no clue about hygiene and personal space, I can't stand. Shaking hands is something I never look forward too, and immediately after I feel the need to wash away their ''hand prints'' off of mine.

I would beat the fuck out of you faggot for thinking this is the board to post that question

>I would beat the fuck out of you

Ok but wash your hands first.

Psychology is a Jewish science

>Canada
>doing anything but saying sorry