Is Australia Losing the First Carp War?

After several years of above average rainfall, Southern Australia is a landscape brimming with lakes and waterways. However the wet years have provided perfect conditions for Australia's worst freshwater killer, the European carp.

The carp are no joke. They drive down water quality, kill native species, and generally crap up any ecosystem they infiltrate. Worse, they’re highly adaptable and incredibly hard to kill.

They are literally stripping their waterways bare of all Non-Cyprinid life and there is very little stopping them at this point.

Are the Aussies facing yet another catastrophic defeat at the hands of wild animals? Could we see an alliance in the future between the Emu species and the carp?

Could this be the end of the Human nation of Australia?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R4GyrsXY4ms
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War
heavy-r.com/video/140826/Deep_Throat_Blowjob_By_A_FISH/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrocnide_moroides
youtu.be/9CHshkF8GDU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platypus_venom
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Feral carp could be a viable resource if we could find the right market to sell or use them.

At the moment some are ground into fertiliser but the market for it is somewhat limited and the cost of catching, killing and processing biblical quantities of carp has to be matched by a market sale price that covers all those costs plus wages.

The other issue is the damage of pulling every living thing out of the water in order to completely rid the waterway of carp- costly and damaging to the environment.

I'm a greenie at heart but I'm not living in lah-lah land. Whatever we do will have short term damaging consequences for the environment.

Bumping to rescue from page 10

Why not catch...and eat them...

>European Carp

I know they are killing themselves with refugees but why kill us with fish?

Reminder that Australia got fucked up pretty badly in the past because of rabbits.

I wouldn't be surprised if the freaking koalas started some sort of uprising that managed to destroy part of Australia or something like that.

First the emus, and now this...

how hard is it to kill fish?

You are right. In Minnesota they removed 90% of the carp from a man made lake called Lake Susan. The goal was to improve water quality and biodiversity. The next spring the water was much clearer. This resulted in deeper sunlight penetration and a massive algal bloom. The lake became unusable and the stench resulted in property values around the lake dropping dramatically. It is far better to try and control their population through harvesting and reducing access to spawning grounds than these eradication efforts.

nature on top us on the bottom

Also carp grow huge and are great fun to catch on a hook and line.They also fight like hell.

You can leave those motherfuckers out of water for hours and they'll just hop back into the water.

Not very if you hit it with a stick though.

Sell to chinese

>clean them by keeping them in clean water for a few days
>eat em

Tastes GUD!
In fact that was my Christmas dinner.

>not bath for few days to eat a fish

Its pretty hard to kill them without fucking up all the other life in the ecosystem of our rivers. Carp are able to withstand higher ph levels and lower water levels while fucking up the water themselves by increasing turbidity with their ravenous eating habits.

And that's saying a lot, Australian flora and fauna is built to be resilient.

Only slavs keep them in the bathtub.

/jp/ is there any point in posting on your own board anymore?

youtube.com/watch?v=R4GyrsXY4ms

They have taken over.

Carp are literally aquatic pigs, they spend all day sucking the mud and silt from the bottom of bodies of water and eating anything small enough to fit in their mouths.

We built a fence

Ain't going to hold forever.

Daily reminder Australia lost a war against Birds

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War

They're no worse than the cane toads, rabbits, camels, foxes, pigs, rats or feral cats.

Australia is full of feral animals fucking up the ecosystem.

They taste like shit, bottom feeders like most Europeans.

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT KARPPI, LEAVE AUSSIES ALONE!!!!

At least we didn't totally lose our shit over fucking tulips

What are you all going to do about the millions abos? They make our maori look like scientists in comparison.

YOU DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT TULIPS

They're 2% of pop and declining.
I'll crack a bottle if extinction happens in my lifetime

I wish the government would stop trying to give them a leg up with my tax dollars. They're just delaying the inevitable at this point

Also The East India Company committed ethnic cleansing to get a hold of the nutmeg monopoly in Indonesia. Hup hup Nederland

voelt goed man

If they could just teach the emus to want to fight carp....

That's too dangerous man, idea's like that start wars.

We are infecting emu with venereal disease and a lust for carp and letting nature sort it out.

>increasing the Emu's already formidable lust

You're fucking mad or have an emu fetish.

Carps are no laughing matter.

Just eat them all.

>cane toad

"Hmmm wonder what that is?"

>Google: a giant poisonous frog that kills dogs.

Seriously why do people live in australia?

It's like living in Jurassic park.

Does it taste bad when fried?

>he doesn't know about the plants in far northern queensland that will cause so much pain you'll kill yourself if you so much as graze them with your leg

We Czechs eat carp for Christmas eve dinner, maybe you guys should pick this tradition up.

How do you prepare it?

Tell me more about these Jurrasic plants

Australians are the most powerful race

YOU BETTER WATCH OUT CARP
ROMANIA IS CUMMING TO GET YOU

heavy-r.com/video/140826/Deep_Throat_Blowjob_By_A_FISH/

>doesn't know about irukanji
You have no idea how bad things really are

Gympie stingers
We spray them with Fluro yellow paint so you can see the leaves in the bush.
Then basically inject natures form of carbon nanotubes into your skin. Very very painful

It's exactly what it sounds like. They inject a venom that is excruciatingly painful and lasts for on-and-off for years. People have killed themselves to escape.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrocnide_moroides

Dendrocnide moroides, also known as the stinging brush, mulberry-leaved stinger, gympie gympie, gympie, gympie stinger,[1] stinger, the suicide plant, or moonlighter, is common to rainforest areas in the north east of Australia.[2][3][4] It is best known for stinging hairs that cover the whole plant and deliver a potent neurotoxin when touched. It is the most toxic of the Australian species of stinging trees.[2][4] The fruit is edible if the stinging hairs that cover it are removed.[5]

nie Rider, who was slapped in the face and torso with the foliage in 1963, said "For two or three days the pain was almost unbearable; I couldn’t work or sleep, then it was pretty bad pain for another fortnight or so. The stinging persisted for two years and recurred every time I had a cold shower. ... There's nothing to rival it; it's ten times worse than anything else."

