So this video is basically just libertardian propaganda that doesn't account that people can have loyalty to things...

So this video is basically just libertardian propaganda that doesn't account that people can have loyalty to things other than money?

youtube.com/watch?v=rStL7niR7gs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iHzzSao6ypE?t=244
youtube.com/watch?v=K63ZKa_tt3s
youtu.be/5XdYbmova_s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

People tend to have loyalty to the security of their families and losing power as a third world dictator usually means that your wife and kids are gonna end up hanged on your porch.

Its bullshit, its assuming that the "key" people can't be replaced in a republic

Also, you don't need to always appeal to the majority in a republic. Coolidge denied farming subsidies throughout the 20's despite a huge population being farmers

The stock market for agriculture and GDP skyrocketed in his last year because of it

AnCap is true redpill but the video is just being cynical edgy nihilistic autists 2bqh famalam

CGPGrey just makes conjectural dumb bullshit vids, literally ledd1t, horrible source of info, basically "TIL dumb gay retard fag im a stupid bitch", i want to see the life leave his eyes as i choke him i want to cut his brian into 100 pieces and feed them to a dog, only use for it, not even a human being, just worthless trash...

Libertardians are just spiritual kikes. They worship nothing but the dollar.

Not true.
I worship guns and the God of explosives.

Well he actually advocated for self driving cars that big brother can use to track you.

He's not wrong, but it's woefully incomplete.

He gets the basics of voting blocks, regimes and the gulf between democracy and oligarchy correct, but then makes the claim that he's got the whole thing down.

I stopped watching when I saw his Electoral College bit; Where he walks right up to "This is why the system works this way" and instead says "This is why the system is wrong."

>literally ledd1t
this desu

>I worship guns and the God of explosives.
praise the /k/ube

Libertarians are inherently selfish, so they project their selfish attitude onto everyone else.

This video is basically saying "Vote Hillary because corruption is inevitable"

I stopped watching too. He used to be a geography teacher or something, but because he has a bunch of subscribers, everyone takes everything he takes to be fact.

His electoral college video is terrible because he starts with the assumption that the system of states voting instead of the country as a whole is wrong.

Nowhere does it say that the key people can't be replaced, in fact it specifically mentions that the key people have their OWN key people to keep happy.

most of his videos are reddit-tier but this one is a good introduction to the concepts of political power and manipulation. Aussie commenters should not be encouraged

Once again CGPGrey over simplifies a major subject and neglects to mention alternatives, or different ways in which power functions. Grey is probably one of the fathers of youtube education, where complex issues are broken down into meaningless videos that only serve to make people think they know shit.
What Grey neglects to mention is how someone like Machiavelli breaks his entire video and the premise he operate on.

>"Look at how silly this is! You can tell it's silly because of my exasperated tone and slouching character. Also, you have to take everything I say as fact because I have classes and a cup of coffee on my desk. Also we're in a classroom."

>"No of course I can't outline the benefits of the electoral college! You have to agree with me because the conclusion that I come to was actually the premise I started with! I couldn't possibly be wrong because I'm smart because I have glasses."

the coffee really elevates the obnoxiousness

I can't fucking stand this guy. All his videos are basically just obnoxious self masturbation.

Every time I see someone share one of his videos I die a little inside.

he honestly is a real pseudointellectual

The funniest part is that there's no difference between this video series and actual ameriburger education they spend millions on.

Their professors from their top unis are the ones orchestrating SJW protests and teaching math classes about oppression.

This is more true than you know. In almost every history class I took in high school, we watched John Green videos. This continues in college, believe it or not.

Don't go to American universities unless you're going there for the STEM meme or you got into a really good college on a scholarship that covers most/all of your tuition.

To be honest, this is actually among his better videos
At least he acknowledges the possibility of corruption in the system, oligarchy and alternative governing methods

>libertarians are only loyal to money
top canard, mate

3 years ago in high school we were shown fucking john green videos on a projector in class. fuck.

