Has anyone here had a 'second realization' of how bad the Iraq War was?

Has anyone here had a 'second realization' of how bad the Iraq War was?

Many of us knew about the WMDs being a total hoax. But I actually sat down and thought of the implications of every career politician in the US willfully deceiving the public in order to start a massive war - there is literally no way to get that much bipartisan support behind a massive fucking lie without these politicians being controlled/blackmailed by a (((shadow government))).

If western governments had any sort of free agency the whole plot would have fallen apart from leaks and dissent. If I recall correctly the only US politician who voted against the war was a black woman, who likely wasn't trusted by (((them))) with the details to keep her mouth shut.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0
youtube.com/watch?v=9RC1Mepk_Sw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What was the real goal anyway, laying the ground for ISIS to come?
You all got shit from this venture.

youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0

This should be enough to show you what most of the time spent in Iraq was over. Mindless, pointless killing while the US extracted oil and additional resources.

youtube.com/watch?v=9RC1Mepk_Sw

This guy was the Supreme Allied Commander Europe of NATO during the balkan intervention

So you saying our governments conspire to lie to the population and don't actually work for the good of the country but are in fact selfserving and corrupt?

You dear Sir, need to remove that tinfoil from your head or remove yourself to /x

The WMD was a hoax for sure, but I also think the 'oil war' was a hoax as well.

>laying the ground for ISIS to come?

Yes

ISIS is but a proxy army (like those so-called 'moderate rebels' in Syria) doing what the US cannot afford to do.

Think about it.

Well maybe if europe sent more troops it would've ended better.

I really want to kill people. Should I join ISIS?

I used to think they were just idiots and got in power because society rewards blaggers who bang their head against the wall for long enough. But if you think about it, large conspiracies always fall apart - unless the participants are blackmailed.

Why would the US want those terrorist attacks in Europe?

Do you not remember a MILLION fucking people marching against the war London?

The WMDs were PR pony show. The war was voted for because it was considered a good move for the west for other reasons, likely Saddam moving to leave the petrodollar. There is actually a reasonable argument to be made for the benefits of cutting off this and other middle eastern nationalist movements, from an economic standpoint for the west. If the petrodollar had been circumvented by Iraq without consequences that precedent may have changed the world significantly.

>If I recall correctly the only US politician who voted against the war was a black woman

The Iraq war had something 120 no votes in the US Congress; not just one.

What has that got to do with politicians? Has weed turned your brain into cheddar cheese?

Clinton and Merkel are best friends. Trump threw a wrench in their plans and now merkel is upping the ante around Germany

But the terrorist attacks have been going on for years now, and not only in Germany (France also got its fair share).

>Deceiving the public

Yes, I went through the 'well, yes, of course war is bad unless you're out right attacked and the fact that there weren't any WMDs only makes it worse' phase and later through the 'wait a second, it was literally a lie (and former 'conspiracy theory') which shaped history and killed hundreds of thousands' phase

There's a big difference between an anti-war protest and the kind of protests there would have been if a rogue politician leaked audio or video of the government chuckling about how they knew there were no WMDs.

Yes the difference is an attempt was made to deceive the public, rather than Suez which was just flat out hidden entirely until after the fallout.

desu it seems like it would have more cost effective to develop a virus/plague and just unleash it in iraq

join the police

Kek

In the beginning stages of the invasion, the whole war was called "Operation Iraqi Liberation", until someone realized that the initial letters spelled... well.... they renamed it, and since it was referred to as "Operation Iraqi Liberation".

Before the war, the total costs were estimated to amount to 20-30 bln. $. Estimates of 50 bln were called "insane". "The war will pay off itself through oil sales in the aftermath."

As of today, total costs are estimated to have amounted to 6 BILLION $.

Removing kebab is always good. With groups like ISIS and Al-Qaeda, we've exposed the barbarice nature of islam and got justification for future wars against Islamic World. It's just that the first target was wrong, it'should have been Saudi Aravia or any other Sunni Monarchy, not Saddam's secular Iraq.

I'm sure they are not 100% cooperative

There were many WMDs especially in Ramadi (Iraqi artillary base nearby), just faggots like yourself only think of (((NUKES))).

>The petrodollar
I don't see how there can be any other explanation. Same thing in Libya.

What a fucked up decade+. I will never forget them trotting out Colin Powell, him holding up that stupid vial of Anthrax, all those stupid little charts... it was like watching a play with props.

Every single fucking tim Bush was speaking... it was just like oh wtf is he gonna say this time?
>Mission accomplished!

Jesus Christ.

I remember when this was released. What they don't show is before this video,started, the van was seen picking up and dropping off fighters around the battlefield. They also cut off the part when the US soldiers arrive, they had to get a rocket launcher out from under one of the bodies.

What kind of WMD are they?

It was a war for Dollar. The same as in Libya.

Join the dark brotherhood

"Chemical weapons"