/tsg/ TRUMAN SHOW GENERAL

One of the core memes on Sup Forums is the idea that we need to redpill normies/the wider culture in order to achieve our satirical goals (e.g. Brexit, Trump, MAGA). Whether it's helping people realize that the mainstream media is a source of fake news or encouraging them to demote political correctness from its role as the arbiter of culture, most of our memes are all about getting ordinary people to broaden their perspective and question the prevailing political narrative.

Truman Show General is all about developing and spreading memes that will most effectively serve this purpose. The reference to the movie The Truman Show is appropriate because it's all about how a person's life can be managed, manipulated, and monitored by an external force unknown to them, and how a fresh and critical perspective is sufficient to liberate this person's life.

The idea for this thread originated here

Bump for great justice.

Came to post this. This is an anon5 thread.

Keep track of what happens around me? Like what? I'm in my bedroom with the door closed when I watch a film, nothing is happening around me.

How can you be so sure if you aren't using free software?

I stream films for free online regularly.

If you've seen the movie, the character starts noticing things that are "off" about the people and situations in his life, and then he starts examining everything even more critically, even the most mundane things. Ordinary people don't expect that the mainstream media, or the products they buy, or the medicines they take, etc. to be a method of manipulating and controlling them for whatever purpose. The "Truman Show Challenge" will get them to reconsider the things they take for granted in their lives with a more critical eye.

What do you think about giant antarctic creatures?

Truman Show is a gnostic story.

Typical leaf poster to think that it is just some basic bitch plot of managing someones whole life.

The esoteric meaning is it is a gnostic myth. Where the hero fights off the demiurge and his archons to find the true nature of reality no matter how depressing it is.

What we should be doing is utilizing memetics (like we are) and apply it to a gnostic/simulation theory model.

That's not the same thing

Dude you are not supposed to post it here on Sup Forums. Spread it on normie places. Like Sup Forums, reddit, facebook, twitter, youtube.

This thread is stupid.

Do you really think normies will be willing to do something as obsessive as watching the SAME movie over and over? Let alone that the vagary of the second part of the challenge makes it seem like you're asking them to be "gang-stalking" levels of paranoid considering truman literally kept track of who walked in front of his house.

yes OP spread it beyond this containment board

I'm not Anon5 but I've seen the KB threads, and I think it's very interesting and compelling, the kind of thing that will redpill people en masse and shatter their trust in the establishment even more, but only if we can find "smoking gun" evidence. Without it it's too easy to dismiss it as /x/-tier conspiracy theory by ordinary people. But I definitely think it's worth investigating because the idea of giant ancient creatures/world trees is feasible.

You are creeping me out.

Why watch the same fucking movie 30 times? Why not watch different redpilled movies/shows/docs? Is that a psyop to make autists waste their time even more? And most people are already "redpilled" they just gave up the fight.

I think few will actually watch it all the way through a whole month. However I think if it catches on, many will watch it for two or three days in a row, but by then the idea will have firmly planted itself in their mind and they won't be able to go through life anymore without some paranoia about what's really going on.

>This thread is stupid.
Welcome to Sup Forums

I normally like a lot of what anon5 posts, but this Truman show thing is beyond stupid.

No globalist elite is going to waste his time in front of a tv watching some fucking peasant's day to day life.

lol true,

Being exposed to a variety of ideas is good if you're already redpilled and capable of introspection and critical thought. Most ordinary people are not. The point is to make watching this movie and being exposed to its ideas/modelling the behaviour of the main character into a ritual, or in other words, a form of self-hypnosis. Religions have used similar techniques very effectively to manage people's worldview and behaviour.

>implying the globalist elite watch citizens

Silly user, of course they wouldn't waste their time on us. That's why they have the NSA to do it for them

do you think you're special or smart or something? it's obvious he grasps the metaphor.

esoterics are a whole different level of wankery.

keep it simple stupid.

Wrong kind of free bud

repetition is important. imagine the effect that watching it for 16 hours a day for a month would have, while pumping someone full of DMT.

I'm sure some high profile people are monitored in this way. I don't think anyone monitors plebs literally like in The Truman Show because for most people it's not even necessary. Most people just instinctively conform to the prevailing culture so their behaviour is entirely predictable. The goal here is to meme into the prevailing culture the idea that it's normal to question the prevailing culture. People don't need to actually watch the Truman Show for a month and be paranoid, they just need to believe that others are doing it.

thanks to supercomputer sized neural networks every single human being that uses the internet can be monitored and managed automatically.

I am monitored, really. Yet I'm just st some guy. It's fucking creepy and they will expand their campaign to other American people.

>literally gaslight yourself out of sheer boredom

NEET purge when

This already happens with advertising on social media and things like pricing models on Amazon and Expedia (if the price on an item you repeatedly view steadily rises over a period of time and then suddenly drops, you are far more likely to buy it).

they will once it starts trending among all the idiots who think posting a continuous stream of their own mentally deficient overemotional vomit to popular blogrolls makes them qualified writers, reporters, and journalists

>lead on content they didn't have to find themselves
>get excuse to write about their most favorite topic of all time
>potential to wring a minimum of 30 """articles""" out of it
be hard pressed to find a more perfect lure for those types, and they & their readerships are the sort who could most benefit from being blindly influenced by something that might actually be helpful for once

>because it's all about
No, it is a fictional story the depicts a world where that is possible.

You seem to have made the same mistake as the people you claim to want to ``illuminate''. Hollywood does not produce facts, they create lies.

Go be stupid somewhere else.

good goy

This

bump

Can't stand Jim Carey. Haven't seen it, never will.

so you memed a zionist shill into the white house

congratulations Sup Forums...you played yourselves

Yeah too bad we shut out Hillary Clinton, she would have taken those Zionists to task

Did we?

Bump

bump