It was never that bad for me. But in Religious Studies we would always do units on ethics and they would basically tell you what to think (but that might have just been my teachers)

We did a topic about abortion and my teacher spent the whole time telling us how abortion is good and religious people don't like it because they are backward.

praise him

>it's another "people on Sup Forums think they know better than people who have spent decades researching a topic" thread

Remember that this CGP is an incredibly thorough youtuber and that he based most of his research on the acclaimed "Dictators Handbook"

>that doesn't account that people can have loyalty to things other than money?

Everyone's got a price.

Grey literally has made a video explaining how to use Reddit

He is not /ourguy/

This video is what made me unsubscribe his channel, it's just so obviously butthurt and dumb

>based most of his research on the acclaimed "Dictators Handbook"
sounds like some pop-politics bs
fucking leaf

>Swede
>Talking down America education
>Meanwhile Swedish boys are forced to act like girls and the snowplows are feminist

>CGP grey spends decades researching a topic

>we watched John Green videos. This continues in college

Absolutely revolting.

You could dismantle the entire education bubble with standardized tests you just need to complete. No matter how fast or where you learn.

When kids finish their uni classes at 18 using only free education resources and private tutoring for a percent of school costs, then the liberal dinosaur institution will finally die.

Remember that it's a monopoly position with zero incentive to change or educate that causes this.

Competitive schools, no "minimum years pissed away". It's the only way forward.

>Its bullshit, its assuming that the "key" people can't be replaced in a republic

That's kind of the issue.

"My system requires that exactly the right people are given a monopoly on authority"

You're basically saying "voting is the only option."

The Department Of Education needs to be abolished. Federal government having a hand in our curriculum is a danger to society, because Democrats are more than happy to politically indoctrinate our children, but Republicans can't. The only way to undo it is to give control back to the individual states.

>and actual ameriburger education they spend millions on.

Our STEM and Medical programs are still top-notch.
Our Humanities programs have shit the bed, though.

> teaching math classes about oppression.

That's not actually happening is it?

> In almost every history class I took in high school, we watched John Green videos.

I must have won the lottery twice. I live in Commiefornia, but all my history teachers just taught the objective facts.

If you're a jew, maybe.

I should add that this was an AP level history class.

My Literature of Religion class was likewise bullshit. I went to public school so the class was a diverse as possible, meaning the material was a mixture of "cool foreign religions" and various "esteemed" authors and poets criticizing Christianity.

I agree, and I can't believe that there were "teacher strikes" due to "low pay" when my classmates and I weren't even being taught in the first place.

If I developed agency and found Sup Forums during the formative years of high school I would've rebelled more. It's almost frightening to know how many kids are dumb and complacent, even though they have the potential to actually learn and succeed.

In my uni's sociology class, my teacher recommended Anita Sarkeesian videos as a "feminist critique of modern media" among many other similar videos.

Friendly reminder that this STILL isn't the final stage of the American Common Core education system.

Said the guy from a country whose politicians are almost as corrupt as ours.

Ok snowflake, you're different. Happy now?

Consider yourself lucky, I used to really like my US history teacher until he decided to "prove" that the JFK assassination wasn't actually a conspiracy.

That video is basically the equivalent of that annoying friend you had when you were 18 who just took a university course or read a new book (in this case the Dictator's Handbook) and is now convinced he knows absolutely everything about an extremely complex topic and can distill in to a simple and universal set of rules.

Except instead of being an 18 year old snot nosed kid he's a 30 year old youtuber on an ego trip.

And?

Yes senpai. :3

Except that friend is also making several thousands of dollars from sharing what he's learned and you're still a bitter, jealous faggot.

Throughout history, people have been slain for being loyal to a idea, religion or people. And yet, today's people think everyone can be bought.

Several thousand? Woah! But yes, congratulations on making money on shitty internet content. What an achievement!

And is "jealous" the new reddit buzzword for deflecting any kinds of criticism? From youtubers to Hollywood executives, if you dare question any of them a redditor will swoop in and declare that you are just "jealous!"

>telling us how abortion is good and religious people don't like it because they are backward.

Kek, even secular jurists like Ginsburg had problems with demarcating where human life legally begins, and these fools just try to simplify the opposition.

