British education

>british education

Question from a level maths exam taken by 18 year old student.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyscalculia
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I forgot how to do all that.

>tank problems
>calc 2

You're going to miss tank problems when you get to college level stem classes

>he thinks anyone gives a shit about baby's first calculus problems
literally some of the least interesting mathematics

Amazing. Rather than just asking the question, they give you milestones and basically provide you with the marking scheme (no child left behind!)

This.

7 its 7

o shit they even give you the substitution lel

lol same. desu I always found the dt/dx shit pointless, it's just a number ffs

I could calculate these answers in a few minutes if i gave a fuck tho

We never learned this in school.

what's your point?
that it's hard?

this looks exactly like what I had to do in highschool

this though

High school calc is basically setting you up for differential equations in uni, which is not "pointless" or "just a number"

Then you realize most actual differential equations are only exactly solvable for specific boundary conditions and real world problems aren't nice and it turns out the first 2 years of uni are setting you up for numerical simulations

My high school had people taking pre-calc and differential equations senior year

so far for me in college calculus seems to be more of a physics thing than it is strictly math. I could be wrong I'm not super far into my math studies but I'm learning about abstract shit like sets and proofs in math while physics uses integrals that aren't even solvable

It's probably cause I'm at a shit school but I took a class in quantum mechanics and nobody could do the math, asking for integrals of 2 variable exponentials and shit, idk senpai

This faggot is lying.

vwo 6 wiskunde B lijkt hier heel erg op hoor
differentieren en integreren enzo

It's fucking embarrassing.
If I was in charge this would be first or second year of highschool material. I'm not even kidding, this shit is simple and can easily be taught if you don't go with the "muh no child left behind" principle of comprehensive education.

I hate what decades of retarded governments have done to the state of this great kingdom.

I'm maths/physics double major and yeah some of your early QM stuff before they introduce bra-ket notation and start doing everything as vector algebra is a bit odd. I remember in my second year QM class 90% of the integrals we could just avoid solving by determining whether the integrand was even or odd and since the inner products are typically over a symmetric domain half the time you can just say it equal zero without even doing any math

Nobody cares nerd.

You can find some of the wavefunctions, but it's hard. From the wavefunctions you can find other shit, that's all easy, but you just have to grind through the integrals. Especially the dreaded tripple integrals for the hydrogen wave functions.

this tbqh

now I'm doing more specialized shit, I've forgotten how to solve differential equations and stuff like that

You don't need to learn it. You don't need to do a single class. They've actually given it all to you on the page. You could just show up to the exam and pass.

I wonder how that's going to help them flip burgers at McDonalds

that's bullshit

It's pretty simple but not terrible for high school I guess. What's your point?

Hallo vmbo

wtf?
kek
this is fucking piss easy
uneducated dumbfucks

>leaf

Rate

STEM gets incredibly easy near the end because most students get in the mindset and learn quick.

It's harder to pick up in early classes.

I got a C in calc 1, B in Calc 2, A in calc 3, DE, LA.

Now I get all A's

tfw my brain literally cannot handle maths and mental arythmatic at all, i can't deal with numbers once they go outside of like 2, 5 and 10, I spent years in highschool trying and falling to lower levels and trying to catch up but can never into numbers :'(

>STEM gets incredibly easy near the end

Depends on what you're doing. Ain't no motherfucker out there "getting" General Relativity straight off the bat. The abstract stuff is always difficult.

Fourier series 8/10

>18 year old student
If he's retarded. That's 5th year shit.

i know that feel lad|

do you have a neurological problem? My brain calculates really fast 1 day and another it's completely shot

standard precalc, if you want to see something truly difficult look up the Cambridge Math Tripos its the most impossible math degree you can get anywhere, even makes Harvard's Math 55a/b look like a joke in comparison

>Amerilard education

How do you justify this?

The easiest questions on bong maths exams are far harder than this.

Fucking hell I don't understand any of that not even in the slightest.

Differential equations 101. Very basic stuff. We do that stuff in the first year of university, so 18+ years for most. Maybe 17 or 16 for very exceptional students.

I am 46 years old, I liked calculus when I was in secundary school, but I forgot all that now.

>STEM gets incredibly easy near the end
Speak for yourself engineer brainlet
I'm doing string theory and it is by no means easy

>I'm doing string theory and it is by no means easy
So not only is it pointless, but also hard.

SAT math I only goes up to like, algebra or geometry. It is the base, nigger tier, test.

You need to take SAT math II-c for most decent colleges.

I understand none of that lol
Did not have to take calc in high school

The way you draw x triggers me like no other, it's the cuck-x

That's how you're supposed to write X in mathematics to differentiate from the letter used in writing

JUST

>do you have a neurological problem?
Probably, i'm diagnosed with ADHD but i think at the end of the day i'm just thick.

I don't know why but i like your penmanship user.

Merry Christmas btw.

That's not that bad. Why are you posting this?

Process engineer here, integration via excel and the occasional formula look up in Folgler's/Cranes/or general internet forum is the extent of my maths now.

I took that material and far worse at 17 years old.
Try learning triple integrals when you're too busy crafting ways to get Carmen to give you a blowjob.

I was an advanced math student in high school and I've never seen an equation like that. Took pre-calculus (which I think was mostly trigonometry) junior year.

Damn, you must have earned $300k starting.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyscalculia

what are you?
5 years old?

Unfortunately no, and I never got that blowjob either. :-(

>string theory
Why are you wasting your time with that shit? Learn a real skill that's actually applicable to a fucking career.

>money is the only thing that matters

Its all college freshman calculus. I had to do this too. Looks like differentials and integrals.

>an unfalsifiable hypothesis which only serves as a mathematical circlejerk aid matters

this

string theory is balls

t. Mr Hawking

Surely this is AS level? If not then fuck me exams are easier now

You mean it is an example problem from a textbook?

When I took AP calculus, that's exactly what my test looked like. du substitution is a Calculus 1 level skill that you're required to know to progress to Calc 2.

I ended up having to take ln 0