The recommended treatment for skin exposed to the hairs is to apply diluted hydrochloric acid (1:10) [12] and to remove the hairs with a hair removal strip.

there have been cases of soldiers going into the rainforest, getting stung, then chambering a round and putting one through their skulls. i believe native animals also kill themselves.

Now because Australians would rather write a stern-worded letter to deal with issues instead of taking action, no-one is equipped to deal with invasions.

I call for hunting seasons and to sell the produce to small African nations and the Jews.

Use it as a toilet paper substitiute.

>Be Australian
>Get BTFO by flightless birds
>Fast forward a few decades
>Get BTFO by fish

A Goanna bit my grandma's foot off. I'm not kidding.

>Dendrocnide moroides, also known as the suicide plant, is common to rainforest areas in the north east of Australia.

Help my fuck I have no idea how bad things really are

I heard a story about a guy who was sexually molesting young women in a Queensland town, whom the locals one day caught and pinned down and rubbed Gympie leaves all over his cock and balls.

one guy did i think, he didn't go 20 minutes before killing himself

is that water flowing down from that rock? weird

also those slashes look like eyes

solution: find a way for abbos to get high off of dead carp

They at best taste like mud.

Why didn't the locals try that when they were getting raped by large flightless birds?

>Irukandji

This shit is extraterrestrial-tier. Fuck

>most toxic of the Australian species of stinging trees
>there are enough species of trees that want you dead to have a ranking system for them

Have you tried to pin an emu down? Those things a just mussels with legs.

He'll just break your legs with his legs and then fuck your wife.

Emus cocks are toxic, barbed, acid shooting, death givers that expel a noxious gas so harsh it first blinds you then chokes you as it fucks you up the ringpiece.

I believe this

There is video of marine biologists who deliberately stung themselves then spend hours in hospital writhing in agony.

Fucked up

Here ya go chuckles

youtu.be/9CHshkF8GDU

We should open up Guantanamo bay 2.0 in Australia and use the natural environment to interrogate the terrorizers

I would actually feel sorry for them, for once

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platypus_venom

>it produces excruciating pain that may be intense enough to incapacitate the victim. Swelling rapidly develops around the entry wound and gradually spreads outward. Information obtained from case studies shows that the pain develops into a long-lasting hyperalgesia that can persist for months but usually lasts from a few days to a few weeks.[5][9] A clinical report from 1992 showed that the severe pain was persistent and did not respond to morphine.

>In 1991, Keith Payne, a former member of the Australian Army and recipient of the Victoria Cross (Australia's highest award for valour) was struck on the hand by a platypus spur, while trying to rescue the stranded animal. He described the pain as worse than being struck by shrapnel. One month later he was still experiencing pain in that hand. In 2006, Payne reported discomfort and stiffness when carrying out some physical activities, such as using a hammer.

I believe you both. I've seen big birds before and they're powerful cunts. But are they immune to bullets? What the fuck happened?

the fact that a bunch of convicts came here, survived and thrived has convinced me that god does not exist. we ARE the gods.

damn sheila
what would happen if I fucked her while she had jellyfish coursing through her veins

The trick is to keep them in clean water for a week, and then bread and fry them.
Carp's a traditional Austrian christmas food. It's pretty good, if you do it right.

Can you really blame abbos for being so primitive? the Emu overlords oppressed them for 50,000 years. Anytime the abbos made an advance in weapons, the Emus would stomp their shit in to prevent an uprising, thus abbos were only free to develop stick technology.

just like Tilapia

After learning about aboriginals, I'm sure emus are more intelligent.

You've got to be a hard-ass nigga to subject yourself to that

lmfao. Some guys were hired by the government to do an emu cull. They didn't know anything about emu's and just spend 4 days shooting at emus without killing any.

They fucked up, they had a big gun on a jeep.

The white man didn't steal Australia, the white man EARNED Australia

So no big battles?

Is that a slav?

Why did you banish my ancestors to this godforsaken place Brits? I have pale white skin.

It hurts.

The white man didn't land on Australia, Australia landed on US

carps are eaten here regularly, aussies just need to step up their game
trow em into a bathtub or large container with clean water for 1-2 weeks without feeding them and they will taste very good when grilled or fried

Australians should allow some Polish migration. They will deal with the carp problem(like they have done it here). Fight invasive species with another invasive species.

Battles? With birds? I wouldn't imagine so.

they just couldn't kill them because they're literally all mussels and legs. Then they got embarrassed and bored, then went to the pub.

>implying your town rapist ancestor didn't deserve it

>letting some major command an entire battalion
this is what happens when the chain of command fails

I think death would have been more efficient and caused less suffering.

The emu that sacrificed itself to take out the steering wheel gets me every fuckng time. Amazing.

I would love to see a movie based on that Major's life, before during and especially after the Emu War

When I was a kid, we were at a restaurant in a small town in Oklahoma. They had a stock tank with catfish swimming around in it. It's only because of Sup Forums that I now know they put them in there to get the mud taste out.

actually its flowing up the rock because australia is upside down, =^)

He never got over his PTSD. Too many dead friends.