Peterson and others are on point when they say the modern bourgeois Left make no effort in understanding even the mainstream Right.
> think they know better than people who have spent decades researching a topic
>When some of us have put at least as much rigor researching political science than Le Cartoon Redditor
>When some of us read people that collectively spent centuries researching these topics, from Machiavelli to Hobbes to Clausewitz to Schmitt to Kissinger and even Thomas Frank and Noam Chomsky.
>When I didn't check the flag before starting my reply

BTW, CGPG didn't say anything "wrong" per se, he just grossly oversimplified.

>CuckGP Grey
>libertarian
No, he's a dirty lefty.

>BTW, CGPG didn't say anything "wrong" per se
He made several absolutist statements, including that revolutions only happen when the army let's them, and that all revolutions are actually just palace coups.

To be fair he did explain in a podcast that the arguments for an electoral college are necessary, stating that cities have far more in common with one another than with the states they live in so they'll vote in a pro-city voting blocks which might not be beneficial to the rural voters.

However he did say that in a podcast and not in any of his videos, so take that for what you will.

i used to think he was really great but i've been steadily realizing he's an idiot who just has a good video format and articulate voice.

if you want proof, just look at his self-driving cars video. OMG traffic will be so much better when we're weaving our cars without stop lights at 40 MPH. what the hell could go wrong? pic related, would you really want to be watching other cars nearly T-bone your car at 40mph every time you went through an intersection? then he goes on to make even more retarded engineering decisions on highways

youtu.be/iHzzSao6ypE?t=244

Then there's the whole electoral college video where he uses an insane impossible edge case to argue against the EC. (if 99% of the population lived in one state they'd outweigh the 1% in the other 49 states every time...)

>What Grey neglects to mention is how someone like Machiavelli breaks his entire video and the premise he operate on.

Genuinely curious; could you explain?

>People on this board don't just drive through an intersection at 90, letting everyone else worry about it.

git gud

If you boil it down back to theoretical physics then you'll get something like he says.

For example this user didn't get it - Coolige denied farming subsidies but:
#1 it doesn't mean he completely alienated farmers as a demographic
#2 it proves that farmers weren't necessary for him to win(as in - they weren't key)

In reality though all that shit doesn't look like that simply because the "I might profit from backstabbing X but..." creates a complex net of reasoning. Loyalty for example doesn't comes from nowhere but from specific traits some person has, like for example family ties or good interpersonal relationship, or authority of the person people are loyal to.

If there was really anything novel for him to say it would have already been said.

He's only really good for ASMR, but his videos are too short

>ASMR

stop

Sure, but if we're talking outside of third world countries...

> that friend is also making several thousands of dollars from sharing what he's learned and you're still a bitter, jealous faggot.

Why does this ad hom bullshit happen so often around here? That kind of defense so zealous it's the kind of thing you'd only expect from the creator himself. If you're not, I have to wonder why you're so bent on defending him.

>OMG traffic will be so much better when we're weaving our cars without stop lights at 40 MPH. what the hell could go wrong?

I don't think that he's implying nothing can or will go wrong. Nobody in their right mind could possibly think that weaving cars through intersections in such a way could be 100% safe or that self-driving cars will be ready for that kind of shit even by the end of this decade.

Speaks to everyone's corruptibility. I doubt very many of the people on the take in your country are jews.

Libertarians are cultural leftists though. I'd rather have a commie economy but a cultural right-wing rather than an anarchist economy and a cucked culture.

No, of course not. Some are but that doesn't matter, there are men out there who are loyal to the death.
The world going to utter shit doesn't prevent them from existing, or maybe you're just pessimistic.

>The world going to utter shit doesn't prevent them from existing, or maybe you're just pessimistic.

I'm not saying those people don't exist, at least not strictly. Just that they're the vast minority.

BRIAN, NO!

They've always been and nobody can really say they're that kind of person before death anyway.

That video is like a redpilled version of 48 laws of power

CGP Grey is barely decades old.

>Political Youtuber with 1mil+ subs

gee wow who would've thought it would be Reddit tier garbage :o

All of WW2 Japan was a minority? They were willing to fight on to the death until they figured out America could just nuke them into oblivion. Russians were also willing to fight to the death, not for Stalin nor communism but for their country.

>libertarian propaganda
facts =/= propaganda
Libertarianism is objectively the best ideology. I'd ask you to prove me wrong, but that is literally impossible.

Libertarianism leads to degeneracy. Giving people total freedom in terms of eocnomy means they'll import shitskins, they'll pander to whatever's popular with the youth even if that means transsexual orgies or other shit like that.

Regulation is ALWAYS needed because the needs of the collective society, the nation always outweights the need of the individual. This is the very reason why the world is in such a shit place today, because everyone cares too much about themselves rather than their people.

fuck off you commie
liberty or death

Take your butthurt elsewhere leaf

Objectively a lot of this stuff will be true. However, this guy has a tendency to overthink things (from listening to his Hello Internet podcast) and some of his views are downright childish, with the stubbornness of an Apple fanboy, and I wouldn't trust everything he says. Overall a fairly interesting guy though.

Most russians went to their deaths against the germans because otherwise the commissar would kill them. As for the japanese, I'd like to believe they died out of loyalty but who knows what was in stock for those who refused to, say, kamikaze.

You forget that liberty is a breeding groud for subversion, the more free a society is the easier it gets for marxists to infiltrate and damage it.

CGPgrey is a faggot. He always pushes disreputable theories as being absolute fact, just as he does with (((Guns Germ and Steel))) or (((selectorate theory))).

What about some form of national libertarianism? A nation-state with strict immigration policies but still dedicated to preserving liberty and rights for the native population.

>we should get rid of our freedom because if we dont do that someone might endanger our freedom
STEP ON SNEK [ ]
NO STEP ON SNEK [X]

People like you are the reason why the world is going to shit. Uncontrolled individualism. You'd have a globalist government if it meant that anyone could do anything they want, including marry their pet eagle.

That's what I mean. The Russkies weren't loyal to communism nor Stalin but they preferred to die for Russia fighting for the preservation of their homeland rather than getting shot by the commissar. Also there were more soldiers than commissars, they could've just staged an "army revolution" if they didn't love Russia more than they hate Stalin.

You still need to regulate the industries. You do realise a lot of this uncontrolled immigration didn't come from bleeding heart liberals but corporations wanting cheap workers, right? The liberals we love to complain about were just useful idiots.

>CGPgrey
doesn't this faggot believe in immortality and it being a good thing?

>but still dedicated to preserving liberty and rights for the native population.

because full liberty is antithetical to nationalism. In the 1960s and 70s California was plenty libertarian, including allowing farmers to truck in spics to work for them. Attempts to tamper with their operation resulted in Sheriffs being bribed to not enforce the law. By 2000, CA was 40% spic as a result. It only stopped due to the Patriot Act giving ICE teeth

Never heard of that one. Got the specific video?

Sorry mate, you can't change my views (And I can't change yours'). Guess I simply wasn't born or raised to become a communist.

>only rebuttals are memes

youtube.com/watch?v=K63ZKa_tt3s

I believe in the individual freedom, and I believe that giving away my freedom just because someone claims that not doing that might result in it being eventually endangered is retarded.

It's like some complete stranger telling you to give him 50% of his salary because otherwise in the future someone might force you to start giving him a portion of your salary.

This. If you don't have regulation, things turn to chaos.

At least call me what I am - a nationalist.

>people can have loyalty to things other than money

That's true, but loyalty starts to wear thin when you're starving.

Look at all the defectors in North Korea for proof of this.

Freedom is guaranteed to be endangered by the weaker members of society, which are also guaranteed to exist and influence others under the banner of freedom.
The western world would never be in such a shitty state if it just blocked subversion and forbade the kind of recreation enjoyed by the possible agitators, aka degeneracy.

Poison snek using another snek [X]

My point is that they were not loyal. If the commissar wasn't there to kill them, countless would've either jumped ship or would've run away.

Nobody is after your money, jew. Well, maybe other jews and some gentiles are.

Totalitarianism is totalitarianism no matter what label you sell it under. When having to choose if I'd like to be opressed in the name of nation, proletariat (or anything else) I don't want to choose any of these.

Do you feel that the current state of western society is because of individual freedom? No, it's because of state actors.

Whether forced 'religious tolerance' acts such as forbidding business owners from refusing to serve whoever they want, diversity quotas and affirmative action, laws prohibiting free speech by policing the language or churches being forced to marry gays.

These and many other things are not caused by individual having too much power. They are caused by the state having unlimited power.

>You still need to regulate the industries.
Yes but what I am talking about personal liberties, degenerates are going to be degenerates no matter what unless you kill them (autist fantasy) or shame them to prevent others from indulging into that sort of faggotry
>You do realise a lot of this uncontrolled immigration didn't come from bleeding heart liberals but corporations wanting cheap workers, right?
Correct, neoliberal capitalism is a cause for low-skilled workers being imported and globalization being pushed. Also thank Keynesian economics for the housing bubble due to the control of aggregate demand. This is where regulation of industries should happen to prevent importation of thousands of unskilled workers who drop living conditions and wages
>because full liberty is antithetical to nationalism
No you can still preserve a nation-identity while also giving rights to natural born citizens
>In the 1960s and 70s California was plenty libertarian, including allowing farmers to truck in spics to work for them.
Damn dirty hippies but create a law that fines businesses that do this and promote businesses that uphold to national values
>Attempts to tamper with their operation resulted in Sheriffs being bribed to not enforce the law.
That deals with corruption than anything
>By 2000, CA was 40% spic as a result. It only stopped due to the Patriot Act giving ICE teeth
Because giving the government the power to detain US citizens indefinitely without due process is such a good idea.

>Do you feel that the current state of western society is because of individual freedom?
Of course I do, I wouldn't be disagreeing with you otherwise.

You think too highly of people, as if everybody is capable of behaving properly and thinking properly without emotional influence. Human tribes, no matter how big, require rules to keep its members in check. It's that simple.

>Whether forced 'religious tolerance' acts such as forbidding business owners from refusing to serve whoever they want, diversity quotas and affirmative action, laws prohibiting free speech by policing the language or churches being forced to marry gays.
More like these things would've never become a problem if liberal democracy wasn't so damn easy to subvert.
>These and many other things are not caused by individual having too much power. They are caused by the state having unlimited power.
Give power to each individual and you'll always get conglomerates who seek to hold such power to themselves, this is simple human nature. Take away some power from each individual, give it to the state, and you can protect society from being victimized by the majority who can't think for themselves.

The state is not the evil monster looking to enslave you, in most cases that is. Besides, the state likes roads as much as anybody else.

Sure, but what you're proposing isn't libertarianism, thankfully, it's democratic nationalism which I am also in support of. Let businesses exist, but punish those that don't uphold national values by placing more taxes on them. If they leave the country, even better, less internationalists and more nationalists.

Nationalism would support the small business owners you're talking about. They would punish international big business.

Is wendover productions /ourguy/?

youtu.be/5XdYbmova_s

Has any dictatorship not been shit?

That democracy part is quite literally what has always happened here in Brazil. It couldn't be more accurate. If for some reason someone asks "why didn't the Worker's Party go full soviet?" that's the answer.
>doesn't account that people can have loyalty to things other than money?
Now that is one big fat strawman. Let's say you have 3 generals on your side, while 2 of them want you dead because they're greedy bastards , dislike your good nature and got swayed by the opposition composed of other greedy ruthless bastards. You wouldn't even see the knife plunging in your back.
You can't expect people to be good and loyal to you just because your fee fees would be hurt otherwise. Even a small fraction of these people can cripple you and your government. They can organize, propaganda the shit out of everything and make you a devil to the population. As long as they get the right people on their side, you're fucked.

Blind loyalty to a government is evil, instead of arguing for more power to people you don't even know, you should be trying to dismantle it to minimize the damage.
You can trust the self-serving nature of man but you cannot expect every single one of your "keys" to be loyal to you(and not the opposition) and the people just because of some convenient sense of duty you're assuming they have for some reason. Remember, power corrupts.
This kind of thinking is the easy way out, evil and enables dictators and oligarchs to buttfuck you.
>assuming people are inherently good

This.

A person who do not wants to own a thousand guns is not a libertarian